Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone missing Hancock? I do. A lot

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone missing Hancock? I do. A lot

Well, to our luck hancock is a character who can catch up to luffy at any point in the manga. Since she can travel the calm belt it is easy for her to move long distances quite fast to say the least. Travelling to fishman island and out should be a breeze with their poisonous sea monsters too. All she has to do is get to the new world, get to the calm belt and in less than half the time than anyone else imaginable she would get to where luffy is. It would take her at most a few weeks...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory is that other Marinefold ark was foreshadowing for the moment when all of Luffy's allies assemble under his banner for the final battle.

So the next time we see Hancock, Ivankov, Shirahoshi/Noah and Rayleigh will be then...
    Last edited by radicalbyte; January 24, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we will she her again at the "big war" which WB mentioned. It's obvious that at the time Luffy will bring all allies he made during the journey, and Hancock will definitely be one of them.

a little bit off topic,,
    I missed Bon-chan a lot more. Strawhats owe him BIG time... And I do have a feeling that we'll see him again at the war too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I started to dislike her ever since Oda turned her to a love romance idiotic character. She is baddass, but those scenes with Luffy just annoying. The Shichubukai are one of my favourite groups/organisation in the manga, at first I thought of her a great adition, but the more we learned, I started to dislike her.

Hopefully she appears not before the war WB predicted. I don't mind small scenes as for instance reading any news regarding the SHs in the newspaper or bigger scenes involving her and the WG, but nothing involving a direct event with Luffy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I am missing her, I don't think she'll come up within the next two or three years from our point of view. The reason is pretty simple: Oda already told everything important about her, and right now there hardly is something to add. She can't follow Luffy only for the sake of her love, nor is there any threat to neither her and her sisters nor to the Kuja like a danger from the revelation of the Boa sisters' secret.

And I don't think Oda would troll all the Hancock haters with "leaving Jinbe back in Fishman Island - but hey there's Hancock". But - depending from how Oda is gonna make up the fight of the Straw Hats vs. Bigmam Pirates, I can see her (and other Shichibukai) being an alternative than any Marine or other rookie or other force to be blamed for "bringing down a yonkou" instead of Luffy. As Smoker was graduated for defeating Crocodile.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

missing her? nope as long as i see robin =)

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ex-Shadow's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I will continue miss her if all I see in Sunny is Nami and Robin. But if they get another woman as nakama....

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss her. She was a fun character and Amazon Lilly was a great arc. Hopefully she will be back at some point. She is an important ally, should her and Luffy ever cross paths again.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ex-Shadow's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    She is an important ally, should her and Luffy ever cross paths again.
    Although because of that, IMO she will only come up like Vivi, a couple of pages (maybe after Luffy defeat Big Mom). If you expected Hancock to come up a couple of chapter, we'll have to wait until all "big name" (Dragon, WG, Marine, Yonkou) clash once again with SH in the center of that fight.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Shadow View Post
    Although because of that, IMO she will only come up like Vivi, a couple of pages (maybe after Luffy defeat Big Mom). If you expected Hancock to come up a couple of chapter, we'll have to wait until all "big name" (Dragon, WG, Marine, Yonkou) clash once again with SH in the center of that fight.
    I'm also sure she'll come up again in a small way; but, to be honest, that's just not enough for me.

I want her to join the crew or take on a frequently recurring role or something. She's just so fun! Her and Buggy are the two character that whenever I see their faces it just makes me want to cheer because I know whatever is about to happen is going to be great.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because she is a pirate I believe it is possible for her to have a large role at some point in the future. She does not have to be tied down to one island like Vivi does. That is not to say she will although at some point she could. Wouldn't it be great if she allies herself with Luffy again whenever the Strawhats have to face Doflamingo?

I totally agree with Jammin: Hancock and Buggy are two characters that always make me smile. Both are so much fun and have been involved in some of the best arcs of the series. I would also add Vivi to that category. Her cameo's always make my day.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2