Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto

128 84.77%
  • Jiraiya

23 15.23%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto vs Jiraiya

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto vs Jiraiya

How can he quickly get out of the swamp with the chakra arm or clones if they're not up in the air? They'd be stuck too, no? Plus, Jiraiya can sink Naruto if need be. He failed against Orochimaru because he was drugged. I don't see Naruto being able to escape being sunk or even avoid the jutsu when he wouldn't know it. Apparently it's pretty fast, so Naruto wouldn't have the time to react to something he wouldn't know is coming or know what it is.

He can do six rasengan in Rikudou Mode (though the time is debatable, methinks), but he can't be that quick in base mode or in Sage Mode. Jiraiya can also defend with his hair jutsu, the same jutsu that can apparently block Amaterasu. If it can block Amaterasu, it can block rasengan as well.

SM Naruto can throw summons, but those were the summons that ran to him without using their brains. The toad/s can actually move and use jutsu, making it harder for Naruto to touch them.

SM Jiraiya has shown to be pretty good at taijutsu and have more and better ninjutsu though.

And before anyone calls me a fanboy, Naruto's among my favorite as well and the main reason I read and stuck with this manga, even after Jiraiya was introduced. Can't really accuse me of bias here.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    How is it bias if Naruto's upgrade was shown while Sasuke's has not been for quite some time? It isn't like we, the readers, control the timing of these things. We all reasonably know that Naruto and Sasuke are of a similar power level after their upgrades, but we have no way to account for Sasuke's EMS jutsu, I think that is why he lost. Old Sasuke can be beaten by Jiraiya while new Sasuke will likely wtfpwn him. Blame Kishi for not planning his manga to match a homemade tournament.
    Nothing to do with EMS. I don't see how Jiraiya can beat MS Sasuke, but there you go. Has anyone even mentioned Jiraiya using his hair jutsu to block Naruto's attacks or was that only for Sasuke and his Amaterasu?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    How can he quickly get out of the swamp with the chakra arm or clones if they're not up in the air? They'd be stuck too, no? Plus, Jiraiya can sink Naruto if need be. He failed against Orochimaru because he was drugged. I don't see Naruto being able to escape being sunk or even avoid the jutsu when he wouldn't know it. Apparently it's pretty fast, so Naruto wouldn't have the time to react to something he wouldn't know is coming or know what it is.

He can do six rasengan in Rikudou Mode (though the time is debatable, methinks), but he can't be that quick in base mode or in Sage Mode. Jiraiya can also defend with his hair jutsu, the same jutsu that can apparently block Amaterasu. If it can block Amaterasu, it can block rasengan as well.

SM Naruto can throw summons, but those were the summons that ran to him without using their brains. The toad/s can actually move and use jutsu, making it harder for Naruto to touch them.

SM Jiraiya has shown to be pretty good at taijutsu and have more and better ninjutsu though.

And before anyone calls me a fanboy, Naruto's among my favorite as well and the main reason I read and stuck with this manga, even after Jiraiya was introduced. Can't really accuse me of bias here.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Nothing to do with EMS. I don't see how Jiraiya can beat MS Sasuke, but there you go. Has anyone even mentioned Jiraiya using his hair jutsu to block Naruto's attacks or was that only for Sasuke and his Amaterasu?
    I am sure he can, but it would have worked better when Naruto was just a Sage. Now that he has RM, Jiraiya would have a much tougher time.

Also, know that we know Naruto can summon the toad he wants, if he summons Ma & Pa, which he can likely do faster than Jiraiya, Jiraiya's sage mode is sealed.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would he summon Ma and Pa though when he wouldn't need them? Wouldn't he counter Jiraiya's big toad with his own, if Naruto even bothers to?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would he summon Ma and Pa though when he wouldn't need them? Wouldn't he counter Jiraiya's big toad with his own, if Naruto even bothers to?
    Ma and Pa seem more useful. That is enough. Furthermore, that Jiraiya summons Toads is probably ordinary shinobi world knowledge, Naruto could summon them to keep them from being used against him.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

How would they seem more useful against a large toad? Naruto most likely won't summon anyway as Sage Mode would be enough to deal with the toads (it really depends on who since Bunta can use jutsu, but I don't recall other toads being able to use jutsu). He hasn't shown the ability to summon more than one toad at a time, so he and Jiraiya can actually summon one toad each so not all toad will be on Naruto's side.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto can summon this many clones: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v47/c442/10.html. J-Man will use a Swamp of the Underworld big enough to cover less than half Naruto's body and a bit wider like he did to one of Nagato's Paths, I can't see him putting in hundreds of Naruto's clones. Yes, some clones will fall in the swamp, but those same clones would grab Naruto and the clones on the ground surrounding the swamp would pull those clones...or maybe Naruto can just start climbing on top of his own clones to get out.

I never bought that hair argument to begin with, BUT what they used to say is that J-Man would protect himself from Amaterasu with his hair AND THEN cut his hair...I doubt J-Man can just cut his hair to escape from a jutsu that the incomplete version managed to kill 2 hearts of Kakuzu in FRS.

Naruto enters Rikudo Mode, get's alongside the Frogs without being even noticed, changes to SM (since he's shown he can change between modes in a second) and grabs the frogs and throws it. With his RM speed, he won't be noticed until after he's already grabbed the summoning and then it would be too late.

Meh, I don't really care a lot about those sort of excuses, cause at least you bring up believable arguments (until you brought up the hair jutsu).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it lame to let one opponent summon their opponent's creatures, causing them to not be able to use them? I feel like that takes away from both combatants fighting at full power (not that it really matters, since in a matter of...less than a day? Naruto became wtfhax)

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelv015 View Post
    Naruto can summon this many clones: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v47/c442/10.html. J-Man will use a Swamp of the Underworld big enough to cover less than half Naruto's body and a bit wider like he did to one of Nagato's Paths, I can't see him putting in hundreds of Naruto's clones. Yes, some clones will fall in the swamp, but those same clones would grab Naruto and the clones on the ground surrounding the swamp would pull those clones...or maybe Naruto can just start climbing on top of his own clones to get out.
    How would they be able to help Naruto get out of the jutsu that sinks anyone? Jiraiya could just as easily wipe out the clones helping Naruto with a good jutsu or use a summon to wipe out the clones or even make the swamp bigger. I can't see Naruto climbing on top of his clones without being free from the swamp.

Quote Quote:
    I never bought that hair argument to begin with, BUT what they used to say is that J-Man would protect himself from Amaterasu with his hair AND THEN cut his hair...I doubt J-Man can just cut his hair to escape from a jutsu that the incomplete version managed to kill 2 hearts of Kakuzu in FRS.
    That argument made no sense whatsoever though. However, people said Jiraiya can turn his hair to steel, and we dunno if FRS can break through steel like it can to human flesh and trees, so Jiraiya may have protection there.

Though between you and me, I do not buy this argument at all either. Jiraiya's hair jutsu would not block FRS or Amaterasu, both jutsu are too powerful for that.

Quote Quote:
    Naruto enters Rikudo Mode, get's alongside the Frogs without being even noticed, changes to SM (since he's shown he can change between modes in a second) and grabs the frogs and throws it. With his RM speed, he won't be noticed until after he's already grabbed the summoning and then it would be too late.
    Honestly, he wouldn't need Rikudou Mode. If he ran from top of Kichi's head to rasengan Asura, then he's plenty fast in Sage Mode. The frog/s would notice Naruto running though and jump up in time, but that depends on how close Naruto is. If he's close enough, they won't be able to see him until it's too late. I can also see Naruto jumpkicking the toad in either mode, which would be enough to push back the toad and possibly disturb Jiraiya.

Quote Quote:
    Meh, I don't really care a lot about those sort of excuses, cause at least you bring up believable arguments (until you brought up the hair jutsu).
    The hair jutsu was basically the prevalent argument I saw against Sasuke and even against Kakashi. I just find it annoying that no one is bringing it up here though or making it look better than it really is. It's mostly because of Jiraiya's jutsu that I give this to Jiraiya, otherwise I think Naruto would win.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto. I thought he was stronger than Jiraiya when he beat Pain <and mastered Sage Mode better than Ji-man> Now he has RM, so.. I don't see Jiraiya in any way to beat Naruto.. the new Naruto <3
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FallFromHaven View Post
    Sasuke loses to Jiraiya, yet Naruto beats him easily? The logic of some of you is simpley ridiculous.....
    in fact sasuke should have won against jiraiya.if most of people has voted jiraiya I can't do anything,but here I can state naruto would own jman.it's not ridiculous.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

How would they be able to help Naruto get out of the jutsu that sinks anyone? Jiraiya could just as easily wipe out the clones helping Naruto with a good jutsu or use a summon to wipe out the clones or even make the swamp bigger. I can't see Naruto climbing on top of his clones without being free from the swamp.

That argument made no sense whatsoever though. However, people said Jiraiya can turn his hair to steel, and we dunno if FRS can break through steel like it can to human flesh and trees, so Jiraiya may have protection there.

Though between you and me, I do not buy this argument at all either. Jiraiya's hair jutsu would not block FRS or Amaterasu, both jutsu are too powerful for that.

Honestly, he wouldn't need Rikudou Mode. If he ran from top of Kichi's head to rasengan Asura, then he's plenty fast in Sage Mode. The frog/s would notice Naruto running though and jump up in time, but that depends on how close Naruto is. If he's close enough, they won't be able to see him until it's too late. I can also see Naruto jumpkicking the toad in either mode, which would be enough to push back the toad and possibly disturb Jiraiya.

The hair jutsu was basically the prevalent argument I saw against Sasuke and even against Kakashi. I just find it annoying that no one is bringing it up here though or making it look better than it really is. It's mostly because of Jiraiya's jutsu that I give this to Jiraiya, otherwise I think Naruto would win.
    We've seen Naruto summon out of thin air so it isnt farfetched that he would summon a big toad to help him escape the swamp.

Theres a difference between between what Amaterasu can do and what FRS can, both do damage on a totally different level, one being much much superior to the other. Ofcourse the power of the jutsu doesnt matter here, but the way they work and cause damage is extremely different. FRS is like a Jinton, while Amaterasu is like an Extremely overheated Katon, so it wouldnt be farfetched to think that FRS would actually destroy Jiraiyas hair rather than gradually burning it dont you think?

Jiraiya and Naruto are plenty strong in Sage Mode and they can summon any toad at will, IMO if both are in Sage mode, summons are a non factor (aside from Ma and Pa)

And the Sasuke thing, Sasuke should have won that fight as much as Madara should have won against Itachi or Orochimaru over Hashirama, Fanbase spoke and the results came, but about the Amaterasu thing, those are different situations, we cant really compare how Amaterasu works to how FRS works, i mean i can cut my hair if it started burning (if i had crazy long hair) but i cant do anything against something that can vaporize me and my hair..
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Naruto had summoned Ma and Pa like I said from the start, he could potentially be saved from the swamp

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    We've seen Naruto summon out of thin air so it isnt farfetched that he would summon a big toad to help him escape the swamp.
    Just on this point, I'd imagine it'd be more difficult then 'out of thin air' because summoning tends to require you to get some blood on your fingers and then make a (bit of) movement - both of which I imagine would be fairly difficult while your limbs are stuck in a swamp.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If Naruto goes into Rikudou Mode and tries a speedblitz Jiraiya will just cover himself in hair and Naruto will shred his whole arms and upper body. The hair is fast enough to guard against Amaterasu, which means its also fast enough to guard against any incomming body or projectile, no matter how fast it is.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    If Naruto goes into Rikudou Mode and tries a speedblitz Jiraiya will just cover himself in hair and Naruto will shred his whole arms and upper body. The hair is fast enough to guard against Amaterasu, which means its also fast enough to guard against any incomming body or projectile, no matter how fast it is.
    Indeed, but even if we assume it can guard against Amaterasu, it does not necessarily mean it can guard against things fastr than Amaterasu, which Naruto is. It is possible the hair can block Naruto tho.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast