Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ouran High School Host Club

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouran High School Host Club

Ouran High School Host Club

Details

• Title: 桜蘭高校ホスト部
    • Title (romaji): Ouran High School Host Club
    • Format: Renzoku
    • Genre: School comedy
    • Episodes: TBA
    • Viewership rating: TBA
    • Broadcast network: TBS
    • Broadcast period: 2011-Jul-22 start
    • Air time: Friday 24:20
    • Theme song: FRiDAY-MA-MAGiC by miwa

Synopsis

Quote Quote:
    The story revolves around a high school girl named Fujioka Haruhi (Kawaguchi) at the prestigious Ouran Academy, who stumbles upon a group of male students who have formed their own club as hosts. Accidentally breaking an antique vase, Haruhi ends up owing the club a vast amount of money, and she ends up posing as a host in order to repay her debt. --Tokyograph

Cast

Spoiler show

Production Credits

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Episode 1

Being the big Ouran fan that I am, I had to check this episode out.

Before watching the episode to refresh my memory and because I just love Ouran, I re-watched the first episode of the anime and it doesn’t matter how many times I re-watch Ouran I always enjoy it just as the first time I watched this awesome anime.

After re-watching the first episode of the anime I proceeded to watch the first episode of the J-drama…I was a bit worried because I didn’t know how well it could translate a series like Ouran into the drama realm, to my grateful surprise it translated just wonderfully.

The first episode of the J-drama was pretty faithful to the canon material but it wasn’t quite the same as to what happens in the anime/manga, which it wasn’t bad at all because it made me feel like watching something new but familiar at the same time…I hope that made sense.

The acting was great!! All the cast portrayed their respective characters fantastically, especially Yamamoto Yuusuke. Yes, he doesn’t look 100% like Tamaki, but he sure knows how to bring Tamaki’s personality to life. He has absolutely captured Tamaki’s essence.

The first episode of this J-drama was very enjoyable and I’m already looking forward to the second episode. I re-watched the third episode of the anime in preparation for the second ep of the J-drama and I hope it is just as fun as the third episode of the anime. ^_^
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ouran High School Host Club

Yey!! I'm glad you make the thread, destiny4ever!
    Now we can discuss this awesome live-action to our hearts' content.

I have to agree that Yusuke isn't similar in anyway to Tamaki in appearance but the personality... geez~ he really captured the baka prince's personality.

I have to say this though: HITACHIIN TWINS! YOU GUYS ARE SO ADORABLE!!! >.<
    I'm sorry but I just have to let the world know that I love them the best with their "little devils" personality and naughty smiles. I hope in the upcoming episodes, they'll start on their pranks! XD

The first episode was indeed very enjoyable (and hilarious too ) and I can't wait for the second eps to be subbed.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Yey!! I'm glad you make the thread, destiny4ever!
    And I’m very glad you joined this thread, yukihime03!
    Quote Quote:
    Now we can discuss this awesome live-action to our hearts' content.
    You bet!
    Quote Quote:
    I have to agree that Yusuke isn't similar in anyway to Tamaki in appearance but the personality... geez~ he really captured the baka prince's personality.
    He really impressed me, Yuusuke is an amazing actor! Tamaki is not the easiest character to play and he did it splendidly.
    Quote Quote:
    I'm sorry but I just have to let the world know that I love them the best with their "little devils" personality and naughty smiles. I hope in the upcoming episodes, they'll start on their pranks! XD
    If the next ep is adapted faithfully to the manga/anime then we will see one of the funniest pranks the twins played on Tamaki.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 02 = nipples festival. ^_^
    Waiting for the subs.
    The excess of Nekozawa is bothering me. I hope they don't strech it when he gets to be the central story.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2

Another great episode! It is amazingly how faithfully they are adapting Ouran and at the same time they manage to bring some new and fresh to the table; that’s why although I know what is coming and I can enjoy the episode without a problem. As I said before it’s like watching something familiar but new at the same time.

Yuusuke keeps impressing me with his acting , he’s Tamaki! He can perfectly portray Tamaki’s funny/baka side as well as his cool/awesome side.

Haruna-chan is a great actress as well; I especially enjoyed her acting during the scene when she gives Tamaki the evil/mad glance; it was exactly like in the anime.

I have nothing against Kenozawa but the excess of him is beginning to bother me as well, he is turning into what Renge was in the anime, an annoyance. I would easily do without him in each episode.

It seems the next ep will be an original one but I don’t remember that story happening in the manga or anime.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I have nothing against Kenozawa but the excess of him is beginning to bother me as well, he is turning into what Renge was in the anime, an annoyance.
    Nekozawa, u mean? XD
    Oh well, I'm not exactly bothered by him, but I'm just wondering why he always appears at peculiar time.

I want to give comment for Honey-senpai too! Finally, we can see another expression of him. (I'm tired of seeing him being "kawaii" all the time.)
    The twins are great too.. Tamaki definitely fell for their pranks. XD
    I love the part when Haruhi glared at Tamaki and Tamaki seemed really terrified. oh, and also the part when Tamaki called Kyouya "okaa-san". Kyouya's reaction here was different from the anime but it's really funny coz he had the expression "who? me?" but then giving it no thought and the others just stared at him. XD

Hmm, I think the next eps will be different from the anime too... coz the part "Haruhi is going to quit". There's no such thing in the anime right? But they have the Bali costume and I perfectly remember that in the anime they wore such costume. (or am I mistaken to think it's Bali costume? )

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nekozawa, u mean? XD
    My bad, yes I meant him.

Quote Quote:
    I want to give comment for Honey-senpai too! Finally, we can see another expression of him. (I'm tired of seeing him being "kawaii" all the time.)
    Honey-senpai’s dark side is scary. I liked that they showed that in the J-drama as well.

Quote Quote:
    Hmm, I think the next eps will be different from the anime too... coz the part "Haruhi is going to quit". There's no such thing in the anime right? But they have the Bali costume and I perfectly remember that in the anime they wore such costume. (or am I mistaken to think it's Bali costume? )
    Haruhi was going to quit…well…actually the hosts thought Haruhi was going to quit in episode 9.

From Wiki:

Spoiler: A Challenge from Lobelia Girls' Academy! show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

i hated the lobelia part on anime so much.
    I hope they can do a great work on it, if they decide to do it.
    I wonder if they will try to find japanese girls with low tone or if they will use studio effects.

---------- Post added August 08, 2011 at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was August 01, 2011 at 08:30 PM ----------

I watched the episode 3 without subs. I have no patience.

i think it was all in the anime. I'll check later.
    I bet the kiss scene was awkward to do.

Anyway, the begining made me laugh with these 2 scenes:
    1- The twins and Honey-senpai looked like girls here (and Kyoya looked hot).
    Spoiler show

2- Mori senpai has such big big big hands...
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Asclepius; August 01, 2011 at 06:41 PM.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The subbed one is already out and I can say that it's ... AWESOME! XD
    Well, the story is different from the anime but I'm not disappointed at all since it's still a good story.
    It's really funny when they asked Haruhi to pick one of them as her teacher but she rejected them all (though all of them are top students). XD
    The twins are adorable as usual but I got to say that Kyouya is the best in this episode. I love his evil schemes and the way he tilts his glasses.
    And Haruhi actually did the kiss scene. It's all because of the baka prince.
    I can't wait to see next eps! It's about Renge... Oh well, I don't like Renge but it means next week it will be more focused to Kyouya...
    I also saw in the preview that Honey-senpai looks angry. Oh wow, I really want to know what happen.

(Btw, do you notice in the Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai pic there that Mori-senpai used his middle finger? XD)

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i noticed the middle finger, that's why i captured that shot.
    He looks so serious, yet he uses the finger.

The subs weren't available last night. Thanks for telling.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    i think it was all in the anime. I'll check later.
    Episode 3 was based on chapter 17, but it also had some moments from episode 2 or 3 from the anime.

Quote Quote:
    I bet the kiss scene was awkward to do.
    It wasn’t a real real kiss, it was more like just a brief touching of the lips. But I do agree that it must have been awkward for the girls.

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, the begining made me laugh with these 2 scenes:
    1- The twins and Honey-senpai looked like girls here (and Kyoya looked hot).
    Spoiler show
    As for me, I thought Tamaki looked good. It seems that just like in the anime, the first host I’m going to fall for is going to be Tamaki. I think he is great!

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Well, the story is different from the anime but I'm not disappointed at all since it's still a good story.
    Actually, the story wasn’t animated. It is all from chapter 17. But they decided to include parts of the tea-girl ep in the end (specifically, the party and the yuri kiss).

Quote Quote:
    It's really funny when they asked Haruhi to pick one of them as her teacher but she rejected them all (though all of them are top students). XD
    I was surprised to find out that Honey and Tamaki were such good students. I didn’t see that coming.

Quote Quote:
    I also saw in the preview that Honey-senpai looks angry. Oh wow, I really want to know what happen.
    I think that scene with Honey looking all angry and dangerous comes from the movie that Renge makes the host club take part in. Iirc, Honey was supped to be mad and aggressive towards Haruhi.

I agree this episode was great ; I’m enjoying watching this J-drama very much.

And I know I have mentioned this before, but Yuusuke is so amazing as Tamaki. He is a very talented actor indeed.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 13, 2011 at 12:09 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nyaaaaaaaaaaa

Kawai!

I liked the episode. I still laugh from small things, cause it's kinda ridiculous to see a real person doing some things from the anime, like all the poses that Tamaki does.

I still don't like Honey-senpai in live action, though. I guess i miss the voice from anime too much.

And, the next episode is that beach one. One of my favorites. I hope they keep the Kyouya and Haruhi scene. ^_^

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE this episode!!

It's always amusing to see how Kyouya reacts to things. He's so AWESOME! XD
    But I was creeped out when I saw that smiling Kyouya with flowers and cats. It's just so NOT him. o.O

But the rest of the time, I enjoy every moment he appears with that scheming smile.. Ahh~ Kyouya-sama! (I think Renge is influencing me too much. XD)

Haruhi oh Haruhi... You still don't know how dark Kyouya is. XD

Anyway this time I really like seeing Honey-senpai's angry face. I'm sick of all his cuteness and I think this scene is the best:

Spoiler show

Oh, I can't wait for the next eps!! I hope the scene of Kyouya and Haruhi in the room still exists.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, i just watched the raw for episode 5 and i am wiping my tears right now.
    Not cause it was sad, but because i was lauging too hard in the end.
    The last minutes were priceless.

And i almost had a heart attack with the room scene. Too much sexiness in the air.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have to catch up, but i was able to watch episodes 7 and 8.
    Ep 7 was the gang meeting Haruhi's father. They left lots of small things out, but i still liked the flow.

Ep 8 was about Nekozawa's sister. For the first time i liked him in this liveaction. The hair was a problem here too, but the episode was really cool.

I hope my connection let me watch the rest till 11.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast