Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nagato

52 30.95%
  • Minato

116 69.05%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nagato vs Minato

SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato vs Minato

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

He is the shinobi with the most raw power, and with most potential in the world of Naruto. The reason for that is that he wields the most powerful doujutsu ever. The Rinnegan. Thanks to these eyes he has access to every element, he is a master of life and death, and not just that, he also wields an insane amount of chakra. Jiraiya mentioned his talent for ninjutsu, Konan commended him for his invincibility, and he had the power and ability to singlehandedly take care of a village or a battelfield full of enemies. But he is all alone now, not depending on his bodies, as he starts out as one of the most dreadful fighters of this tournament.

The "Yellow Flash" and Fourth Hokage of Konohagakure is lionized as the hero who saved the village from the Kyūbi no Yōko. Noted by his sensei, Jiraiya, as the most gifted shinobi ever produced by their village, he is highly skilled as a shinobi. He possesses remarkable agility, chakra capacity, and intelligence. His prowess with space-time ninjutsu is such that he can create space-time barriers and teleport foes as immense as the Kyūbi. Proficient in fūinjutsu, he can summon toads like his sensei and can detect the presence of others by placing his finger on the ground like the Second Hokage. His most notable jutsu creations are the Rasengan, Hiraishin, and Shiki Fūjin.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nagato vs Minato

Hmm....i wonder who will win this very difficult fight?

If Minato wins in any fashion other then a landslide i will be throughly disappointed. Oh and that applies to the whole tourney and not just this round.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I guess I'm the first to give actual situations! Yay!

While Nagato is awesome to an extraordinary degree, he is fighting on his lonesome - without his 6 Paths. As we've seen in all his battles, Nagato is not very smart. He was outsmarted by all of his opponents - including Konohamaru. Minato is so legendary that he had to be dead since before the series started. Minato's speed alone is not the deciding factor, but it's the way he uses and abuses his speed. I honestly don't see how Nagato can defeat Minato.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am unsure how I am voting on this one. I think that they are both among the top shinobi in the Narutoverse, and each possesses a great skillset that can lead to victory. Minato's speed is untouchable, and Nagato's jutsu are custom made to basically beat anything he faces.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

If Nagato uses his repulsion or attraction jutsu against Minato, he can just teleport away. If Nagato summons his animals Minato can summon the toads who all went head to head against Nagato's summons. Taijutsu means nothing if you can't land a punch on Minato. A couldn't, Nagato won't be able to. Period. I'm gonna discount Asura's Realm powers because that corpse didn't use any jutsu. It was basically a robot with missiles, blades, rocket feet, etc. Nagato can resurrect people, but can he resurrect himself? Since it's speculation that ability is also discarded. Should he create a moon, Minato can teleport away. Nagato can absorb chakra ('cause it's just his one body). But look at Hungry Ghost Realm when he does it. He has to have some sort of physical direct contact with it. It as if he must be facing the jutsu to absorb it. Hiraishin behind Nagato and Rasengan in a single instant. No repulsion to negate it and no absorption to avoid it.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I am unsure how I am voting on this one. I think that they are both among the top shinobi in the Narutoverse, and each possesses a great skillset that can lead to victory. Minato's speed is untouchable, and Nagato's jutsu are custom made to basically beat anything he faces.
    Then please! By all means! Allow me to convince you! Just read above this message!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato takes this. While he may be nowhere near as smart as Minato, his abilities are hax enough to make up for the difference. With his Shinra Tensei, he'll be able to blast away Minato and any kunai Minato tries to place around him. And with no kunai near to employ Hiraishin, Minato would be limited to direct attacking, which Shinra Tensei and his chakra absorption can take care off. By using Bansho Tennin, Nagato can attempt to bring Minato right towards him and by doing so he'll likely be eventually clued in to what Hiraishin is. With only close range attacks to use, Minato would eventually be forced to either go in close or trick Nagato into coming to him, which Nagato can avoid by summoning one of his creatures. Depending on the creature he summons, Nagato can make the battle even harder, such as summoning his chameleon to hid in and his dog to overcrowd the field. As long as Nagato stays on his toes and avoid being lead by Minato, he shouldn't have any major problems.

10. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides the fact that if Nagato were to hide in the chameleon and Minato find him by sensing the ground, he can summon the elder toads and they can do the chameleon the same thing they did when they were summoned by Jiraiya.

Also, Nagato can Shinra Tensei the kunai all he wants, maybe one won't fall near him for Minato to warp to, but Nagato's gonna have to keep an eye on all of the ones that'll be lying around anyways. The moment he gets caught off guard (something he's done a lot) Minato will warp to a kunai and Rasengan! Besides, Minato doesn't have to place the seal on his kunai. He can place them anywhere - even the floor. Nagato gets anywhere near any of Minato's marks and he's done for. So what if Nagato realizes that Minato is teleporting away. He does it so fast that it's damn near the perfect counter for any jutsu. How's Nagato gonna counter Hiraishin?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

In fact, Minato throws his kunai, Shinra Tensei deflects it away, it's still in the air near enough for Minato to already have a Rasengan in his hand and the momentum to warp to said kunai and connect to Nagato afterwards. Will Nagato be able to dodge that? Will he be able to use Shinra Tensei again when he has 6 seconds to do so afterwards?

Minato countered Madara's teleportation jutsu the second time he saw it. Minato's a genius. The moment he sees that Nagato can deflect things without touching them, sending them away from him, he's gonna use that same deflection to his advantage.
    Last edited by DementedKirby; July 17, 2011 at 01:56 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Wow, I guess I'm the first to give actual situations! Yay!

While Nagato is awesome to an extraordinary degree, he is fighting on his lonesome - without his 6 Paths. As we've seen in all his battles, Nagato is not very smart. He was outsmarted by all of his opponents - including Konohamaru. Minato is so legendary that he had to be dead since before the series started. Minato's speed alone is not the deciding factor, but it's the way he uses and abuses his speed. I honestly don't see how Nagato can defeat Minato.
    Outsmared in a way that even Itachi would be... Not to mencion he was fighting a entire village at the same time. So if Nagato is not that smart because Kona outsmarted him Itachi would be a complet imbecile.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides the fact that if Nagato were to hide in the chameleon and Minato find him by sensing the ground, he can summon the elder toads and they can do the chameleon the same thing they did when they were summoned by Jiraiya.

Also, Nagato can Shinra Tensei the kunai all he wants, maybe one won't fall near him for Minato to warp to, but Nagato's gonna have to keep an eye on all of the ones that'll be lying around anyways. The moment he gets caught off guard (something he's done a lot) Minato will warp to a kunai and Rasengan! Besides, Minato doesn't have to place the seal on his kunai. He can place them anywhere - even the floor. Nagato gets anywhere near any of Minato's marks and he's done for. So what if Nagato realizes that Minato is teleporting away. He does it so fast that it's damn near the perfect counter for any jutsu. How's Nagato gonna counter Hiraishin?
    Minato's sensing on tells him who's around. It doesn't give him an exact location. And if Minato has to deal with the multiplying dogs, he's not gonna have the time to "sense" where Nagato is. Also, I would question Minato's ability to summon the elder toads considering the time and effort Jiraiya had to put into it verse what he normally does to summon a toad. At the very least, summon them is gonna take time which Nagato can capitalize on.

Considering when using Deva Path's ability, he rarely moves, he wouldn't have to worry about moving anywhere near a kunai or seal. He'll have a zone of safely around himself. If Nagato does like Ee and realize Minato is teleporting to the kunai, he can act according and attempt to trick Minato into going to where he wants him to go.

In fact, Minato throws his kunai, Shinra Tensei deflects it away, it's still in the air near enough for Minato to already have a Rasengan in his hand and the momentum to warp to said kunai and connect to Nagato afterwards. Will Nagato be able to dodge that? Will he be able to use Shinra Tensei again when he has 6 seconds to do so afterwards?

Minato countered Madara's teleportation jutsu the second time he saw it. Minato's a genius. The moment he sees that Nagato can deflect things without touching them, sending them away from him, he's gonna use that same deflection to his advantage.
    Nagato wouldn't have to worry, since his chakra absorption would absorb the Rasengan and leave Minato with no choice but to teleport away. How is Minato gonna use Nagato's own ability to his advantage? I can't think of a single way. Now once he figures out the time limit, that's a different story and Minato can attempt to take advantage of that. But Nagato isn't limited to simply pushing and pulling. He has his chakra absorption and summoning to make things easier, alone with the fact that if he can just grab Minato once, he can rip his soul. It won't be easy, but Nagato should be able to wear him down.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Nagato wouldn't have to worry, since his chakra absorption would absorb the Rasengan and leave Minato with no choice but to teleport away. How is Minato gonna use Nagato's own ability to his advantage? I can't think of a single way. Now once he figures out the time limit, that's a different story and Minato can attempt to take advantage of that. But Nagato isn't limited to simply pushing and pulling. He has his chakra absorption and summoning to make things easier, alone with the fact that if he can just grab Minato once, he can rip his soul. It won't be easy, but Nagato should be able to wear him down.
    I don't have a pentablet, but I drew this up a little quickly in Paint to get my point across as to what you said in bold. Feel free to destroy it as you see fit. Oh, and it's not drawn mangastyle (right to left) but standstyle (left to right):

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Outsmared in a way that even Itachi would be... Not to mencion he was fighting a entire village at the same time. So if Nagato is not that smart because Kona outsmarted him Itachi would be a complet imbecile.
    He was still outsmarted by Jiraiya. Plenty of times in that battle. And Jiraiya's got nothing on Minato. My point is that Minato is way smarter than Nagato.
    Last edited by DementedKirby; July 17, 2011 at 02:20 PM.

18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a pentablet, but I drew this up a little quickly in Paint to get my point across as to what you said in bold. Feel free to destroy it as you see fit. Oh, and it's not drawn mangastyle (right to left) but standstyle (left to right):

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

He was still outsmarted by Jiraiya. Plenty of times in that battle. And Jiraiya's got nothing on Minato. My point is that Minato is way smarter than Nagato.
    Examples?

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya lured Pain into the sewers to have the advantage of a crowded space. He blinded them all and had a momentary one-on-one with Pain. He also used Genjutsu on Pain. He also stole one of his bodies. Besides, he countered everything Pain did to him up to the point where it goes offpanel.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya lured Pain into the sewers to have the advantage of a crowded space. He blinded them all and had a momentary one-on-one with Pain. He also used Genjutsu on Pain. He also stole one of his bodies. Besides, he countered everything Pain did to him up to the point where it goes offpanel.
    Lured him? That is in no way outsmarting him. Pein wanted him dead and to make sure he does not escape. He was forced in there.
    So blinding them = outsmarting them? Kakashi used Itachi's own fireball to cut his line of sight and hide underground... Gues Itachi is stupid to.
    He never used genjutsu on Pein.. Those where the frogs and in no way this is outsmarting him lol.
    Stealing 1 of his bodies again is not outsmarting him. How would this be outsmarting him?
    He countered the bodies that where not offensive. When those got in the fight JMan got owned. Also this does not mean he outsmarted Nagato.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't know yet but minato so far might have my vote.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Lured him? That is in no way outsmarting him. Pein wanted him dead and to make sure he does not escape. He was forced in there.
    So blinding them = outsmarting them? Kakashi used Itachi's own fireball to cut his line of sight and hide underground... Gues Itachi is stupid to.
    He never used genjutsu on Pein.. Those where the frogs and in no way this is outsmarting him lol.
    Stealing 1 of his bodies again is not outsmarting him. How would this be outsmarting him?
    He countered the bodies that where not offensive. When those got in the fight JMan got owned. Also this does not mean he outsmarted Nagato.
    You may have a point, I gave bad examples with Jiraiya's fight, but with what we've seen from Pain he's not as smart as people make him out to be. Saying that he has to be aware of all 6 bodies while he's invading Konoha is his own fault. He dominates his own jutsu. So if he's using his 6 Paths of Pain against Konoha is because he's in all capacity to do so. Therefore, even if he was invading Konoha, Kakashi still outsmarted him. Konohamaru still outsmarted him. Naruto still outsmarted him - besides the fact that Nagato simply wanted to capture him. So what? They were still fighting and in that fight, Naruto still outsmarted him.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast