Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Synopsis
    Taito has been really sleepy lately, and keeps dreaming of a particular vampire who says she has given him her "poison". Sometimes he even thinks he hallucinates her voice when he's awake. But after surviving an accident that should have killed him, Taito's world changes drastically and he realizes that his dreams are more real than he thought.

Genres: Comedy, Horror, Romance, Shounen, Vampire, Supernatural

Episode titles: We have 12

Opening Theme:
    "Once" by Hitomi Harada

Ending Theme:
    "Utsusemi" (空蟬) by Akiko Shikata

Director: Takashi Yamamoto

Series Composition: Shigeru Morita

Screenplay:
    Keiichirō Ōchi
    Kiyoko Yoshimura
    Masaharu Amiya

Japanese Staff

Spoiler show

Japanese Cast

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Episode 1

While watching this episode I couldn’t help but remember “The Legend of the Legendary Heroes”. There were various elements that greatly reminded me of TLOTLH, for instance the circles of magic and the ED song.

I have to admit that I wasn’t too fond of the fanservice we had in this ep and I could very well do without it. As for the episode itself, it wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t amazing either (well the headless body and the talking head was unexpected in a good way and added a peculiar feeling to this episode), but that cliffhanger at the end sure was fantastic and is one of the reasons why I’m definitely watching episode 2. I’m also looking forward to Fukuyama Jun’s participation in this series and since I’m talking about seiyuus, I have to say that I was delightfully surprised by Shinnosuke Tachibana’s performance. It is the first time that I watch a series with him as a seiyuu and he is amazing!!

Yes, I know Himea has a huge fanbase, but…I don’t know why, hopefully the next episodes will explain why the boys like her much. And I know the story between her and Taito is supposed to be romantic but instead of finding it romantic I found it quite forced.

Anyway, the light novel which this anime is based on is written by the same author of one of my favorite series. The author is Kagami Takaya and the series I’m referring to is “The Legend of the Legendary Heroes”, so that is the main reason why I’m going to watch episode 2 and why I gave this series a try.

---------- Post added July 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was July 11, 2011 at 09:24 PM ----------

Episode 2

If it wasn’t for Gekkou (the character) and Fukuyama Jun (the seiyuu), the only redeeming things about this episode, I would have to say that I didn’t enjoy the episode at all.

I wondered various times during this episode, “What am I watching?”

You can’t really connect with the characters because everything feels rushed and leaves you with a "huh?" feeling. The manga and the light novels are very popular and are supposed to be pretty good; unfortunately I can’t say the same about the anime adaptation. I will give this anime one more episode; however, if I don’t like the next ep, I’m dropping this series
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 11, 2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Akiko Shikata Akiko Shikata akikoakiko
    You know an anime will be awesome if akiko sings the songs for it.
    Beautiful ending song right
    AND its from the same author of Legend.
    I've been looking forward to this along with Usagi drop and the first episode didn't disappoint me.
    I know episode 2 is up(sorry that i can't discuss that with you destiny) but I'm too busy so I'm just going to write my thoughts about episode 1.
    It reminded me so much of Legend too, I mean, the same voice actor (I was guessing but you confirmed it) the same kind of attitude, endlessly sleeping
    Also, the guy that gives off shion vibes.
    But all the awesomeness comes with the ecchi and fanservice I don't really like the panties flashing..I mean using nudity for Himea as some kind of symbol is okay but the pantsu..uh, I don't like that.
    Like you, the ending cliffhanger shocked me and I never thought those two will be enemies from the start of the story.
    I wonder if its magic or what that they are using in the world but since Himea mentioned "Black Magic" then I'm certain. So it's kind of like toaru no majutsu no index that takes place in a magic-science world except that magic plays a much vital role here.
    I wonder about the relationships.. I mean, how will haruka feels, but its too early to go in there anyway.
    Pretty sure that this is or might be an emotional anime due to the last line taito said at the end.

The 1st episode made me care about the characters, something I don't usually do.

---------- Post added July 20, 2011 at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was July 19, 2011 at 04:22 AM ----------

Just watched episode 2, enjoyed the ending song and opening.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Episode 2

If it wasn’t for Gekkou (the character) and Fukuyama Jun (the seiyuu), the only redeeming things about this episode, I would have to say that I didn’t enjoy the episode at all.

I wondered various times during this episode, “What am I watching?”

You can’t really connect with the characters because everything feels rushed and leaves you with a "huh?" feeling.
    Yeah it felt weird..for me the first episode was good..the second.. uh, it was too rushed and I didn't get some parts, it wasn't too practical and didn't felt real either.
    Having someone that strong die so early was too weird for my taste.
    Quote Quote:
    The manga and the light novels are very popular and are supposed to be pretty good; unfortunately I can’t say the same about the anime adaptation. I will give this anime one more episode; however, if I don’t like the next ep, I’m dropping this series
    I'm going to give it more episodes tho as I think it deserves it but if it gets too shounen or cliche, I'll drop it. I'm pretty sure there's a reason why the manga and light novels are very popular, I didn't really like LOL heroes when it first started either but got hooked up on it when Shion and Ryner joined hands (the flashbacks) so I hope for the same with Itsuka Tenma.

By the way, Hinata voice is fukuyama and taito is a different guy so i mixed them up. Not sure about gekkou but I think his voice is the same as tomoya from clannad.
    Gekkou and Taito on student council reminds me of the setting in LOL heroes too.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Quote Quote:
    Having someone that strong die so early was too weird for my taste.
    I haven’t read/checked the spoilers from the light novels, but I’m pretty sure Hinata is alive and well. We haven’t seen the last of him yet.

Quote Quote:
    Not sure about gekkou but I think his voice is the same as tomoya from clannad.
    Yes, Gekkou’s seiyuu is the same Tomoya has in Clannad. One thing that is undeniable about this series is that the three main boys of the story have amazing seiyuu.

---------- Post added July 23, 2011 at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was July 21, 2011 at 08:44 PM ----------

Episode 3

This episode was slightly better than the previous ones.

- The Haruka x Taito x Himea relationship reminds me quite a bit of the Kaede x Rin x Nerine/Lisianthus from Shuffle. Just like it happened with Kaede, Haruka- who has been in love with the male lead for a while- has to face the arrival of a new love rival. I feel bad for poor Haruka , plus I do like the Taito x Haruka pairing.

- I can’t deny that I like the way in which Gekkou awakens the powers inside Mirai.

- So I guess Taito didn’t die for real last episode because Himea…renewed the curse she had placed on him…

- Gekkou’s flashback was really sad and wow, Hinata is one crazy and evil character. And I knew he hadn’t died last episode.

- Gekkou’s flashback and Mirai’s cuteness (the new ed was so cute) are stopping me from dropping this series and are the reasons why I’m going to watch the next episode.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 23, 2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

New Reply