Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Where Claymore's Skills Are Born??

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Where Claymore's Skills Are Born??

I was thinking about this thing. If all the warriors receive the same training and if the mutation is implanting Yoma flesh in all, from where did their different abilities?

I refer to important skills like the lightning sword of Irene , the wind-cutter of flora, the mirage of Miria.

What allows them to develop these unique skills during their training? In your opinion is a factor of their interior strenght? Or the MIB used a different flash and yoma's blood for any claymore's born?
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 22, 2011 at 07:01 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where Claymore's Skills Are Born??

Well I personally think skills are due to training & not necessarily based on what Yoma flesh they take in. Irene trained Clare in Quick Sword; Clare mastered Flora's Wind Cutter during her 7 years of training; Helen mastered Jean's Drill Sword & brought it to a level far beyond that of the original user. So you see skills can be learned & strength/speed can be increased with proper training & determination.

PS: In regards to natural ability (strength, speed, yoku perception granted upon creation & not due to training) may be the result of different Yoma Flesh & or methods of creating Claymore.

Edit: Thought I'd just add that there are also those instances with Clare where she gained abilities from foreign flesh. She only gained full mastery over Quick Sword once Irene gave up her arm (Note she did however already grasp the concept of it before hand & was able to use it for a short period of time). Clare also seems to have gained Teresa's yoku prediction ability because of her DnA.
    Last edited by Vengeance; July 16, 2011 at 03:08 PM.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My speculative theory

Mysteriously Human and Yoma are quite compatible with each other. Yoma seek out the most compatible Humans, able to smell that compatibility, "Raki smells delicious". Clare was targetted twice by Yomas, the second time, she wasn't eaten but kept as a pet. Teresa herself took an interest in Clare. Clare, Isley, and Priscilla took an interest in Raki. The compatibility of certain Humans and Yomas beckon to each other.

BCs use Yomas to find their new Claymore recruits, the Yomas kill the families, the BCs have a Claymore kill off the Yoma as it has served its purpose, and the BCs take the Yoma selected special orphaned human girls to become their new Claymores.

These Yoma selected humans are special, and make successful Claymores.

Miata as a Human had above average 5 senses, which were further enhanced upon becoming a Claymore.

Clare as a Human could Sense Yoki and even was able to follow the inhuman speeds of Teresa, Priscilla, Irene, Sophia, and Noel. Also, Clare had an indestructible body, extreme intelligence, and an uncanny penetrating perception.

All the Claymores were special humans, which the Yomas could sense, having abnormal/inhuman/superhuman abilities and high compatibilities with the Yoma.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where does it mention that Clare as a human could sense Yoki?

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    Where does it mention that Clare as a human could sense Yoki?
    ch 99 pages 18 and 20-23

flat out tells us so: ch 99 page 18
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 16, 2011 at 08:17 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    ch 99 pages 18 and 20-23

flat out tells us so: ch 99 page 18
    No it doesn't.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mei Terumi View Post
    I was thinking about this thing. If all the warriors receive the same training and if the mutation is implanting Yoma flesh in all, from where did their different abilities?

I refer to important skills like the lightning sword of Irene , the wind-cutter of flora, the mirage of Miria.

What allows them to develop these unique skills during their training? In your opinion is a factor of their interior strenght? Or the MIB used a different flash and yoma's blood for any claymore's born?
    Dude... It happened again. I posted a question to Mei Terumi about the missing post, asking if she had read or scene it, and if that was what inspired her to create this thread. That post is now missing too?

Please let me know, was there was a post that inspired you to start this thread?

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Please let me know, was there was a post that inspired you to start this thread?
    This thread has been inspired by the scene that involved the seven ghosts, galatea, miata and clarice against Agatha.

Miata skills have made me think about this question. In one scene, when Clarice was brought by miata, one of the MIB said it was the number 1 candidate.

How did you know?

From that point on I thought to create a claymore, different methods were used,

but where?

Different flash and yoma blood??

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    No it doesn't.
    It's there, the chapter is correct but if you read manga from online like I do. The page number is diffrent from site to site because the host tends to stuff advertisements inbetween pages. HegemonKhan's Page 18 is really Page 16 on the site I visit, and page 17 on another site. I'll just narrate for everyone though.

(Page starts off with Clare waiting for The Destroyer to stop shooting spikes)

"What is it? The strange Yoki I felt for a moment earlier"
    "Of such extent that I can feel it even within the enormous youki of rafaela and Luciela"
    "Do I know it?"

"But where?"
    "Where did I get to know a youki of such extent...?"

"I see, it was once..."
    "When I was still human, it was etched into that young body"

I do question the translation however.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

The origin of Claymore powers seems to be a fusion of their bodies with those of the Yoki . Now the origin of the yoki seems to be a already existing horde of people(??) / monsters (??) who are fighting with humans for something not yet specified . Not being able to counter , Yoki were experimented on and some sadist [probably the doctor with half a face] came up with the idea to fuse it to a human .

Then what do u know , Claymore [the people , not the sword] are born .

On the other hand I suspect the claymore swords to be made of some highly advanced material which is either human made or maybe the reasearch for the metal will be shown as the cause of the war [yoki became fearful of human possessing items that can kill them or something and fearing a war decided to take the first step or something .]

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khorr View Post
    It's there, the chapter is correct but if you read manga from online like I do. The page number is diffrent from site to site because the host tends to stuff advertisements inbetween pages. HegemonKhan's Page 18 is really Page 16 on the site I visit, and page 17 on another site. I'll just narrate for everyone though.

(Page starts off with Clare waiting for The Destroyer to stop shooting spikes)

"What is it? The strange Yoki I felt for a moment earlier"
    "Of such extent that I can feel it even within the enormous youki of rafaela and Luciela"
    "Do I know it?"

"But where?"
    "Where did I get to know a youki of such extent...?"

"I see, it was once..."
    "When I was still human, it was etched into that young body"

I do question the translation however.
    I read the full chapter in question & in no way does it say that human Clare could sense Yoki. If anything the Yoki was etched into her body as a human & she picked it up subtly once she became a Claymore. A scent that lasted within her subconscious for years. Just like Priscillia was able to smell/sense Claire/Teresa on Raki.

In order to say that human Clare could sense Yoki you'd need an actual example. Like say human Clare actually reacting to a Yoki aura before that person was visible. Since there is no example human Clare could not sense Yoki.

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Khorr and HK refer to chapter 99 (Craving Flesh and Blood). Clare senses Priscilla's presence amidst the shower of Destroyer projectiles. The wording does imply that Clare sensed Priscilla's youki when she was a child (the time when Teresa died). In spite of the language used in the manga, I remain unconvinced that she could sense Priscilla's youki. Humans have never shown the ability to do so. Perhaps, this is a choice of wording in the translation.

She does admit in another chapter having an overwhelming sense of fear that paralyzed her at the time. She may have associated that fear with something intangible to Priscilla. Perhaps Priscilla radiated so much youki at the time of her awakening that Clare could actually perceive it, without actually knowing of the youki release process. Priscilla did awake immediately after killing Teresa.

While we can't rule it out based on the language, it certainly is a possibility, albeit small.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a trait they had in human life is enhanced to the point of it becoming an ability if they are compatible enough with the yoma flesh to become powerful.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Compare it to real life.
    There are those who particularly stand out when it comes to their certain demographic.
    Like sports for instance, one person may have the qualifications above that of all the rest.

It really boils down to experience and natural ability that they've grown up to have.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner OpheliasRazor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If someone is a gymnast before they become a claymore, after they'll become flexible. (Helen)
    If someone is a psychopath before they become a claymore, they'll become ophelia. ( lol )

New Reply