Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Who Knew about Clare being 1/4 yoma and her past with Teresa

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who Knew about Clare being 1/4 yoma and her past with Teresa

I'm only including the manga. The anime is different since Miria told the whole party.

So far I haven't seen Clare mentioned to anyone about her being 1/4 yoma or about her past with Teresa. So who knows what about her secret in the previous generations and current generation.

Here's a list I compile so far.

Key figures in the Organization:

Romuto - YES, He's the leader of the Organization. New "research projects" like 1/4 yomas would need his approval.

Rubel - YES, Clare went to him with the offering of Teresa's head

Dae - YES, Most likely the person that made most of them in to Claymores in the first place.

Osay - YES, He was Teresa's handler

Rado - Most likely, He have access to the information. It's just a matter if he's intrested in it or not. He could of also overheard it from the other members of the Organization.

R.I.P. Claymores:

Ilena - YES, She was there when Teresa died. She also sense Teresa's aura inside of Clare.

Rafaela - Most likely, She knew Teresa and was hired by Rubel when Teresa died.

Jean - NO, She missed the part when Riful was talking about Clare's past.

Abyssal Ones:
    Isley - Maybe, but I doubt it. I don't think he knows about Clare other then what Raki told him. I don't think Priscilla is of any use on the issue ether since she lost her memory.

Riful - Most Likely, She put 2+2 togather at the first encounter with Clare. She even used the "rumor" to try get Clare to awaken.

Current Claymores:

Galatea - YES, She snoops around a lot and must of dig up something when she was sent to "rescue" Clare. She must of wonder why the Organization was so intrested in finding Clare. Also Riful hinted at something.

Miria - Most likely, She haven't said anything but she has also done a lot of digging around in the Organization. She must have wonder why the lowest rank Claymore is now one of the most powerful Claymore.

Helen - NO, They seems rather surprised when Clare told her and Deneve that she was going to abandon her humanity to kill Priscilla and that she had been wanted to do this from the start. If they knew of the bond between Clare and Teresa, they would not have ben surprised at all.

Deneve - NO, Same reason as Helen

Others:

Raki - NO, Clare never told him

Priscilla - NO, but she seems very confused about Teresa's scent inside Clare.

So far I concluded the only Claymore that's still alive that knews about Clare's "secret" was Galatea and maybe Miria. What you guys think? Maybe I left out some relevant people.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 22, 2011 at 07:02 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who Knew about Clare being 1/4 yoma and her past with Teresa

the other Trainees with Trainee Clare, knew Clare had Teresa inside of her and thus knew that Clare was 1/4 Yoma, jealously making fun of and bullying (exemplified in the the spar match) Trainee Clare, because of it.

however, 8 of the 9 of them were killed by the NY in their final test/trial, and I have my suspicions that the 1 of the 9 that Trainee Clare saved... was killed by the Organization (or Rubel), as a means of control, they don't want their Claymores to know each other, nor be friends with each other, nor know each other's abilities and such... as does seem to be the case, as most Claymores don't know anything about any other Claymore.

---------------

Unlike Priscilla, Rubel was unable to keep Clare a secret, the other BCs knew that Rubel (or whoever, Dae, if you don't want to believe Rubel implanted Clare himself, lol) implanted Clare with Teresa's "flesh and blood" (has to be Teresa's brain), however Rubel successful downplayed his "Clare Experiment", until the incident with Ophelia... However, the BCs seemed to have completely forgotten their interest in Clare... from the Pieta Battle onwards...

-------------

The Organization and/or Rubel does a very good job of censoring/redacting/covering up the past from their Claymores. Only the ranks 1-5 know about a few past events (they're privy to 'some' information), the two "Anti-Organization snoopers" (Miria and Galatea), and the ones who were of the past (Clare, Irene, Priscilla, Ophelia, and Rafeala).

Galatea knew some stuff that Miria didn't (the 3 Abyssal Ones and specifically Luciela's Era+Incident+Soul Link) and Miria knew some stuff that Galatea didn't (the Organization is actually using the island to develop controllable living weapons). And Clare and Irene know (or knew, as Irene is now deceased) stuff that neither Miriia nor Galatea knows about (Teresa's Era+Priscilla's Awakening).
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 11, 2011 at 12:45 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    the other Trainees with Trainee Clare, knew Clare had Teresa inside of her and thus knew that Clare was 1/4 Yoma, jealously making fun of and bullying (exemplified in the the spar match) Trainee Clare, because of it.

however, 8 of the 9 of them were killed by the NY in their final test/trial, and I have my suspicions that the 1 of the 9 that Trainee Clare saved... was killed by the Organization (or Rubel), as a means of control, they don't want their Claymores to know each other, nor be friends with each other, nor know each other's abilities and such... as does seem to be the case, as most Claymores don't know anything about any other Claymore.
    That's right, I forgotten all about the Trainees. I doubt the Organization would waste a perfectly good claymore on something so minor as "friendship". If the Organization didn't want claymores to befriend each other so much, Helen and Deneve would of gotten executed long time ago. In any case it won't be a Rafutela type of death. I think it's more likely that she was given a higher rank since she seemed to have more protential then Clare and got sent to a region far away from Clare's. She most likely died in one of the missions though. Clare is also the type to not want to make friends since she's so focus on her mission to kill Priscilla, so I doubt their friendship went any further after they became official Claymores and got sent away. But who knows! Maybe there is a very slim chance she's still alive and Yagi is saving her for something special.
    Last edited by Khorr; July 11, 2011 at 03:20 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    I am wondering if the last trainee that Clare saved was the one Clare mention as her friend and send her the Black Card at the beginning. Since she was the only survival, it could be that she might have became friend with Clare. Clare did mention they endure a lot of task together while training.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe7133 View Post
    I am wondering if the last trainee that Clare saved was the one Clare mention as her friend and send her the Black Card at the beginning. Since she was the only survival, it could be that she might have became friend with Clare. Clare did mention they endure a lot of task together while training.
    I don't think the trainee was the Claymore Elena you are refering to. First, the two look totally diffrent, the trainee had short hair while Elena have long hair for starters. Second Elena was a friend before Clare's final trial, they shared the same prison cell. Elena also mentioned that she started missions later then Clare but end up going the limit before her. This could be an idication that Clare was one class ahead of the Elena or were not at the same stage during their training to becoming a Claymore.

Also, once Clare and the trainee was done with their final test. They would have to endure no more training, the way they can grow their friendship anymore was in the "real world" if they ever meet again. It wasn't so much the training that caused all Claymores so much pain even though the training itself was harsh. It's the process that infuses their body with yoma that cause the most pain. Basicly cutting them open and stuffing yoma parts into their bodies, maybe some "extra" human parts were also taken out too to make room for the new yoma parts. It's the main reason why Miria want to take down the Organization, for cutting all of them open and turning them in to half monsters.

Personally I think Clare and Elena shared the same prison cell but went to diffrent training class/instructor. Maybe Elena was a defensive type and they split the training classes between offensive and defensive. Who knows.
    Last edited by Khorr; July 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a confused by the title? ~ Isn't every Claymore...part Yoma? Both the males and females = Part Yoma, right? That's how they are all able to awaken and become Yoma. Because they are all un-awakened part/hybridized Yoma to start with? So what's the deal with pointing out 1/4 yoma?

The hate for Claire is that she is the only one they known to have been made with material from a high ranking Claymore. Right? People feel like she has some unfair advantage and then get pissed that the is a low ranker, even after getting something they wish they had (at first) didn't seem to matter. The fact that they are made from part yoma? I don't know how well that is known. Bit I was sure they all knew.

I get the who knew Claire was made from Teresa, question. Just not the other part?

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Otters11 View Post
    I am a confused by the title? ~ Isn't every Claymore...part Yoma? Both the males and females = Part Yoma, right? That's how they are all able to awaken and become Yoma. Because they are all un-awakened part/hybridized Yoma to start with? So what's the deal with pointing out 1/4 yoma?

The hate for Claire is that she is the only one they known to have been made with material from a high ranking Claymore. Right? People feel like she has some unfair advantage and then get pissed that the is a low ranker, even after getting something they wish they had (at first) didn't seem to matter. The fact that they are made from part yoma? I don't know how well that is known. Bit I was sure they all knew.

I get the who knew Claire was made from Teresa, question. Just not the other part?
    Normal Claymores starts as 1/2 Human and 1/2 Yoma.

Clare starts as 1/2 Human and 1/2 Claymore, making her 3/4 Human and 1/4 Yoma.

Claymore Extra Scine 4 can explain it better then I can if you want detail explanation.
    Last edited by Khorr; July 15, 2011 at 08:44 PM.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

as korr already stated, here's some additional comments by me

here's how it would look algebraically:

Human = 4/4 Human 0/4 Yoma
    Yoma (NY and Awakened) = 4/4 Yoma 0/4 Human

Claymore (except for Clare) = Half Human Half Yoma = 2/4 Human 2/4 Yoma

Clare = 2/4 Human (herself) 2/4 Claymore (Teresa)
    Clare = 2/4 human..............(1/4 Human 1/4 Yoma)
    Clare = ...................3/4 Human..............1/4 Yoma
    Clare = 3/4 Human 1/4 Yoma

----------------------

I have a theory that Clare being 1/4 Yoma 3/4 Human actually makes her more powerful than other Claymores (2/4 Human 2/4 Yoma).

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Clare stayed rank 47 due to Rubel intentionally "downplaying" his powerful "Clare Experiment"

Also, Clare's Yoki Sensing Abilities are her own, they are NOT Teresa's, because as a Human child, Clare could already sense Yoki, *grins*, not to mention some other amazing feats by Human Clare as well.

I personally refuse to believe that Clare's greatness, is merely due to Teresa's flesh and/or Yoki in Clare, and the manga does support this too

All Claymores know they are "half Human half Yoma", they're cut open as orphaned human girls, implanted with "yoma flesh and blood", and then (when NY or Claymore flesh and blood is used) they painfully mutate in a Claymore.

Male and Female Claymores are all indeed "Half Human half Yoma", EXCEPT FOR CLARE, as Clare is 3/4 Human 1/4 Yoma.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 16, 2011 at 02:33 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

HOLY #$#$#$^%$&^!!!!!!

I posted something that took quite some time. Where id it go?

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    ????, I guess you might have had some glitch or something, and what you had written never got posted. can you give more details of what you were doing or what-if anything weird had happened ???? Also, what did you write about too ???
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 16, 2011 at 06:14 PM.

New Reply