Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nagato

52 30.95%
  • Minato

116 69.05%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nagato vs Minato

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nagato vs Minato

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    You may have a point, I gave bad examples with Jiraiya's fight, but with what we've seen from Pain he's not as smart as people make him out to be. Saying that he has to be aware of all 6 bodies while he's invading Konoha is his own fault. He dominates his own jutsu. So if he's using his 6 Paths of Pain against Konoha is because he's in all capacity to do so. Therefore, even if he was invading Konoha, Kakashi still outsmarted him. Konohamaru still outsmarted him. Naruto still outsmarted him - besides the fact that Nagato simply wanted to capture him. So what? They were still fighting and in that fight, Naruto still outsmarted him.
    Naruto also outsmarted Kakuzu in a similar way and that dude was very smart. Nagato is above average in inteligence for sure but he is defenetly not close to Minato in inteligence. Nagato has better computing power then Minato and anybody in the Manga considering he can operate all of the realms at the same time and react to ninjas from a entire village at the same time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato can use summons to fight Minato and make it a battle of endurance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Naruto also outsmarted Kakuzu in a similar way and that dude was very smart. Nagato is above average in inteligence for sure but he is defenetly not close to Minato in inteligence. Nagato has better computing power then Minato and anybody in the Manga considering he can operate all of the realms at the same time and react to ninjas from a entire village at the same time.
    Exactly. But here Nagato is fighting with his actual body. He was able to go all out before because they were corpses. Also, his greatest asset that made him epic was the 6 Paths. He was basically a one man squadron. Here, he's on his lonesome. So all of his team tactics are null and void in this match.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Nagato can use summons to fight Minato and make it a battle of endurance.
    Um, so can Minato. He has a contract with the Toads.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato has shown to be a chakra monster and Nagato has more summons.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If nagato use to Chikushoudou for summoning minato also can summon the whole arsenal of frogs and about fighting 5 peins i believe Hiraishin no Jutsu will be a great help for minato to keep up with them and he can instantly travel to diferent point of the battlefield and attacking and escaping from nagato and with his great stragedy that minato has it won't be easy for nagato to defeat minato. it is a hard battle and i still can make my mind to which one i will give my vote..

i know this doesn't have to be with this fight but does anyone think that minato learned sennin-mode while he was alive?..

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato doesn't have more summons. Minato has a whole mountain of badass toads to summon. Besides, it's not about quantity but quality, anyways.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FallFromHaven's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato should win, Minato will win. No point of debating lol

fade away.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato has more boss summons than Minato, and he should be able to summon summons of that level than Minato.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Nagato putting up much of a fight. He Shinra Tensei's (it seems to be his preliminary move), Minato Hiraishin's away. Hiraishin's at Nagato and Rasengan's him but sees his Rasengan is absorbed (which we've never seen is possible from the back only from the front so his Rasengan might not get absorbed). He Hiraishin's away again to strategize, but not before marking Nagato's body with a S/T seal, and gets Shinra Tenseid again. This time he has a mark on Nagato so he can just teleport inside Shinra. In those five seconds he just beats the crap out of Nagato til he's dead (5 seconds is an eternity when you move instantly). Nagato isn't fast enough (especially in his emaciated body) to suck out Minato's soul, summon Gedo, or summon an Animal.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO Nagato takes this: with ST, he can blow the kunais again and Minato as well, and IMO Minato hasn't shown such base speed to hit Nagato in his 5 second cooldown: I doubt he is that faster than Kakashi.

Nagato's dog summon owned all the 3 great frogs, and I doubt Minato would be able to summon Ma and Pa due to ST.

Nagato can also usmon the bird and be out of range of Minato's attacks, until the dog summon gets him, or heck, he uses a CT big enough to engulf all the kunais or use city buster shinra tensei instantly killing Minato.

IMO Minato's only shot is to manage putting a seal on Nagato and stabbing him in the back, which I don't see happening with st and his summons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto was able to own Nagato's summons. Jiraiya was able to own Nagato's summons. The toads won't be able to? They're mindless animals. Minato summons ninja frogs. Would you rather have an army of 10 mediocre ninja or an elite squad of 5 legendary ninja? Because 5 broken ninja can take on 10 mediocre ninja anyday. Hell, Asuma took on 10 mediocre ninja all his lonesome.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Naruto was able to own Nagato's summons. Jiraiya was able to own Nagato's summons. The toads won't be able to? They're mindless animals. Minato summons ninja frogs. Would you rather have an army of 10 mediocre ninja or an elite squad of 5 legendary ninja? Because 5 broken ninja can take on 10 mediocre ninja anyday. Hell, Asuma took on 10 mediocre ninja all his lonesome.
    The three great toads were owned by Nagato's dogs, and Minato hasn't shown any moves that could kill it.
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    I don't see Nagato putting up much of a fight. He Shinra Tensei's (it seems to be his preliminary move), Minato Hiraishin's away. Hiraishin's at Nagato and Rasengan's him but sees his Rasengan is absorbed (which we've never seen is possible from the back only from the front so his Rasengan might not get absorbed). He Hiraishin's away again to strategize, but not before marking Nagato's body with a S/T seal, and gets Shinra Tenseid again. This time he has a mark on Nagato so he can just teleport inside Shinra. In those five seconds he just beats the crap out of Nagato til he's dead (5 seconds is an eternity when you move instantly). Nagato isn't fast enough (especially in his emaciated body) to suck out Minato's soul, summon Gedo, or summon an Animal.
    Exactly! Did you see my shitty comicstrip detailing that exact tactic? Lol

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    The three great toads were owned by Nagato's dogs, and Minato hasn't shown any moves that could kill it.
    No, just the fact that Minato has to take out the summoner, i.e. Nagato. Minato's super fast. He can also teleport. What're the dogs gonna do? He can basically be everywhere at once. Nagato won't be able to handle that with just his real body (and only his body) and some animals. Even if the toads couldn't handle the dogs, they're still gonna be distracting the dogs away from Minato, just as they did Naruto.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato can't Hiraishin away from a ST: he would still hit the ground from the force of ST, and with no tags near Nagato, he wouldn't be able to reach him in time.

Also, Nagato in this tournament isn't the skinny one: it's the one that fought Hanzo, so he's probably fast enough to get away from Minato before he touches him.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    IMO Nagato takes this: with ST, he can blow the kunais again and Minato as well, and IMO Minato hasn't shown such base speed to hit Nagato in his 5 second cooldown: I doubt he is that faster than Kakashi.
    how in the world kakashi is faster than minato??..minato doesn't just need kunais to used Hiraishin no Jutsu kunai is just an example of diferent things that minato can use,He can also apply the mark to a touched area, such as his opponent or some other surrounding feature. No matter where the opponent goes, Yondaime can travel to the mark to kill them.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast