Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 324 Discussion

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 324 Discussión

hahaha indeed. However, I think 100 more chapters of the fantasia arc will answer a lot of things. His arcs do have a lot of things happening. :/

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think If the pace was like this during 'The Lost Children' Chapter I would of had the same feelings regarding this chapter. But since I was able to read it all at once I reckon it was bloody epic. I did with the Falconia chapter too when I waited I was like...uh nothings happen (Until Skull Knight came lol) but then reading vol 33,34 together it was really really good.
    This chapter is called the Island of elfs and we yet to see one so I think we could be like 40% in this chapter so far.
    All those Merrows attacking (Do they really stand a chance lol) I think the Sea god will move them all closer to elfheim (was that the name?) and the elves attack it because guts is in trouble with his ear drums.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

now that I think about it, the first few arcs were all about the dark but still magical creatures. Godhand, demons amok. Now we're moving to the parts where he introduces the more "brighter" creatures, you could say. There has to be some "white" equivalent to the Godhand, it's just not logical if there were none because then the Berserk world would just be too imbalanced and hopeless and could not have existed for so long before destroying itself if there were no "good" magical camp.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ You mean a group that is like the god hand but pure/good. Not likely the story has portrayed the god hand to be up on everything but if there is a good group that is like the god hand then the elf king from elfheim is part of it or knows a lot of information about them.

I would like to see this happen, we could see more gods in the world now too that are good and are against the god hand.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

meh, I always liked the point of view of Griffith when he spoke to Guts after fighting Zodd. Is there really a difference between god and the devil? God Hand may appear to be the absolute evil to some of the characters in Berserk, but to others, they are the saviors.

I see no direct need for a ying and yang philosophy here. It's just a matter of perspective.

Of course, you always have people who oppose the authority (Guts and the like). Again, to some, they may actually appear to be the evil/bad ones.

The thing I love about Berserk is the lack of an obvious good and evil in the story. I get very bored with cookie cutter plots and stories, good vs evil, etc. When Guts fights, it's hard to tell what "side" he's on and I love that. Also, Griffith can be thought of as the absolute evil in the world from the perspective of certain character. But to others, he is the savior.

It's somewhat of a complicated situation and I think it's awesome. Guts isn't some divine protector of good out to save everyone. In some points in the story, he pretty much kills anyone who is in the way of his path. And Griffith isn't out to be the "savior" of the world either, he just following the dream/path he choose, regardless of who he had to sacrifice.

It's great.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course I don't exactly mean yin/yang, or that there has to be an exact opposite of the Godhand etc.

What I mean is that, there must be more creatures out there that have different motives that don't give a shit about evil. Take for example the witch who just stayed peacefully in her little forest- or the mermaids who couldn't be part of the previous war. Creatures that lay dormant, the elf king, for example, that when rallied forth, we can find hope in for the same cause.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    The Golden Age Arc consisted of roughly 102 episodes, the Conviction Arc consisted of 82 episodes, the Hawk of the Millennium Empire Arc consisted of 131 episodes, and we're just 17 episodes in this new arc alone...

Let's say that the Fantasia Arc lasts for 100 episodes... Miura makes about 10 episodes a year. That's about 10 years for this arc to last.

I predict that an answer or means to defeat the Godhand aren't even in this story arc. Maybe in the next one, so.....

I'm just saying to all the complainers ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE DIRECTION BERSERK IS HEADING FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS?
    We would be lukcy if Miura would still be alive after 10 years.
    The main reason I stopped reading Berserk is because of the shitty pace lately, and Miura. There's so much things that need to be told, I don't know how the hell is he gonna do it.

I'm also annoyed that I have to read like 3/4 chapters before I read the last chapter just to remember what happened. I love Berserk, but I hate Miura's ways.

Anyway, even after this Fantasia Arc, Berserk won't end... Like hell Gatts would kill Griffith with just his new armor... He'll have a new power up, but how and when ? Dunno. Because of that I feel that this manga will never end thanks to Miura.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    We would be lukcy if Miura would still be alive after 10 years.
    The main reason I stopped reading Berserk is because of the shitty pace lately, and Miura. There's so much things that need to be told, I don't know how the hell is he gonna do it.

I'm also annoyed that I have to read like 3/4 chapters before I read the last chapter just to remember what happened. I love Berserk, but I hate Miura's ways.

Anyway, even after this Fantasia Arc, Berserk won't end... Like hell Gatts would kill Griffith with just his new armor... He'll have a new power up, but how and when ? Dunno. Because of that I feel that this manga will never end thanks to Miura.
    Well his current pace has been the same for years, so I don't know when you started reading it. You just have to get used to it. I don't see the story lasting much longer passed this arc. Its all coming to a climax anyways.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
    meh, I always liked the point of view of Griffith when he spoke to Guts after fighting Zodd. Is there really a difference between god and the devil? God Hand may appear to be the absolute evil to some of the characters in Berserk, but to others, they are the saviors.

I see no direct need for a ying and yang philosophy here. It's just a matter of perspective.

Of course, you always have people who oppose the authority (Guts and the like). Again, to some, they may actually appear to be the evil/bad ones.

The thing I love about Berserk is the lack of an obvious good and evil in the story. I get very bored with cookie cutter plots and stories, good vs evil, etc. When Guts fights, it's hard to tell what "side" he's on and I love that. Also, Griffith can be thought of as the absolute evil in the world from the perspective of certain character. But to others, he is the savior.

It's somewhat of a complicated situation and I think it's awesome. Guts isn't some divine protector of good out to save everyone. In some points in the story, he pretty much kills anyone who is in the way of his path. And Griffith isn't out to be the "savior" of the world either, he just following the dream/path he choose, regardless of who he had to sacrifice.

It's great.
    Yes Guts' character to me is a lot like Batman's. That is he is easily perceived as a bad guy when his intentions are mostly good. Granted Miura has done a great job of going with the true definition of evil. Throughout history and religious texts the "devil" is always a deceiver. He is someone who gains followers through lies and disguise which is something Griffith is doing right now. But yes Miura also did a good job developing sympathy for Griffith so he isn't just a bad guy he is someone people can understand and therefor hate even more.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

~Berserk view of religions~

Christianity = Satan worshippers
    Japanese natural religions = good

Simplified.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Well his current pace has been the same for years, so I don't know when you started reading it. You just have to get used to it. I don't see the story lasting much longer passed this arc. Its all coming to a climax anyways.
    I don't know... I don't see it ending already. Two reasons : Guts' current strenght. Let's not forget, right now not only Griffith is strong, but he's surrounded with both an army of Apostles, and humans.

And also this : http://www.mangareader.net/96-1133-1...hapter-13.html and this http://www.mangareader.net/96-1133-1...hapter-13.html

We have yet to see what this world is gonna become, obviously, Griffith's sacred crusade (if you I may call it like that) will lead to something more bigger and darker than just him having his own kingdom. It's still too early to end, there's so many things, so many match ups (Guts vs Zodd for example, Skull Knight, the Behelit that Guts carries with him)... There's still many many things left that won't end in just 2/3 volumes, it will probably need more than 6 volumes at best to finish this up.

If Miura is so slow with this, he could've at least avoided some unecessary things : Pirates, Trolls (seriously, I thought it was waste of time)... Even this whole God of the Sea could've been avoided.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 324 Discussion

Don't they make a point about how the gods and such worshipped by the organized religions were the same ones Shierke was calling on to use her magic, and how they were all interrelated and how it was humans' intolerance that was causing problems...

I think this Sea God arc will probably end in the next batch of chapters. It looks about over and Guts was at the beast's heart. It's been a sort of intro-arc to the Fantasia Chapter. Though it's possible they could learn some important overall-story-relevant thing when they kill the Sea God.
    Then maaaybe they'll get to Elf Island...

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    ~Berserk view of religions~

Christianity = Satan worshippers
    Japanese natural religions = good

Simplified.
    That's a biased view of things, what Mirua obviously showed us was a Vatican that looked exatcly like the Vatican back in the 15th century or before.

Just because that dumb Mozgus and his pawn were fanatical killers doesn't mean that Christianity is about Satan Worshippers. The proof is in the troll arc where he showed us a priest who didn't believe in Schierke at first (and I don't blame him for that), and in the end, he said a fantastic sentence : " Tolerance is also god's way " (or something close to that). Religion can be easily used in a good way or not, it's all about the person.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member verseatyle's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one can only hope this sea god chapter end soon cause some story progression would be nice... but I'm not ungrateful. Love Berserk and thinking could Guts sustain a serious injury due to what we saw when he was inside this "god" of the sea? Me thinks he'll barely make it thanks to succumbing to the armor or via Shrieke(?), either one pushing someone to the brink... who knows what Muira has in store but I can't wait!

Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by verseatyle View Post
    I for one can only hope this sea god chapter end soon cause some story progression would be nice... but I'm not ungrateful. Love Berserk and thinking could Guts sustain a serious injury due to what we saw when he was inside this "god" of the sea? Me thinks he'll barely make it thanks to succumbing to the armor or via Shrieke(?), either one pushing someone to the brink... who knows what Muira has in store but I can't wait!
    To me this Sea God is incredibly important to the story. I don't understand why nobody seems to see it .

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how. I mean, it's an apostle pretty much like Ganishka, but Ganishka embodied Hell, while Sea God embodied the Sea. Both are gigantic, and so far all I see is a Guts' equivalent to Griffith's defeat of Ganishka. If it meant to say Guts is catching up with Griffith, I would rather see his sword explained a bit, or him actually hurting one of the God-hands, even if it was just a scratch into one of their toes.

Also, Isma seems like will join the group as an element manipulator: Fire (Isidoro), Wind (Serpico) and now Water (Isma). All that's left is Earth, and with a bit of knowledge, Guts' group might get as strong as Griffith's. Guts' group is the folklore, special characters that some claim to have seen but everyone has heard about, while Griffith's one is the official lore, displayed for everyone to see and often meant to deceive and control the people. This is a fight that goes on everyday in our culture.
    Last edited by Jack Van Burace; August 28, 2011 at 10:08 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast