Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 53, 54 and 55 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 53, 54 and 55 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 53 - Translation
    Chapter 54 - Translation
    Chapter 55 - Translation
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 26, 2011 at 12:40 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 53, 54 and 55 Discussion/Predictions

Well, to start the discussion, these chapters are like a "preview" of a lot of interesting matches. I also want to know who are the new dudes that were added to the top 10 (the three new) and if the black hooded guy is Ryoga (there is a high chance). I was expecting to Niou and Oishi to have synchro and Niou transforming into Kikumaru, and as for Kabaji copying his oponents shots. I hope Kawamura shows how much he has improved, he can't rely and leave all the hard work to Kabaji.

I can't believe Kenya and Renji know their opponents (Hara/Taira and Akuto), that was totally unexpected. As for Kintarou, what a weird form of starting a match (hitting their heads, wtf), and that serve from Kintarou is like Yama Arashi applied on a serve.
    I'm interested on how middle schoolers are gonna face the first part of 1st stringers (No. 20 to No.11).

Maybe next month we can see some of the matches and maybe Ryoma or Sanada playing (of course, those two are going to definitely beat two of the top 10).

Finally, thanks Chaos for the translations.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Well, to start the discussion, these chapters are like a "preview" of a lot of interesting matches. I also want to know who are the new dudes that were added to the top 10 (the three new) and if the black hooded guy is Ryoga (there is a high chance). I was expecting to Niou and Oishi to have synchro and Niou transforming into Kikumaru, and as for Kabaji copying his oponents shots. I hope Kawamura shows how much he has improved, he can't rely and leave all the hard work to Kabaji.
    I wonder whether Synchro will be enough for Oishi and Niou to beat the Mutsu Twins. I'm positive that their bases are higher than Washio's and Suzuki's by now, so they should be doing better in a Synchro battle. On the other hand, it probably won't be that easy.

I can't believe Kenya and Renji know their opponents (Hara/Taira and Akuto), that was totally unexpected. As for Kintarou, what a weird form of starting a match (hitting their heads, wtf), and that serve from Kintarou is like Yama Arashi applied on a serve.
    I'm interested on how middle schoolers are gonna face the first part of 1st stringers (No. 20 to No.11).
    Akuto vs Renji seems to be a Data battle, which is something I'm really looking forward to. I definately see him, Irie and Yukimura winning their matches as well, not sure about the others.

Overall, I think it's good that we get to see some more high schoolers that are known by the middle schoolers, hopefully, there will be at least a few more (e.g. Rikkai should have some high schooler in the camp somewhere, at least Yukimura should be known by the 1st and 2nd Yeah High Schoolers).

Maybe next month we can see some of the matches and maybe Ryoma or Sanada playing (of course, those two are going to definitely beat two of the top 10).
    Seeing as we have 6 matches set up, I guess there's a good chance that some of them are shown in greater detail next month. I don't think the top 10 matches will start before the No. 11-20 matches are finished though.

Finally, thanks Sai for the translations.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chiyuuka's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Maybe next month we can see some of the matches and maybe Ryoma or Sanada playing (of course, those two are going to definitely beat two of the top 10)
    I agree with Chaos that next month only some of the matches will shown in detail, but i hope that by detail, they mean more than the Yukimura vs the no.11 guy's match. Honestly, i was so confused there.

but im not sure whether or not it can be said that Sanada can win his match. it is probable but we'll have to see.

Also, does anyone else think that it would ruin the manga if Ryoma face Ryoga(or so i think) now? It would be more interesting to see him beat one of the lower 1st stringers and gain some recognition and attention, and have Ryoga 'measure him up' before having a match later.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada has improved a great deal, his black aura was able to supress yukimura's yips and destroy the fence. Now that he can control it, for me it's unstopabble by now. Agreed, Ryoma and Sanada will have tough matches, but they can perfectly overcome their opponents and win their matches.

As for Ryoma, maybe he faces ryoga, but I'm convinced that he will face no.2 (Shuuji), I have a feeling that a great match between those two will start in the future chapters, maybe Ryoma is able to win (he is the main character, if he loses again, that would suck).
    Last edited by LetalHawk; July 17, 2011 at 05:58 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the name Mutsu. But anyway if they're anything we've seen they probably have strong techniques too seeing they knocked out Washio who had to be revived DX

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    I don't like the name Mutsu. But anyway if they're anything we've seen they probably have strong techniques too seeing they knocked out Washio who had to be revived DX
    Sure, they're 1st stringers, so they have mad skills, but I'm still convinced that oishi and niou can defeat them, it will be hard, but in the end, they will win

---------- Post added July 22, 2011 at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was July 17, 2011 at 04:59 PM ----------

Do you guys think that Kaidoh is going to play against one of the top 10 1st stringers?. I want to see how much has he evolved

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada has to win after his humillation VS Yukimira
    Same goes to Niou, two loses in a row (Fuji and The Gentleman), he needs a victory and he needs it now. And he is pretty popular, and Konomi always works for his fans.
    Kintaroh has to win, too. He was defeated by Oni and Yukimira

Not so sure about Kenya-Momo and Kawamura-Kabaji. 4 characters with not many charm
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, Momo and Kenya, Momo because he was crushed by Oni, so maybe he has beastly improved. Kenya and Momo winning would be a great way to show how powerful they are now. Kawamura, in the other way, was defeated by akutsu and pwned by Gin, I also think him and Kabaji need to win. For me, everybody of the losers and Irie need to win.

About Yukimura, he may have stolen Fuwa's senses, but maybe he gets them back or overcomes Yips, but given that Yuki also lost to Ryoma, it wouldn't be bad if he also wins. In fact, from No.20 to No.11, if they all lose, everybody of the top 10 1st stringers would be amazed. It's just that it would be cool with all of them winning

New Reply