Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

78 43.58%
  • Minato

101 56.42%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Itachi vs Minato

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Itachi vs Minato

I really don't see any of the top tier kage classed ninjas loosing to genjustu in a matter of seconds, as seen with A. Though this match up is interesting nonetheless.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We've seen Kage-class ninja be completely controlled by genjutsu...I doubt that reaching that level automatically gives you immunity to genjutsu, and let's not forget that Itachi's Tsukuyomi only needs a few seconds to be effective.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Show me Minato losing to a genjutsu. Take your time.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

He has been proven to be susceptible to Tsukuyomi, so to that, yes, but i would not assume he is vulnerable to lesser genjutsu.
    LOL what part of "the manga needs to show him able to take genjutsu and not the other way around" where you unable to comprehend? Some logic there bub, what if i ask you to probe to me that Sasuke can't sneeze the planet apart? Only on screen evidence will do.

Also ok let's use you logic. Itachi can deflect teleportation and redirect it direcly inside a rock, show me him unable to do that lol. As you stated "Take your time".

I can post a huge list of elite ninja that got owned by genjutsu but Minato is not going to right? Let me gues why because of his fanbase and your love for him... Don't wory he will win this fight like all the others. Of course a logical arguement on how he will fight Itachi's genjutsu will never be presented and the only thing that will be stated is the completly inlogical line "just because he never done it does not mean he can't do it" from people that can't even read the tournament rules. The fighters can only be considered as they have been shown on panel or text. Of course i have no problem with corelations and some logical detuctions but Minato has absolutly no feats in genjutsu.
    Give me some logical evidence why Minato will be able to take Itachi's genjutsu and not the ridiculously inlogical line "just because he never showed to be able to counter it does not mean he can't".

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At this level of combat, there has to be something more, I am sorry if you guys don't agree. I only get one vote so if you are more persuasive it shouldn't be a problem.

I am not permitting Itachi to one-shot the most powerful people in the Narutoverse without any basis whatsoever. If Itachi wins here, and faces Naruto, my assumption will be that unless Naruto shows genjutsu defense in the next few days, he dies pretty quick because weakness was displayed. I am not saying Itachi cannot win with genjutsu, because he definitely can, but for me it isn't an automatic assumption because Minato has never had to defende/face genjutsu in the manga. There is no free pass for itachi when people have not shown a weakness to genjutsu.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

minato wins easily. nagato was much stronger than itachi.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

At this level of combat, there has to be something more, I am sorry if you guys don't agree. I only get one vote so if you are more persuasive it shouldn't be a problem.

I am not permitting Itachi to one-shot the most powerful people in the Narutoverse without any basis whatsoever. If Itachi wins here, and faces Naruto, my assumption will be that unless Naruto shows genjutsu defense in the next few days, he dies pretty quick because weakness was displayed. I am not saying Itachi cannot win with genjutsu, because he definitely can, but for me it isn't an automatic assumption because Minato has never had to defende/face genjutsu in the manga. There is no free pass for itachi when people have not shown a weakness to genjutsu.
    So no logical evidence as to why you just leave it to votes as you know the huge fanbase he has. Ok.
    You can also look below you how Minato is going to win. Because people don't care about a logical argument and only go "woo Minato him win yeah".

Also Naruto showed genjutsu defence ... Clones...

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    minato wins easily. nagato was much stronger than itachi.
    I will place the same chalange on you as well. Provide evidence on how Minato is going to counter genjutsu.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marshmallow-sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi's got this in the bag.

Yum~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    So no logical evidence as to why you just leave it to votes as you know the huge fanbase he has. Ok.

Also Naruto showed genjutsu defence ... Clones...
    How is it leaving it to a fanbase? if you stop whining and spend time being persuasive it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, but itachi has genjutsupwned Naruto multiple times, so the assumption is on Itachi's side, imo.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it really comes down to what standard you hold the ninja's competing to; I could easily say that Minato tosses a kunai, Itachi deflect it and then Minato teleports to the kunai and Rasengan's Itachi, but since Itachi's a s-ranked ninja I assume that he'd last more than a couple seconds against Minato. I don't think either of these guys would go down that easily. Maybe if Minato attacks first, Itachi reflexes and sharingan would prevent him from being killed right of the bat, but Minato would be able to place a seal. If Minato gets caught in a genjutsu, about the same level as the one placed on Naruto, he would be able to get out of it if he summoned a toad right? If he can't get out by himself.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you're saying, but we already know what works on Tsukuyomi, no? We can basically run a checklist on it.

Does Minato have Sharingan - No
    Does Minato have Uchiha Blood - No
    Does Minato have a Bijuu - No

Kakashi had Sharingan, but no Uchiha Blood...he got one-shotted.
    Orochimaru is a genjutsu master, and he was pwned by a regular Sharingan genjutsu.
    Sasuke had Sharingan (two tomoe) and Uchiha blood, but he got pwned by it.
    Deidara got pwned by generic genjutsu.
    Naruto got training on how to defend against Genjutsu, and got pwned by it, while the Itachi clone was fighting Kakashi.

Bee actually got caught by Sasuke's Tsukuyomi for a bit, before the Bijuu broke him out...and we already know from the Kakashi fight that he doesn't need much time to injure you pretty badly.

It'd be like me saying "well, I can't see a Kage-level ninja losing to a kunai, it's too generic and lame" or "I can't see a Kage-level ninja losing to an A rank technique like Rasengan." It makes no sense. We've seen that Rasengan is a powerful technique, and we've seen that if you're caught in the wrong situation, a kunai or a sword can end you.

13. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! Decisions, decisions! Too... much... bad...ass...ery! If you all feel the same, I have glorified the epicness of each contender here. I will probably wait after this discussion gets intense to see who I'm convinced to go for! This is the best match of the tournament!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

itachi was very fast,I don't know why anyone refferred to him when it was talking about fast ninjas. sasuke was almost as fast as A,even if a bit slower.itachi was faster than sasuke. but minato owns itachi for speed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but we already know what works on Tsukuyomi, no? We can basically run a checklist on it.

Does Minato have Sharingan - No
    Does Minato have Uchiha Blood - No
    Does Minato have a Bijuu - No

Kakashi had Sharingan, but no Uchiha Blood...he got one-shotted.
    Orochimaru is a genjutsu master, and he was pwned by a regular Sharingan genjutsu.
    Sasuke had Sharingan (two tomoe) and Uchiha blood, but he got pwned by it.
    Deidara got pwned by generic genjutsu.
    Naruto got training on how to defend against Genjutsu, and got pwned by it, while the Itachi clone was fighting Kakashi.

Bee actually got caught by Sasuke's Tsukuyomi for a bit, before the Bijuu broke him out...and we already know from the Kakashi fight that he doesn't need much time to injure you pretty badly.

It'd be like me saying "well, I can't see a Kage-level ninja losing to a kunai, it's too generic and lame" or "I can't see a Kage-level ninja losing to an A rank technique like Rasengan." It makes no sense. We've seen that Rasengan is a powerful technique, and we've seen that if you're caught in the wrong situation, a kunai or a sword can end you.
    Even if you run a checklist, there is no guarantee he would ever be caught in one to need any of those things.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it leaving it to a fanbase? if you stop whining and spend time being persuasive it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, but itachi has genjutsupwned Naruto multiple times, so the assumption is on Itachi's side, imo.
    Fine then provide evidence that Minato can counter genjutsu. You are ignoring ALL the people who got 1 shoted with genjutsu and then state its Minato so he wins. That is all you are providing. If i am missing any evidence on how Minato is going to win to provide it.

Quote Quote:
    Even if you run a checklist, there is no guarantee he would ever be caught in one to need any of those things.
    How many times he made eye contact with Madara and Raikage hmm?
    Last edited by xXan; July 22, 2011 at 03:02 PM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

How would Minato defend against genjutsu if he didn't know he was in one?

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast