Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

    78 43.58%
  • Minato

    101 56.42%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 847

Thread: Itachi vs Minato

  1. #61
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    If we go with the "if you haven't shown genjutsu defense you get one-shotted," it has to have a beginning, right? Itachi could one-shot Rikudou Sennin, Juubi, etc.
    Of course, since Rikudou Sennin has the eyes that created Sharingan, etc. (and he could use Izanagi), it's not hard to assume that for all intents and purposes, he has both Sharingan and an Uchiha body. Not to mention that it seems like Sharingan owns Bijuu, so, I'd actually think Itachi can control Juubi, at the least.

    ---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Minato has shown he is fast enough to avoid an explosion even after it has begun.
    Interesting that you post this, btw. We see him teleporting away from the explosion, but he gets blown by the force anyway, and doesn't land properly. I remember people thinking that Shinra Tensei wasn't going to do anything to him when he was teleporting. But yea, you proved that teleportation is hax, haha.

  2. #62
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    If we go with the "if you haven't shown genjutsu defense you get one-shotted," it has to have a beginning, right? Itachi could one-shot Rikudou Sennin, Juubi, etc.
    That is not even close to the same thing.
    1- Those things are not in the tournament as they don't have feats.
    2- RS has Nagato's feats times 10 at least. In raw power.
    3-Juubi has at least Kyuubi feats. In raw power.

  3. #63
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Minato has shown he is fast enough to avoid an explosion even after it has begun.
    An explosion that Madara made him aware of, and one that happens slowly since the explosive tag needs to burn. Very different scenerio.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  4. #64
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Minato does not have the speed and reflexes that Raikage has. He is faster because he can teleport. I can post a asumtion as to why he never used. Its probably because his nervous system was supercharged by the raiton shield. This is just a asumtion as i do not not why for real. It is irrelevant as Minato is not as fast as raikage or has his reflexes.

    Also Itachi's genjutsu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sasuke's. I fail to see how that part proves something.
    I fully agree with your final argument about Itachi and Sasuke. However, I fully disagree with your assumptions on Minato's speed. See here my argument on Minato's speed:

    No one is faster than Minato. You need to perform seals to cast Hiraishin. Proof? Here it is. If Minato has to use seals to cast Hiraishin, he performed those seals with A literally molecules away from blasting his face into next week. That's how fast Minato is. Once again, no one is faster than Minato.

    Oh, also, if this is true, then Minato, much like Haku, can perform seals with just one hand, being as he used Hiraishin against Madara when he still had the Rasengan active in his other hand. Oh, and you're welcome for remind you all of the epicness of the subsequent page. Bam!

    That was an argument I made in Minato vs. Nagato yet it holds just as true here. People doubt the epicness of Minato's speed. Speed is how fast he can do something. If he wants to teleport somewhere he can also do so.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #65
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    The teleport in itself is instantaneous but Minato still has to do all the complex thinking before he teleports. Just a example. I am going to use Superman and Minato.
    Minato can instantly teleport right next to Superman to hit him but before even his neurons exchange information superman can run, grab a burger and get back and punch Minato before he even knows he teleported o that other side.
    At the same time, though, he is able to teleport to a kunai of his choosing , then teleport to the one closest to his opponent, and attack. His mind's synapses seem to fire pretty damn rapidly.

  7. #66
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Of course, since Rikudou Sennin has the eyes that created Sharingan, etc. (and he could use Izanagi), it's not hard to assume that for all intents and purposes, he has both Sharingan and an Uchiha body. Not to mention that it seems like Sharingan owns Bijuu, so, I'd actually think Itachi can control Juubi, at the least.

    ---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------


    Interesting that you post this, btw. We see him teleporting away from the explosion, but he gets blown by the force anyway, and doesn't land properly. I remember people thinking that Shinra Tensei wasn't going to do anything to him when he was teleporting. But yea, you proved that teleportation is hax, haha.
    He couldn't just leave when he saw the tags, he had to save Naruto first. If he just left from the start they would have both died taking the bombs with them.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #67
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Posts
    2,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    I fully agree with your final argument about Itachi and Sasuke. However, I fully disagree with your assumptions on Minato's speed. See here my argument on Minato's speed:

    No one is faster than Minato. You need to perform seals to cast Hiraishin. Proof? Here it is. If Minato has to use seals to cast Hiraishin, he performed those seals with A literally molecules away from blasting his face into next week. That's how fast Minato is. Once again, no one is faster than Minato.

    Oh, also, if this is true, then Minato, much like Haku, can perform seals with just one hand, being as he used Hiraishin against Madara when he still had the Rasengan active in his other hand. Oh, and you're welcome for remind you all of the epicness of the subsequent page. Bam!

    That was an argument I made in Minato vs. Nagato yet it holds just as true here. People doubt the epicness of Minato's speed. Speed is how fast he can do something. If he wants to teleport somewhere he can also do so.
    Seals just make it easier to mold chakra, they aren't always necessary.

  10. #68
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    He couldn't just leave when he saw the tags, he had to save Naruto first. If he just left from the start they would have both died taking the bombs with them.
    We already saw him scooping Naruto out of whatever towel was holding him that had the tags on it. He scooped him and teleported, and got hit by the explosion's blast, similar to Sasuke taking the hit from Deidara's C0.

  11. #69
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    An explosion that Madara made him aware of, and one that happens slowly since the explosive tag needs to burn. Very different scenerio.
    I would think that if he has speed greater than the man who avoided the instant Amaterasu, and he avoided that speedy guy as well, he can avoid a meager explosion of the sort Itachi's clone can dish out. Seriously, you think that explosion is faster than Amaterasu or Raikage?

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  12. #70
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Of course, since Rikudou Sennin has the eyes that created Sharingan, etc. (and he could use Izanagi), it's not hard to assume that for all intents and purposes, he has both Sharingan and an Uchiha body. Not to mention that it seems like Sharingan owns Bijuu, so, I'd actually think Itachi can control Juubi, at the least.

    ---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------


    Interesting that you post this, btw. We see him teleporting away from the explosion, but he gets blown by the force anyway, and doesn't land properly. I remember people thinking that Shinra Tensei wasn't going to do anything to him when he was teleporting. But yea, you proved that teleportation is hax, haha.


    He didn't land properly because he was cradling and protecting Naruto - an infant. He cradled Naruto to protect him from the explosion and he didn't land on his feet so as to not risk Naruto falling or getting hurt. He was basically an airbag for Naruto.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #71
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Posts
    2,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I would think that if he has speed greater than the man who avoided the instant Amaterasu, and he avoided that speedy guy as well, he can avoid a meager explosion of the sort Itachi's clone can dish out. Seriously, you think that explosion is faster than Amaterasu or Raikage?
    Amaterasu was only avoided because Raikage was prepared for it and he looked at his eyes.

  15. #72
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    At the same time, though, he is able to teleport to a kunai of his choosing , then teleport to the one closest to his opponent, and attack. His mind's synapses seem to fire pretty damn rapidly.
    Not arguing with the fact that he does not have those but Itachi has the best feats in reaction times in the entire Manga (well perhaps Nagato can argue here) after his lighting bolt feat. Yes even above Minato.

    Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    I fully agree with your final argument about Itachi and Sasuke. However, I fully disagree with your assumptions on Minato's speed. See here my argument on Minato's speed:

    No one is faster than Minato. You need to perform seals to cast Hiraishin. Proof? Here it is. If Minato has to use seals to cast Hiraishin, he performed those seals with A literally molecules away from blasting his face into next week. That's how fast Minato is. Once again, no one is faster than Minato.

    Oh, also, if this is true, then Minato, much like Haku, can perform seals with just one hand, being as he used Hiraishin against Madara when he still had the Rasengan active in his other hand. Oh, and you're welcome for remind you all of the epicness of the subsequent page. Bam!

    That was an argument I made in Minato vs. Nagato yet it holds just as true here. People doubt the epicness of Minato's speed. Speed is how fast he can do something. If he wants to teleport somewhere he can also do so.
    There is no indication in what you posted that Minato needs to do handsigns. If you read what Kakashi stated he also states no summoning tatos. So he could be refering to that when he stated that Madara was better at it. What you are going with Haku handseals is already going to far. He does not needs them, what Haku was able to do was a Kekegenkai(spelling) and Kakashi acted like that was never seen before.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I would think that if he has speed greater than the man who avoided the instant Amaterasu, and he avoided that speedy guy as well, he can avoid a meager explosion of the sort Itachi's clone can dish out. Seriously, you think that explosion is faster than Amaterasu or Raikage?
    Its not the same thing. Raikage had insane reaction times with his raiton lvl 2 something that Minato does not have.
    Last edited by xXan; July 22, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

  16. #73
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Amaterasu was only avoided because Raikage was prepared for it and he looked at his eyes.
    Rikage was standing still when the instant Amaterasu came into existence, and he still dipped on it. Minato's speed is greater than Raikage's. He would be out of there in no time. Minato is faster than Raikage's best speed.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  17. #74
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    [/B]

    He didn't land properly because he was cradling and protecting Naruto - an infant. He cradled Naruto to protect him from the explosion and he didn't land on his feet so as to not risk Naruto falling or getting hurt. He was basically an airbag for Naruto.
    Right, so the explosion forced him to land in a different way. If there's no explosion there (say it's just kunai coming at him), there is no force acting on his body, and he just teleports with Naruto. His teleportation doesn't allow him to simply avoid all forces acting on his body, that is my point.

  18. #75
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Not arging to the fact that the don't but Itachi has the best feats in reaction times in the entire Manga (well perhaps Nagato can argue here) after his lighting bolt feat. Yes even above Minato.



    There is no indication in what you posted that Minato needs to do handsigns. If you read what Kakashi stated he also states no summoning tatos. So he could be refering to that when he stated that Madara was better at it. What you are going with Haku handseals is already going to far. He does not needs them, what Haku was able to do was a Kekegenkai(spelling) and Kakashi acted like that was never seen before.



    Its not the same thing. Raikage had insane reaction times with his raiton lvl 2 something that Minato does not have.
    If Minato reacts to it, his reaction is superior. Raikage acknowledged Minato a the fastest.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts