Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 324 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 324 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Similar concept in the Eragon series. Basically there knowing your true name gave you power over yourself but if someone else did they can control you completely. Its possible it may be Guts' next power up. Knowing his true name could result in him reaching a mental state of nirvana and making him even more deadly. Just a hunch.
    Oh dear even more far fatched power ups coming in... can't believe what happened to Berserk

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 324 Discussión

All these breaks, and you would think that we'd get a full color chapter instead of a black/white one.
    It's depressing seeing all these manhwa on a quick bases, and then I get a Berserk chapter that last less than 20 pages and is in black/white...
    It's depressing really...I want MOARR!!!

Ok, I'll calm down now.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Evil Genius has released their scanlation. Berserk has reached average shounen level with super high quality graphics. And it used to be overall super HQ. It's a shame :/.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a pretty funny chapter thanks to Isma. I can't exactly make out what's happening to Gatts though, especially since I can't read the sfx. What's happening to him? Are the eyeballs shooting out some shockwave?

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 324 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    Oh dear even more far fatched power ups coming in... can't believe what happened to Berserk
    well it's not like everyone can use it, just spirits and fairies (all magical/mythical beings I think) so I don't get the problem. It just means that all those creatures have a true name, which can be used to cancel their transformation/power. Don't know if it will ever play a bigger role but Gutts having a hidden true name would be ridiculous.
    As I see it, the true name is just a thing to wake up the power which is already in your body and is limited to the magical beings so I doubt and hope it won't play any bigger role

Apart from that chapter was ok, not much happened but it looks like Guts is in big trouble now. I wonder how he will get out of this, seeing that the mere presence/will of the Sea God can harm him that much (at least I didn't see any kind of attack from the God)
    Hope the break won't last too long :/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure true names are limited to spirits [like Esma is a water spirit hence she had a true name] . So I am pretty sure , Gatz will have to live w/o his power up .

The only thing I fear on the other hand is that maybe Femto will have a true name [I consider him a spirit since his reborn origin is related to the other world )forgot the name)] which Guts might try to know to defeat him . I mean Femto is now nearly invincible and so are the other God-Hands .

Also the problem I found with the chapter is that now it just feels that the arc is being dragged out . I have read Berserk in Golden Age arc and it seems that the mangaka is for some odd reason trying to really reveal his biggest weakness of not being able to work with multiple scene narration properly .

Finally , for those who couldn't understand , it seems the fish were using some super sonic attack on Gatz since his armor made the physical attacks useless , so they are using his weakness of being a human and attacking him through the armor instead.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    That was a pretty funny chapter thanks to Isma. I can't exactly make out what's happening to Gatts though, especially since I can't read the sfx. What's happening to him? Are the eyeballs shooting out some shockwave?
    Yeah, Isma was quite a card this chapter, I love the way she looks at people, wide-eyed, and pushing her face up into other people's faces, if that were a guy, or she weren't so attractive, that would be a very creepy thing to do. Also seeing her flopping on the deck like a fish was hilarious (a rarity for berserk) seeing a mermaid was very cool (and finally seeing her boobs too), plus that image of them all in the ocean like that was amazing, I can't wait to see how exactly they intend to fight the sea god, though it seems like he is already dying due to guts' attack, stunning imagery and amazing concept, and that they are actually being helped by mythical creatures for once, rather than just being attacked on all sides.

As for the concept of the mythical names, whether or not I like it really depends on where the author takes it, this can be a very very cool thing, or it could be quite lame, but I suspect that it's just background noise with little effect on the plot, mythical creatures exist, now they can be human civilians too, and you can change them to their true form by calling out this name.

Btw, another hilarious one was when isma was about to say her true name, and that crewmate guy was listening in attentively. Also I think the fish were sucking the air out of the room, along with the sea god expanding his chest cavity, causing guts to depressurize and suffer a bad case of the bends, which was what made him bleed like that, could be sound though, I would think that would just be your ears if that were the case.
    Last edited by winterwyrm; July 26, 2011 at 04:56 PM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    I am pretty sure true names are limited to spirits [like Esma is a water spirit hence she had a true name] . So I am pretty sure , Gatz will have to live w/o his power up .

The only thing I fear on the other hand is that maybe Femto will have a true name [I consider him a spirit since his reborn origin is related to the other world )forgot the name)] which Guts might try to know to defeat him . I mean Femto is now nearly invincible and so are the other God-Hands .

Also the problem I found with the chapter is that now it just feels that the arc is being dragged out . I have read Berserk in Golden Age arc and it seems that the mangaka is for some odd reason trying to really reveal his biggest weakness of not being able to work with multiple scene narration properly .

Finally , for those who couldn't understand , it seems the fish were using some super sonic attack on Gatz since his armor made the physical attacks useless , so they are using his weakness of being a human and attacking him through the armor instead.

I was always under the impession that Griffith/femto isn't exactly invincible because he was reborn in a body. Unlike the other God Hands who are purely spiritual Griffith was reborn on earth so that he could do with it what he wants. I'm guessing this means that they have to have human forms to interact with the world. So unless the other GodHands decide to be reborn on earth I don't think they are going to be the ones that Gatts hunts. I think their roles are limited to roles of...well..gods I guess. Watch over and tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Yeah, Isma was quite a card this chapter, I love the way she looks at people, wide-eyed, and pushing her face up into other people's faces, if that were a guy, or she weren't so attractive, that would be a very creepy thing to do. Also seeing her flopping on the deck like a fish was hilarious (a rarity for berserk) seeing a mermaid was very cool (and finally seeing her boobs too), plus that image of them all in the ocean like that was amazing, I can't wait to see how exactly they intend to fight the sea god, though it seems like he is already dying due to guts' attack, stunning imagery and amazing concept, and that they are actually being helped by mythical creatures for once, rather than just being attacked on all sides.

As for the concept of the mythical names, whether or not I like it really depends on where the author takes it, this can be a very very cool thing, or it could be quite lame, but I suspect that it's just background noise with little effect on the plot, mythical creatures exist, now they can be human civilians too, and you can change them to their true form by calling out this name.

Btw, another hilarious one was when isma was about to say her true name, and that crewmate guy was listening in attentively. Also I think the fish were sucking the air out of the room, along with the sea god expanding his chest cavity, causing guts to depressurize and suffer a bad case of the bends, which was what made him bleed like that, could be sound though, I would think that would just be your ears if that were the case.
    Yup I agree. Those were all moments I laughed at during the manga. I also laughed when she that Isidoro was trying to say tits when he was pointing out she had a tail! lol! Oh yeah and of course the fact that she wasn't aware of her change was funny to. Oh and the kid chewing on it lol!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ah kopta. Don't worry too much about the direction of Berserk at this moment. Just wish for this arc to end so we can move on.

The sooper sekrit names are indeed, as mentioned, limited to spiritual creatures. I believe Puck will become a "proper elf" in time. But I don't really care about that. I can live without a volume dedicated to his character development or whatever.

Guts will come out of this battle almost dying, and they'll have to arrive at the Elf Island in time to save him. So elf island after this battle is the next arc, most definitely. It cannot be avoided anymore.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The merrow is so sexy.Elf Island here we come.Caska shall return and the group well finally learn about there son.

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by absolute Zero View Post
    Caska shall return and the group well finally learn about there son.
    I know this question has been brought up, but I think I missed the response. Is that weird magical kid really their child? I always thought Griffith used Caska by raping/impregnating her with his seed and then using that abnormal birth of child seed to be brought about to the real world.

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member You Say's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

You should brought up this question probably in Berserk Discussion thread. No, there still wasn't a official confirmation that this little rascal is Gutss and Cascas child so we don't know if he is their son or not. I actually hope that he isn't. It would ruin all that tragedy that their son is gone (or just his mind if you want, body is Griffith now) and that's the last thing that "now-happy-Berserk" need.

You know what Sea God? Kill them, kill them all! Except Guts, Casca and Puck (I hate his comedy mode, though).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

At least in these issues we have pleanty of images of a heart with eyes. You know, like my personal obsession in this manga: Idea of Evil.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no theories about that child whatsoever. I'll just patiently wait for Miura to unfold it for me hehehe.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    ah kopta. Don't worry too much about the direction of Berserk at this moment. Just wish for this arc to end so we can move on.

The sooper sekrit names are indeed, as mentioned, limited to spiritual creatures. I believe Puck will become a "proper elf" in time. But I don't really care about that. I can live without a volume dedicated to his character development or whatever.

Guts will come out of this battle almost dying, and they'll have to arrive at the Elf Island in time to save him. So elf island after this battle is the next arc, most definitely. It cannot be avoided anymore.
    The Golden Age Arc consisted of roughly 102 episodes, the Conviction Arc consisted of 82 episodes, the Hawk of the Millennium Empire Arc consisted of 131 episodes, and we're just 17 episodes in this new arc alone...

Let's say that the Fantasia Arc lasts for 100 episodes... Miura makes about 10 episodes a year. That's about 10 years for this arc to last.

I predict that an answer or means to defeat the Godhand aren't even in this story arc. Maybe in the next one, so.....

I'm just saying to all the complainers ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE DIRECTION BERSERK IS HEADING FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS?
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast