Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto

128 84.77%
  • Jiraiya

23 15.23%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto vs Jiraiya

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto vs Jiraiya

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Naruto is currently amongst the most powerful and deadly shinobi on the planet and is the current Jinchuuriki of the Nine-Tails, having fully tamed its chakra, achieving what has been called “Rikudou Mode”. He has also taken Rasengan to a level that its creator, Namikaze Minato, could only dream of by creating the monstrous Fuuton Rasenshuriken. Additionally he has mastered the ancient arts of Sage Mode and is able to greatly enhance his body and abilities with it. Naruto is known for being highly unpredictable in battle and a cunning fighter, and is a master of the Kage Bunshin technique, which is also his favorite technique in battle.

Jiraiya is a renown man of many names and holds a reputation as a shinobi of enormous power. He often summons toads in battle, one of his most famous summons is the giant frog Gamabunta, but his perhaps greatest and most powerful summons are the Elder Frogs, Shima and Fukasaku who can help Jiraiya get into his most powerful form, Sage Mode, to greatly enhance his abilities and body. Both in and outside of Sage Mode Jiraiya has a vast arsenal of techniques like the hair needle, lion mane, swamp of the underworld and fire element techniques. Jiraiya is also able to produce oil, powerful genjutsu while in Sage Mode, perform advanced sealing techniques, create powerful barriers and last but not least, he's able to perform the Rasengan.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto vs Jiraiya

I am thinking Naruto takes this. If it was only Sage Mode, Jiraiya might be closer, but Kyuubi mode with the option for Sage Mode, gives Naruto the edge. Jiraiya would be close though, and it would not be a stomp. It would be difficult to see sages and actual toads fighting each other, but it has to happen. Naruto for the W.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the speed and Naruto will to kill(tournament fight so no talk no jutsu) JMan is going to be missing his head some second down the line aka what Raikage would have done to Minato if he could not teleport.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea...Naruto wins this easily, IMO. Speed on par with Minato's Hiraishin, better Sage Mode, massive Kage Bunshins, freaking Rasenshurikens on his fingers...yea...no contest whatsoever.

Edit: You know what though...if Naruto doesn't speedblitz, Jiraiya probably knows that seal that Orochimaru did, and he's also able to defend fairly well...could he have a shot?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto owns jiraiya. he was at his level in sage mode,or even better.now he has got the 9tails mode.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Naruto takes this without question -- even with just sage mode, Naruto's sage mode seemed to surpass Jiraiya's (not to mention the sage mode FRS, clones, etc), but the Rikudou Mode just puts him over the top.

One funny thing to think about -- do you just have to throw out summons when two people who share the same summoning contract are fighting? I wonder if Naruto would be smart enough that if he saw Jiraiya summon ma & pa, he'd summon them over to him instead just so Jiraiya couldn't go into sage mode. This fight would be both epic and hilarious.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always figured you'd treat it as if it's a video game...they both can summon whoever they want, and barring a contract seal, they can summon their own dudes, even if the opponent summons the same. So you'd have Bunta vs. Bunta, basically

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya had a good run, and his having reached the Semi-finals is proof of his awesomeness. As much as I'd like to give him the "pity vote" because he is my favorite character, I will not reduce to myself like what was done to Tsunade against Nagato or Darui against Minato, when those two fights should've gone 100% to the victors. It's beyond obvious how Naruto takes this. His skills have become legendary. As much as it's gonna hurt both of them, Naruto's just too fast and powerful for Jiraiya. He took one of A's super punches and dodged the other one. 'Nough said. Oh well, Jiraiya. May you rest in piece, bro. Though, knowing Naruto, he'd incapacitate Jirayia and not kill him . Naruto has yet to kill anyone in the series.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go with Jiraiya on this one.

Its true: by now Naruto surpassed his old master in terms of power, but Jiraiya has a much wider range of Jutsu at his disposal and also has waaaaay more experience.

I know many people think experience doesn't realy play a role because Sasuke beat Danzou, but I think in this case its different. Sasuke analyzes his opponents thoroughly and then creates a strategy how to drive them into a corner without them noticing it. Naruto on the other hand only roughly tries out his opponents, then tries to overpower them and usually fails until he's seen and endured everything the opponent is capable of. Only then he comes up with a true plan.

I think in case of a cunning old geezer like Jiraiya this approach would come back to bite Naruto... Jiraiya would take advantage of Naruto's recklessness and teach him a lesson once again.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post

Its true: by now Naruto surpassed his old master in terms of power, but Jiraiya has a much wider range of Jutsu at his disposal and also has waaaaay more experience.

I know many people think experience doesn't realy play a role because Sasuke beat Danzou, but I think in this case its different. Sasuke analyzes his opponents thoroughly and then creates a strategy how to drive them into a corner without them noticing it. Naruto on the other hand only roughly tries out his opponents, then tries to overpower them and usually fails until he's seen and endured everything the opponent is capable of. Only then he comes up with a true plan.

I think in case of a cunning old geezer like Jiraiya this approach would come back to bite Naruto... Jiraiya would take advantage of Naruto's recklessness and teach him a lesson once again.
    Dude, your argument just shamelessly shamed me. I would regret not voting for Jiraiya if only he had actual ways to counter Naruto's speed + power to teach him that lesson. It's nice to know that there are those who voted for Jiraiya not with a pity vote, but with an actual argument. Bless you, good sir!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post

bah,naruto starts his fights at his best,look at this http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/537/4 . here he says he hasn't got time to waste,he would fight at his best,contrariwise jiraiya needs time to enter in sage mode and naruto can sense him,then jiraiya can't hid himself. naruto would own him!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Phoenix946's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting how Jiraiya won against Sasuke, yet now it's looking like Naruto is going to easily beat Jiraiya. I guess EMS is really going to have to be something to convince people here Sasuke will stand a chance against Naruto.

Anyway, my vote also goes to Naruto. I don't see Jiraiya having the slightest chance against 1 second SM, 1 second RM, arms with Rasengans out of nowhere and I'm betting a ton of mini-FRS's.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FallFromHaven's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke loses to Jiraiya, yet Naruto beats him easily? The logic of some of you is simpley ridiculous.....

fade away.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FallFromHaven View Post
    Sasuke loses to Jiraiya, yet Naruto beats him easily? The logic of some of you is simpley ridiculous.....
    There is a big difference which is apparent to anyone who reads the manga:

Naruto's latest level-up was shown before/during the tournament. Sasuke's is still hidden. Details matter. It is possible that the EMS' final jutsu would murder Jiraiya instantly. It just has not been shown.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

22. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    There is a big difference which is apparent to anyone who reads the manga:

Naruto's latest level-up was shown before/during the tournament. Sasuke's is still hidden. Details matter. It is possible that the EMS' final jutsu would murder Jiraiya instantly. It just has not been shown.
    However, people are going to argue that Naruto is too fast for Jiraiya to deal with thanks to RK mode.

Yet people thought Jiraiya could somehow deal with a jutsu like Amaterasu that is near instant and burns hotter than anything in the manga. Or that he could dodge Sussano's arrows, again, jutsu so fast that Kakashi had to use Kamui because even he, who has better reflexes and is as fast if not faster than Jiraiya couldn't dodge.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

24. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast