Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Negima Animes and OVAs

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ninjapet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Negima Animes and OVAs

So, has any one watched White Wing? The last episode for it came out a few months ago and the three OVA episodes used chapters 170(ish) to 183. Animation was done by Shaft again (same group who did Negima!? and the Spring and Summer OVAs)

In the next few months the next set of OVAs will be Another World. Which is going to be the Magical world ark. From the site (and google translate) It sounds like the first two episodes will be the, getting to Wales and being at the gate port. Along with them being separated and regrouping.

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

So what do you think the OVAs will get up to story wise? Also it is already said Fate will be in the OVAs but he is going to look much different from the first anime.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eyesotope's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: White wing and Another World OVAs

my info isn't 100% certain but I heard that it'll be 4 OVAs that'll cover the story from the trip to Wales and the magic world all the way to the Negi vs Rakan, which suggests that a huge amount of events will be skipped if they will stuff the story into 4 episodes, but as I said I'm not certain of this yet..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard about it only being 4 eps to

They already skipped a lot in White Wing (Asuna's training with Eva)
    and tried to cram way to much in so little time. At least it followed the story, but this is one of those things they just need to give a new 26 ep + anime to again.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like "hey, let's do a 26 episodes series of Negima now". They need "time". And when I said time, I wanted to say money. =]
    Of course, a TV series would be wayyyy better, but it's not that easy make one... =/
    And, just for you guys know, it'll be 4 episodes + 1 movie, if they sell well.

About the first OAD's series, the Asuna's training arc NEVER was supposed to be animated. Chao's arc neither.

Let's just wait and see.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Movie? O_o first time hearing about this

I hope they do the school festival ark, I want that turned in to anime so badly

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member -the4th-'s Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

The parts of Negima I would kill to see animated is the first Tournament. That would be freaking EPIC. But the OVA's should be fun to watch.

-the4th-
    Last edited by -the4th-; June 29, 2009 at 09:21 AM.
    "All That Lives Must Face Death And I Shall Bring You Peace" I Am The Vampire Evangeline, Gospel Of Darkness. Evil Mage Without Equal.

-Evangeline A.K. McDowell-

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fg7dragon's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjapet View Post
    but this is one of those things they just need to give a new 26 ep + anime to again.
    actually if you ask me what kind of anime treatment should MSN get, I'd say they should do it from scratch with an indefinitely running series (like one piece, etc).. hell, I can't stop drooling when I think about the prospect of MSN anime filler episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
    They need "time". And when I said time, I wanted to say money. =]
    yeah reality always sucks.. thanks for the info about the movie and such, hopefull they'll sell well..

Quote Originally Posted by fg7dragon View Post
    The OP for the new OVA's is out.
    I think that's a fan made video (a well made one too).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the new opening for the OVA was called Love Drive and was going to be sung by Negi, Asuna and Konoka and Setsuna's voice actresses like all the other opening

If you look at it, they had two try's with 26 ep animes already and the first one failing was not there fault the timing of when it came out, not that much money and the time slot it was in was the problem. I mean the first anime is still well done I think, but they did it right when they had started the School festival ark and there choice to end it right after Kyoto was the best move they could make then doing a lot of filler.

2nd anime was ok if you want to watch a anime for Negima and your new to the series this is the best for watching. The fanservice in it is kind of a turn off but it still is a good spin off plot that has a spin off manga to go with it (the manga is way better btw)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fg7dragon's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eyesotope View Post
    I think that's a fan made video (a well made one too).
    It says diferent here:
    http://dic.nicovideo.jp/v/sm7419970

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fg7dragon View Post
    check the comments on this post on Astro's blog, Zefyris' comments should clear things up

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's fanmade, case closed.
    The OP name's Love Drive, this one isn't.
    And last, if you see the name of the video, you'll see it's fanmade.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Any way, I hope new news comes up on how many chapters the OVAs are covering so I know what to hope for. That way I will not be disappointed when they cut a lot of stuff to fit in everything

About that fan made opening, it's not done in Shafts style. Normally Shaft has been using flash's of color and small moving items/ characters moving a little instead of the normal style of opening used for most animes.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well if given only 4 OVA's to work with it would go

ova1
    the gate confusion and detailed but quick battle (then negi wakes up) finds Chachamaru they go to the wind up and find Chiu (i can't wait for that part) and Kotaru then head for the first town. out of character it shows them careing for (the one who got sick)
    OVA2
    they show up in town with minor fights breaking out and find ako and the other 2. then they go to the main head quaters to find out they have to pay for them. askura and sayo join up and the start to enter the tounerment. Enter jack
    OVA3
    ME traing will be shorten and show Yue, Nodoka, Setsuna. Asuna, Kaede, Konoka, Ku Fei, training in shot time. Puru and the others show up at the Capital just in time to save Nodoka.
    OVA4
    Mostly everyone saved they run into Fate onece again. after 15 or so mins we are now a Raken's film. after the film is over Kaede and negi's pacto time. if any time left Raken tell the others that is "Negi" and perlude to the fight.
    Movie
    This would cover him showin the 1k bolt,traing, spa event (ok that last one is IMO) then on to the main fight. and in the end the slaves are freed.

a few months later they think about making an anime series. (IMO)

Now this is jus my logic you don't have to agree but this is what i thought...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first two OVA summery's are up on the site

1st one is them getting to wales and getting to the magical world and meeting Fate and the gate being blown up

2nd one is them being split up and them meeting up

Each one has to be at least 3-5 chapters each and there going to cram in every thing from the split up to them all re-grouping in one ep which has to be at least half a volume

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast