Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Korra

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Legend of Korra

Creators interview:
    Spoiler show

Pencil animation test:
    Spoiler show

Comic Con 2011 coverage new info here> http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2011...rage-and-panel

Some more new pics and character info from comic con have been released
    Spoiler show

can check the rest out here> http://avatarthelastairbenderonline....ra-panel-news/

I've waited so long for this and trailer did not dissapoint. Liking Korra's animal guide/ polar dog.
    Last edited by Animeace; August 01, 2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Added prefix ^^
    INP-Mangaz
    Ongoing projects
    Majimoji Rurumo
    Drifters

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Legend of Korra Official Discussion Thread

Thanks for posting this, awesome stuff

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Mhmmm, thank you for posting. I'm going to order the Avatar: The Last Airbender series off of Netflix and re-watch it before Korra comes out if I can manage. I'm looking forward to this mini series and hope that it has just as much substance as its predecessor.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Whiskey's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was ecstatic when I first caught wind of the new Avatar spin-off sometime last July. Hell, I ended up rewatching the whole The Last Airbender series because of such wicked news. And while Nickelodeon pushed back its release date to next summer (here’s hoping), an extra fourteen episodes is well worth the wait. Even if each episode is twenty-two minutes in length, that’s what? -- nine and a half hours of element-bending action, comedy, and solid drama.

The fact that Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko are writing all of the episodes is icing on the cake. No silly, out-of-character episodes like what happened in Avatar Day. Someone deserves to be slapped over the head with the damned storyboard for that one.

I also love that the main character is female. Yay! A fierce female who suddenly won’t forget how to handle herself or the situation whenever a guy enters a scene (like so many other dramatic action series). Please don’t disappoint me Korra. <3

Amon and the Equalist organization I’m already fond of, despite general lack of information concerning them. First impression wise, I can understand why some characters would loath the existence of bending, and thus wanting to end its practice. Undoubtedly there could be other motivations revealed later on, but I’m thankful for villains that I can, so far, empathize with and stand behind their methods of rationality.

Hmm, Mako is some nice eye-candy too. Hur Hur. >:3

The Track Team is returning, describing the new music as "the roaring '20s with an Asian twist". I’m flabbergasted by that statement, yet I really want to listen to it.
    Last edited by Whiskey; August 01, 2011 at 12:56 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's was really awesome of the creators to name one of main characters Mako in honor of the Va that played Iroh who passed a way after season 2. Cant wait to see Korra go avatar state wander if she will have any contact with Ang's spirit.
    INP-Mangaz
    Ongoing projects
    Majimoji Rurumo
    Drifters

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

They're going to great lengths to improve the choreography of the fights even more for this series it seems. As the main enemy seems to be non benders who obviously have to fight with their fists, they've taken a lot of MMA and other techniques. It'll be pretty interesting to watch, I expect the fights to be exciting. Not to mention there's only 20 or so episodes so the pacing of every episode should be good. Lots of action in each.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

O_O Please tell me they're going to redo Aang's and Katara's grownup form. XD Sorry, but they look so unnatural.
    Hmm...Korra seems BA and it looks good, but I'm uneasy about sequels....:/ I'm afraid it'll take away from the original series, plus I'm not that eager to see the grown-up forms of Aang and co. ; Well, at least they solved the problem of the Last Airbender...although Korra isn't the last Airbender anymore....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_fai View Post
    O_O Please tell me they're going to redo Aang's and Katara's grownup form. XD Sorry, but they look so unnatural.
    Hmm...Korra seems BA and it looks good, but I'm uneasy about sequels....:/ I'm afraid it'll take away from the original series, plus I'm not that eager to see the grown-up forms of Aang and co. ; Well, at least they solved the problem of the Last Airbender...although Korra isn't the last Airbender anymore....
    Grown up forms? Re-do? Aang and co are not even showed in the sequel, as 70 years have passed they are all dead. The airbender you saw in that picture is his third son, the new last airbender named Tenzin and his water tribe wife. He will be teaching the new Avatar (Korra) airbending, as she has already mastered the other 3 elements.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard anything recently about The Legend of Korra?

I don't follow any forums over it or anything, so this is the only place I would really go to get information. I didn't see any new trailers or anything like that, but if someone finds one, please post it!

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, while it officially starts on April 14th, two episodes have already leaked. Thus I decided to give a thread a pump.

First episode was strong, I really enjoyed it. The old Avatar feel is there, but still also feels new and fresh. I sure miss the old cast, but the new characters seem interesting. I especially like Aangs son Tenzin. Beginning of the first episode was impressive and fun.

Imho second episode showcased Kataras negative character traits bit too much. Also new characters who I asume to be the rest of the main group did not yet win me over. Also the possible romance picture felt bit over glued. Still non the less entertaining ep. Not bad.

Katara is nice foil to Aang. Even after being rather annoying ADHD teen in ep 2, the end smoothed things a little and I do think she'll be a great lead character.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    Okay, while it officially starts on April 14th, two episodes have already leaked. Thus I decided to give a thread a pump.

First episode was strong, I really enjoyed it. The old Avatar feel is there, but still also feels new and fresh. I sure miss the old cast, but the new characters seem interesting. I especially like Aangs son Tenzin. Beginning of the first episode was impressive and fun.

Imho second episode showcased Kataras negative character traits bit too much. Also new characters who I asume to be the rest of the main group did not yet win me over. Also the possible romance picture felt bit over glued. Still non the less entertaining ep. Not bad.

Katara is nice foil to Aang. Even after being rather annoying ADHD teen in ep 2, the end smoothed things a little and I do think she'll be a great lead character.
    Indeed, her headstrong and naive character leaves lots of room for great character development. That's exactly what i love to see! Pulling my hair out waiting for the 3rd episode here!!!!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the first two episodes and it's really good. Much potential in this one.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I was wondering how Amon would compete with the likes of Ozai and Azula as a main villain, and I have to say his ability dispel any doubts. I can't wait to learn more about whatever spirits gave him his power and are against the Avatar's existences. And Korra teaming up with Mako was awesome.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Last episode was amazing...very interested in the background of this villain...and funny how both Mako and Amon share similarities in their past(family killed by a firebender)...

It's an amazing series until now...I love every character and the vibe of the villain is really cool...

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only Amon, but I were iffy about non-bending Equalists as baddies in the first place. But this episode dispeled all my fears. This works great, and Amon is intriguing. I guess one reasons for that is, that I can understand their feelings to certain extent.

The action scenes looked very good on this episode.

New Reply
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast