Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madara

    70 42.94%
  • Itachi

    93 57.06%
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 235

Thread: Madara vs Itachi

  1. #76
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    I don't have time to reply to all of your post right now, but I couldn't keep away from replying to one part. Are you really saying that Itachi's speed and reflexes = A & Minato? Come on get real. Itachi might have dodged some pretty neat attacks, had some awesome moves and have a 5 in speed, but the guy is not at that level. You have absolutely no proof that he is capable of such speed and reflex feats. That's pure assumption. No one in the manga have ever put Itachi in their boat. No one ever said "A has speed and reflexes equal to the Fourth Hokage and Uchiha Itachi", it was always Minato and A. Itachi is not in their company. He's deadly fast but they are in a league of their own.
    While it basically is an assumption, its an assumption with some evidence behind it. We know for a fact that Sasuke speed and reflexes are roughly equal to Ee using his first version Lightning Cloak. We were also told by Shi that normally Ee and Minato have comparable reflexes and with his Lightning Cloak, Ee's were greater. We also know that Itachi's movements weren't at their best during his fight with Sasuke, yet he was still able to keep about even with a healthy Sasuke. So comparably, a Itachi with dulled movements can be said to be even with Ee using his first version Lightning Cloak, and thus Itachi moving normally should be faster and thus his speed should be similar.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Again Madara would have no problem to kill Itachi if he realy wanted to. The only thing holding him back was the deal and the fact that Itachi was usefull to him. Also he jumped at the ocasion to attack Konoha then as it was the right time to do it.
    Madara jumped at the occasion because Itachi was dead. He specifically says that the reason. With that and his admission that Itachi possessed the ability to kill him, Madara clearly didn't believe he could just kill Itachi whenever he wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Minato found out about the warping only after he almost got warped. Itachi does not have ST so if it get's there is over for Itachi. Also if Minato was unable to figure the time limit and Konan needed years of observing Madara do it am sure Itachi can't.
    Itachi wouldn't need a space/time technique to escape. he can do like Konan did and launch a technique like Amaterasu or an exploding clone when Madara does it. Why would Itachi need to figure out the time limit? Simply keeping the pressure on him would do just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by kelv015 View Post
    The fact that Madara is still alive is proof enough (for me anyways) that Itachi could not kill Madara. First of all, outside of Nagato & Konan NO ONE ELSE in Akatsuki knew of Madara's existence. So Itachi could've very easily killed Madara off, if he had the capabilities to do so that is. But he couldn't, that's why he waited until he was dead to give it a shot and try to capture a Madara with his guard down....but he failed, cause Madara had a secret (Izanagi maybe?). Regardless, point is Itachi cannot kill Madara. But Madara just needs to warp Itachi, still, that will be pretty hard. Would Madara be able to teleport and Susanoo covered Itachi? Itachi has pretty fast handseals, for all Madara knows he could be transporting a Kage Bunshin that would blow up in his other dimension leaving Madara wounded. But in the end, I see Madara's Izanagi giving him the upper hand and the victory.
    Madara himself stated that Itachi could have killed him with the right info. So even Madara believed that Itachi could have killed him. The only issue is exactly what info would have been needed. Presuming that it's Izanagi, figuring that out would not be much trouble for Itachi. If Sasuke could figure it out with no info, Itachi could easily do the same.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #77
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Qaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    sasuke was able to kill danzo even though he used izanagi several times, so i don't think it would be hard for itachi to beat madara. but again we know that madara is way stronger than danzo but itachi is also way stronger than sasuke, copared to each others susanoo, tsukyomi and ameterasu.

  4. #78
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    The problem is, Danzou wasn't going in for the kill or couldn't whenever he used Izanagi. When Tobi used Izanagi, he went right in for the kill. This is the problem Itachi faces: Tobi will go or try to go for the kill after using Izanagi, although it's debatable how he goes about this without weaponry.

    Itachi can't use exploding bunshin either until he's sure Tobi won't be able to dodge otherwise Tobi will realize it's a bunshin that can explode and go intangible. Having a Sharingan, Tobi is more likely to get out of Itachi's genjutsu, and we have seen Tobi isn't averse to masochism to get his way.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #79
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    And also take note that Madara's Izanagi isnt the same as Danzo's...

    Danzo had 10 Sharingan and Madara claimed that somehow, Danzo and Oro were able to make the jutsu last longer, each eyes lasting 1 minute.

    Danzo could activate the jutsu and have it up for 10 minutes making him completly invincible for that amount of time, while Madara needs to activate the jutsu the moment he is in trouble, his Izanagi is a one time saver and he needs to activate it before it's too late.

    Madara will only resort to Izanagi if his phasing ability cannot save him, so in all honesty, unless it was some kind of Amaterasu hitting him and sticking with him, i'd find it hard that Madara would activate Izanagi enough to tank something he cannot activate his phasing ability fast enough to avoid.

    Izanagi was only very usefull against Konan as he knew that for a set amount of time, he wouldnt be able to do anything but fall between the ocean walls, he knew he had to activate Izanagi and he had the time to do so and fool Konan.

    Attempting to teleport what would turn out to be an exploding bunshin as Itachi likes to use his bunshins a lot in the start of a fight would proove to be fatal to Madara.

    He wouldnt have the time to activate Izanagi and likely wouldnt have the time to react at all as there is no seals written on paper like he was able to witness his eyes prior to explosion, and yet he was greatly wounded, an exploding bunshin would only do at the very least more damage than that as he won't be able to anticipate it.

    Either way i'm giving this to Itachi, he has to reflexes speed to react to the jutsu, if needed, he can use Susano to protect himself against it, and above all, his uses of bunshin is so fast that people can,t simply keep track of it, teleporting a bunshin is a no no for Madara, and given they don't know each other's ability, it's fair to say Itachi, just like he did against kakashi and co. will jump in with a bunshin.


    As for the Madara and Itachi debate about how Madara never made moves against the leaf and so on, i don't think we can judge what exactly comes from this.

    We know Madara and Itachi made a deal
    We know Madara was glad Itachi had died and now could go on to destroy the leaf
    We know Madara had plans for Sasuke after Itachi's death.

    Was Madara scared of Itachi?

    Who knows, but we know he was always amazed by Itachi which says a lot, and he said that had he not kept his 'secret' from Itachi's eyes, he would be dead today.

    Which means Itachi has the power to defeat Madara, and we know what his secret is, if Itachi witnesses Madara's warping ability at least once without getting killed, which he can, the tide is gonna turn in his favor.

    Any debate regarding Madara (tobi) fighting can be a pain, as the man itself is made of a total of three things, a Sharingan, a phasing ability and a time-space ninjutsu. He is a tricky SOB, but i see Itachi taking him down nonetheless, Itachi isnt only a one trick poney, he is versatile and pretty much is flawless while Madara is a hit or miss, and if he misses here, he'll end up in his deathbed.


    Anyways, i don,t see this fight being a genjutsu battle, Itachi may attempt it, but i see Madara being able to overcome his genjutsu, he may suffer damage or may even loose due to genjutsu, but as much as i like Itachi,s genjutsu prowess, i doubt the fight will end with this.

    What will matter the most is Itachi's speed and especially his handseal speed which we know is so fast that a Sharingan can't keep with.

    Itachi's intelligence isnt to question either, he has the tools to defeat Madara.
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; July 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM.

    My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    .
    -

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #80
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rell250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kumo Village
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryokahn View Post
    The problem with that logic is, Madara basically admitted that Itachi's presence forced him to hold his plans back, meaning Madara was fearful of Itachi to at least some extent. With that in mind, would Madara just not have killed Itachi if it was within his power to do so?
    Why would he kill Itachi after all of the Akatsuki work Itachi's done over the years. Itachi captured Jinchurriki for Madara. Itachi was under Madara's will. Tobi was afraid of his power yes but also Itachi had alot of information about things. I wonder if Madara really trained Itachi as well. When Itachi was fighting Sasuke he said Madara trained him. Anyways thats all lol
    Naruto's finale will be EPIC , Nvm Naruto series has a long way to go

  9. #81
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    While it basically is an assumption, its an assumption with some evidence behind it. We know for a fact that Sasuke speed and reflexes are roughly equal to Ee using his first version Lightning Cloak. We were also told by Shi that normally Ee and Minato have comparable reflexes and with his Lightning Cloak, Ee's were greater. We also know that Itachi's movements weren't at their best during his fight with Sasuke, yet he was still able to keep about even with a healthy Sasuke. So comparably, a Itachi with dulled movements can be said to be even with Ee using his first version Lightning Cloak, and thus Itachi moving normally should be faster and thus his speed should be similar.
    Sasuke is fast but he is no where close to the speed Ee is. He could react to his speed and predict his attacks thanks to his Sharingan. The only reason he was surviving that onslaught was thanks to Susano'o which saved him at least twice that I can remember. If Sasuke was both of equal speed with Ee, then Amaterasu would have been no problem for Sasuke.

    Also it was probably a typo but I think you meant that Minato had the better reflexes.

    Itachi and Sasuke are definitely above average (and by a lot too) when it comes to speed but they are no where close to the fastest ninja's like Naruto, Ee and Minato.

    ---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas.Sama View Post
    I still think that there is a chance that the Sword of Totsuka could harm an intangible Madara because it's ethereal....
    Even if that is possible we don't know it for sure and so we can't use it. And we'll likely never find out either since Itachi died before we could see it. Susano'o is likely pointless in this fight since we haven't seen any large scale destructive abilities from Madara which Susano'o would be needed for.

    The whole fight likely comes down to Itachi's clever usage of genjutsu, similar to Sasuke's usage against Danzo to create a split second opening to lop Madara's head off or blow him up with a Explosion Clone.

  10. #82
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    Itachi has the tools to defeat madara.? i don't think so.. itachi can't even kill madara with his last ditch effort. madara is a beast and a powerful ninja. Itachi already knows that he can't surpass/defeat madara. And madara is itachi's master.

    And maybe madara was the one who taught itachi the power of his MS..

    Madara never afraid to itachi.. They have just a deal. A deal not to attack the konoha. And the only reason why madara never betrayed itachi is that itachi has the power to ruin madara's plan. Madara can kill itachi but itachi can also kill the entire akatsuki, except nagato. Not attacking the konoha for the exchange of itachi's power is enough for madara not to betray him. Madara never afraid to fight itachi at all. But he was indeed afaid for itachi to ruin his life long plan.

  11. #83
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    Itachi has the tools to defeat madara.? i don't think so.. itachi can't even kill madara with his last ditch effort. madara is a beast and a powerful ninja. Itachi already knows that he can't surpass/defeat madara. And madara is itachi's master
    That Itachi doesnt have the tool to defeat Madara is your opinion, thats fine, is that is what you believe, cool.

    But going about Itachi not killing Madara with a seal he put inside Sasuke? That was an Amaterasu setting off from dead man's seal... are you serious? It's not a full well and alive Itachi clashing against Madara, it's one technique among many that Itachi has in his arsenal. Just saying. Madara is Madara, aka tobi, don,t try to hype so much unless he deserves it, he has a tricky arsenal and thats about it so far.

    And btw, a 'last ditch effort' is something you do when youre desesperate, when you cannot do anything else. Itachi was on the verge of death and was like pretty much ;

    Hey, im dying pretty soon so while i have some chakra left, why don't i just give an extra protection to Sasuke to make sure i put the chances on my side? The fact that you use he couldnt even kill Madara that way shows that you fail to grasp the concept behind those words, his last ditch effect is actually not as valuable as what he himself would have had put on the table to try and defeat Madara.

    A Last ditch effort is a nerf more than anything else, Itachi couldnt do anything than what he did as he was dying.

    You see if you werent so much about trolling maybe i'd take the time to argue with you but i honestly have stopped even responding to your post because of things like this lol.

    Who told you Itachi knew he couldnt surpass/defeat Madara? After all, the quote you got claiming Itachi called Madara his 'tutor' was claimed in the part as when Itachi said he was the only one who could surpass Prime Madara. Whats your point?


    Quote Quote:
    And maybe madara was the one who taught itachi the power of his MS..
    By teaching him what? By telling hey buddy, there is doujutsu you can use, and thats how you use it? Sasuke did it all by himself because thats how it works, it worked the same way for Itachi. For all we know, Itachi learned about the EMS from Madara, nothing else.

    EIther way, thats doesnt change anything about Itachi's skills, he is as strong as he is because he's pulling his own strings, troll much yet again.


    Quote Quote:
    Madara never afraid to itachi.. They have just a deal. A deal not to attack the konoha. And the only reason why madara never betrayed itachi is that itachi has the power to ruin madara's plan. Madara can kill itachi but itachi can also kill the entire akatsuki, except nagato. Not attacking the konoha for the exchange of itachi's power is enough for madara not to betray him. Madara never afraid to fight itachi at all. But he was indeed afaid for itachi to ruin his life long plan.

    WAIT WHAT?!?

    So now, Itachi can take all the Akatsuki by himself which means ;

    Hidan, Kakuzu, Sasori, Deidara and Kisame

    And Madara who is so damn stronger than Itachi because he is Itachi's master and was 'maybe' the one who taught him his power and also wields power to be able to teleport WHERE EVER he wants was scared that Itachi, all alone would wipe them all out without him being unable to interfere ?

    If Madara was so superior to Itachi and knew it himself, he wouldnt have respected a deal he made with a 13 years old kid that could kill his entire crew and would of had actually killed him to prevent it all since he was strong enough to do so.

    See, your talk in incoherent.

    Claiming Madara would have spared Itachi because of the respect he had for him or because he 'foresaw' the potential to use Sasuke at the end would have made sense because it looks like this now in a way, but clearly you have missunderstood their relationship so damn much it's not funny.

    Itachi being so inferior to Madara yet so big of a threat at the same time is laughable and it doesnt make any damn sense.

    If Madara would have let Itachi live within Akatsuki and thought he had what it took to wipe the whole organisarion by himself, it means that Madara would have had been weaker than Itachi, otherwise he would have killed him before such thing happened.

    BIG BOSS MADARA > Itachi > 5 Akatsuki members

    Quote Madara ; I'll make a deal for the heck of it with this guy, and since he can wipe all my other members, i won't do anything to him cause i'm scared, even tho me going against him means i would kill him since i'm stronger, but i'm scared that while i'm killing him, he will be able to kill all the other 5....... wait, w%$t the f?%k am i saying? If i can woop his ass out, how is he gonna ruin my plan in the first place? No wonder Yondaime wooped my ass, i suck at planning shit out.


    Madara either greatly respected Itachi or feared him to an extent or simply wanted Sasuke by his side in the end, nothing else.

    One thing is clear tho, Itachi was troubling him, he said it himself, so he wasnt sleeping so well with itachi arround ,even if that was part of his plan.


    And in all honesty, looking at the translations of chapter 404 ;


    Quote Quote:
    Tobi: With Itachi dead... the last great obstacle has been removed from my path. // I am no longer obligated to refrain from attacking Konoha.
    Zetsu: That took quite some time...
    Tobi: All for the sake of ensuring that the plan goes smoothly. ...Everything's ready now. // As I thought, Itachi planted a form of "insurance" within Sasuke. / "Amaterasu"

    Quote Quote:
    イタチも死んだ――― 目の上の瘤はもういない
    Madara: Now that Itachi died, no one is standing in my way.

    〝木ノ葉に手を出さない〟という条件もこれで白紙だ
    Madara: And my promise of "not laying my hands on Konoha" is gone too

    In the first, you can see that Madara saw Itachi as a great obstacle.

    He did not only go along to respect the deal but the ENSURE the plan would go smootly.


    In the 2nd one, Madara claims Itachi was standing in his way, and note the 2nd part
    Quote Quote:
    not laying my hands on Konoha" is gone too


    Not only was he keeping his deal with Itachi intact, but he was scared of Itachi, and it was ALONG with the deal, why he had not made moves against the leaf, it wasnt only for the deal, but both.

    Itachi was a threat, enough that he didnt want to risk going against him.
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; July 18, 2011 at 04:07 AM.

    My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    .
    -

  12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #84
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    PR
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    453
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    I see it this way. Madara could've killed Itachi if he wanted to, BUT in his current condition it wouldn't have been such a good idea to do so. Had he done so he would've been left even more weakened than he already was. So instead, he decided to go the easy way around. He had already waited all of Kushina's life for that one moment, waiting a couple more years for Itachi to be killed by his brother (he did know Itachi's plan all along) would be nothing for him. It's sort of how he's letting Kabuto tag along with him during this war. He's receiving some extra-help to fulfill his goals but if Kabuto betrays him Madara will kill him (no offense to any Kabuto fans out there).

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #85
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    Sasuke is fast but he is no where close to the speed Ee is. He could react to his speed and predict his attacks thanks to his Sharingan. The only reason he was surviving that onslaught was thanks to Susano'o which saved him at least twice that I can remember. If Sasuke was both of equal speed with Ee, then Amaterasu would have been no problem for Sasuke.

    Also it was probably a typo but I think you meant that Minato had the better reflexes.

    Itachi and Sasuke are definitely above average (and by a lot too) when it comes to speed but they are no where close to the fastest ninja's like Naruto, Ee and Minato.
    Sasuke had to be close to Ee's speed otherwise he wouldn't have been able to dodge Ee's attack even with the Sharingan. We were shown that way back during the Chuunin Exam with Lee. To dodge and counter an attack, the a Sharingan user still has to be physically fit enough to do so, otherwise they will see the attack but be unable to avoid it. So by all accounts, Sasuke is comparable to Ee when he's using the first version of the Lightning Cloak.

    During the summit, Shi told us that Ee and Minato normally had comparable reflexes, but with his Lightning Cloak active, his reflexes were superior. By what has been established in the series, Sasuke wouldn't be that far away from matching their speed and Itachi should be even.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #86
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    22,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Those Gen-jutsu breaking abilities or methods that we have seen don't seem to work on Itachi. Kakashi already proved that when he told Chiyo that her method to break out of Itachi's Gen-jutsu wasn't going to work. Yet that was basically the universally accepted method of breaking out of a Sharingan Gen-jutsu. Either way its a fact that Itachi alters perception of time in Gen-jutsu and can easily kill someone before they even know they are in a Gen-jutu. No one in this manga has shown to come even close to Itachi in terms of Gen-jutsu. Also the Alliance should have been well informed of Madara's Gen-jutsu abilities by Onoki. He himself revealed he know a thing or two about his Gen-jutsu when Yamato was kidnapped by Kabuto. Yet no one in the Alliance has shown to be worried about Madara's Gen-jutsu ability.

    Probably because Madara himself said that he is no where near who he once was. Itachi is the [i]only known[i/] Gen-jutsu user that alters perception of time. Which was a large reason as to why he could bring down shinobi of Kakashi's and Orochimaru's caliber to their knees in an instant. And thats not even taking into account the fact that he wasn't trying to kill either one. Like it or not, Madara and Itachi have already confirmed that Madara is just a former shell of himself. And in Madara's battles he has either had to "warp" his opponents away, which i don't believe is allowed here. Or he has had to resort to using Izanagi to survive. Yet that was against shinobi who couldn't even hold a candle to Itachi. So Madara struggling against Fuu and Torune = Madara getting ftw-owned by Itachi to has every intention to kill. This isn't the Madara of Hashirama's time, in this tournament he is the guy who has to hide behind others to get things done.
    So you basically think that because Oonoki knows about Prime Madara's genjutsu abilities, they know all about the current 80 year older Madara's genjutsu abilities too? That's a pretty long shot. The only thing the Alliance knows is that he can easily bring out info from a person like Yamato, that's a pretty easy thing to do to be perfectly honest. It's an entirely different thing ripping out the Kyuubi from Kushina and controlling a perfect Jinchuuriki. My point isn't that Madara is equal or better than Itachi at genjutsu, but that he's a damn good genjutsu user himself and shouldn't be underestimated which I think he's being in this thread.

    I know what Madara this is. And btw Madara can warp people, that's basically the only offensive technique he has so of course it's allowed. It counts as a win by incapacitating the opponent, in this unique case some prefer it being called "battle removal". And where did you see Madara struggling against Fuu and Torune? What I saw was a guy basically playing with two rats, fine he lost an arm but that's only because he's careless as losing an arm has no real effect on him. Besides that loss was a clear plot device to show us that Madara's body is heavily made up by Zetsu material, a revelation to further hint at his identity and body's condition. That you think he struggled against two Root ninja when it was a clear A) play scene + B) plot device that he lost the arm further proves that Madara is being heavily underestimated in this tournament and in his previous state.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    While it basically is an assumption, its an assumption with some evidence behind it. We know for a fact that Sasuke speed and reflexes are roughly equal to Ee using his first version Lightning Cloak. We were also told by Shi that normally Ee and Minato have comparable reflexes and with his Lightning Cloak, Ee's were greater. We also know that Itachi's movements weren't at their best during his fight with Sasuke, yet he was still able to keep about even with a healthy Sasuke. So comparably, a Itachi with dulled movements can be said to be even with Ee using his first version Lightning Cloak, and thus Itachi moving normally should be faster and thus his speed should be similar.
    That's a pretty long shot. Yes it's true that the Sharingan's host needs to have certain reflexes and speed capabilities to be able to react to a fast opponent, but they don't need to be equal. To put it in a hypothetical scenario. Madara has 5 in speed, Itachi has 4 (made up numbers). Because of Madara's vast superiority, Itachi is way too slow to react to him (Lee vs Sasuke). However if Itachi gains some speed up to 4,5, he becomes fast enough to dodge Madara's attacks despite Madara still being faster. This is possible because despite still being slower, Itachi sees Madara's punch a brief moment before it lands. What he barely wasn't able to dodge before, is now possible with a slight speed boost. He already has a few moments to react to his punch before it lands, thus doesn't need to be equally fast but just fast enough to dodge said punch. It's the same with Sasuke. Sasuke saw A's move before it happened, it was clearly illustrated that the ONLY reason he was able to dodge was because of his Sharingan. Sasuke is both slower in speed and reflexes (although not by a large margin) when A used version 1, but because he sees A's movement a few moments before it actually happens, he doesn't need to have equal speed and reflexes because he has a few moments longer to react to it because he KNOWS it will happen before it actually does.

    Itachi might be faster than Sasuke, but he's also half blind which I'm sure I don't need to remind you of. Itachi's condition is the same as against Sasuke, and this is what happened because of his poor eyesight. An attack that should normally be dodged "easily" hit him, unless you believe he was hit by a sharp giant shuriken on purpose to make Sasuke win. Itachi is not healthy, he has the same eyesight (which just won't get worse) and has the same condition, chakra level, speed, reflexes etc that he had against Sasuke. His condition just won't make him cough up blood and roll over and die after 10 minutes of fighting.
    Last edited by 3c; July 18, 2011 at 05:47 AM.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  18. #87
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    When I read whose fighting who, I thought: I won't vote. The next thing after reading some of the comments and I came to conclusion that I will vote for Itachi. If there's a shinobi capable of defeating Tobi <maybe not in a similar fashion like Minato did> its Itachi. I mean, even in manga Tobi seems to be refrained from wrong-doings against Konoha by Itachi, so in other words he respected him <seems he didn't even want to kill him or was afraid he would lose> And vice versa: it seems Itachi also wasn't capable of probably killing Tobi thats why he didn't make any attempt during his life-time <unless there will be new info about their relationship ^^>. I think they were pretty equal <of course talking about Tobi in this tournament, not the 'new' one with Rinnegan eye>
    So I will go with Itachi. I will just note that I made an assumption that Sword of Totsuka is capable of sealing intangible Tobi <plz don't comment on this one that we don't know or sth, because Its my assumption, I don't have any evidence for that and someone doesn't have any evidence it cannot work either ; ]>
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

  19. #88
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    tobi hasn't ever shown his mangekyou sharingan,then he is nothingI vote itachi because he is better,especially in genjutsu.

  20. #89
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    622
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    This is the weirdest topic I've seen in a while. I knew Itachi fanboys would be up and about but some of these arguments are so farfetch'd.

    -Itachi's a genius so he'd figure out Tobi's intangibility secrets quickly?

    Again, this is the famous "Shikamaru argument" that is illogical. You cannot come to proper conclusions without certain information, but this "Shikamaru argument" basically implies that because the person is a genius, he'll magically know.

    The secrets of Tobi's intangibility are as follows:
    (a) He can only be intangible for 5 minutes straight
    (b) Before he warps, he has to turn solid
    (c) Warping himself is slower than when he warps someone

    Now, how can Itachi even know any of this? The only way you'd know (a) is if he sends a barrage of attacks and times how long Tobi stays intangible. There is almost no way he'd figure out (b) during the battle unless some lucky coincidence happens. There is also almost no way he'd figure out (c) because he'd have to compare the speed between the two instances and the only time he'd be able the time he takes to warp another person is when he, Itachi, is warped. If Itachi is warped, it's game over. Tobi would just drop him in a volcano or something.

    -Itachi put Kakashi in genjutsu even though he had the Sharingan, so he can probably do it to Tobi

    Except that Tobi has a Uchiha body (until proven otherwise) and has more than twice the amount of experience with it than both Kakashi and Itachi. Tobi has been to EMS and back. Yea, Itachi's genjutsu works well on non-Sharingan users and Sharingan users with less experience...but against a person who is supposedly like 100+ years old and probably activated the Sharingan in his teens. Tobi's Sharingan experience far outweighs Itachi. Even if Tobi was an idiot, he's had 3-4 times the amount of years to perfect his use. Fortunately, Tobi was not an idiot, but instead the top of his clan back then. He was the Itachi way before Itachi's father was even born.

    -The reason Tobi kept his promise not to attack Konoha was because he was afraid of Itachi

    Or it's because Itachi is a strong asset to have on your side rather than against you. Even if I can demolish a person in battle, if he's a good asset, I'd want him to be with me than against me because it helps my plan. After Itachi died, he's not an asset to anyone so basically Tobi said f*ck my promise.

    Also, Tobi is buttering up Sasuke to keep Sasuke on his side because Sasuke is an asset to him. Nevertheless, he told Sasuke that if he went against Akatsuki, he'd kill him. He's not afraid of Sasuke but he values him as a useful tool just like Itachi and Nagato.

    -Itachi can easily keep his distance

    Uhm what? The guy can teleport behind you no matter where you are. How can you possibly keep your distance?

    -Itachi has Susanoo

    Yes, and? Tobi can teleport inside. There is nothing...and I repeat NOTHING that implies that he cannot teleport right next to Itachi inside and stab him.

    -Itachi has reflexes rivaling Ae and Minato

    Alright, now you're just making things up. Nothing in the manga implies that.

    Anyway, I see Tobi winning simply with a kunai. You can't hit him and he can teleport behind you whenever he wants. Btw, if you remember, Tobi escaped Amaterasu already so that's not an out.

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  22. #90
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara vs Itachi

    Even tough Tobi has more experience with the sharingan, I'm pretty sure Itachi could do what Sasuke did against Danzo: Make Tobi see one second before, giving Itachi time to stab him in the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Thread Closed
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts