Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

78 43.58%
  • Minato

101 56.42%
Thread Closed
Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Itachi vs Minato

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaHeroic1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Itachi vs Minato

This match should be an interesting debate. I have no clue who would win right now. From how both characters were portrayed in the manga this fight will be decided in the first minute lol. From Deidara, Madara, Raikage, and Orochimaru's expierences Minato and Itachi waste no time with their opponents. Right now i'm going for mutual strike down ala Muu and 2nd mizukage. It all comes down to whether Itachi can get a Tsukiyomi off on Minato and vise verse if Minato will jus speed blitz itachi the entire fight. Damn this is a tough call.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Phoenix946's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    why do you say that?
    Why wouldn't I? He has successfully attacked Madara and Raikage from their blindspot. He will always be behind Itachi as soon as his kunai are spread, no matter where Itachi looks.

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    And why not? I lost count on how many times he was before Madara... Also the example was not mine. Someone tried to prove with that something about Minato and more exacly his reaction times.
    He hadn't spread out kunai there and had to get Naruto safe first.

Then it was that person's bad example

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt he'll get that off before Itachi gets off a genjutsu.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i have to agree what that first part of your post. He can counter Susano easy by moving away and forcing Itachi to stop the jutsu BUT Susano is still a great defensive buttong for the moments when he needs a instant defense or he dies.

Oh excuse me where we discusing who wins a fight or who has the better reaction times? What about raiton jutsus? Who is better at that?If we where discusing the raiton jutsu would you answer the same way as above? We where discusing a precise point about those 2 and you changed the subject as you where unable to provide a logical answer.
    No logical answer? Minato outclassed Raikage in every way that was shown. Reaction time and speed. The only person aside from Minato who did respectably was Bee. Raikage directly admitted the speed loss out of his own mouth, and even if his speed is greater, if Minato's reaction time was lower than Raikage he would probably have been killed and certainly would not have been ready to put Raikage in a wheelchair. .

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i have to agree what that first part of your post. He can counter Susano easy by moving away and forcing Itachi to stop the jutsu BUT Susano is still a great defensive buttong for the moments when he needs a instant defense or he dies.
    The thing is that Itachi is severely handicapped in this tournament. How long was he able to sustain Susano'o against Sasuke? He clearly used it up to the point his body bailed on him. Can we use that as a suitable comparison as to how long Itachi can sustain Susano'o? If so, argumenting that Susano'o is Itachi's way to beat Minato can't be used.

Itachi shouldn't have been so handicapped in this tournament. He (even if he was with Madara) took on his entire clan. Was ANBU leader before he was even a teenager. Who knows when he started to get ill? If not for his illness, this battle would be even more legendary.

It's not known how Minato will avoid or counter Itachi's genjutsu. Less than one second to disrupt Tsukoyomi is pretty messed up. Amaterasu is a no brainer. If A evaded Amaterasu, Minato plain ol' laughs at it. Yet, even with all this, Minato's still gotta deal with a ninja of Itachi's caliber.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

- A's reflexes with cloak are implied to be faster than Minato's, so A's feats in V2 don't work for Minato. Amaterasu would still work if Itachi used it normally, but there is another way Itachi can ensure it hits. Itachi can look at Minato's feet, when executing Amaterasu. Also A looked at Sasuke's eyes, and prepared for Amaterasu. If Minato does the same he would be put in a genjutsu.

- Itachi can create his Karasu bunshin behind Minato and have it stab him.

- Itachi has multiple different ways to catch Minato in a genjutsu: his eyes, his finger and his crows.
    you are right Itachi has multiple ways to cast a genjutsu but the only one Minato has to fear is Tsukuyomi the rest is not strong enough to work against someone of Minato caliper and we all sow that Naruto almost broke his finger genjutsu during Gara rescue arc and we all know how weak Naruto was back then

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Phoenix946's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt he'll get that off before Itachi gets off a genjutsu.
    Yep, that's also my only doubt. It's just a matter of character estimation whether or not Itachi would take that shot, not realizing it's his only shot.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    No logical answer? Minato outclassed Raikage in every way that was shown. Reaction time and speed. The only person aside from Minato who did respectably was Bee. Raikage directly admitted the speed loss out of his own mouth, and even if his speed is greater, if Minato's reaction time was lower than Raikage he would probably have been killed and certainly would not have been ready to put Raikage in a wheelchair. .
    You faill to understand that if you notice a person after he runs 6 meters right in front of you that is NOT a good reaction times feat. Minato showed better speed because he could instantly move from point A to B but nothing in that fight has he showed better reaction times. But i am starting to get used to "he is Minato" so he is better then the rest of the world in anything.

Do show me where he outclased Raikage in reaction times. And no a instant attack in the blind spot does not counts.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You faill to understand that if you notice a person after he runs 6 meters right in front of you that is NOT a good reaction times feat. Minato showed better speed because he could instantly move from point A to B but nothing in that fight has he showed better reaction times. But i am starting to get used to "he is Minato" so he is better then the rest of the world in anything.

Do show me where he outclased Raikage in reaction times. And no a instant attack in the blind spot does not counts.
    If you are going to remove his feats, then of course the list will be zero. That doesn't even take any effort on your part. "Show me where he outclassed raikage, but don't use the times where he did it"

Hiraishin only put him in position, he still had to stab and Raikage failed to even do anything about that.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this is one of the best fight in this tournament, minato is a legend while itachi is one of the top 3 best users of the MS but minato is the one that stopped madara's plan to attacked konoha with the kyuubi.
    i have to think about which one will have my vote.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to remove his feats, then of course the list will be zero. That doesn't even take any effort on your part. "Show me where he outclassed raikage, but don't use the times where he did it"

Hiraishin only put him in position, he still had to stab and Raikage failed to even do anything about that.
    I am removing that as it is NOT a reaction times feat.. God man WTH? That was a attack that he could not comprehend just like Madara. Even the byakugan has a blind spot in the back of his head.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

using Hirashin isn't much of a feat.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix946 View Post
    Yep, that's also my only doubt. It's just a matter of character estimation whether or not Itachi would take that shot, not realizing it's his only shot.
    IC Itachi would likely take advantage of any chance he gets to use genjutsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

using Hirashin isn't much of a feat.
    If it wasn't much of a feat, how come Minato is the only one who uses it?

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How in the Blue Hell did Itachi beat Madara?

Well, whatever. On topic, I think Minato's ability to press the offensive from the beginning of the fight is being overestimated (shocker!). Itachi doesn't have to enter MS to guarantee his Genjutsu works against Minato, because Minato has displayed no...

Nah. I'm not saying it again. It didn't work for every user of Genjutsu in this manga when they went against a member of the arian trinity, so it won't work now. Congrats on the win Minato.

18. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am removing that as it is NOT a reaction times feat.. God man WTH? That was a attack that he could not comprehend just like Madara. Even the byakugan has a blind spot in the back of his head.
    It does require a reaction feat because he acted in response to Raikage in the first place (and left a kunai behind!), then reacted to his arrival in the tree, then reacted when he arrived at Raikage to stab him in the spine.

Reaction: a response to some foregoing action or stimulus

Thread Closed
Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast