Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse: Chapter 195 Discussion/196 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse: Chapter 195 Discussion/196 Predictions

My impression is that it was in the Noble World. But you make a good point. The first thing they say in describing how it came ot pass is that you hid your presence from us. Did he pass out? Was he somehow knocked out, then moved away?

My idea was that maybe Gejutel-nim in order to avoid a perceived conflict. May have hidden Raizel someone in the then un-developed human world. 820 years ago would have been before the Renascence and sometime around the holy crusades. Which is European history. Think Lukedonia was said to be in the Bermuda triangle area, which means, of the Coat of Florida in the US. The "new world" not yet discover by the Euros until the late 1400s. And perhaps by some of the Moorish sailors of North Africa as far back as 400-500 years before. ~ History Lesson anyone?

Anyways. The lose of a child is not something that makes for a lack of motive. Was he in agreement or disagreement with the son he lost? If the son was against the new lord, and he was for the new lord. (An idea that would explain why the son is dead and he is not.) Then there is a strange question of who was close enough to Raizel to cause him to disappear.

I fear that Gejutel may have played an "innocent prank" hoping to recover Raizel after the new lord ascended the throne. But then discovered the coffin had been misplaced or moved from where he hid it. ~ when I think of absolute loyalty I think of absolute honesty. When one defers their words on etiquette...I have less faith in them as an adviser, though I respect or recognize this as a skill they posses to be learned from. But that is a poor explanation. There is a time and a place for everything. Still learning or waiting to learn what that means when choosing words.

And this is just becuase, Gejutel didn't in my opinion say enough to the current lord, why would he keep it a secret? I understood that it would cause Rai trouble. And that if Rai did not wish to return yet, Gejutel seems to be placing his loyalty with Rai. But at the same time Rai and Frankie would not have so much misunderstanding if he had previously told her of them. Which...is a giant gap.

So to be more clear. There is something about him that does not make sense.
    What is he apologizing for? I thought it was for drawing Rai into this quarrel.
    But the more I think about, what he has not said, the more untrusting I am of, why?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter didn't progress the story that much but it is confirmed that there will be revelations next chapter... Love how the previous Lord is not a serious Lord but a funny Lord

About Gejutel I think the previous Lord just ordered Gejutel not to tell anything about things to the current Lord because I think he is protecting the current Lord on a danger lurking and without Rai it is still too early to tell everything that is why he is only saying things now and I think will reveal many things in the upcoming chapters ahead... For Gejutel hiding Rai it could be because the previous Lord want Rai to be sidelined and help the current Lord in the future the previous Lord ordered Gejutel to hide Rai or the previous Lord himself hide Rai... Because I think the previous Lord foresee that there will be a danger lurking in the future this include the rebellion that is why he needs Rai to help the current Lord in the future to fight the enemies..

That is why I think Gejutel is apologizing because he is the one that the previous Lord entrusted the task to find and awake Rai but he failed to do it in time and the rebellion already occured..

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A calm chapter. And here I am really thinking that the Lord would give some actions with her complete Ragnarok. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Gejtual is still bothering me. He is hiding something!!
    It seems so. He definitely knows lots of things, especially regarding the previous lord's eternal sleep and the rebels. All I didn't understand is why Rai would worry about him. Maybe because he holds such secrets, that people would target him and want to eliminate him?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    This chapter should have been called "Frankenstein saves the day". And an awesome chapter it was.

I think the way the Lord was looking for answers here illustrates that she is neither childish nor unseasonable. She is really handling this whole thing fairly well all things considered.

This chapter showed pretty well where the Lord's sense of insecurity comes from, her father was basically insane(though a very entertaining breed of insane). Granted nobody could have anticipated that Raizel would be gone for 820 years. Their is probably some truth in the previous Lord's concerns about her having some weaknesses as a ruler too, but even so... her father's actions definitely didn't improve the situation and could be blamed for the entire rebellion.

I'm interested to hear "why". He didn't seem like the sort to do such things for no reason.
    LOL, that is soo true. I agree with you. I feel like the black clouds around the Lord is being cleared slowly, one by one. She might not be a perfect lord, untrusted by her own father and the betrayal after she ascended to the throne. I can't tell much about her, still, but maybe we would get to see more about why she became such a lord, and how she would develop to a better lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post
    Gejutel is not a traitor.
    To think he is is absurd.
    How can he be a traitor when his son was reported killed by the traitors/enemy?

But I do believe he has no idea what had happened to Raizel. If he did, he would have sent his grave to Lukodonia instead of bring it to the Human World.

What I would like to know is that was the coffin originally in the Human World? or was it the Noble World?
    I don't know, can't say I'm sure about that. Maybe he wasn't involved directly, or something like that. Since he is someone the previous lord trusted very much, if the previous lord really wanted him to do such rebel to make his daughter improved as a lord, I wouldn't doubt if Gejutel would do it. And to see that the previous lord is that kind of person as well... Definitely looking forward to who is Gejutel and what secrets he actually has.

About Rai's coffin, I think his coffin should belong to Noble World..? But then the next, and main, question would be: why would Rai's coffin appeared on Human World, above all. That's worrying. As if some people would like to get rid of Rai. :|

This chapter is an interesting one. After what happened previously I would expect more actions, but I think these people fight with their mind, at the moment. The other clan leaders and the lord started to doubt about what actually happened on the rebel back then. They would soon start to doubt the sentence of Gejutel, Seira, and probably Regis. They would want to investigate Rai and Frank more. Lots of fight we'll see after this. Frank is awesome as always; I'm amazed at how he could be so deadly simply through his eyes. XDDD

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post
    Gejutel is not a traitor.
    To think he is is absurd.
    How can he be a traitor when his son was reported killed by the traitors/enemy?

But I do believe he has no idea what had happened to Raizel. If he did, he would have sent his grave to Lukodonia instead of bring it to the Human World.

What I would like to know is that was the coffin originally in the Human World? or was it the Noble World?
    Good point asa chan. I doubt he would be involved in the death of his own son. I still get the feeling that he is hiding something. Similar to what otters11 has mentioned. About the coffin, I think it was in the noble world when it went missing. Though there isn't enough evidence to support that idea currently. I'm only basing the idea from the flash back where we're shown Gejtual and Franky discuss Raizels disappearance. The place of discussion is inside Raizels mansion. If that is true, that only leads to more questions. I recall that Franky was suspicious that one of them, which I presume meant the clan leaders, were involved.

@ thorn - yep franky was awesome. It was interesting to see how quickly he changed the pace of the situation with his speech. It seems that the lady Lord was willing to hear him out.

@tobe - you could be right. For reason secrets were kept from the clan leaders and the lord about Raizel.

It was revealed that the Kerta clan leader did not want the lord to know about Kartas being split.
    I'm not too surprised that franky is not aware how a soul weapon was split, but I figured that the clan leaders would know. Though the chapter seems to infer that they also have no idea how it was done, along with the current lord.

I wonder if Raizel is aware of that knowledge...

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

@ phio - I think Rai was worried because he figured that Gejtual would be in trouble of some-kind with the lord. I assume after Rael came on to the scene with the message from the lord.
    Last edited by Charlie; July 26, 2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: corrections

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again a good chapter!!

I'm also jumping on the Gejutel-isn't-a-traitor bandwagon; he is definetly acting like that due to the previous Lord orders. If you re-read the chapters again were he reveals the information about Frankenstein being a human. You can clearly see in his eyes that he is observing them. By them I mean the Clan Leaders and the Lord included.

Now that the misunderstanding has been cleared that Rai isn't or couldn't be the Ring leader of the traitors. I think that their duties will be to find out the whereabouts and the real reason of there betrayal because to be honest I'm not satisfied with there argument. I think that the real reason of their betrayal has something to do with power this would also explain Gejutel's resentment to a Noble aquiring power! But I still have no idea why he keeps apologizing or to whom it's adressed.

Credits:Shinsatsu

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    Now that the misunderstanding has been cleared that Rai isn't or couldn't be the Ring leader of the traitors. I think that their duties will be to find out the whereabouts and the real reason of there betrayal because to be honest I'm not satisfied with there argument. I think that the real reason of their betrayal has something to do with power this would also explain Gejutel's resentment to a Noble aquiring power! But I still have no idea why he keeps apologizing or to whom it's adressed.
    I agree. I think they would start investigating. And I suppose somehow it would lead to Crombel and the union and the rest of the gangs. We've kinda forgotten them lately, eh? With all this thing about Rai returning to Lukedonia and all. What is actually Union's connection to the betrayal. I have a hunch that maybe the betrayal meant something more than what it seems, that even Gejutel didn't know about it. Maybe that is why he keeps on apologizing..?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a good chapter. Thanks God Rai has Franky, because of his Laconic nature everybody would misunderstand him otherwise. Rai doesn't even like to speak more than 1 stence at a time lol!

Now we will see the previous lord, what is awesome since he seems to be a really funny character, and i was hoping to see more of him! And more than knowing what started the rebellion, i want to know how it ended and what happened to the traitors clan leaders!

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would the previous Lord choose Rai as his successor? At first I was sure it was because of the Lady's character. But it turns out she's like that because her father doubted her and wanted a different person as his successor. Or did he? Maybe he wanted two successors, or decided to involve Rai in politics?

Why would he and the Kertia clan leader split their soul weapons at the same time? Did they want to set up a new fashion? Or is this some new form of governing system? Spreading power more equally among the clan members and the governing elite? But Rai can't use Ragnarok, so giving him that sword looks pointless.

I'm very confused right now, I'm even suspecting the previous Lord of making Rai disappear 820 years ago. Don't ask me why.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    Why would the previous Lord choose Rai as his successor? At first I was sure it was because of the Lady's character. But it turns out she's like that because her father doubted her and wanted a different person as his successor. Or did he? Maybe he wanted two successors, or decided to involve Rai in politics?
    That is one of the biggest question in the series. The previous lord seems to be very... desperate... in making Rai as his successor instead of his daughter. My guess would be because he believed that her daughter did not deserve the throne. That ended up making her daughter to be like what we see of her at the moment, somehow doubtful towards her own actions. I can't imagine why the previous lord would want to have two successors; but the fact that he wanted Rai as his successor instead of his daughter lead to a war between the nobles themselves (in form of rebel).

Why would he and the Kertia clan leader split their soul weapons at the same time? Did they want to set up a new fashion? Or is this some new form of governing system? Spreading power more equally among the clan members and the governing elite? But Rai can't use Ragnarok, so giving him that sword looks pointless.

I'm very confused right now, I'm even suspecting the previous Lord of making Rai disappear 820 years ago. Don't ask me why.
    Really? At the same time? Seems like I missed that one. O.o
    I wonder if the soul being split equally between the two soul weapons. I think it would be stronger on one side, like it's stronger for Rajak's soul weapon instead of Rael's soul weapon. On top of everything, the reason why it had to be split.
    I think the previous lord gave that half Ragnarok to Rai, hoping that it would be a sign that he wanted Rai to be his successor and that Rai would accept it. He failed, it seems.

And my, that is an interesting guess. But everything's possible at the moment, right? XD

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Hallelujah!! Chapter 195 is done and posted! http://egscans.com/

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Really? At the same time? Seems like I missed that one. O.o
    Um I assume the previous Kertia clan leader ad the previous Lord entered eternal sleep at the same time, the Kertia were not among the traitors. And the soul weapon seems to be passed down at the moment of death. It's interesting that they developed this unprecedented techinque in the same period of time.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Um I assume the previous Kertia clan leader ad the previous Lord entered eternal sleep at the same time, the Kertia were not among the traitors. And the soul weapon seems to be passed down at the moment of death. It's interesting that they developed this unprecedented techinque in the same period of time.
    Yes, as I recall the current clan leaders predecessors have all went to eternal sleep with the old lord.
    I'm curious to see the reason behind all the secrets. I wonder when Ragnarok and Kartas were split. Ragnarok must have been split a head of time
    before the old lord went to sleep though story wise, that's probably not important.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

My take on this:

Rai is probably stronger than the lord, perhaps the strongest amongst the Nobles. As much as he is strong, he did not desire power or misused it. His humbleness, kindness, and compassion towards the weaker beings is undeniable. Lord himself was a kind person. He acknowledged these traits and saw him as the most suited person to replace him. Of course, it may also been contributed by the fact that the current Lord, her daughter, was lacking in terms of what is required to be a Lord. To me, she isn't a good selection, at least for the time being. Well, people change with responsibility. Once she find it that there was a reason, more grander in nature, than a simple affection by her father towards Rai-she might become a different person. It is similar to Rael and Rajak. Rajak was more suited to be a clan leader than his brother, since he has this air of Nobility and maturity to be a clan leader. Long story short, the previous Lord wanted the best for Nobles and I don't see anyone disagreeing that Rai would have been the best choice as a Supreme Leader....Kneel b*#&^@s :3

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

In comes the wedding planner.

I am going to say this, although I have said it sometime before. I think that the old lords message to Raize will be that he is engaged to the current lord. Ragnarok that was left for him will be the engagement gift between their two houses.

I'm going to expect some comical scenes next week. Also, it was nice to see some of that return this chapter.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha...swords as wedding rings, that'd be indeed hilarious. So they will stab each other as in wearing the rings or something :x.

I hope we will see what message the previous lord has left for Rai. It could be a revelation. May be a message related to the betrayal and his eternal sleep.

Refresh my memory, were all previous leaders went to Eternal Sleep?

27. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast