Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorate #1?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Teresa of the Faint Smile

14 63.64%
  • Roxanne of The Love And Hate

1 4.55%
  • Cassandra The Dust Eater

1 4.55%
  • Hystaria The Elegant

1 4.55%
  • Black Alicia

0 0%
  • #1? Who Cares, Galatea is better!

5 22.73%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 116 - Three Forbidden Warriors

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Chapter 116 - Three Forbidden Warriors

Claymore Chapter 116 - Three Forbidden Warriors.

Last Month I asked what everyone wanted to see the most in this chapter. Well Nobody wanted to see Miria's group, Deneve's group, Dae, or most surprising of all, Galatea. Six people would have loved to see Raki beat on the MIBs but sadly we didn't get that. Seven of you were pining away for our main character, Claire, but she didn't show up at all either. But the eight of you who wanted to see the three rank one Claymores got your wish...

Death Comes Unseen-
    We open with a bit of Narration. On how due to their fighting the Abyssal Eaters, and focusing on their other senses, the rebels didn't sense a new threat approaching. Or maybe because they were dressed as normal warriors. Indeed, it looks like they have the AE problem in the bag, when suddenly they are cut down. Even Miria doesn't seem to put up any resistance. The Organization can't believe how strong the three are, but Dae just reminds them he picked the strong ones. Besides the fight isn't over yet...
    Well the Dead Three make their entry, and it's a dynamic one, as they cut down all the rebels with ease. At this point though, I can't be sure that there are any fatalities. When we see the defeated Claymores they all seem to be in one piece. Nobody got chopped up, like Rigardo did.

Evil Elegance-
    The Trainee Twins are still around to fight. And as it turns out Miria and the single digits aren't done yet either. Miria takes one opponent, the twins another, and Audery, Raecheal, and Nina team up against the last. Miria's opponent want's to know if Miria has heard of a place called Rockwell Hill. She can't remember her name or anything else, but she remembers that place. She thinks she died there. That and that she needs to kill all of them. This is enough for Miria to figure out who her opponent is. And her actions are very infamous for Claymores. Seems she decided not to send a black card, and killed a lot of her fellow warriors. Hysteria the Elegant. And after she nearly gets Miria again, it turns out she's got a better version of Miria's own phantom. But Miria is determined not to lose this battle, so she releases her Yoki as much as she can. But will it be enough?
    Well we now learn about one of the former number ones. It seems Hysteria the elegant had a very bad death. Bad for the rest of her generation that is. She didn't send a black card when she started to awaken, and fought the other Claymores. Of course that's just the official version of the story, and that may not be the actual truth. What's more she uses the same ability as Miria, only at a better level. She can use it for attack, and far more precisely than Miria. It seems that Dae put some sort of post hypnotic suggestion into the three when he revived them. Telling them to kill the rebels. But what about after that's done? And obviously that programing won't hold if they start to awaken. So the Org could well be in trouble even if the Rebels get wiped out. Not that it'd be a good thing.

Love, Hate, and the Dust-Eater-
    As for Audery, Nina, and Rachael, they seem to be pressing their opponent hard. Audery thinks that they can beat their foe, and need to do so quickly so as to help the others. As for their foe, who seems to be Cassandra, she sees Roxanne waving at her. Hey, wait, if she was fighting the twins how can she have time to wave? Oh, she's beaten them up, and is just waiting for them to reattach their limbs. Seems she remembers everything. Including how she was the one to finish Cassandra off.
    Well we don't really learn too much about Cassandra. Right now she seems the weakest of the three, but that may change. I doubt Dae would have resurrected her if she really was that much weaker than the other two. I suspect that she's someone who get's knocked down a lot, before turning things around. Or in other words she eats dust first. I wouldn't even be surprised if she turns out to be the strongest of the three. As for Roxanne, I think she got her nickname thusly. She seems to put up a sweet face, but in actuality is a real bitch. She sorta reminds me of Ophelia when we first met her. So well she acts all nice (love) she's really quite cruel (hate). Right now the Miria's group is staying alive, but that's about it. The reinforcements from Tabitha's group will help, but I have my doubts that they'll be enough. And what if any of the three awaken?
    Winner of the Month-
    Roxanne- For totally owning the twins, and making a mockery of the ones awakening.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 05, 2011 at 11:21 PM.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three Forbidden Warriors

My vote is for Teresa, no one in every generation of claymore surpass her power. The scene of her fight against priscilla have revealed all her power. Priscilla at 80% yoki release has been powened by Teresa. If Claire dont' be enter in her life, the head of Priscilla has rolling in the heart long time ago. Hysteria, Cassandra, Roxane, Alisia, Riful, Luisella, Easley.........noone of them can be the winner against the true power of Teresa. Even now, Pirscilla is terrified by Teresa shent/Yoki.

I' remember Miria's word in the first meeting whit claire:

[The first time I saw you, I had the sensation of being in front of the strongest of all. ]

This is for the teresa's presence in Claire. And her presence is only a little part. Noone of us have seen the true power of the beloved numeber 1, but inside of us we can imaginate how much has stronger Teresa. So strong that her presence in the manga would have diminished the importance of every other character.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Note that this is a favorate poll, not a strongest poll. Of course if Teresea is your favorate, that's fine. For me the thing I like most about Teresea isn't her strength, it's the humanity Claire maneged to reawaken in her.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    My vote is for Teresa
    I know.....I just talked about more than it should.... sorry :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sometimes the most powerful is your favorite for this very reason. All the heroes that we love are the most powerful, who win by overpowering over "evil". Sadly, this is often poorly done, as they're born/destined with supreme power or they magically get a power boost after getting pwned, sighs.

Claymore does this very well, though that's a biased opinion, but one that I can back up beyond my bias, hehe.

(I'd rather not discuss it right now, as I'm too tired to try to write about it at this moment, but if someone is interested, I can/will do so)

----------------

I know the poll is about who is your favorite, but the review is about the chapter, and a big part of the chapter, is comparing the rank 1 Claymores to each other.

so, to continue Mei Terumi's discussion:

..for me..

Teresa > Priscilla > Irene > Sophia/Noel

and/or

Teresa > ~80% Orcish Priscilla / AO Rosemary

so first, Roxanne/Cassandra/Hysteri have to:

1. Prove they're more powerful than Sophia/Noel

2. Prove they're more powerful than Irene

3. Prove they're more powerful than Claymore Priscilla

or

1. Kill an AO with total ease, like Teresa did with AO Rosemary / Rival or Survive a ~80% Orcish Priscilla with only 10% YR

---

THAN, and only than, do we compare Roxanne/Cassandra/Hysteria to Teresa.

----

p.s.

remember,

1. Roxanne/Cassandra/Hysteria are ONLY the most powerful of the Dead Rank 1 Claymores THAT CAN BE REVIVED, a.k.a. they're "Whole" and non-Awakened. So, they are NOT the most powerful rank 1 beings.

2. We haven't actually seen any rank 1 Claymore (their battle abilities/performance) truly, so we have no one to compare Hysteria/Roxanne/Cassandra to, as Hysteria/Roxanne/Cassandra is the first time we're really seeing a rank 1 Claymore in action
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 09, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Teresa all the way. The story with Teresa and Clare was so beautiful, so tragic, and yet so perfect in setting up the entire background. It told us so much about the world of Claymore during the few chapters that featured Teresa, and left us wanting for more ever since. If it wasn't for Teresa, Claymore would of been a very different story.
    Last edited by Khorr; July 09, 2011 at 06:31 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well nothing wrong with voting for who you think is the strongest, if that's what makes them your favorate. Granted this probaly will end up won by Teresa in a landslide, but oh well. Best poll question I could think of for the month.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, you can still look to who comes in as #2, if that's the case. Though, it would need enough people to vote for a "non-Teresa" choice.

Or, if people could discuss/post who would be their second (non-Teresa) choice, that could be an option too.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I had to vote for Roxanne. Teresa was good, but she's too soft hearted. I love a devious women who take care of the job. LOL! Look what she did to the TWAT in a couple of minutes. I love it when she said she chopped Cassandra head off "FROM THE BACK!" Oh yea!

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    so first, Roxanne/Cassandra/Hysteri have to:

1. Prove they're more powerful than Sophia/Noel

2. Prove they're more powerful than Irene

3. Prove they're more powerful than Claymore Priscilla

or

1. Kill an AO with total ease, like Teresa did with AO Rosemary / Rival or Survive a ~80% Orcish Priscilla with only 10% YR
    I think Roxanne already proved herself to be as strong or stronger than Miria. She chopped the TWAT with ease.

As for being as strong as Teresa, I doubt it.
    Last edited by Joe7133; July 10, 2011 at 08:20 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, Roxanne is more powerful than Miria presumably as is thus far seen, but how powerful (or not powerful) is Miria?

Can Miria defeat Sophia/Noel ??? Then, Irene ?? Then, Claymore Priscilla?

or

Can Miria defeat AO Rosemary with No YR or 70%+ Orcish Priscilla with only 10% YR ???

--------

If Miria's not able to defeat Hysteria, then she's obviously not at the power level of a rank 1, which would mean that Roxanne is neccessarily that powerful either.

As it depends on how powerful the TAITS (Trainee Awakening Identical Twins) are. I personally do NOT think the TAITs are at the power level of a rank 1, as I'm sorry but there's a total difference between Awakened Alicia's (who is/was a rank 1) "Queen of Blades Sarah Kerrigan the Zerg Queen ^tm (Blizzzard's Starcraft/Broodwar game)" and the TAITs' "Dragon" Awakened form. Alicia's Awakened form was equal to the Awakened forms of the other AOs, Isley, Riful, Luciela, and Rosmary's. The TAITs' "Dragon" Awakened form, just don't compare, doesn't have the power of an Awakened rank 1 being's form. The actual AOs would crush the TAITs, as thus/because the TAITs are NOT (or must not be) rank 1 beings.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 11, 2011 at 12:36 AM.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review Super Angillis. It was also somewhat introspective (Cassandra the Dust Eater). I would say that Yagi gave us a very interesting chapter that certainly gave us something to talk about. Our speculations will have to sustain us for the next month or so unfortunately. As far as the poll goes I voted for Galatea because really, you can't surpass perfection.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Claire's my favorite #1, bit she wasn't on the list so I chose Teresa.

Also it's been so many chapters...What happened to Claire? She merged with the Priscilla...wait not she merged with the twins...but then What became of Priscilla? I remember after merging she used the twin beast blob to attack Priscilla... but then what happened? And was her body ejected after that?

Too many months...

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the poll's choices are for rank 1 Claymores, albiet it's missing some rank 1 Claymores hehe, but this is why there's no Clare as a choice.

there is rank 3 Galatea but it's done as partly a joke with how so many people think she's gorgeous

and there's Teresa, who's actually far beyond a rank 1, but whatever, I'm getting too semantical.

though, the thread and poll was created by Super Angillis, so I'll leave it to him for his own response, if he chooses to give a response.

--------------------------

Clare, Priscilla, Destroyer, and ~Teresa are still ensnared together as the "Blob of 3 or 4".

Miria takes on the Org HQs by herself. The Organization retaliates against Rabona, as the Claymores from Luatrec return to Rabona, which is under seige.

Also, the Claymores from Luatrec had brung the "Blob of 3 or 4" back to nearby Rabona, which doesn't make Galatea too happy, having a "nuke that can detonate at any time" next to her beloved Rabona Holy City. Galatea is able to sense Clare, Priscilla, and the Destroyer inside, and thus all are still alive.

Meanwhile Deneve is giving Tabatha some "hard love" becoming the new leader in Miria's place, and Helen and Galatea hurry back to Rabona.

yada yada yada
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 15, 2011 at 01:36 PM.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Claire might be called the un-numbered, number one. Technically she's still #47 of the Organization; the last of the last. But she was always showing signs of more. And continued growing. Was she blessed with the arm of Galatea? Who was that? And she continued to learn and grow. Pretty sure

Can't even comprehend this Rozanne, The Love and Hate? They haven't shown any of her fighting technique. Just that she seems to be a #1 above even the resurrected #1's. Scary! Not sure Teresa of the Faint Smile is by power/skill as peerless as we feel/felt...

Completely can not understand Cassandra the "dust eater"? Is she the highest regenerating #1 ever? Cause calling someone a dirt eater or dust eater usually has the meaning of someone who is bullied and beaten done or who is the slowest in a race... So what is up with how she seems to struggle, and have a such an unflattering name?

Hysteria. Wow. Have to wonder if that was a phonetic of English written in Japanese. Believing your enemy is passing throw your body with each cut? Could not have a more fitting name.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Edit: Anyway Roxi seems like a badarse but I voted for Galatea for the lolz.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 16, 2011 at 01:14 AM.

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast