Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Usagi Drop

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Usagi Drop

Hopefully Haruka will be able to work things out with her husband. It seems to me that the main issue is the in-law instead of the spouse. The husband didn't seem like a bad person when he picked them up- he was gentle with Reina at least.

---------- Post added August 29, 2011 at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was August 23, 2011 at 10:59 PM ----------

It was nice of Rin's mother to stay behind and watch her daughter as a seven-year-old; I think she still has maternal affection towards Rin even after all these years. As always, I'm surprised by the contrast between the two of them. Soukichi-san's influence must have been really strong.

My favourite scene was when Daikichi was thinking to himself and Rin kept calling his name.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Now it seems more like she just didn't feel mature enough to care of Rin, her statement about more work was suggestive too, but it's obviously to late. Her character isn't suited for a mother type anyway, not if she had 6/7 long years to develop as is still like that.

It was also nice to see how she's coping with the whole situation, the little shocker in the middle was quiet alarming, but all went well in the end. I wish the epilog would have been part of the real episode.^^
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 29, 2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Now it seems more like she just didn't feel mature enough to care of Rin, her statement about more work was suggestive too, but it's obviously to late. Her character isn't suited for a mother type anyway, not if she had 6/7 long years to develop as is still like that.
    I agree. Although we're not given her age (in the anime), she was probably in her late teens/early 20s when she had Rin. Most young women nowadays want to do their own thing rather than being tied down to domestic life.

Quote Quote:
    It was also nice to see how she's coping with the whole situation, the little shocker in the middle was quiet alarming, but all went well in the end. I wish the epilog would have been part of the real episode.^^
    The epilogue would have been nice if it was included in the episode. Rin in her yukata was so cute.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just started watching Usagi Drop. I've been more often than not disappointed with manga to anime adaptations but this one is unbelievably good.

I'm curious about how close they were going to stick to the manga if they decide to continue the series, plot-wise.
    Spoiler: manga spoilers(nothing specific though) show
    Last edited by Jammin; September 02, 2011 at 12:14 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

When Rin got sick, it was probably the first time Daikichi "broke down". I wouldn't know what to do in his situation as well because even with his care, it's up to Rin as well to fully cover. It was nice of Yukari-san to help Daikichi out, and it was adorable how Kouki blushed when Rin thanked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I'm curious about how close they were going to stick to the manga if they decide to continue the series, plot-wise.
    There's only one episode left so we probably won't see Rin's high school years unless the producers make a second season. I have the same inquiries as you do about the ending...

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    When Rin got sick, it was probably the first time Daikichi "broke down". I wouldn't know what to do in his situation as well because even with his care, it's up to Rin as well to fully cover. It was nice of Yukari-san to help Daikichi out, and it was adorable how Kouki blushed when Rin thanked him.

There's only one episode left so we probably won't see Rin's high school years unless the producers make a second season. I have the same inquiries as you do about the ending...
    Agreed. Still it was so sweet to see how much he cares for Rin
    And I wonder if Yukari and Dakichi will really end up as a pair, I would love to see them together.

It's sad that the season's already ending if their isn't any announcement for a new one soon I might start the manga.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad the last episode didn't seem like a finale by having a dramatic event that feels out of place with the other ten episodes. This is a slice-of-life anime so there's no such thing as an "end" just like in real life; life goes on until death.

It's great how it seems like there will be a continuation because -putting the manga aside- Rin and Daikichi's story isn't over: we can imagine what they'll be up to tomorrow, what Rin will learn at school and how Daikichi will cope with the various obstacles that raising a child entails.

Whether there'll be a second season or not, I'm happy with how things have tied up. I'm glad I picked up on this series when I did.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4