Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

    78 43.58%
  • Minato

    101 56.42%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 847

Thread: Itachi vs Minato

  1. #46
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Judging by what we have seen from those two fighters Itachi simply pwns Minato... badly.

    The fighters don't have detailed knowledge about each other and considering Itachi's Genjutsu feats Minato could be K.O'ed before he even knows whats happening.

    Probably Minato should be able to put up a fight and win, but since other highly skilled Shinobi like Kakashi (who even has a Sharingan himself) where wtfpwned by Itachi's Genjutsu I can't base my vote on some unproveable assumptions.

    Minato hasn't shown how he deals with Genjutsu so I will treat him like any other High Ranking Shinobi we've seen dealing with Sharingan Genjutsu... which doesn't realy benefit him at all.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #47
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marshmallow-sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Country
    United States
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    It dosen't have to go through his head lol, Itachi would either dodge or deflect the kunai, the second it goes past him, Minato could teleport/rasengan.
    And Itachi's body bursts into crows.

    "Tsukuyomi..."

    Yum~

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #48
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    So then we should assume that Kabuto's lowly feather genjutsu can one-shot Rikudou sennin as well? He never showed a defense.
    You are going to compare Kabuto to arguably the greatest Gen-jutsu user that the manga has ever seen? Yeah that works.

    "Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

  6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #49
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Raikage is faster than Bee and Sasuke didn't use genjutsu, did he? Maybe he met a level could couldn't touch, who knows. If minato is faster than Raikage, and Raikage is faster than Bee....

    Also Sasuke's Sharingan > Itachi's.
    Minato does not have the speed and reflexes that Raikage has. He is faster because he can teleport. I can post a asumtion as to why he never used. Its probably because his nervous system was supercharged by the raiton shield. This is just a asumtion as i do not not why for real. It is irrelevant as Minato is not as fast as raikage or has his reflexes.

    Also Itachi's genjutsu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sasuke's. I fail to see how that part proves something.

  8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #50
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Nicholas.Sama, even if you say the logic is broken, that is fine. While we are to use the abilities/feats of people, can we assume that Itachi would directly lose to Minato because we never saw him face anyone faster than himself? Of course not. Could we say that Itachi is incapable of genjutsuing Minato because we never saw him face and genjutsu anyone faster than himself/at Minato's speed? Itachi has not such feat, does he?
    Of course, the difference is that speed isn't really a factor with genjutsu, and Itachi has reacted to a lightning bolt. Your basic point is that Minato would warp away before Itachi could get a bead on him, no? Outside of that, I don't see how speed is relevant to the genjutsu argument. Once again, we have someone that makes KBs so fast that Kakashi and Sasuke can hardly react in time, despite being able to read seals. I'd imagine it's hard for you to put a seal on that man, or to even attack him directly.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    If it was the tricked pulle on Madara he would not see it of course but that can't be replicated as Itachi can't have a kunai pass trough his head.

    Itachi is not going to chakra at Minato like Raikage. More then that Itachi has clones and Minato does not. Minato will always have to chose from 2 targets. Aside from that:
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/28815369/15
    Raikage is looking back in Minato's direction so he noticed where he disapeared. Then here:
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/28815369/16
    He again is looking back at Minato. He just can't dodge it. Itachi would have no problem using Susano at that moment. But of course Itachi is just going to genjutsu him and any Kunai trowen at him Minato will be forced to teleport right in front of Itachi and that will not work.
    Add the fact that Minato starts by trowing his kunai about giving lots of time to Itachi to summon a clone and/or using genjutsu. Its not like Itachi is just going to sit there and do nothing in that time. Also the time it takes for the Kunai to get to Itachi its enough time for Minato to end up in genjutsu.

    If Sasuke can use genjutsu on Bee who was way faster then himself for Itachi this would be nothing. The rest is just nonsense.
    Go ahead and post counters to Itachi's main way of fighting because you showed none.
    I can agree to an extent, it's just hard to think that someone that can teleport twice in a second could be countered. Lightning is fast, but not instantaneous (although, for the distance between A and Minato, lightning would pretty much be instantaneous)

  10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #51
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    rules say they don't know about each others' abilities,but they know about abilities as did they in the manga! Minato recognised tobi was madara,because he knew very well history and sharingan users,especially because he was obito uchiha's master. then he knows about sharingan and viewing itachi with it would make him think not to see his eyes. minato's speed would defeat itachi very well.

  12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #52
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Not going to post my argument for who will win yet, but things that both sides should keep in mind.

    Itachi's genjutsu: While Minato has shown no weakness against genjutsu, that doesn't mean he has shown any strengths against it either. Sarturobi, the God of Shinobi, was caught in a genjutsu that seems rather weak in comparison to Itachi's, so just because you are a Hokage, or because you are Minato does not mean you can't fall to a genjutsu, especially agains the God of Genjutsu.

    Minato's Speed and Hirashin: While Itachi is extremely fast and has the Sharigan, he hasn't shown speeds to be able to keep up with Minato. Granted, he has a defense in Sussano which is fast enough to stop a lightning bolt, but he doesn't have the stamina to use Sussano every time Minato trys to strike him.

    Hirashin: A baddass jutsu with one fault, that fact it requires a seal to use. Despite the fact that Minato can use this jutsu to his full advantage, if he is not careful he can Hirashin himself into a ball of Amaterasu. Just something to think about.

    Itachi's MS techniques: For the most part are useless for how they are supposed to be used in this fight. Granted, Minato can't look Itachi in the eye unless he wants the greatest headache in the world a.k.a Tsyukiyomi. But Amaterasu is mostly likely useless (unless it's used as a trap) and Sussano is far too slow to strike Minato.

    Summons: Useless as well. Itachi can put them in a genjutsu easily, or just dodge them. Not once has a large summon been able to truly turn the tide of a battle, especially with how slow and need to hit such a small and fast target.

    Itachi's clones and handseals
    : If a Sharigan user can't see Itachi's handseals Minato has no chance. If he strikes a Bushin and it explodes unexpectedly, is he fast enough to dodge the explosion?
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  14. #53
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    You are going to compare Kabuto to arguably the greatest Gen-jutsu user that the manga has ever seen? Yeah that works.
    If we go with the "if you haven't shown genjutsu defense you get one-shotted," it has to have a beginning, right? Itachi could one-shot Rikudou Sennin, Juubi, etc.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #54
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas.Sama View Post
    I remember the how intense the original "Itachi vs Minato" thread was...none of the debaters came out on top.

    @jdw

    The "Minato never fell to genjutsu" argument uses very broken logic and we can easily turn that around and say "Itachi never fell to Hiraishin". Also, this kind of logic defeats the purpose of the fight threads in general, which is to compare their known abilities and feats to determine a winner.
    When it comes to Minato there is no silly argument restriction such as logic, he wins by simply showing up the fight.

    "Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Raikage is faster than Bee and Sasuke didn't use genjutsu, did he? Maybe he met a level could couldn't touch, who knows. If minato is faster than Raikage, and Raikage is faster than Bee....

    Also Sasuke's Sharingan > Itachi's.
    I think the lack of Sasuke using genjutsu on the Raikage was purely due to his rage-induced fighting style...it doesn't make sense to use Amaterasu on someone when you can Tsukuyomi them, lol...despite him using genjutsu on C, I have to think it was just a lack of thought. He uses them in the proper order against Danzou, for example, and Itachi always uses Tsukuyomi before Amaterasu, lol

  19. #56
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    rules say they don't know about each others' abilities,but they know about abilities as did they in the manga! Minato recognised tobi was madara,because he knew very well history and sharingan users,especially because he was obito uchiha's master. then he knows about sharingan and viewing itachi with it would make him think not to see his eyes. minato's speed would defeat itachi very well.
    If that is the case than Itachi, who was a genius of Konoha, who went to the Konoha Shinobi Academy should know full well of Minato's abilities since he was a Hokage of his village. Especially since Itachi was alive when Minato was Hokage.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  20. #57
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Of course, the difference is that speed isn't really a factor with genjutsu, and Itachi has reacted to a lightning bolt. Your basic point is that Minato would warp away before Itachi could get a bead on him, no? Outside of that, I don't see how speed is relevant to the genjutsu argument. Once again, we have someone that makes KBs so fast that Kakashi and Sasuke can hardly react in time, despite being able to read seals. I'd imagine it's hard for you to put a seal on that man, or to even attack him directly.


    I can agree to an extent, it's just hard to think that someone that can teleport twice in a second could be countered. Lightning is fast, but not instantaneous (although, for the distance between A and Minato, lightning would pretty much be instantaneous)
    The teleport in itself is instantaneous but Minato still has to do all the complex thinking before he teleports. Just a example. I am going to use Superman and Minato.
    Minato can instantly teleport right next to Superman to hit him but before even his neurons exchange information superman can run, grab a burger and get back and punch Minato before he even knows he teleported o that other side.

  21. #58
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    If we go with the "if you haven't shown genjutsu defense you get one-shotted," it has to have a beginning, right? Itachi could one-shot Rikudou Sennin, Juubi, etc.
    If that line of argument works for Minato then why can't it work for someone else? What because its used against Minato its automatically invalid?

    "Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

  22. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Posts
    2,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    rules say they don't know about each others' abilities,but they know about abilities as did they in the manga! Minato recognised tobi was madara,because he knew very well history and sharingan users,especially because he was obito uchiha's master. then he knows about sharingan and viewing itachi with it would make him think not to see his eyes. minato's speed would defeat itachi very well.
    Minato has to know Itachi has the sharingan. If he views Itachi with it he gonna be put in genjutsu as soon as he's seen it.

  23. #60
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Not going to post my argument for who will win yet, but things that both sides should keep in mind.

    Itachi's genjutsu: While Minato has shown no weakness against genjutsu, that doesn't mean he has shown any strengths against it either. Sarturobi, the God of Shinobi, was caught in a genjutsu that seems rather weak in comparison to Itachi's, so just because you are a Hokage, or because you are Minato does not mean you can't fall to a genjutsu, especially agains the God of Genjutsu.

    Minato's Speed and Hirashin: While Itachi is extremely fast and has the Sharigan, he hasn't shown speeds to be able to keep up with Minato. Granted, he has a defense in Sussano which is fast enough to stop a lightning bolt, but he doesn't have the stamina to use Sussano every time Minato trys to strike him.

    Hirashin: A baddass jutsu with one fault, that fact it requires a seal to use. Despite the fact that Minato can use this jutsu to his full advantage, if he is not careful he can Hirashin himself into a ball of Amaterasu. Just something to think about.

    Itachi's MS techniques: For the most part are useless for how they are supposed to be used in this fight. Granted, Minato can't look Itachi in the eye unless he wants the greatest headache in the world a.k.a Tsyukiyomi. But Amaterasu is mostly likely useless (unless it's used as a trap) and Sussano is far too slow to strike Minato.

    Summons: Useless as well. Itachi can put them in a genjutsu easily, or just dodge them. Not once has a large summon been able to truly turn the tide of a battle, especially with how slow and need to hit such a small and fast target.

    Itachi's clones and handseals
    : If a Sharigan user can't see Itachi's handseals Minato has no chance. If he strikes a Bushin and it explodes unexpectedly, is he fast enough to dodge the explosion?
    Minato has shown he is fast enough to avoid an explosion even after it has begun.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts