Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: SAINT SEIYA - NEXT DIMENSION by Masami Kuramada

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

SAINT SEIYA - NEXT DIMENSION by Masami Kuramada

I thought this manga deserved its own thread considering how popular the original series and the lost canvas was. More so considering it is the actual cannonical continuation and prequel of the original manga. Currently the chapters 1-23 and 30-35 have been scanlated in english. the ones in between can be found in spanish though.

Anyways, any thoughts?

manga info page, if anyone's interested ~saladesu
    Last edited by saladesu; July 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SAINT SEIYA - NEXT DIMENSION by Masami Kuramada

Actually it is the sequel to the original series if I'm not mistaken while Lost Canvas was the prequel. So far I've read until chapter 35 and I still don't understand why Shun had problems defeating the Gold Saint who guarded his temple. I do like the theme that Kuramada uses history once again repeat itself. While adding new stuff like that Angel dude.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's actually both, sequel and prequel as the manga takes place at the present and the past holy war right? Anyways, thats just semantics lol.

As for why shun could not fight on par with the gold saint, I would think there is a simple explanation past him being a bronze saint. Shun has fought on the level with gold saints before but that is not something which was easy before, it was always momentary as was the case with the other bronze saints. Basically, while he can access his seventh sense he cannot do it as regularly as the gold saints as he has yet to actually master it. Of course shion would school shun if he does not use his seventh sense lol. I know the idea is kinda weird given that these guys got to the 8th sense but I still don't get the impression they have had the chance to master even the 7th sense to the degree the gold saints did.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha I see it now lol.

Thanks for clarifing it though. I totally forgot that they 'powered up', in order to defeat their opponents and didn't have enough time to focus on their training since they're running out of time in order to save Seiya. But I do hope that they will master the seventh sense to a better degree because I don't want a whole repetition of the bronze saints driven into a corner again only for them to attain it for a short period of time. This time around there opponents won't only be the gold saints, the pope, the spectres or maybe Hades again but also Athena's sister will interfere. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think this particular part will take much longer. Even the hades 12 house battle was reasonably short for the most part and this entire section of the manga is basically a repetition of that. Heck, how obvious is it that suikyo means to revive the atena god cloth (which for some reason did not get there with her) by slaying atena? Of course, this guy is doing perfectly alone while before it required the combined efforts of half a dozen gold saints.

I also wonder if saga will be explained now. The guy right now seems a bit like saga in that he has two personalities. It makes sense since they are both the gemini saints but I always wondered if there was a specific reason for the personality changes. If I recall during the hades arc the change in hair color shun went through when he was possessed by hades was compared to saga's. In that regard it would seem like there is an evil presence constantly hounding the gemini saint and disguising as an evil counterpart. Wonder if there will be a second gemini saint considering everything... Only thing that would stop me from believing there is a second gemini saint is that in this case the shown own has a name for each personality.... It would be kinda like there could be 3 or 4 different names for the gemini saint lol.

New Reply