Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto

128 84.77%
  • Jiraiya

23 15.23%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto vs Jiraiya

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto vs Jiraiya

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    However, people are going to argue that Naruto is too fast for Jiraiya to deal with thanks to RK mode.

Yet people thought Jiraiya could somehow deal with a jutsu like Amaterasu that is near instant and burns hotter than anything in the manga. Or that he could dodge Sussano's arrows, again, jutsu so fast that Kakashi had to use Kamui because even he, who has better reflexes and is as fast if not faster than Jiraiya couldn't dodge.
    But Naruto in RK mode is arguably faster than Amaterasu and Sussano's arrows.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end, I don't understand you people. That's basically it. Getting up in a tizzy because the upgraded Naruto is assumed to take Jiraiya, while Sasuke, who has been upgraded but not been shown took a loss...Even if they were both shown before an upgrade, match-ups count anyway. Sasuke can beat some people Naruto cant, and vice-versa. Will the stream of tears over Sasuke never end? It is like seeing Sakura in every thread.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

4. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    In the end, I don't understand you people. That's basically it. Getting up in a tizzy because the upgraded Naruto is assumed to take Jiraiya, while Sasuke, who has been upgraded but not been shown took a loss...Even if they were both shown before an upgrade, match-ups count anyway. Sasuke can beat some people Naruto cant, and vice-versa. Will the stream of tears over Sasuke never end? It is like seeing Sakura in every thread.
    Naruto is just too fast. Sasuke wasn't able to keep up to A when he wasn't full power. Naruto dodged a full power A at less than point blank range. Either way, it doesn't matter if Jiraiya is fast enough to react that speed, even if he were fast enough to react to that speed, unlike Amaterasu, which isn't insta-kill, the Rasenshuriken is.

What does the Sasuke vs. Jiraiya thread have anything to do here, anyways? It's about what happens in the manga. In the manga, Naruto's damn near the speed of light. In the manga, Naruto has the strongest jutsu seen so far. In the manga, Naruto can practically fart Rasengans. As much as I'd love Jiraiya to take this, unlike the Sasuke arguments, I have none here against Naruto. And it's not fanboyism 'cause Naruto ain't even in my top 5 favorite characters in Naruto.

Hell, look at my avatar. I'm damn near voting against myself .

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Katz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First time in the tournament that I can't bring myself to vote for J-man, he had a great run in this but Naruto with RK mode is just above IMO, RIP j-man hopefully u don't get edo zombie'd

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby
    Jiraiya had a good run, and his having reached the Semi-finals is proof of his awesomeness
    LOL!

I could say that Naruto is too fast for Jiraiya, aswell as too fast for him to reach Sage Mode. But it will be ignored.

I could mention that he has a chakra reserve so massive he could out-stamina Jiraiya, someone with one of the biggest chakra reserves, and still be capable of spamming multiple stronger-than-S-rank jutsu. But it will be ignored.

I could even tell you all that every attack in Naruto's repertoire completely overwhelms all of Jiraiya's if he's in RM mode. But it'd be ignored too.

Jiraiya's a better ninja than Naruto, this much is obvious to anyone. But that means nothing when he's incapable of reaching a speed where he can react or counter to his movements, nor make the one lucky hit he gets actually hurt him. It was annoying to see Sasuke belittled against Jiraiya to the point that some considered them equals, and I expected to see Kakashi belittled, but not as massively as Sasuke. But if you're really, REALLY trying to make yourself believe he could beat Naruto then you do so at giving up all credibility.

And I'm gonna try my damnedest to make that my only post in here, because I WILL be banned if I continue replying in Jiraiya threads. Vote how you will.
    Last edited by ninjabot; July 22, 2011 at 06:08 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto will distract Jiraiya with that new super ero-justu he mentioned in the first chapter of part II and then Rasengan him with his superior speed in Rk mode. That's the secret as to how Naruto can beat Jiraiya while Sasuke can't, so you can all stop complaining.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this is easy to say,naturo supassed jiraya in sennin-mode and defeated pein while jiraya did a great fight but loss against him and of course naruto win this fight and believe me, jiraya will be proud that's what jiraya was expecting to happen. jiraya's pupil getting better than the teacher and surpassing the old generation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    LOL!

I could say that Naruto is too fast for Jiraiya, aswell as too fast for him to reach Sage Mode. But it will be ignored.

I could mention that he has a chakra reserve so massive he could out-stamina Jiraiya, someone with one of the biggest chakra reserves, and still be capable of spamming multiple stronger-than-S-rank jutsu. But it will be ignored.

I could even tell you all that every attack in Naruto's repertoire completely overwhelms all of Jiraiya's if he's in RM mode. But it'd be ignored too.

Jiraiya's a better ninja than Naruto, this much is obvious to anyone. But that means nothing when he's incapable of reaching a speed where he can react or counter to his movements, nor make the one lucky hit he gets actually hurt him. It was annoying to see Sasuke belittled against Jiraiya to the point that some considered them equals, and I expected to see Kakashi belittled, but not as massively as Sasuke. But if you're really, REALLY trying to make yourself believe he could beat Naruto then you do so at giving up all credibility.

And I'm gonna try my damnedest to make that my only post in here, because I WILL be banned if I continue replying in Jiraiya threads. Vote how you will.
    Dude, if you read the rest of my post, you would've read that no matter how much I love Jiraiya, I see no way for him to dodge or counter any of Naruto's new skills. So I don't get it, were you agreeing with or disagreeing with me?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys make no sense at all, how can naruto defend agaisnt frog genjutsu of Jiraiya sage mode? Hein? In case you pull out the crap of he being in control of kyuubi let me remind you it takes the kyuubi itself to disrupt the chackra so this is a sure win for jiraiya...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FallFromHaven View Post
    Sasuke loses to Jiraiya, yet Naruto beats him easily? The logic of some of you is simpley ridiculous.....
    The logic is called bias. People like Jiraiya more, so they vote for him. People dislike Sasuke more so they vote for Jiraiya.

I say Jiraiya beats Naruto though. Yeah, Naruto's got Sage Mode and Rikudou Mode, but he doesn't have the jutsu that Jiraiya does. Jiraiya has Swamp of the Underworld, can create a rasengan faster than Naruto, and is pretty good in taijutsu. If he summons Ma and Pa to get into Sage Mode, he'll have better chance. Seeing as how Naruto never summoned Ma and Pa the way Jiraiya did, he won't know what JIraiya is doing. Jiraiya can summon a toad to defend against Naruto's barrage, or Naruto can make a mistake and summon a toad to counter Jiraiya's toad. I doubt Naruto will do that though, he'll know his speed in Rikudou mode or strength in Sage Mode would be enough.

I don't see Naruto dodging Swamp of the Underworld though, or possibly getting out of it quickly enough, it'd buy Jiraiya time to either go for a killing move or get into Sage Mode.

Though Naruto can get into Sage Mode, if he's not, and be able to tank most attacks he gets.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    However, people are going to argue that Naruto is too fast for Jiraiya to deal with thanks to RK mode.

Yet people thought Jiraiya could somehow deal with a jutsu like Amaterasu that is near instant and burns hotter than anything in the manga. Or that he could dodge Sussano's arrows, again, jutsu so fast that Kakashi had to use Kamui because even he, who has better reflexes and is as fast if not faster than Jiraiya couldn't dodge.
    Where do we get "Kakashi is faster and has better reflexes than Jiraiya from"? Even though you didnt say it directly..

@ xXan
    Hiraishin is as much a Jutsu as Raiton armour that enhances Raikages speed :P... I know you probably meant is as a joke, but just pointing that out.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing the faces of the toads when they are summoned by Jiraiya and Naruto would be priceless. They are just like "F*** this!"and leave....LOL

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The logic is called bias. People like Jiraiya more, so they vote for him. People dislike Sasuke more so they vote for Jiraiya.

I say Jiraiya beats Naruto though. Yeah, Naruto's got Sage Mode and Rikudou Mode, but he doesn't have the jutsu that Jiraiya does. Jiraiya has Swamp of the Underworld, can create a rasengan faster than Naruto, and is pretty good in taijutsu. If he summons Ma and Pa to get into Sage Mode, he'll have better chance. Seeing as how Naruto never summoned Ma and Pa the way Jiraiya did, he won't know what JIraiya is doing. Jiraiya can summon a toad to defend against Naruto's barrage, or Naruto can make a mistake and summon a toad to counter Jiraiya's toad. I doubt Naruto will do that though, he'll know his speed in Rikudou mode or strength in Sage Mode would be enough.

I don't see Naruto dodging Swamp of the Underworld though, or possibly getting out of it quickly enough, it'd buy Jiraiya time to either go for a killing move or get into Sage Mode.

Though Naruto can get into Sage Mode, if he's not, and be able to tank most attacks he gets.
    I dunno if you are serious or not..but, gonna post an answer anyways xD.

Naruto can summon hundreds of clones or simply use RM's chakra arms to quickly get out of the Swamp, and a couple of chapters ago Naruto showed that he can create SIX Rasengans in the same time it takes J-Man to make one, and a SM Naruto (it takes him about 3 secs tops to get in SM) surpasses that of a Base J-Man AND a SM J-Man. And SM Naruto already showed he can send summons flying in SM so no problem there. So, Naruto takes this.

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post

How is it bias if Naruto's upgrade was shown while Sasuke's has not been for quite some time? It isn't like we, the readers, control the timing of these things. We all reasonably know that Naruto and Sasuke are of a similar power level after their upgrades, but we have no way to account for Sasuke's EMS jutsu, I think that is why he lost. Old Sasuke can be beaten by Jiraiya while new Sasuke will likely wtfpwn him. Blame Kishi for not planning his manga to match a homemade tournament.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

23. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto wins for sure. Like what others are saying. Naruto's upgrades are being shown while Sasuke's upgrades hasn't. As of now I think Naruto would win against Jiraiya because his RM cloak, clones, and SM. Old Sasuke can lose to Jiraiya but EMS Sasuke could defeat him and I'm positive of that. I think if Naruto wasn't so weak against genjutsu he could take on Sasuke easily now.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast