Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

78 43.58%
  • Minato

101 56.42%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Itachi vs Minato

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Itachi vs Minato

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Even if you run a checklist, there is no guarantee he would ever be caught in one to need any of those things.
    Ok...so I guess he's going to start the fight looking at Itachi's feet or something? He does seals so fast that the Sharingan (which tracks seals) couldn't follow it. Karasu Bunshins and Genjutsu are really just a second away for him.

I'm still not entirely sure who wins this, but that's because Minato has as about as much of an opportunity for instapwnage as Itachi does. Throw kunai, teleport, Rasengan, GG. That vs...look at you, Tsukuyomi, GG.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Ok...so I guess he's going to start the fight looking at Itachi's feet or something? He does seals so fast that the Sharingan (which tracks seals) couldn't follow it. Karasu Bunshins and Genjutsu are really just a second away for him.

I'm still not entirely sure who wins this, but that's because Minato has as about as much of an opportunity for instapwnage as Itachi does. Throw kunai, teleport, Rasengan, GG. That vs...look at you, Tsukuyomi, GG.
    That would not work. Itachi can block any attack even if he has a split second to spare. Why do i state this? Because of his speed at putting up Susano that was faster then a lighting bolt.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    That would not work. Itachi can block any attack even if he has a split second to spare. Why do i state this? Because of his speed at putting up Susano that was faster then a lighting bolt.
    How would he know to put up Susano? Minato teleporting to the kunai and using Rasengan isn't as obvious as Sasuke's set up for Karin.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@xXan - I'm not sold on him activating it quicker than Hiraishin, which let Minato teleport twice in basically a second, vs. Raikage. Raikage seemed to think he could counter it if he tried again, so who knows...but for now, I'm not convinced.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rell250's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All i have to say is how the hell did Itachi beat Tobi and how did Minato beat Nagato? This "tournament" is going exactly how i predicted. Naruto vs Minato in the finals. Demi god vs demi god lol.
    Naruto's finale will be EPIC , Nvm Naruto series has a long way to go

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember the how intense the original "Itachi vs Minato" thread was...none of the debaters came out on top.

@jdw

The "Minato never fell to genjutsu" argument uses very broken logic and we can easily turn that around and say "Itachi never fell to Hiraishin". Also, this kind of logic defeats the purpose of the fight threads in general, which is to compare their known abilities and feats to determine a winner.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At this level of combat, there has to be something more, I am sorry if you guys don't agree. I only get one vote so if you are more persuasive it shouldn't be a problem.

I am not permitting Itachi to one-shot the most powerful people in the Narutoverse without any basis whatsoever. If Itachi wins here, and faces Naruto, my assumption will be that unless Naruto shows genjutsu defense in the next few days, he dies pretty quick because weakness was displayed. I am not saying Itachi cannot win with genjutsu, because he definitely can, but for me it isn't an automatic assumption because Minato has never had to defende/face genjutsu in the manga. There is no free pass for itachi when people have not shown a weakness to genjutsu.
    Lol see i told you.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato has a real shot at winning, but IC he would look in Itachi's eyes and get hit by genjutsu.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas.Sama View Post
    I remember the how intense the original "Itachi vs Minato" thread was...none of the debaters came out on top.

@jdw

The "Minato never fell to genjutsu" argument uses very broken logic and we can easily turn that around and say "Itachi never fell to Hiraishin". Also, this kind of logic defeats the purpose of the fight threads in general, which is to compare their known abilities and feats to determine a winner.
    Nicholas.Sama, even if you say the logic is broken, that is fine. While we are to use the abilities/feats of people, can we assume that Itachi would directly lose to Minato because we never saw him face anyone faster than himself? Of course not. Could we say that Itachi is incapable of genjutsuing Minato because we never saw him face and genjutsu anyone faster than himself/at Minato's speed? Itachi has not such feat, does he?

Are you going to instantly give your vote to Minato now?

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    How would he know to put up Susano? Minato teleporting to the kunai and using Rasengan isn't as obvious as Sasuke's set up for Karin.
    If it was the tricked pulle on Madara he would not see it of course but that can't be replicated as Itachi can't have a kunai pass trough his head.

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    @xXan - I'm not sold on him activating it quicker than Hiraishin, which let Minato teleport twice in basically a second, vs. Raikage. Raikage seemed to think he could counter it if he tried again, so who knows...but for now, I'm not convinced.
    Itachi is not going to chakra at Minato like Raikage. More then that Itachi has clones and Minato does not. Minato will always have to chose from 2 targets. Aside from that:
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/28815369/15
    Raikage is looking back in Minato's direction so he noticed where he disapeared. Then here:
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/28815369/16
    He again is looking back at Minato. He just can't dodge it. Itachi would have no problem using Susano at that moment. But of course Itachi is just going to genjutsu him and any Kunai trowen at him Minato will be forced to teleport right in front of Itachi and that will not work.
    Add the fact that Minato starts by trowing his kunai about giving lots of time to Itachi to summon a clone and/or using genjutsu. Its not like Itachi is just going to sit there and do nothing in that time. Also the time it takes for the Kunai to get to Itachi its enough time for Minato to end up in genjutsu.

Nicholas.Sama, even if you say the logic is broken, that is fine. While we are to use the abilities/feats of people, can we assume that Itachi would directly lose to Minato because we never saw him face anyone faster than himself? Of course not. Could we say that Itachi is incapable of genjutsuing Minato because we never saw him face anyone faster than himself? Itachi has not such feat, does he?
    If Sasuke can use genjutsu on Bee who was way faster then himself for Itachi this would be nothing. The rest is just nonsense.
    Go ahead and post counters to Itachi's main way of fighting because you showed none.
    Last edited by xXan; July 22, 2011 at 03:19 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas.Sama View Post

@jdw

But the thing is. If it involves Naruto or Minato that type of real logic is null and void. Minato and Naruto will always win and be on top. That's just how it is and has to be. Even i accept it lol.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

minato was a genious,the best genious of ever it seems.then he wouldn't fail against genjutsu,that need intelligence to be used and to be countered. of course itachi is better than minato in genjutsu,and the hypnotic sharingan would be a pain in ass for minato. but amaterasu can be avoided with the shunshin,as did A. susanoo can be avoided too,and tsukuyomi would be very dangerous but minato would be smart enough to attack itachi before being defeated.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Minato has a real shot at winning, but IC he would look in Itachi's eyes and get hit by genjutsu.
    I think the issue with Minato's winning is similar to the issue with Itachi winning. Minato has a killer technique that A couldn't react to the first time it happened...but B was able to react and defend A. Itachi has a killer technique that only Sasuke has overcome (and it's almost explicitly stated that Itachi held back on that), but...we've seen Minato react to Tobi's warp and teleport away, as well as A's max speed attack. I understand that Itachi could make him think he dropped his kunai to teleport, or make him think he's teleported when he didn't, but I'm not prepared to make that assumption yet...

No matter how this fight goes, it's too quick for chakra to become a factor, IMO. It's a very quick fight, less than a minute, really.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was the tricked pulle on Madara he would not see it of course but that can't be replicated as Itachi can't have a kunai pass trough his head.
    It dosen't have to go through his head lol, Itachi would either dodge or deflect the kunai, the second it goes past him/off in another direction, Minato could teleport/rasengan.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi is not going to chakra at Minato like Raikage. More then that Itachi has clones and Minato does not. Minato will always have to chose from 2 targets. Aside from that:
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/28815369/15
    Raikage is looking back in Minato's direction so he noticed where he disapeared. Then here:
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/28815369/16
    He again is looking back at Minato. He just can't dodge it. Itachi would have no problem using Susano at that moment. But of course Itachi is just going to genjutsu him and any Kunai trowen at him Minato will be forced to teleport right in front of Itachi and that will not work.
    Add the fact that Minato starts by trowing his kunai about giving lots of time to Itachi to summon a clone and/or using genjutsu. Its not like Itachi is just going to sit there and do nothing in that time. Also the time it takes for the Kunai to get to Itachi its enough time for Minato to end up in genjutsu.

If Sasuke can use genjutsu on Bee who was way faster then himself for Itachi this would be nothing. The rest is just nonsense.
    Go ahead and post counters to Itachi's main way of fighting because you showed none.
    Raikage is faster than Bee and Sasuke didn't use genjutsu, did he? Maybe he met a level could couldn't touch, who knows. If minato is faster than Raikage, and Raikage is faster than Bee....

Also Sasuke's Sharingan > Itachi's.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast