Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

78 43.58%
  • Minato

101 56.42%
Thread Closed
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57

Thread: Itachi vs Minato

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Itachi vs Minato

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    I just want to point out that people praise Itachi for bringing up susanoo in a split second. But if u look at it closely, it should be clear he anticipated something coming. Hell, even zetsu knew what sasuke was about to do.

Yet on the other hand, most failed to see that Minato reacted to someone who moved liked a lightning bolt, and there was nothing indicating raiakge was going to be that fast. Not only that, he teleported then came back and basically almost owned raikage
    By all accounts, Susanoo materializes immediately. Yet there was no sign of it before Sasuke dropped Kirin. So unless Itachi was holding it back from fully materializing, he still would have had to activate it as Kirin was dropped. And Minato knew who Ee was and that he could move fast. By his actions he had some idea what to expect.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to point out that people praise Itachi for bringing up susanoo in a split second. But if u look at it closely, it should be clear he anticipated something coming. Hell, even zetsu knew what sasuke was about to do.
    That may be right but Itachi still activated Susanoo after Kirin was launched. He didn't activate it during Sasukes speech.

-----

I voted for Itachi for the simple fact that Minato never showed any Genjutsu skills even tough both fighters are my only and absolute favourite characters.

Minato never faced or used Genjutsu. That doesn't make him automatically immune in this department. I can't buy the Hokage argument because shinobis like Kakashi or Orochimaru should become Hokages too and both of them had no answer to Itachis Genjutsu. I agree that Minato is stronger and faster than Kakashi and Orochimaru, but at this time I can't give him more credit than the performance shown by other top tier shinobis who even are skilled in Genjutsu and equipped with a sharingan.
    Itachi on the other hand is the best Genjutsu user so far, showed impressive Ninjutsu and never got stomped with Taijutsu. The way he is executing his attacks and the professional usage of clones shouldn't be underestimated.
    Overall I think both of them are on the same level. Unfortunately we never saw Minato dealing with Genjutsu. I think with his full arsenal (I assume he has more Jutsus in his repertoire) he is slightly stronger than Itachi.
    But counting what the Manga showed so far, I have to give it to Itachi.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Infernal Stigma's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    We didn't see Minato at all during the summoning, so that's hardly an argument. We know how Hiraishin works. We have been told multiple times that it's Minato reverse summoning himself. The only way that Minato could teleport the Kyuubi with him would be by touching it. He can't just teleport whatever he wishes however he wants. The rules have been made clear about summoning and it's variations. The Kyuubi was already forming the Bijuu Blast and holding it down didn't eliminate it's ability to fire it. Completely different situations. While we haven't seen Minato deal with genjutsu, we know what's required to deal with Itachi's genjutsu and Minato doesn't have any of the requirements. Without those requirements, Minato has no way to deal with Itachi's normal genjutsus, let alone Tsukuyomi. On the other hand, we know that Minato's teleportation is really him reverse summoning himself. For him to teleport the Kyuubi, he would have needed to be in physical contact at the time, as that's the only way outside of a contract to reverse summon something.

Kabuto's chakra levels couldn't have been very low. Not only was he able to get right back up moments later and summon Manda, but from then on he had no trouble standing or escaping when the time comes. If he was low on chakra, he would have been barely able to move. That has been shown multiple times in the series. Heck, even with the Kyuubi to refill him, Naruto could barely move after his exhausting battle with Pain. So being low on chakra couldn't have been the case. Same with Sasuke, considering there was no indication that he was reaching his limit chakra-wise. Like I said before, you shouldn't take that translation as absolute fact. What Kabuto actually said in Japanese could have very different meaning then what that person translated.
    Not true:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c501/6.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c501/7.html

Madara put's Kyubi under a genjutsu here.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c501/8.html

At child birth the seal was weak so Kushina had to birth outside the village incase she looses control. This opportunity gave Madara the chnce to break it. It was easy!
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c500/10.html

He then controls Kyubi to comeout since the seal was that weak.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c501/9.html

Minato now shows up and takes her away and he still hasn't touched Kyubi.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c501/13.html

Minato goes back to konoha and he still hasn't touched Kyubi
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c502/6.html

Yes Minato can teleport whatever he wants without tagging those things.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c502/7.html

Minato summons bunta, He still hasn't touched Kyubi:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c503/10.html

Minato standing on top of Bunta, He still hasn't touched Kyubi:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c503/11.html

Kyubi gets teleported and He still hasn't touched Kyubi:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c503/12.html

He teleported the Kyubi without tagging it, and He teleported the Biju bomb without tagging it. He can teleport Ninjutsu without tagging it. The tags are where he teleports to, if that was the case then he would have teleported Kushina to where he was since she has a tag on her.

You seem to be ignoring manga evidence. "I don't think Kabuto used up that much chakra"
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v19/c168/7.html

Kabuto in his mind says: "Of course as a trade off, it uses up just about all my chakra".
    You are saying: Kabuto chakra couldn't have been very low. Was Kabuto lying to himself and the readers?? It doesn't take alot of chakra to summon the snakes.
    When something eats up about all of something, it most likely means that thing EATS UP ABOUT ALL OF WHATEVER IT'S EATING. I put it in bold red large size letters just for you incase you missed that part. And it was quoted verbatim from the manga. Mangafacts > assumptions. If the Japanese translation was different, share it.

Off topic question: How was he not able to teleport Kushina who had a tag on her but he teleported Kyubi who didn't? I dunno, Kishi may not explain this.
    Last edited by Infernal Stigma; July 27, 2011 at 01:59 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Well, Minato did know about Raikage's speed and saw him in time. All he needed to do was use HIraishin, even if his physical speed was slower than Raikage's. Both men know to some degree that they were being attacked and reacted quickly to it. The way one reacted shouldn't be used to compare the other since jutsu are different and they were in different situation.
    No, he heard raikage is fast, but no way he knew he was as fast like a freaking lightning bolt. Yet he still managed to react then proceeded to carry out an ingenious plan.

Itachi had plenty of time to figure out what sasuke was up to since his actions were leading up to it. Even zetsu knew.... unless u want to argue that zetsu is smarter than itachi

Point is, Minato's speed and reflexes are faster/better than itachi imo

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RikudoKing
    By all accounts, Susanoo materializes immediately. Yet there was no sign of it before Sasuke dropped Kirin. So unless Itachi was holding it back from fully materializing, he still would have had to activate it as Kirin was dropped. And Minato knew who Ee was and that he could move fast. By his actions he had some idea what to expect.
    Doesn't mean he wasn't ready to use it or was prepping it.
    as for the second part. read above

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

After this chapter( which I won't discuss) my vote goes to itachi.The guy is kipping up with kyuiby mode for god sake!!!!
    Minato is the male barbie .Barbie is popular for being pretty and Minato for being cool. Power wise compare to the top is just

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that he heard about Raikage's speed means he had an inkling Raikage was almost as fast as a lighning bolt. Minato had some warning to Raikage and knowledge of him even if it was rumor, which in my opinion takes nothing away from Minato as he still reacted and didn't even know the FULL extent of Raikage's speed.

Itachi didn't have his Susano'o out until Kirin was already charging towards Itachi, no? He was also able to get Susano'o up pretty quickly despite being very blind.

Minato's speed and reflexes may be better, I think it is, but with Itachi's Sharingan, speed, and reflexes, Itachi can actually keep up with Minato. While despite Sharingan he may not match Minato move for move, he can react in time to avoid attacks and use jutsu to get Minato away from him. If it weren't for Sharingan's ability to predict, then Sasuke would have been dead against Bee. If not for Sharingan, and if Itachi's speed and reflexes aren't near Minato's level, then I can't see him having a chance.

However, if MInato gets caught in Itachi's genjutsu, I can't really see him winning as Itachi can cut his head off easily enough.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Infernal Stigma;2551758 show
    First off, you clearly misunderstand what I said. I never said that Minato has to place a tag to teleport. He has to touch, as in be in physical contact, to teleport something. That's how a reverse summoning works without a contract. Secondly, Minato would have jumped down off of Gamabunta's head to touch the Kyuubi. Third, you'll notice that to teleport the Bijuu Blast, he required his Hiraishin kunai to open a portal. He can't simply teleport whatever whenever. he has to stand there and wait for it to come to him.

Again, I'm saying taking a single translation as absolute proof doesn't work. Translations can very depending on the person doing it. That's why there's so many different variations of translations, even on this site itself. For what Kabuto said to be true, that would mean he had to summon Manda with next to no chakra and still have enough chakra left over to not just stand around but also escape on his own. Yet every other person who get's low on chakra can barely walk, let alone walk fine. Even Naruto with the Kyuubi as aid could barely go on after his fight with Pain and had to have Kakashi carry him back. So manga pictures and multiple examples > single translations.

No, he heard raikage is fast, but no way he knew he was as fast like a freaking lightning bolt. Yet he still managed to react then proceeded to carry out an ingenious plan.

Itachi had plenty of time to figure out what sasuke was up to since his actions were leading up to it. Even zetsu knew.... unless u want to argue that zetsu is smarter than itachi

Point is, Minato's speed and reflexes are faster/better than itachi imo

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Doesn't mean he wasn't ready to use it or was prepping it.
    as for the second part. read above
    There is no prep with Susanoo and since we know Itachi didn't activate it until Kirin was actually dropped, that still speaks of it's speed.

There's a good change that Minato did know or expect Ee's speed, thus the reason he told everyone to stand back and let him handle it while throwing out even more Hiraishin tags. Reacting at the very last minute doesn't not suggest that Minato's reflexes are better then Itachi's, especially since we have been told that his reflexes are comparable to base Ee and Sasuke had better reflexes.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57