Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madara

70 42.94%
  • Itachi

93 57.06%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Madara vs Itachi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madara vs Itachi

Madara likely can't beat Tsukuyomi. I explained why in my above post.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Madara likely can't beat Tsukuyomi. I explained why in my above post.
    What Zetsu states is irrelevant. Itachi himself stated that all you need is sharingan + mastery of that + uchiha blood to get out of it. Madara has those so he is getting out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

tobi wins. itachi has only susonoo to protect him from getting warped and as soon as thats gone he is srcewed. tobi just has to play wacka mole till itachi runs out of gas.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    What Zetsu states is irrelevant. Itachi himself stated that all you need is sharingan + mastery of that + uchiha blood to get out of it. Madara has those so he is getting out.
    he said only a sharingan user with the same blood as him can break out of it, not that all that's needed.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know, Tobi had the best chances to kill Itachi but didn't for few reasons. He was using Itachi to mold Sasuke into an evil, vengeful man. Tobi most likely wanted Sasuke for a long time, especially before JIraiya vs. Pain or real Itachi vs. Sasuke. By letting Itachi die by Sasuke's hand, Tobi awoke the chance for Sasuke to unlock Mangekyo and make it impossible for Itachi to stop Sasuke in any shape or form.

One reason why Tobi may have been scared of Itachi was because Itachi had information. No one but Itachi and few Akatsuki knew Tobi was really Madara, and as Tobi himself said, he was being cautious until he sent Sasuke to the Summit. It doesn't necessarily mean Tobi was scared of Itachi's power, he could have been scared of Itachi's knowledge as well. Despite what Tsunade says, Tobi is not immortal, and if secrets leaked out then Akatsuki would have had a hard time moving and Tobi's secrets may have been uncovered. Maybe Itachi was powerful and could have taken on Tobi or tie with him, but it can also be due to knowledge Itachi had on Tobi.

Also, why would Itachi leave Tobi alone for Sasuke to kill? Itachi was dying, so whether or not he killed Tobi had no effect apart from possibly rob Sasuke his chance at revenge and better image. Itachi knew the power Tobi had, how he could bend people to his will and the power his eyes still possessed, there is no way Itachi would have risked Sasuke meeting Tobi if he could. I mean, Itachi even implanted an Amaterasu in Sasuke to make sure Tobi never tells Sasuke the truth. If Itachi could have taken Tobi on, he would have while keeping himself as Sasuke's last opponent.

As far as I can see, Itachi would either tie with Tobi or lose to him, there hasn't been any evidence to show he'd beat Tobi although Itachi is the toughest and awesomest motherfucker ever (counting even Minato, Nagato, Kakashi, and Jiraiya). It took Minato Hiraishin to even hurt Tobi, and even then Tobi walked away. Konan needed prep time and tons of explosion, but Tobi escaped that, albeit with his Izanagi. Itachi probably wouldn't know about Izanagi since Tobi would have no need to use it in front of him.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

he said only a sharingan user with the same blood as him can break out of it, not that all that's needed.
    He responded to Kakashi who had the sharingan but was missing the blood. Also skill would be a defenet need but Madara has that. He even hat MS genjutsu himself once. So he knows perfecly well what he is dealing with.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member scandalous''s Avatar
    Country
    Suriname
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a difficult one this one. If the two don't know each other, madara doesn't know about itachi's genjutsu skill, nor the fact that he has the mangekyou. On the other hand, itachi will probably figure out pretty soon in the fight that madara has his intangibillity and his teleport + sucking abillity, just like minato did. If itachi is smart enough and goes in with a clone to figure out abillities like kakashi does. He has a good chance of winning if his chakra allows it.

But in my eyes this match is probably a stalemate. I mean, I don't see madara having the power to kill itachi, (other than the sucking ability) which I doubt he can catch itachi with. On the other hand, I'm not really sure if itachi can figure out the timelimit on madara's intangibility jutsu. If he figures it out and has the chakra to deal with it, he obviously wins imo.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scandalous' View Post
    It's a difficult one this one. If the two don't know each other, madara doesn't know about itachi's genjutsu skill, nor the fact that he has the mangekyou. On the other hand, itachi will probably figure out pretty soon in the fight that madara has his intangibillity and his teleport + sucking abillity, just like minato did. If itachi is smart enough and goes in with a clone to figure out abillities like kakashi does. He has a good chance of winning if his chakra allows it.

But the way I'm seeing it, is that this match is a stalemate. I mean, I don't see madara having the power to kill itachi, (other than the sucking ability) which I doubt he can catch itachi with. On the other hand, I'm not really sure if itachi can figure out the timlimit on madara's intangibility jutsu. If he figures it out and has the chakra to deal with it, he obviously wins imo.
    Minato found out about the warping only after he almost got warped. Itachi does not have ST so if it get's there is over for Itachi. Also if Minato was unable to figure the time limit and Konan needed years of observing Madara do it am sure Itachi can't.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

He responded to Kakashi who had the sharingan but was missing the blood. Also skill would be a defenet need but Madara has that. He even hat MS genjutsu himself once. So he knows perfecly well what he is dealing with.
    Madara has skill, but does he have more than Itachi? Even if he does it wouldn't matter if Madara is just using a 3 tomoe sharingan.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara has skill, but does he have more than Itachi? Even if he does it wouldn't matter if Madara is just using a 3 tomoe sharingan.
    He does not need to have more skill then Itachi as Sasuke defenetly does not have (with evidence lol). Madara also only needs the normal sharingan to brake out as Sasuke proved.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member scandalous''s Avatar
    Country
    Suriname
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato found out about the warping only after he almost got warped. Itachi does not have ST so if it get's there is over for Itachi. Also if Minato was unable to figure the time limit and Konan needed years of observing Madara do it am sure Itachi can't.
    Fair point. At the same time. itachi is no fool. From what I've seen in his battle against kakashi, is that he is likely to use clones as well, seeing he didn't know what kakashi would dish out at him. At the same time, if madara warps a clone, if would be obvious for itachi that madara has the ability. The thing that itachi will figure out pretty fast is the need for madara to physically touch him, info he could gather from the clone. Danzo's men figured that out almost instantly, itachi will too.

We'd probably never see minato use clones, since they have no use to him in terms of guaranteeing his survival. Pretty much nothing can touch him, so he can't die from a physical attack this doesn't go for the rest of the shinobi other than naruto and raikage. The only ones that can touch them at their fastest is minato. Minato can always test your abillities with the use of hiraishin.
    Last edited by scandalous'; July 17, 2011 at 07:11 PM.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

He does not need to have more skill then Itachi as Sasuke defenetly does not have (with evidence lol). Madara also only needs the normal sharingan to brake out as Sasuke proved.
    that's assuming Itachi didn't let Sasuke break out of Tsukuyomi. It wouldn't make sense if Madara with a sharingan far inferior to the MS, and with less skill could beat Itachi's Tsukuyomi.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scandalous' View Post
    Fair point. At the same time. itachi is no fool. From what I've seen in his battle against kakashi, is that he is likely to use clones as well, seeing he didn't know what kakashi would dish out at him. At the same time, if madara warps a clone, if would be obvious for itachi that madara has the ability. The thing that itachi will figure out pretty fast is the need for madara to physically touch him, info he could gather from the clone. Danzo's men figured that out almost instantly, itachi will too.

We'd probably never see minato use clones, since they have no use to him in terms of guaranteeing his survival. Pretty much nothing can touch him, so he can't die from a physical attack. He can always test your abillities with the use of hiraishin.
    It would be hard to full Madara with clones(but a good tactic). But it could be done. Now personaly i don't give Itachi to much of a chanse to do that:P

that's assuming Itachi didn't let Sasuke break out of Tsukuyomi. It wouldn't make sense if Madara with a sharingan far inferior to the MS, and with less skill could beat Itachi's Tsukuyomi.
    It could be but i don't belive so. The panels showed the MS genjutsu braking. Now the thing is you don't need Itachi's skill in genjutsu to brake it as braking it and casting it is not the same thing. Now considering Itachi never stated you need MS to brake it and just a sharingan and Uchiha blood... I tend to belive that was a true thing.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO Madara's 3 tomoe sharingans power and his skill at breaking genjutsu with his 3 tomoe sharingan would both have to exceed Itachi's skill at creating genjutsu and his power.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO Madara's 3 tomoe sharingans power and his skill at breaking genjutsu with his 3 tomoe sharingan would both have to exceed Itachi's skill at creating genjutsu and his power.
    Again Sasuke was able to brake it and he never showed any skill even close to Itachi. Madara chakra is also above Itachi so there you go for the power. As for the eyes themself i am sure he has top level eyes as he has a entire colection of them.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast