Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Which Combo Team is left standing?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Shinji with relative ease

    0 0%
  • Team Shinji with relative difficulty

    6 31.58%
  • Both teams have equal chances

    2 10.53%
  • Team Urahara with relative difficulty

    4 21.05%
  • Team Urahara with relative ease

    7 36.84%
New Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

  1. #1
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    725
    Post Thanks / Like

    Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    Team Shinji
    Shinji
    Shunsui
    Soifon
    Hitsugaya

    Team Urahara
    Urahara
    Yoruichi
    Isshin

    Location: FKT
    Starting Distance: 100 meters
    Starting state: Shikai for Shunsui, Urahara, Shinji. Bankai for Hitsugaya.

    Restrictions: Reiatsu cuffs, 3/4 anti-hierro armour. Yoruichi has only ONE on her right arm.
    Note: Shunsui has shikai games working fully.

    Knowledge: Each team knows each members abilities. Basic for other cross team knowledge:
    1. Urahara is great with kido.
    2. Soifon/Yoruichi both have shunkou.
    3. Hitsugaya uses ice moves (but not know about TJ/HH).
    4. No knowledge of Urahara's, Shunsui's, Shinji's shikai but YES on Soifon's shikai.

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    Bloody hard to decide, but I think if team Urahara plays it right they can win. If Yoruichi flash-steps towards team Shinji, while Isshin and Urahara stay back to watch, then they'll discover Sakanade's abilities from a range at which they can't be hit. At which point, the can just Benihime/GT the hell out of Shinji and Hitsugaya. Soifon can be taken by Yoruichi, and assuming Shinji dodges and Hitsugaya tries to defend, then Isshin can keep Shinji dodging with GTs while Urahara beats Shunsui. At which point, numbers really count.
    Last edited by Kazu-Sama; July 10, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

    Epic Brofist!

  3. #3
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Bloody hard to decide, but I think if team Urahara plays it right they can win. If Yoruichi flash-steps towards team Shinji, while Isshin and Urahara stay back to watch, then they'll discover Sakanade's abilities from a range at which they can't be hit. At which point, the can just Benihime/GT the hell out of Shinji and Hitsugaya. Soifon can be taken by Yoruichi, and assuming Shinji dodges and Hitsugaya tries to defend, then Isshin can keep Shinji dodging with GTs while Urahara beats Shunsui. At which point, numbers really count.
    That all hinges on Team Urahara attacking Shinji first though...

    They have no knowledge on neither Shunsui's or Shinji's shikai so they have about 25% reason to attack Shinji first from a team of 4, probably less shince Hitugaya has the biggest zanpakuto form in the battle - bankai, while Shunsui has TWO shikai blades at the ready. On the other hand Team Shinji knows that his shikai is really important in the match and will do what they can to either engage/distract Team Urahara and defend Shinji.

    Shinji activating Sakanade isnt really threating at all - he could just be twirling his sword in a non-caring manner which even got the cautious Aizen under its effects. If worse comes to worse Shinji still has Mask to boost all his base stats if someone attacks him first (which is unlikely) and have him survive before his team backs hm up.

    Team Urahara has the firepower but Team Shinji has the hax to give them the victory - high difficulty.

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Wing View Post
    That all hinges on Team Urahara attacking Shinji first though...

    They have no knowledge on neither Shunsui's or Shinji's shikai so they have about 25% reason to attack Shinji first from a team of 4, probably less shince Hitugaya has the biggest zanpakuto form in the battle - bankai, while Shunsui has TWO shikai blades at the ready. On the other hand Team Shinji knows that his shikai is really important in the match and will do what they can to either engage/distract Team Urahara and defend Shinji.

    Shinji activating Sakanade isnt really threating at all - he could just be twirling his sword in a non-caring manner which even got the cautious Aizen under its effects. If worse comes to worse Shinji still has Mask to boost all his base stats if someone attacks him first (which is unlikely) and have him survive before his team backs hm up.

    Team Urahara has the firepower but Team Shinji has the hax to give them the victory - high difficulty.
    it doesn't matter who Yoru attacks first, if there's a risk of any team member being defeated in a fight with Shinji odds are he'll activate Sakanade anyway, and he has a habit of explaining what it does every time he uses it. Kinda like a boast. So Then Urahara and Isshin can wait and discover what it does - Yoruichi can at least say she smelt a sweet smell and then when Isshin and Urahara see her reacting in completely the wrong way they'll realise how it works. And Shinji may be strong, but I maintain that Isshin's GT is stronger, without Sakanade - and since he'll never be allowed to use it, as Isshin will keep Shinji at range...

    Epic Brofist!

  5. #5
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    it doesn't matter who Yoru attacks first, if there's a risk of any team member being defeated in a fight with Shinji odds are he'll activate Sakanade anyway, and he has a habit of explaining what it does every time he uses it. Kinda like a boast. So Then Urahara and Isshin can wait and discover what it does - Yoruichi can at least say she smelt a sweet smell and then when Isshin and Urahara see her reacting in completely the wrong way they'll realise how it works. And Shinji may be strong, but I maintain that Isshin's GT is stronger, without Sakanade - and since he'll never be allowed to use it, as Isshin will keep Shinji at range...
    The only reason he explained it to Aizen was becuase it was at the beginning of the match and he wanted to show Aizen his zanpakuto was not the only sensory altering zanpakuto.

    In the heat of battle, especially if his team member is going to be taken down he's not going to call for a time out - activate Sakanade, and then explain the abilities to everyone present.

    Soifon needed help, and Hitsugaya acted, she needed help again and Shunsui acted. Shinji was the last one to act against Aizen in the team combo, so he'll activate at only the most opportune time. No reason not to think Yoruichi will have her hands full against two captains without Shinji even lifting a finger to engage her.

  6. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    Both teams have equal chances,though the balance seems to incline towards Team Shinji,since Shinji can make some deadly combinations with Soifon and her Suzumebachi against Yoruichi,also Shunsui is a senior captain,I think he'll be able to hold his ground against Urahara while Hitsugaya will have problems with Isshin.Ultimately,combining Shinji's shikai with Shunsui's shikai it will be REALLY hard for Team Urahara to invert everything in your head and watch out for kageoni/takaoni/bushogoma like this : you see Shunsui striking you,you realise he is going the opposite way,you turn back and you see Shunsui down,you realize he is inverted and look up but he'll use takaoni and so on.To add to that,Soifon's Bankai has a huge damage,and she can use Shunkou too.

    Team Urahara has a lot of raw power (Isshin's GT is overkill) but Team Shinji has maneuvrability and also raw power(Soifon's Bankai).IMO Team Shinji wins though.

  7. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    I'm starting to get really eh with these mass matchups as it requires you to know who goes for who which is kinda random, but probably Team Shinji, if only because Shinji's Shikai like screws over 2/3 of Urahara's team 'at bare minimum'. Urahara 'might' be able to think his way through it, but I honestly doubt it. Worse still there's three to distract the others while Shinji prepares it.

    Isshin's Getsuuga is way too straightforward (Albiet hands down the most potent we've seen of those), Urahara's tricks lack the sheer range (or rather dual directions) necessary to compensate, and even factoring in Shunko Yoruichi's going to have issues. Plus to be perfectly frank, Team Shinji showed far better teamwork than they did, if only because their abilities meshed better in all honesty.

  8. #8
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ...
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    Very balanced teams, but the number factor might well play in favor of team Shinji. I have voted for Team Urahara mostly because of the experience, intelligence of Urahara, Isshin's little bout with Aizen, etc. However, Team Shinji has greater numbers on their side and than there is Shinji's ability, not to mention Shunsui is there too with his shikai. Experience - Team Shinji has it too. Now that I analyzed the two teams more closely, Team Shinji looks to be better.

  9. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lemonadez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    789
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    No matter what number on the other side.

    Heck Urahara have bad ass ability -.- + Kidou ability lol. he's fast when casting it.

    Strength? Isshin strength is beyond any captain of squad 13..

  10. #10
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    Maybe Ishiin alone could win.......

  11. #11
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Team Shinji vs Team Urahara

    With Team Uraharra unaware of Shunsui and Shinji's shikia's ability they lose in the prowess of Tatics as Team Shinji abilities complement each other and throws their opponents off their game. Hitsugaya & Soifon would be on the battle front and Isshin whips Hitsugaya while Soifon will put up a fight against Yourichi. Urahrra is obviously knowledgable,skilled,strong and capable character but I don't think he can take Shunsui and Shinju alone...This battle all depends on who acts first, in the end it be 75%Shusui vs 20% up Uraharra and 50% Isshin ...I honestly feel it could go both ways it's a real close math up it could go either way.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts