Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Korra

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Legend of Korra Official Discussion Thread

Not every world has to have a black person.^^ Or did one appear in the past of the series?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished watching Avatar the Last Airbender. I know I'm late on this but man that was an awesome show :')

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some interesting news that I don't think we knew before:
    Quote Quote:
    Avatar: The Last Airbender may have ended in 2008 but it left a devoted fan base that has only grown in recent years. Now the sequel to the hit animated Nickleodeon show is poised to become just as popular if the thousands of people crammed into Ballroom 20 at San Diego Comic Con last week were any indication. The cast and creators of The Legend of Korra were on hand at SDCC where they gave out a few hints about what the second part of season one would bring.

Book Two picks up six months after the conclusion of Book One: Air. Team Avatar will travel to the Southern Water Tribe and Southern Air Temple as Korra (Janet Varney) continues mastering the elements. She will also make a trip or two to the spirit world, as hinted at by the Book Two’s subtitle, Spirits. But the team will also split apart as Asami (Seychelle Gabriel) takes control of her father’s company, Future Industries, Bolin (P.J. Byrne) returns to the Pro-Bending arena and Mako (David Faustino) becomes a Republic City policeman.

Even before SDCC, Nickelodeon had already order three more seasons of Korra, for a total of 52 episodes, and it’s easy to see why. The short previews displayed at Comic-Con proved that Korra hasn’t lost its superb balance between action, humor, mystery, the supernatural, and romance. If you aren’t convinced, just watch the Book One highlights below and be sure to keep an eye out for Book Two: Spirits premiering in Summer 2013.
    So it seems like they all will be doing a more solo thing this season, instead of a team thing.

Also, if anyone missed the "Making of a Legend", you can watch all twelve here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...A&feature=plcp

5. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A short preview clip for season 2:

7. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shuha27 View Post
    I just finished watching Avatar the Last Airbender. I know I'm late on this but man that was an awesome show :')
    Do yourself a favor and don't follow up with the live-action movie.

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    A short preview clip for season 2:

It looks like the stepped up on the animation! Or at least changed the style just slightly. I have to say it looks good. Cannot wait!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Legend of Korra

New trailer and info from Comic-Con:

Spoiler: Comic-con Panel show

10. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The creators kept talking about the production process on their Tumblr, but what I really want to know was when Book 2 would air. Even though there's no exact date, it's good that we'll have something to look forward to in September.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the trailer is beautiful. I'm really looking forward to this season, and like Ass-chan says, knowing that September is the ballpark we're looking at adds to the anticipation!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so jealous that the attendees of the panel at Comic con got to see the whole of the first episode. I hope to find it somewhere online soon . I can't wait to see Bolin again and his interaction with Korra's twin cousins are bound to be hilarious and Wan Shi Tong returns! I really enjoyed his character in Book 2 of LoA.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Asa-chan*****

LMAO. I like how no one addressed that wonderful finger spasm. I don't think you're an ass, Asarii! I just had a couple of beers.

Anyway, Target was selling the first season on Korra for only $10 this week, so my sister and I bought it. We'll marathon it for sure before the new season arrives!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Panel from Comic-con for anyone that missed it:

---------- Post added August 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was July 29, 2013 at 09:16 AM ----------

Nickelodeon has released the first episode of mini series featuring Mako and Bolin. avatarthelegendofkorraonline has a summary and some notes about it:

Quote Quote:
    At this point in the story, Mako and Bolin are attempting to make a living in Republic City through means of hustling and robbery. The story picks up some time after the death of the two brothers’ parents so Mako and Bolin are already striving to live on their own. The episode immediately teases you with a plot, and then cuts you off, forcing you to wait for the next episode which is presumably titled ‘Republic City Hustle: Part 2’.
    The artwork and animation is completely different from that of the actual series, but the story telling is still fairly decent considering the episode is only 2 minutes and 45 seconds long. I would compare the artwork of this series to Samurai Jack, an older series that aired on Cartoon Network several years ago. It’s not the best quality, but considering it’s a mini series, you can’t expect much.
    Here you go:

---------- Post added August 17, 2013 at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was August 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM ----------

Book 2 begins on 17th September. Release Promo:

16. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

27 days more to go , cant wait >.<

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A new trailer for Book 2: Link.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Youtube link to make it easier:

Friday!

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Legend of Korra

The Legend of Korra

Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance, Supernatural, Comedy, Steampunk
    Directed by: Joaquim Dos Santos, Ki Hyun Ryu
    Network: Nickelodeon
    Episode Number: Originally 12 Episodes; expanded to 52

Summary: The series is set in a fictional universe where some people can manipulate, or "bend", the elements of water, earth, fire, or air. Only one person, the "Avatar", can bend all four elements, and the Avatar is responsible for maintaining balance in the world.

The first season takes place 70 years after the events of Avatar - The Last Airbender and follows Avatar Korra as she travels to the metropolis of Republic City to learn airbending and face an anti-bender revolutionary group called the "Equalists". The second has just begun airing and involves an imbalance with the spirits.

My thoughts: Much like it's predecessor, Avatar - The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra is one of the best looking animated series ever made. The blending of high quality animation and inspired fight choreography puts it quite literally in a it's own category of animated action.

The main storyline of the first season of Korra was quite good, really making the best of the new steampunk setting. Unfortunately though I thought it stumbled on a lot of little things; especially compared it's amazing predecessor. Korra just isn't as likable as Aang. She's much more brash and arrogant; which tends to cause much of the trouble she gets into; often becoming a victim of her own foolishness. Her love triangle subplot was a little janky, and the way it's resolved is a LOT janky; possibly due to the originally condensed nature of the series. The main comic relief character, Bolin, just never managed to be very funny. But in the grand scheme of things it was still a really good show.

Having just watched the two episode premiere of the second season, I'm seeing a lot of improvement pretty much across the board, especially Bolin whose legitimately funny now. I still don't find Korra to be the most likable person but that seems to be intended this time. As she is an avatar with all the power but none of the skill, wisdom, or patience; and learning that for her might be a longer and more difficult road than it was for Aang to obtain his ability to bend other elements. The carryover romance from season one is still a little janky but hopefully that will improve with time.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast