Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Usagi Drop

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Usagi Drop

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    After just watching the first minutes of ep 4, I'm totally rooting for Kouki's mum and Daikichi + Kouki and Rin could be a nice pairing too, when they have grown older Liked how he protected Rin and vice versa Rin looking after him.
    Kouki-kun’s mom and Dai-chan do make a cute couple, plus Rin likes her and Dai has shown that he likes her as well. In addition, Kouki could have Dai as a father figure and Rin could have Kouki-kun’s mom as a mother figure. Everybody wins! ^_^

And since you’ve mentioned Rin looking after Kouki-kun, I liked how protective and caring Rin-chan is with the other kids in the daycare. Everybody loves her! It is kind of ironic how motherly Rin behaves towards kids younger than her, something that I doubt learned from her own mom, since judging by the flashbacks, she didn’t seem that motherly towards Rin-chan.

Quote Quote:
    I laughed hard when Rin said that having a Mum likes Kouki's would be fine and Daikichi gets totally enthusiastic XD
    That was funny I agree.

Quote Quote:
    Like Daikichi I hope she does have a damn good reason for abandoning her <__< Rin's such a cute girl, she's growing on me more and more
    While I’m in no way saying that what Rin’s mom did was all right, I do wonder why she thought the best thing she could do for her daughter was to disappear completely from her life. Moreover, I wonder why she thought of herself as a bad mother…I wonder what she was feeling guilty of…what did she do to cause her to feel like that…

On another note, I thought it was interesting how Rin-chan has no clue that she is Dai-chan’s aunt and that Dai-chan is her nephew…she doesn’t even know who he is yet she trust him with all of her heart.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 29, 2011 at 06:23 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody loves her!³

Animation was excellent as before and had my heart warm up again. I get teary-eyes just by watching how that little girl copes with her live, being embarrassed when Rin notices that she's doing her practice for the presentation.^^ kawaii Her Seiyuu Ayu Matsuura is doing a nice job also, who would have thought that it would be a real child.

I would love to see them extend their relationship to Kouki and his mum, but I don't want to be to be given the runaround too. Rin's character formed by her father, who did was pretty relaxed and nice towards her, maybe she expresses her wish for a motherfigure that way too.

A quick gif Hm will probably add his running too. Haha I love her faces, made so many pics already, will probably wait a couple of more eps for a nice Ava.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 29, 2011 at 07:02 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    being embarrassed when Rin notices that she's doing her practice for the presentation.^^ kawaii
    Rin getting all embarrassed and trying to hide it from Dai-chan was super adorable I agree. And so realistic as well.

Quote Quote:
    Her Seiyuu Ayu Matsuura is doing a nice job also, who would have thought that it would be a real child.
    She is very talented!! She is doing a fantastic job voicing Rin-chan.

Quote Quote:
    Rin's character formed by her father, who did was pretty relaxed and nice towards her, maybe she expresses her wish for a motherfigure that way too.
    Interesting point!

Quote Quote:
    A quick gif Hm will probably add his running too. Haha I love her faces, made so many pics already, will probably wait a couple of more eps for a nice Ava.
    Thanks for the gif! Rin and Dai-chan are so cute together!

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice episode
    Rin's reactions to what Dai does and say is so funny, lol at all the -.- faces in this episode.
    I agree that kouki's mother and dai will make a good pairing and if not, great friends!
    I'm surprised that Dai actually called her mother, I thought that he won't.
    I really enjoyed this episode for its humor.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know whether I should root for Daisuke/Kouki's mom or root for little Kouki/Rin! Either way I hope the members of the two families will bond with one. Kouki and Rin can grow up to be good friends, and the adults can help each other out.

Dai won't hand over Rin to the mother (for obvious reasons) so when he called, I'm sure it was to clear up any misconceptions and answer some questions. The mother seemed pretty young so maybe it was simply immaturity that prevented her from taking part in Rin's life. That's what I think though I'm not 100% sure.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    And since you’ve mentioned Rin looking after Kouki-kun, I liked how protective and caring Rin-chan is with the other kids in the daycare. Everybody loves her! It is kind of ironic how motherly Rin behaves towards kids younger than her, something that I doubt learned from her own mom, since judging by the flashbacks, she didn’t seem that motherly towards Rin-chan.
    I completely agree on that. It was so cute when she waved to the little baby and it went happy instantly. Both were so incredibly cute Rin definitely is a very kind-hearted girl and she completely grew on me.

While I’m in no way saying that what Rin’s mom did was all right, I do wonder why she thought the best thing she could do for her daughter was to disappear completely from her life. Moreover, I wonder why she thought of herself as a bad mother…I wonder what she was feeling guilty of…what did she do to cause her to feel like that…
    well we got the answer, it was because of her work tbh I don't really know what to think of her, it seemed like she cares for Rin and yet she's handling the whole situation as it would be something trivial. At least she knows that she has done something horrible :/

And in contrary to the mother, I really liked how Dai-chan was handling the whole situation. He really is a great father, caring for and respecting Rin's wishes. Her reason to keep her name is totally understandable and again I was fascinated that she seems so grown up for her age.

Again I loved their interactions, like when they are brushing their teeth together or when Rin just wanted to be huged by Dai-chan
    The song sung by the kids was also very enjoyable and cute. It looks like I'm writing too much "cute" here but this episode really was full of such moments

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I completely agree on that. It was so cute when she waved to the little baby and it went happy instantly. Both were so incredibly cute Rin definitely is a very kind-hearted girl and she completely grew on me.
    That scene was super adorable!! Rin is lethally cute, she is one of the most adorable character of the manga/anime world.

Quote Quote:
    well we got the answer, it was because of her work tbh I don't really know what to think of her, it seemed like she cares for Rin and yet she's handling the whole situation as it would be something trivial. At least she knows that she has done something horrible :/
    It was very hard for me to be empathic toward Rin’s mom…maybe because of her answers during the conversation she had with Rin…it was as if Rin was an obstacle in her life and she just decided to get rid of it. She might feel some guilt regarding abandoning Rin…but…I would rather for her to feel concern and affection towards Rin instead of guilt. Well…at least she showed a bit of concern when she mentioned the last name matter.

Quote Quote:
    And in contrary to the mother, I really liked how Dai-chan was handling the whole situation. He really is a great father, caring for and respecting Rin's wishes. Her reason to keep her name is totally understandable and again I was fascinated that she seems so grown up for her age.
    Dai-chan is winning my heart with each episode, he is …amazing!! Rin doesn’t see Dai-chan as her father and she probably won’t, but she def. sees him as a very important person in her life. And vice versa, Rin has become someone very special and important to Dai-chan. I would have liked for Dai-chan to adopt Rin, but as you said, it was very understandable why Rin didn’t want that.

Quote Quote:
    Again I loved their interactions, like when they are brushing their teeth together or when Rin just wanted to be huged by Dai-chan
    Those scenes were so sweet!!

Quote Quote:
    The song sung by the kids was also very enjoyable and cute.
    ITA. It was a heartwarming moment.

And I’m all for Daichi and Kouki’s mom, they make such a cute couple.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 06, 2011 at 09:02 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I can sympathize with Rin's mother. From the way she speaks, she seems like a child herself. Add on her job as a mangaka, and it makes more sense as to why she doesn't want to take care of her daughter.

My favourite scenes from the episode was when Daikichi teared up, and when he gave her a hug after the ED. I thought they were really sweet. :3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I can sympathize with Rin's mother. From the way she speaks, she seems like a child herself. Add on her job as a mangaka, and it makes more sense as to why she doesn't want to take care of her daughter.
    Maybe it isn’t that I can’t feel empathy for Rin’s mother, because I do understand why she abandoned Rin-chan (although I still think the way in which she treated Rin wasn’t the right one), but it’s more like…it is very hard for me to like her. I don’t like Rin’s mom.

Quote Quote:
    My favourite scenes from the episode was when Daikichi teared up, and when he gave her a hug after the ED. I thought they were really sweet. :3
    And the wonderful quote: ““Am I raising Rin, or is she raising me?” ^_^

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like her either. If you are going with the decision to have a child, you should take care of her all the way.
    Even if you do have responsibilities, as an adult, you should be able to manage them and make decisions wisely, no matter
    how hard it will be.. because the one suffering most is not you, but your child.
    However, Rin's mother seems far from an adult imo, more like a grown up teenager.

Quote Quote:
    Well…at least she showed a bit of concern when she mentioned the last name matter.
    I wonder if Rin kept the name knowing that she might get laughed it or talk about in school in the future.
    If so, that is very understanding of her as she acknowledge who her real father is and face the truth by saying Daikichi should just be Daikichi!
    I know, I might be thinking to much here. One thing I can be sure about tho, rin will grow up to be a very strong individual

Quote Quote:
    Wonderful indeed. I guess they are both helping each other grow.

My favorite part of this episode is the kindergarten scene, that is a cute moment and I get to know whats it like
    graduating from a kindergarten there

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it isn’t that I can’t feel empathy for Rin’s mother, because I do understand why she abandoned Rin-chan (although I still think the way in which she treated Rin wasn’t the right one), but it’s more like…it is very hard for me to like her. I don’t like Rin’s mom.
    I understand since I'm not too fond of Rin's mother either. It's just that she was (still is?) emotionally and mentally immature so I can see why she made the decision she did.

Quote Quote:
    That was a nice quote because it summarizes the bond between them: Rin is the aunt of Daikichi, and yet she's the child. It's counterintuitive and unlike conventional familial ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I don't like her either. If you are going with the decision to have a child, you should take care of her all the way.
    Even if you do have responsibilities, as an adult, you should be able to manage them and make decisions wisely, no matter
    how hard it will be.. because the one suffering most is not you, but your child.
    However, Rin's mother seems far from an adult imo, more like a grown up teenager.
    Yeah, the selfishness of Rin's mother makes me think that she was in her late-teens when she became pregnant. At that age you're still figuring out who you are so you don't have the time to take care of someone else. Perhaps the reason why she went through the pregnancy instead of having an abortion -although I'm not sure what Japanese laws are like- is because the grandfather really wanted the child. There's such thing as surrogate mothers so this situation is probably similar in that regard.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if Rin kept the name knowing that she might get laughed it or talk about in school in the future.
    If so, that is very understanding of her as she acknowledge who her real father is and face the truth by saying Daikichi should just be Daikichi!
    Wouldn't it be the opposite? If she has a different surname than Daikichi (who her peers would assume is her dad), they would ask questions. I commend her for keeping a part of her father with her though.

Quote Quote:
    I know, I might be thinking to much here. One thing I can be sure about tho, rin will grow up to be a very strong individual
    Definitely! She's like an anti-thesis of her mom: she's mature and knows exactly what she wants.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I see her keeping her original name as a hint to her having a strong willed character in the future.

Seeing the mother play with her hair[not the sexual way obviously...] is clearly a device that she's still partly a child herself. She may have a boyfriend, but there are a lot of those in the early teens from my experience.^^ It may be irresponsible of her not to take care of Rin, but would it have been better if she did? Teenagers make mistakes, even if it's getting pregnant... so it was definitely better for someone capable to take care of Rin. It's not like she gave up from the beginning, she had 5 to 6 years to think about it. I think she's quiet unlikeable too, it kinda angered me to see her having a guy and most probable sexual relationship, but talking about not having time for a child. Damn selfish bitch. :E

I wish I had some more time to edit all the pictures. The bathing & theater scenes will make some good gifs.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 09, 2011 at 04:16 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the tree theme for episode 6 and how that tradition keeps going.
    Kouki is a funny kid I hope he will always look after rin from now on in school
    and grow up as childhood friends.
    Rin is adorable as always with the ninjaing and comparing cereal with dog food.
    Its a good thing to see dai crawling out in his boxers because of the whistle, its good to be overprotective.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I really like the tree theme for episode 6 and how that tradition keeps going.
    I agree. Since Daikichi planted a tree for Rin, it's like she really is part of the family; the tradition started with the grandfather and will hopefully continue with her.

Kouki is adorable. His personality is almost the opposite of his mother. XD I was worried that he and Rin were going to get lost when they took the "short cut", but I'm glad they met up with the other school children. Poor Daikichi... he has to discipline Kouki as well.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode is quite heavy.
    I guess its hard to really understand how Haruka is going through unless you are a mother..which I'm not but at least
    I can relate to her. Must be hard to maintain a family and especially so to be a housewife in japan, with their traditional culture
    and etc <_< but I'm glad that Haruka is not getting a divorce and I believe that she actually loves her husband..instead of what she said,
    that the entire family is her enemy, I think she doesn't really meant what she said.
    Still..yeah, years of your youth spent away to raise your child..isn't an easy thing.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast