Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Day/Night Rikuo

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jacke12's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Day/Night Rikuo

Something was Bugging me till now in the beginning of the manga Rikou was separated on Day and Night Rikou but with progressing of the manga it looks like the 2 of them are becoming one and there isn't anymore Day or Night Rikou what do you think about it because i am little confused about this.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nayrael's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Day/Night Rikou

He became just one person long, long ago IMO. I'd say before the Gyuuki arc ended.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mysterious_Kaitou's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Day/Night Rikou

Hmm, I see day!Rikuo and night!Rikuo as two distinct personalities in a symbiotic relationship, and that's not because of my selfcest goggles. The data book (released same day as Volume 10 aka way after the Gyuuki arc) separates their profiles and even states what the two of them think of each other (day!Rikuo fearing but admiring night!Rikuo and night!Rikuo doesn't seem to care about day!Rikuo). In short, there is a Split Personality going on here.

I think that the two of them are more accepting of each other and maybe becoming more similar as the plot goes on. I really want to see more panels of day!Rikuo and night!Rikuo in their inner world... *is obviously shipping them too much and sad that this ship doesn't get much love*

BEST PANTY & STOCKING PARODY EVER

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Day/Night Rikuo

I agree that the two of them are two distinct personalities, with day!Rikuo obviously being the more "dominant" of the two. Night!Rikuo can only manifest himself when day!Rikuo "allows" it or when he snaps such that whatever it was keeping night!Rikuo back is removed and night!Rikuo is manifested.

While they are two distinct personalities/consciences, they are still one and the same person. Rikuo is thus able to change back and forth between the two personalities, and even in the night form his ideals of wanting to protect his friends, the knowledge that those people are his friends, is still there.

And don't worry Kaitou you're not alone in wanting to see more of day and night Rikuo in their inner world

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mysterious_Kaitou's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Day/Night Rikuo

Yeah, I definitely agree that night!Rikuo can only appear when his 'limiters' such as daylight are removed or emotions may act as a trigger as day!Rikuo seem to be able to control his transformation especially in recent chapters.

It's like the two of them are one but are separate. Both of them treasure their friends and comrades, whether they are human or youkai. Actually my headcanon states that night!Rikuo cares slightly for day!Rikuo despite seeming not to care *A*

*high fives* Inner world chapters are always win~

BEST PANTY & STOCKING PARODY EVER

New Reply