Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madara

70 42.94%
  • Itachi

93 57.06%
Thread Closed
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Madara vs Itachi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madara vs Itachi

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    -The best thing Itachi showed to do when he wanted to inflict pain is stabing Kakashi over and over.

-It does not matter what level of genius you are when you are tortured for 3 days.

-In there last fight Sasuke was able to see trough Itachi's gejutsu over and over. It was a battle of genjutsu that ultimatly Sasuke won after the use of MS genjutsu.

-If Madara get's to the warp Itachi can't do any clones. Minato was only able to escape because he can instantly teleport. KB needs handseals.
    - Itachi can do what he wants with Tsukuyomi

- It took a very long time for Sasuke to be able to see through Itachi's last genjutsu before Tsukuyomi

- I don't see why Itachi wouldn't be able to create a kb behind Madara as he's being warped, he starts warping the head first and than the body.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with Madara warping into a range where he can warp Itachi is he can't start warping Itachi until he has completely warped himself. There is more than enough time for Itachi to evade or counter (maybe even before the warping is complete) since he has sharingan unlike Konan or Danzo's minions. Each choice means life or death. By the time you move to counter, Madara will be ready to warp you. It is simple for him to warp a person (like Sasuke); but if he tries to warp a crow or exploding clone, he will have difficulties as it takes more time to warp things with more mass (exploding clone, tailed beast bomb) and more pieces (multiple crows flying in multiple directions, Konan's paper bombs).

Because Itachi has sharingan, he can easily create a shadow clone before Madara gets him. Madara also has sharingan, but while warping, his body would lag behind his eyes. Though Madara's sharingan will still allow him to time his intangibility well. The only time he has been hurt is while warping others and the successful counter by Minato.

There is also something odd about Madara's space/time technique. It can be as quick as 0 panels, yet it can also be as slow as a couple panels. Is there a catch like shinra tensei or is it to conserve chakra?

Note: Much of what I say is speculative.
    Last edited by leafです; July 22, 2011 at 10:12 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

both Konan and Minato were able to take action while being warped. Itachi can easily activate susanoo in that time frame, and while Madara is solid, smash him to bits. And that's all IF Madara doesn't swallow an exploding clone instead.
    Last edited by Nicholas.Sama; July 22, 2011 at 10:07 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember, Itachi doesn't have to kill Madara; just defeat him. So if Madara's incapacitated by Tsukoyomi or knocked out or whatever, Itachi wins. It doesn't matter if Madara's immortal or not.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, so this is a fight between Tobi and Itachi? I'm confused. Why wouldn't we take Madara at his prime when we don't have any confirmation that Tobi is the real Madara? I don't know. I voted Madara under the assumption that it is the "whole" Madara vs Itachi. Can a diseased Itachi with only so much left in the tank in terms of his ocular powers be able to defeat Tobi? Probably not. Itachi in his prime... maybe. This tournament match is lame. Don't label this Tobi as Madara when one of the big mysteries in the Manga right now is whether Tobi (1 Rinnegan eye and 1 Sharingan eye) is in-fact Madara or not.

I call an Itachi win where Itachi and Madara use Izanagi at the same time and Itachi uses the last second to seal him with the Root sealing jutsu. You know he has Fuuinjutsu up his sleeve. It was claimed by Kakashi that all Root members have it. Is that any less ridiculous than not having Madara in his prime vs Itachi?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be diferent. He would be warping more then 1 thing at once. He had to chose from warping the explosion itself or warp Konan and get himself killed. If Madara is in Izanagi then he will just go in close in grab him then Itachi can shot all the techs he wants. Madara can come from below the ground to get in close. Madara is defenetly not going to fight a long ranged war as he can't do that. Itachi would have no idea about the warping so its a good chanse he is going to replicate what he has done vs Kakashi and try to block a attack coming from undergrond.
    But Madara still has to worry about being killed, cause once enough damage is done, Izanagi will cause him to disappear and then reappear. It's not as if he can stand there taking a bunch of damage while still attempting to warp Itachi. Not just that, but Madara would also have to believe he'll stand a chance of being killed before he attempts to warp Itachi, otherwise he wouldn't have the option of using Izanagi at that moment.

While Madara will attempt to close the distance and get close, there's little chance that Madara would be able to fully come out of the ground before Itachi noticed him. Madara can begun the warp, but if Konan can react and launch an attack to interrupt being pulled in, so can Itachi. Especially if he has a clone out to assist and attack Madara during the warping.

Nop. He showed that he blocks vs Kakashi, showed that he uses jutsus but again keeps close vs Kurenai and then vs kakashi in the lake battle. Up to the moment he is going to find out Madara warps he will fight close to his target.
    The clone came to him. Itachi didn't keep close to Kurenai and Kakashi. He attacked from a distance and struck his finishing blow up close. That's not at all like keeping up close. Such tactics against Madara would mean that Itachi would attack from a distance, where he will discover all about Madara's intangibility and thus will look for an opportunity when Madara goes solid to strike his finishing blow.

Yes he has but as a distraction. Point is he was in close combat and direct contact with Kakashi. If that was Madara it would be GG.
    No it wouldn't, since Madara can't risk being solid the whole time while fighting Itachi.

Err no.. Its the exact opposite. Well aside from Sasuke when that fight was diferent and Sasuke himself was keeping a distance and showering the battlefield with long ranged attacks.
    Itachi didn't get close until he could land a "killing" blow. against Sasuke, Itachi wasn't the one attempting to get close, that was Sasuke. Itachi really was maintaining a distance in the physical world.

Nobody is saying Itachi could not do it. All i am saying Itachi ending up in warping distance before he finds out about it are greater then not. Both of the fighters are geniuses here in all respects for sure.
    Itachi would notice Madara before he could fully come out of the ground, since he can't warp while phased. I don't see being within warping distance would be that dangerous, since we have someone with slower reflexes being ale to react and counter it.

That never looked like 5 mins to me. But i am not going to argue over it as it would be irrelevant. If he realy holds it up for 5 mins for no good reason (like the one i quoted) he will just exhaust himself.
    While trying to tie actual time to the panels would be considerably troublesome, it couldn't have been a quick time. I don't think Itachi would exhaust himself. We can both agree that Itachi at the very least held Susanoo for quite some time, and that was after using a bunch of MS techniques beforehand. Unless for some odd reason Itachi decides to needlessly use his MS techniques a bunch of time against Madara, Itachi should have plenty of chakra to maintain Susanoo long enough when he finally pulls it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoopNScoop View Post
    Wait, so this is a fight between Tobi and Itachi? I'm confused. Why wouldn't we take Madara at his prime when we don't have any confirmation that Tobi is the real Madara? I don't know. I voted Madara under the assumption that it is the "whole" Madara vs Itachi. Can a diseased Itachi with only so much left in the tank in terms of his ocular powers be able to defeat Tobi? Probably not. Itachi in his prime... maybe. This tournament match is lame. Don't label this Tobi as Madara when one of the big mysteries in the Manga right now is whether Tobi (1 Rinnegan eye and 1 Sharingan eye) is in-fact Madara or not.

I call an Itachi win where Itachi and Madara use Izanagi at the same time and Itachi uses the last second to seal him with the Root sealing jutsu. You know he has Fuuinjutsu up his sleeve. It was claimed by Kakashi that all Root members have it. Is that any less ridiculous than not having Madara in his prime vs Itachi?
    We have not met any Madara besides Tobi. It seems to be the general consensus that Madara and Tobi are the same within the universe, though I admit it's a somewhat telegraphed plot twist. The thing is, at this point it's not all that mysterious how Madara is still alive. We are using current Madara as opposed to old Madara because old Madara has zero actual feats besides controlling the Kyubi. At this point it is safe to label Tobi and Madara as the same individual.

Additionally, Itachi was never confirmed to have Izanagi. To use Izanagi you must have both Senju and Uchiha abilities at your disposal. Itachi is purebred Uchiha, whereas Madara has stated that he fought the first in order to obtain his DNA, hence an explanation for why he has managed to live so long.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work Itachi-san! Great victory!

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The Uchiha clan forbid Izanagi, so I'm guessing they could use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Good work Itachi-san! Great victory!
    Woohoo!!! Itachi vs. Minato is going to be LEGEN- wait for it... DARY!!!

14. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16