Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: The lost substitute shinigami & the Quincy

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The lost substitute shinigami & the Quincy

Hey guys,

I just reread part of the old chapters, and I noticed something that might be of some importance in the current arc.

As you might remember, the current arc is called "Lost substitute shinigami arc".
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-58301-...apter-424.html

Which, of course, implies that there was another substitue shinigami beside Ichigo.
    So far, the story would suggest that at least Ginjou was one at some point, since he's also in the possession of a badge.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-58301-...apter-424.html

I was trying to guess where the story would go from there, but I couldn't figure it out, until I saw something from an old chapter.

I believed that the Quincy will be of high importance in this arc.

And we might even learn of their extermination.

I'm basing this one the following:

1. It seems like the badge might have a meaning to the Quincy.
    Ishida reacted weirdly when he first saw it:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-636-14...apter-182.html

2. Ishida wasn't deal the same way that the other by Kubo.
    He either was cut down (without wanting to change his memories), or he cannot be affected by Tsukishima's memory changing power and is, therefore, cut down by the sword instead.
    Either way, Ishida looks like he's the only friend Ichigo has that haven't been affected by Tsukihima's power.

3. The white glow around the sword-like thing that Isshin's holding.
    It looks a lot like a Quincy-like tool. It might be related somehow, but that might be stretching right now.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The lost substitute shinigami & the Quincy

Looks more like Tsukishima needs to cut someone out to put himself IN to people's memories. He probably tried killing Ishida so that he could take his place without Ishida causing problems in current life.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i always wondered why ishida was suspicious of the badge. people can say oh why would kubo wait so long to bring up a plot point like that again. but you guys are forgetting this is the guy that not only drew shinji on the color page of chapter one of bleach, but hinted way early what shinji's zanpaktou sakanade ability would be. like way early on when he was first introduced when he was both standing upside down and writing his name backwards on the board in ichigo's class.
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BleachOD's Avatar
    Kneeling @ My Ichigo Shrine, Thanking My Lucky Stars For The Day I Met Ichigo
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion everything points to Isshin being the Lost Shinigami
    they should have recognized Ichigo's family name "Kurosaki" but they didn't. I think he's using and alias because he's the lost Shinigami not Ginjou

If he was human and powerless for 20 years then he would be hard to find. In essence he was "lost"

edit

I think that he used FGT lost his powers and somehow he lost the badge and maybe they found it or took it and when they used it, they were able to use Isshin's techniques and that is the reason why they wanted Ichigo's badge. Afterwards he was left without powers and he changed his name to Kurosaki and became a doctor and had little Kurosaki rug -rats
    Last edited by BleachOD; August 10, 2011 at 04:34 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of think that it might be referring to Ichigo as the "lost subsitute shinigami" as in lost his powers, not lost as a missing shinigami. It kind feels like the other badge was used to trick us into thinking that there is another lost shinigami but since Ginjou seemed to be able to use fullbring on it I"d take a guess that perhaps there is no lost shinigami and the naming of the whole arc is based on Ichigo being lost because he lacks the power to protect, rather then a mysterious shinigami that use to own the badge.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BleachOD's Avatar
    Kneeling @ My Ichigo Shrine, Thanking My Lucky Stars For The Day I Met Ichigo
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    I kind of think that it might be referring to Ichigo as the "lost subsitute shinigami" as in lost his powers, not lost as a missing shinigami. It kind feels like the other badge was used to trick us into thinking that there is another lost shinigami but since Ginjou seemed to be able to use fullbring on it I"d take a guess that perhaps there is no lost shinigami and the naming of the whole arc is based on Ichigo being lost because he lacks the power to protect, rather then a mysterious shinigami that use to own the badge.
    That's quite possible but I doubt it. Ichigo isn't lost, only his powers. The Lost Shinigami implies that there is a "missing person" not missing powers. Ginjou knew about Ichigo and he mentioned Isshin when he first met Ichigo. So he has to something about Isshin and it's clear that Isshin knows something about the Fulbringers. Kubo said that Isshin's arc was next, this is it...

New Reply