Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 344 Discussion/345 Prediction Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz Gantz 344 Discussion/345 Prediction Thread

Chapter is out, you can get it here.
    Last edited by Charlie; July 20, 2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: link fix
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 344 Discussion/345 Prediction Thread

holy shit some sort of massive spider with a giant, spiky testicle.

Tae is in trouble. Oku's really pushing the limits here.. This is about as extreme as you can get. If she gets out of this one alive she can survive anything.

Have to wait for a translation to figure out what the hell Kei1 is up to. Somehow alien science appears to have solved all his problems...
    Last edited by Damura; July 20, 2011 at 06:09 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Fra (the giant) has a program (it's used to search missing pets) that can make tridimensional images from people's minds.

She just "scanned" Tae's image from Kurono's head and now she is going to search for her.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck dealing with this situation without hurting the naked folks, Japan Team.

And I lol'd at Takeshi saying to Nishi "you're a good person" and Nishi answering "Don't f*** with me or I'm gonna kill you !"
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Lol so in other words Nishi Said "Your welcome" XD His threats are so weak and emo these days lol.
    Wow looking at that picture with the aliens dropping, not a single human is dead. The team are all pissing themselves except for spiky white hair dude. Oku really man another chapter wasted on Tae..8 pages which could of been 3 but I guess he needed to fill the chapter up and end of a cliff hanger but serious Tae is prob going to be saved again or something. Someone is going to do a BOOM HEADSHOT on that alien but still she should be hurt from the fall unless she falls on his/her leg. But this looks like the only time she is going to die beside the bug on her back that time.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Quite a bit was devoted to Tae but getting a glimpse at the other groups was all we needed at this point. Anyone think the soldiers can pull off a miraculous rescue at this point? They've got about half a second to stop Tae's head from being squashed.

It may be the case that Kei tracks the body only to be moments too late... the price he paid for saving those civilians?

If that's what Nishi said he's way overthetop with his remarks. He looks like he's going somewhere? Wonder if he has a plan. It's possible that there are other Gantz balls in Tokyo. We've briefly seen another team, so perhaps he knows about them? I still want to know whether Nishi has any weapons atm.

That building is swarming with strange aliens... I'm convinced that the 'human' ones are controlled by some sort of fungus now! Looks like it's down to Nerdo and Anzu. The others are separated by a HUGE mutant thing. One of it's facial expressions made it look like it was in pain or something to me. Oddly it didn't seem as though the civilians/Osakans are even aware of it atm. Think they would have commented on the noise.
    Last edited by Damura; July 20, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The cliffhanger does seem kind of pointless, she's been on so much "danger" that it's like crying wolf now. Anyone could see this scene and think, ya nothing is gonna happen she'll somehow live, like the aliens arm falls off for some reason and then she gains the ability to fly.

lol maybe Cherry will save her and die from reaching his limit. Not sure how big the facility is but the fact that out of all the plots Cherry wasn't shown he'll prolly play the savior. The only thing that would really make that cliffhanger interesting though is if she actually died or maybe her leg gets ripped off. Granted it does sound mean and gruesome it's just getting out of hand to keep putting her in danger only to be miraculously saved unscathed. On the plus she does have a wound on her leg now so that's something lol.

But ya my bet is on Cherry saving her all of a sudden their head's explode Tae falls and Cherry uses his powers to levitate her from falling to her death. After that he could either continue on his mission or clear his head and consider Kurono's feelings of how it must feel to have a loved one missing and consider that he doesn't want him to go through the same pain as him and help Tae out(most likely getting killed in the process lol).

The swarm the other kurono and group are with though got me thinking that maybe it's not mind control but artificially created humans for food purposes. Judging from the machines and such and lack of really caring whether a human is fat or not it seems we give them a good supply of bone marrow or something cause it's definitely not from the meat. It seems like they eat us like beef jerky making use of whatever is on us even to the point where they eat us raw.

It's possible the artificial ones don't provide the same nutrients so they are instead used as disposable fighters to subdue any escaping humans. Granted overall if we are a means of food to them you would think they would try harder to force us into working like cows in terms of forcing pregnancies and raising "cattle" when young but with just enough knowledge to survive.

Hm, it is odd when you think about it there true motive is kind of unclear, we think they want to take over the planet since perhaps their planet was destroyed, we've seen that they are basically cutting the blood out of us such as with cattle when they are slain and drained of their blood so the meat does not go bad and is easier to keep pure. Then we have a scene where Gantz is depicted as the enemy and the aliens want to make peace with the world. The latter is the absolute lie which many should see since the aliens have alerady shown brute force and forced humans onto their ship to be treated like cows.

While it wound sound goofy if the whole reason behind this was because humans are good eating, it would at least be more unique then just wanting to take over the planet lol. So August 4th til next chapter I think? Hopefully it does continue with Tae just so we can see what happens there, it's hard to say which plot point they should put more focus on they all have their interesting points though if I had to choose I would go with Nishi and Takeshi just cause that whole plot point is a mystery to me. Right now out of everyone they are completly in the dark, at least Tae has the objective of staying alive, Kurono finding Tae, Cherry slaughtering all the aliens, and other kurono's team trying to get out of the mess they are in since they have a conflict going on with them.

What I find interesting about Nish/Takeshi is we've seen the limit of the Gantz suit in Takeshi and there are no signs that he'll actually be able to regenerate the suit since I think the only way it recharges in with each "game". Nishi still has some power with him however his odd sense of valor has left them without a weapon to defend themselves with. Overall I would get Nishi is in a desperate attempt to find a Gantz ball that he can make use of, perhaps he is trying to recall where those soldiers taht called upon them once are stationed at and plan to ally himself with them to at least obtain some weapons to use in the fight. Another two weeks though, it's to bad there aren't more pages per chatper it be nice to see more of the story progressing since there is so much to cover now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Tae isn't in any trouble.

If she were to die just a couple seconds after where we left off, we would've seen it. Instead we got another pointless cliffhanger of Tae about to die, and we know it ain't gonna happen. If she's ever going to die, it's going to be when Kei's close enough to witness it.

Anzu and Nerdo? They look seriously fucked.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member M-Hario's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Scan is out guys, enjoy it.

Thanks to mote for the translation!

http://mangatopia.net/manga/gantz-en/chapter/344/

See you in next chapter
    Recruiting Translators for seinen manga!

Utopia v3.0 scantrad

13. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's leaving?

That's... kind of disappointing...
    Ah, well.

Looks like everyone's going to live once again.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rye's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder will a deus ex machina appear to save Tae. I can see cherry saving her. Happened to walk by.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm amused by the 'Her chance for a miracle are quickly running out..
    I guess it be her last miracle.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously? I lucked out and saw a new chapter, but this is ridiculous. Gantz is falling huge in my reading priority. 2 weeks of waiting so i can watch tae for 17pg and 1pg of plot. Im so tired of this.. Its been like 20 chapters of tae running. 20 chapters X 2weeks per chapter + the time he skipped chapters and you almost have a useless year. Warcraft lost a few million fans for not entertaining for a few months. Oku needs a slap. Wake up, get moving on plot or characters we actually like. Willing to pray to buhdda, jesus or steve irwin.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by halfcrzy View Post
    Seriously? I lucked out and saw a new chapter, but this is ridiculous. Gantz is falling huge in my reading priority. 2 weeks of waiting so i can watch tae for 17pg and 1pg of plot. Im so tired of this.. Its been like 20 chapters of tae running. 20 chapters X 2weeks per chapter + the time he skipped chapters and you almost have a useless year. Warcraft lost a few million fans for not entertaining for a few months. Oku needs a slap. Wake up, get moving on plot or characters we actually like. Willing to pray to buhdda, jesus or steve irwin.
    "Her chances for a miracle are quickly running out." NOT QUICK ENOUGH. Her head is a split second away from being ripped off. Either Oku saves her 1 more time or she dies either way this looks hopeful that tae will occupy fewer chapters in the future.

One Gantzer said they may be in hell but since they are still inside the ship my best guess is thet they are in some sort of secure space for dangerous captured aliens. Giants can just teleport enemies there and let them duke it out, while sitting back and watching the fight. Remind you of anything?

Lastly, that alien technology to read a brain is so cool, their technology really is way above ours.
    Devour this Manga

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast