Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Usagi Drop

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Usagi Drop

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Perhaps not too soon because Rin just got a new "father" so a new "mother" would be too early.
    You mentioning Rin getting a new “mother” made me think of a possibility that could happen in this story…What if after Rin and Dai-chan get really attached to each other and start living a real father-daughter relationship…what if Rin’s mom appear out of the blue and decides to take back her daughter (maybe because she is now in a position where she is able to take care of her daughter) which of course will mean taking Rin away from Dai-chan? What if that happens? I wonder what route the story will take if that happens…will Dai-chan fight to keep Rin by his side or will he decide that the best thing is for her to be with her mother? Will Rin stay with Dai-chan? Or will she go with her mother?
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If the birth mother does appear, I don't think Rin will be willing to go back to her. The mother left her daughter with her elderly boyfriend and doesn't seem to have kept in contact with either of them. It'll be awkward and traumatizing for Rin, and Dai will probably fear not seeing her again. You earn the title of being called a parent so even if the mother gave birth to Rin, it doesn't make her a mom.

I also think it'll be hard for her to track Rin down: there will be no one at Dai's grandfather's house anymore, and even if Rin's mother knows the contact information of the other relatives, they probably won't tell her anything.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that the grandfather's maid could be her mum, but it doesn't look like Rin would want to see her again. I can't imagine her mum coming after her, I think Dai-chan will find her sooner or later but gets told that she don't want to see Rin or care for her. Her actions made me think that she didn't want to have a child with grandfather in the first place :/

Episode 3 was nice, the interaction between Rin and Daikichi are so cute and it's nice to see that Dai-chan seems to care a lot for her. The anime gives off the same vibe as flat and I'm really hooked on it now

The anime's doing a good job showing both the hardship from Dai-chan's and Rin's perspective. I really like the closeness to reality, so far it feels like a complete real life story.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    The anime's doing a good job showing both the hardship from Dai-chan's and Rin's perspective. I really like the closeness to reality, so far it feels like a complete real life story.
    I like that too. Dai sacrificing his job for rin is a right choice imo and I'm sure alot of factors in this episode lead up to that choice.
    I'm glad that rin and dai family are getting along well, to me, Dai is already Rin's father and dai's mother dream of grandchild might already be fulfilled
    Oh and Dai cooks too that's a plus for his daddy character.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    You earn the title of being called a parent so even if the mother gave birth to Rin, it doesn't make her a mom.
    QFT. However, since Rin’s mother is part of the cast I have a feeling she’ll reappear into her daughter’s life at some point during the course of the anime. She is voiced by one of my favorite female seiyuu, the wonderful Maaya Sakamoto. I’m not really fond of Rin’s mother but the fact that she is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto makes me look forward to her introduction into the series.

Quote Quote:
    I also think it'll be hard for her to track Rin down: there will be no one at Dai's grandfather's house anymore, and even if Rin's mother knows the contact information of the other relatives, they probably won't tell her anything.
    True…then maybe Rin’s mom will be voiced by Maaya during some flashbacks scenes? And judging by the last episode it seems Rin’s mom didn’t love her daughter very much.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    My guess is that the grandfather's maid could be her mum, but it doesn't look like Rin would want to see her again.
    I thought it was confirmed that the maid was in fact Rin’s mom. And, she wasn’t very affectionate with her daughter. From the way Rin described her it seemed Rin was afraid of her.

Quote Quote:
    Her actions made me think that she didn't want to have a child with grandfather in the first place :/
    Yes, I thought the same thing. Maybe Rin was the result of an unplanned pregnancy? Maybe Rin’s mom thought that since her boyfriend (the grandpa) was so old she didn’t have to take the necessary precautions to not get pregnant?

Quote Quote:
    Episode 3 was nice, the interaction between Rin and Daikichi are so cute and it's nice to see that Dai-chan seems to care a lot for her.
    ITA. Dai-chan is a great man and he is turning slowly but surely into an awesome dad.

Quote Quote:

I agree, the story and the characters truly feel real. Sometimes I get the feeling like I’m peeking inside the life of real-life people. ^_^ That’s how real it feels.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Dai sacrificing his job for rin is a right choice imo and I'm sure alot of factors in this episode lead up to that choice.
    Dai-chan’s priorities have changed, Rin is his priority now. Therefore, being there for her and spending time with her has become more important to Dai-chan than his job. That’s not an easy decision to make, unless you love your child. The fact that Dai-chan took that decision means that he loves Rin-chan as his own daughter now. Rin-chan is amazing like that , she can capture the heart of anyone who gets to know her, as we saw in this episode, because Dai-chan’s mom, dad and younger sister definitely like Rin-chan now.

Quote Quote:
    I'm glad that rin and dai family are getting along well, to me, Dai is already Rin's father and dai's mother dream of grandchild might already be fulfilled
    ITA. ^_^

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Thanks to Proof for the info!
    There will be a live action film adaptation coming out in August starring Matsuyama Kenichi as Daikichi and Mana Ashida as Rin.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It was touching how Rin is able to bond with the other relatives and that they don't see her as a burden anymore. The theme of this episode was sacrificing one's livelihood for the sake of someone else. Dai's co-worker and mother did it, but I don't think Rin's mother was able to. Maybe that's why she left; she didn't want to lose anything and also has the mindset that Kazumi has.

Rin doesn't seem to know that the maid was the one who gave birth to her, and personally I think it's best that way for now. She may be curious later on in life, but she's content living with Dai so there shouldn't be any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    QFT. However, since Rin’s mother is part of the cast I have a feeling she’ll reappear into her daughter’s life at some point during the course of the anime. She is voiced by one of my favorite female seiyuu, the wonderful Maaya Sakamoto. I’m not really fond of Rin’s mother but the fact that she is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto makes me look forward to her introduction into the series.

True…then maybe Rin’s mom will be voiced by Maaya during some flashbacks scenes? And judging by the last episode it seems Rin’s mom didn’t love her daughter very much.
    Ah, since the mother is already casted then she would have to make an appearance whether in a flashback or the present.

It seems that it will be Dai who would search for her instead. I can sort of imagine the possible reunion between her and Rin, but I have no idea how she or Dai would interact with each other.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm greatful, that I've waited till the third episode to start the series.

Haven't been touched that often in my anime career*lol*, was it possible not to fall in love with that sweet little girl? The first made me cry out of empathy, the third one did out of happyness. I really hated how the family showed their disdain towards Rin, the sister was the worst, not thinking of her words. And a nice turn of events in the latest episode, where she found a place of warmth meeting other people.

Does he ever has off on weekends?^^ I don't think the mother will play a big role in the short series, I hope so at least. Don't wanna be spoiler by the manga, had already overread a little spoiler by accident.
    Firm but Fair

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to this thread, Schabrak! Glad to see more people joining this thread.

About the mom, I might be totally wrong but I have a feeling she will appear just when everything between Dai-chan and Rin is going wonderfully, don’t ask me why but I have that hunch about Rin’s mom.

And this thread is spoiler-free, there is a manga thread where fans can discuss the manga but this thread is to solely discuss the anime. ^_^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler:  for manga show

but I love Rin 's shy around Dai's family and worry about Death Event ...Poor Sweat ...

that is true about raising child and work is not always easy ...

i notice modem in Grandpa 's House ..
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 26, 2011 at 08:30 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: for manga show
    I can hope for another season at least.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 26, 2011 at 08:30 PM.
    Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that spoilers from the manga can leak in this thread unintentionally; however, I would like to ask you guys that if you are going to write something spoilerish please write it inside spoiler tags.

If possible, please let’s keep this thread spoiler-free. Thanks in advance! destiny4ever

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that spoilers from the manga can leak in this thread unintentionally; however, I would like to ask you guys that if you are going to write something spoilerish please write it inside spoiler tags.

If possible, please let’s keep this thread spoiler-free. Thanks in advance! destiny4ever

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Spoiler: for manga show
    I can hope for another season at least.
    i can't said about relate of Chapter but if someone was upset about my post ... i am sorry for that , i just post without realize it for forum rules... i am so sorry about that

really for new season? ..this anime is more genre , Slice of Life was not famous for second season...unlikely

i can't believe my firend love this series ... because most of part is Rin!! but he can't wait for next esp .. i told him weekly esp .. but my firend mad at me too , i already spoil for him ...
    Last edited by raptor02_2001; July 26, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

You shouldn't have done that.
    One rule of mine is to never ever spoil a story for anyone even when asked to.
    Sadly, I've been spoiled about usagi drop on another forum and started raging, that guy didn't use spoiler tags either
    and it was on the first page..
    Don't open this unless you already read the manga.
    Spoiler show

Anyway welcome to this thread scha, it's rare to see you around otaku theater, not that I stalk you or anything

Quote Quote:
    The first made me cry out of empathy, the third one did out of happyness.
    I didn't cry but I felt sad at some moments and really happy at another mainly because of Rin and Dai interactions

Quote Quote:
    I really hated how the family showed their disdain towards Rin, the sister was the worst, not thinking of her words.
    Considering where it is, it's actually pretty realistic imo.
    This makes usagi drop interesting because everything feels so real so far.
    I can definitively relate to the family and understand why they think that.

Quote Quote:
    Does he ever has off on weekends?^^ I don't think the mother will play a big role in the short series, I hope so at least.
    I also hope that the mother won't play a big role or anything major because imo it'll be predictable and cliche.
    But then again, what matters is the execution so I hope it'll be done well if ever.
    and yeah, Dai pretty much dedicated half his life to raising rin

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah some feel betrayed, but wasn't the grandfather living alone anyway? Excluding that his behaviour was inappropriate for his age, wasn't he allowed to have fun in live anymore[If his wife did die 6 years prior :E]? Who expected that pos of a mother to leave her child with that man, to have such attitude towards her when she was still with Rin?

It's certainly not the first time seen in the Josei genre, but I still feel disgusted everytime. Displacement of their hate or not, they were all adults, had children themself, Daikichis sister even has one in Rin's age, were their hads turned off, seing that little lonesome girl sitting all by her own. They didn't even have to take her own, but they ignored her for a whole day and that's the sad element. I'm not trying to change anything, in the end it helped the plot, made every happy moment for Rin even more delightful. I need my weekly dosis now!
    Firm but Fair

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

After just watching the first minutes of ep 4, I'm totally rooting for Kouki's mum and Daikichi + Kouki and Rin could be a nice pairing too, when they have grown older Liked how he protected Rin and vice versa Rin looking after him.

I laughed hard when Rin said that having a Mum likes Kouki's would be fine and Daikichi gets totally enthusiastic XD

I'm definitely sold on this series now and I'm really looking forward to how both of them will influence each other. It's a great thing that Rin already trusts Daikichi so much and I think they make a great father and daughter pairing

I thought it was confirmed that the maid was in fact Rin’s mom. And, she wasn’t very affectionate with her daughter. From the way Rin described her it seemed Rin was afraid of her.
    Yup you're right, it was very likely because it was written on the maternal health record. It's just that I thought perhaps it could be someone other and the maid is/was some kind of substitute mum. After watching ep 4 it's completely certain that she's her mum. Like Daikichi I hope she does have a damn good reason for abandoning her <__< Rin's such a cute girl, she's growing on me more and more
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; July 29, 2011 at 05:31 AM.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast