Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who is more evil?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kuro

1 0.76%
  • Don Kreig

0 0%
  • Arlong

0 0%
  • Crocodile

3 2.29%
  • Enel

1 0.76%
  • Foxy the Silver Fox

0 0%
  • Lucci

4 3.05%
  • Spandam

3 2.29%
  • Blackbeard

21 16.03%
  • Doflamingo

13 9.92%
  • Tenryubito

40 30.53%
  • Akainu

24 18.32%
  • Hodi Jones

21 16.03%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the most evil character in One Piece?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the most evil character in One Piece?

Since a lot of people have been discussing this in the Predictions/Discussion thread of the next chapter, I figured I'd start a thread on the topic since I don't think it has much to do with the actual current or recent chapters . Also, the concept of evil is a philosophical debate and has varying opinions that go along with evaluating who actually is the most "evil" character in One Piece to show up until now. Feel free to discuss it here and I hope Mods will also add/delete/edit this thread as they see fit.

I do believe that evil in its very nature is an adverb: a description of an action. As such, no-one and no thing is actually inherently evil as the exchange between Franky and Tom-san showed us in Chapter 356. What people tend to call evil (when used as an adjective or a noun to describe something or a person), they're saying that the person or thing is evil because of actions or intentions that may have been shown. So I guess when we say "who is the most evil character in One Piece?" we're asking who has done the most evil and has the most evil intentions.

Also I'd like to add that evil has many forms and it's hard to say any one kind of evil is more evil than any other kind of evil since that's mostly a value judgment and differs from person to person. For example, there's dishonesty, disloyalty & betrayal, ignorance (which leads to fear and hate), selfishness & arrogance (which leads to stealing, cheating, lying etc.).

Some of the possible candidates we have so far include Kuro, Don Kreig, Arlong, Crocodile, Enel, Foxy the Silver Fox, Lucci, Spandam, Blackbeard, Doflamingo, Tenryubito (though not a single person), Akainu, and last but not least, Hodi Jones. Each of them have their own vices which we either glance over or cant help but hate. So let's discuss and compare them and vent at how much we hate our lovable villains .

As far as which one is most evil, I don't think I have much of a preference. However, I must admit that the reason I hated the Davy Back Fight arc most was because I couldn't stand seeing the underhanded and dishonest way Foxy and his gang played those games. I'm only saying this to give perspective that, like I said earlier, different people may have different judgments on what makes them hate a character more . Not that I think Foxy would stoop to betraying his friends or kill anyone to have his way....but evil is evil no matter the degree (which is why he's even on the list).
    Last edited by Anduren; July 17, 2011 at 05:30 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the most evil character in One Piece?

IMO i think akainu deserves 1st place since he earned it during the war with WB .....he is not only evil , this word is not enough to describe him i would also add ruthless and crazy to his "qualities"
    BB deserves 2nd place regarding the most evil character in OP and 3rd i think donflamingo though we don't know too much about him but his face is definitely evil

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hody kills even his comrades,and his dream is to kill all of the humans. but I don't know who is the worst of hody and crocodile. Crocodile made a lot of people suffer and he wasa surely the worst. after seeing him in impel down,I think he is a bit redeemed,then Hody is the most evil.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu no question about it he is the most evil character crazy,ruthless and insanely powerful, about people saying Hodi killing his comrades Akainu has no problem killing marine he killed two of them just because they are scared and almost killed Coby just because he goes against his idea of absolute justice,

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tenryubito. But I acciedentily voted for evil number 2 = AkaInu.

Sorry, can a mod change this?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprised to see someone voted for Lucci, since Akainu is a worse version of him.

I voted for Blackbeard based on his lack of morals, but Do Flamingo is a bit like him and Hody is evil too... They are people that are willing to prejudice anyone to achieve what they want.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    IMO i think akainu deserves 1st place since he earned it during the war with WB .....he is not only evil , this word is not enough to describe him i would also add ruthless and crazy to his "qualities"
    BB deserves 2nd place regarding the most evil character in OP and 3rd i think donflamingo though we don't know too much about him but his face is definitely evil
    Thanks for reminding me about Akainu's exploits. I added him in the list because I vaguely remembered people sending him hate mail back towards the end of the war but forgot why people hated him so much. Thinking back, he's not much different than Hodi is now: claiming to have a noble agenda and killing friend and foe alike who stand in his way. His goal was also complete extermination, willing to turn father against son (Squardo incident). I don't think a fishman vs human discrimination is any different than a pirate vs marine discrimination when it's been shown that there's good and bad people in each group.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For me selfishness is one of the most evil things a person can do.
    So it used to be the Tenryubito for me. But then Hodi jones came and he is even worse than those guys. Not only is he just as racist as them, but he also kills anyone he likes, wether human or other races. And the biggest problem which made him worse than the Tenryubito is, even the Tenryubito respect their own kind(other Tenryubito), but Hodi gladly sacrifice every other merman or fishman, who even once thought about helping a human, AND his own crew men, and he does not care if people would change their mind. He is the lowest of low.

Akainu is quite bad too, however he technically still wants peace. I think most of the evil he did in the war was due to the heat of the battle. I'm sure he is much more forgiving if he calms down.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he is forgiving since we know he killed a ship full of inocent people, villagers from Robin's town just because maybe some scholar could have managed to slip in the ship and he had to make sure all the 'evil' was destroyed...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of them are not evil at all.

Take Akainu for example, he's not evil. He's just fighting for a cause he think his the right one.

The Tenryubito, as much as I hate them, are not evil either. They grown being given everything, so they just don't know of any other way of life, but to take whatever they want.

To be evil, you need to be doing something only for yourself, knowing that this is evil.

From what I can see in this list, Blackbeard is the one that fits the best, as he's purposely killing people that would benefit him and he's not doing this for a greater cause, only for himself.

Unless, proven otherwise later in the manga...

Doflamingo would be a good runner-up as well.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Epic_Rider's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

Take Akainu for example, he's not evil. He's just fighting for a cause he think his the right one.
    I might agree with that, if it wasn't for the fact that he killed a Marine soldier just because he didn't want to die like a good fodder should. There was absolutely no excuse for that. You can't say he was following orders or doing it for the 'greater good' That was just plain evil.

Still, I'd have to give it to Hody, for plain malice.

Special mention to the Tenryuubito and Spandam.

The virtue of a journey rarely lies in its destination. What man is so closed to thought that he will not be brought to wonder whether it is he who moves, or the world.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

hodi can be seen as evil but i don't get why see him as the most evil .....he showed us he's a bastard and a drug addict and all but he also showed us he's a weakling and as i see it the most evil must equal with someone who's definitely strong and he's far from that ^_^....well now maybe he is but it doesn't count since he's using those drugs

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Tenryubito, as much as I hate them, are not evil either. They grown being given everything, so they just don't know of any other way of life, but to take whatever they want.

To be evil, you need to be doing something only for yourself, knowing that this is evil.
    That's a really interesting way of looking at it. I have to admit it's also something that has come up a couple of times in the story. Crocodile said (to Tashigi in Alubarna) that only the strong have the right to decide what justice is. Doflamingo also said during the war that Justice always prevails because the one who wins the war decides whats good and what's evil. A good example would also be how in a story where the Pirates are the good guys, the two having the most votes as the most evil so far are on the side of the Marines .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I can see in this list, Blackbeard is the one that fits the best, as he's purposely killing people that would benefit him and he's not doing this for a greater cause, only for himself.

Unless, proven otherwise later in the manga...

Doflamingo would be a good runner-up as well.
    I agree on the Akainu and slightly on the Tenryuubito part and that's also the reason why I can't really see Hody as truly evil. He does what he does since he thinks this is the only way to save his people. However, the Tenryuubito has been raised a certain way, yes, but they are neither kids nor retarded(debatable, I know), which means there is a level of humanity and common sense in them, at least one of them should have the normality to act kind. I mean not all of our real kings and queens have been bad and arrogant even if they were told that they were chosen by god himself.

Most of you probably know that Dofla is the one I see as the most evil, the reason is easy in my opinion and as I said before this guy could help build and nurture a whole country just to blow it up the minute after. He's truly unpredictable, lacks any sense of moral and doesn't have any affinity to anyone not even his former crew, who he gladly toyed, tortured and killed. That is also why I think BB is "less evil" than Dofla since I think he really does care for his current crew. I mean, yes, this guy is the anti Luffy but on some level they are very alike and I think one of these fields are the one about nakama. I also know that he killed a crew member but remember BB was never truly a WB pirate and was just using them.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    That's a really interesting way of looking at it. I have to admit it's also something that has come up a couple of times in the story. Crocodile said (to Tashigi in Alubarna) that only the strong have the right to decide what justice is. Doflamingo also said during the war that Justice always prevails because the one who wins the war decides whats good and what's evil. A good example would also be how in a story where the Pirates are the good guys, the two having the most votes as the most evil so far are on the side of the Marines .
    Yeah I was thinking about it too.

The fact that, since this manga is seen from the pirates point of view, the bad guys are the marines.
    But, if you take the time to see it from the marines point of view, then the "evil guys" aren't the same.

I think, for someone to be really evil, it would require him to be "evil" no matter what point of view you use.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast