Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse: Chapter 196 Discussion/197 Predictions

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse: Chapter 196 Discussion/197 Predictions

Now this is how you write a series . Just a chapter but so many questions answered and plot development was excellent. What a befitting and awesome humor, as usual. I wish we had flashbacks of the Lord and Franky's interaction in the past.

Previous Lord : This is really the first time he has this much airtime. You have to love him, right. You wont expect a lord to behave the way he did. To me, he was someone who was not drunk in his power. I wish we have more leaders like him .

Current Lord : I am glad she now knows the reason why her father never wanted her to be a lord. It was not that he found her incapable rather, he loved her so much that he didn't want her to bear the burden of being a lord.

Rai : Who ever thought he couldn't be more EPIC. Seriously, I love him . He chose the role of Noblesse because the path is darker and more lonesome. But with Franky around, I am sure it will not be as bad.

Franky : It makes me wonder what happened in the past that the previous lord recognized him, even though he was a human. Is it me or anyone else think, the long life span of Franky is either Rai's or Lord's doing?

Deducing from what Lord said, it seems to me that the series will focus on Humanity and Nobels and how their roles are changing. It is quite beautifully done. It may be the Nobels, with greater power but not changing, who have to survive in the world of change----->human beings.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; August 01, 2011 at 10:59 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok this has been bugging me for some time. It has been stated that the rebelion happened 500 years ago. Regis's unknown father was killed in this rebellion, Yet Regis himself is only 199 or something like that. What the hell man. Its one thing to miss a few years off in a loop hole, not 300!! haha my brain is on the fritz.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh what a sudden turning point.

For now, let me mull over this chapter a little. All I am capable of right now is a simple

Mind = Blown.
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: Noblesse: Chapter 196 Discussion/197 Predictions

there is something else that bothers me
    they just talk about fathers and so but what about the other part?? i mean the mother
    because gejutel said 'my son died' but anyone talks about his wife or the lord's wife

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahhaa this chapter really was awesome. I LOL'd so hard.

I hope that all of them will come to Korea and start living with Rai and Frankenstein. This way Rai can show off...I can already imagine it everyone assembled around Rai and he is 'teaching' them how to open Franky's door with a blush on his face and the Nobles with their eyes open.

Kaye would make a good sport teacher, Rozaria could be the history/literature teacher, Karias music/philosophy teacher and the Lord as Franky's secretary. That's all I came up with so far.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Sooner or later, I think that Rai will get laid. With the Lord. For some reasons, I find that scene similar to Luffy-Hancock meeting, where she basically fell in love out of respect. Well, Luffy is an asexual being and so he ignored her, but I have the feeling Rai is as much as asexual as Luffy is. Oh boy, poor women!
    That aside, great chapter as always. Now we're left with no clues at all about the next. I love it!

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by halfcrzy View Post
    Ok this has been bugging me for some time. It has been stated that the rebelion happened 500 years ago. Regis's unknown father was killed in this rebellion, Yet Regis himself is only 199 or something like that. What the hell man. Its one thing to miss a few years off in a loop hole, not 300!! haha my brain is on the fritz.
    While it was mentioned that the current lord went to eternal sleep 500 years ago. The traitors left some time in between, Regis and the Loyard leaders were killed by trap set by modified humans at some point later. I think there's enough time in between for that to all have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by burritoxxx1 View Post
    they just talk about fathers and so but what about the other part?? i mean the mother
    because gejutel said 'my son died' but anyone talks about his wife or the lord's wife
    I was thinking about this as well, no mention of the mothers have been talked about. Where are they?

Those type of thoughts might be good for the Nobles thread. Please post your ideas over there.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What a chapter! I went through various expressions >> from expectation, then "wow" feeling upon discovering some truth, then "lol" face for the previous lord's crazy jokes, then back to "wow" feeling after finished reading this chapter. This is pure awesomeness, everyone there on that chapter. ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    So the previous lord made his appearance again but I still found it strange that the author decided to not to reveal his face. I hope that he will appear again in some kind of flashback.
    LOL, up to certain point, face doesn't matter anymore. I think that's what the previous Lord felt, so he let his hair like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I was thinking it would be nice to hear the lady lords actual name. It should be asking too much to for that, right?

It seems like things are getting setup for Raizel to return to the human world, judging from this chapter. Most likely in a few more chapters as things are getting wound up from this arc.

While there was no mention of wedding, much to my fan disheartening , perhaps the lady lord will also visit the human world.

--- Upcoming scene --

Mr. Park -- Everyone please welcome Lord to the classroom, she is new to Korea and is not familiar with our ways.

Everyone - - What? Her name is Lord?

Rai -- .....
    LOL, Charlie. Epic scene there. :3
    Right, I wouldn't mind to know her name as well. It's too much trouble to call her the current Lord or the Lord. Can't we just mention her name? XD But I think we'll get to know it later on.

This is what I'm sure of: the nobles and the Lord will accompany Rai in his next quest: find the truth about the Union. As he seems to be returning to the human world, that should be the main issue there. The previous Lord might say something like "do we still need to protect the humans?", but the Union's power is not something other human can take care of, so they'll have to play in it. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I wouldn't mind if she (the Lord) decides to adapt aswell (or for Seira's sake) since she is the only girl that lives with Rai & Co. I want to know and see more of her because I'm still wondering what her 'true' personality might be.
    The current lord adapts Seira, you're saying? XD Now that would be funny. I don't think she will, though, since Seira has the responsibilities to stand for her clan and revive her clan. I think the Lord will assist her in future steps, like Gejutel will also do, but not as far as adapting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    Well, I hope that a Noble like Rozaria would become a "hot" teacher of the class where Shinwoo is.
    ROFL~ It will no longer be a class if Rozaria is to become a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Hahahaha The previous lord was soooo awesome!

He was so charmingly insane nobody could even be mad at him, except Frankenstein of course. And the best part is that his final words stressed the importance of getting a better understanding of humanity. Which means "The Peacock's school"() is probably about to get a shit-ton of transfer students.

I thought the previous lord's singling out of Karias was also hysterically funny. Something tells me he and Shinwoo are going to be the best of pals in the near future.

-----------------------------

It's hard not to love the current Lord after this chapter too. Considering her entire world was turned upside down in the last half-hour, she is handling this whole thing remarkably well.

I can't wait to see how much she takes this pursuit of a new path to heart. Every scene we've seen her in it seemed like she was 100% about her duty but clearly her father was encouraging her to let her hair down a bit. It's going to be awesome to see her try and "relax".
    I agree entirely.
    The previous lord is such a joker, but that brings a bright side to the 'dark, steady state of the nobles', in my opinion. He brought something fresh, and try to do something different to change the mindset of the nobles. What a desire. I respect him for that. And I wonder what would happen if him, Frank, and Shinwoo have to live together. That must be sweet. Frank would definitely be mad.
    About the current lord too. I think she learned something important that even though Rai refused to take her position as a lord, she is not entirely alone like what her father and she herself might be afraid of. It will take time to adjust to the new situation and for her to think deeply about what her father wanted from her, but it's clear that the other clan leaders are not merely her 'minions' or something like that; they are her friends as well. It's shown through their choices to serve the lord no matter what. It's a very heart-warming scene.

Fantastic end of the arc, for one of the best manhwa (at least for me), ever !!!

I was overflowed with emotions. I laughed from jokes of the previous Lord, and I almost cryed at the end (I was sad). To me it felt like the end of this series - the last chapter.

With the ending, I felt sadness, yet at the same time I was very happy, becouse I know it's not the last chapter and there are still a lot of surprises coming in the future...

Spoiler: Still, I hope at least something like this would happen in the next chapter show
    Haha, that's true. At least one issue now has been cleared, and Rai and the other nobles together with the lord can start a new era upon a new basis: their own choice, not led by fate. That should make the bonds between them strong.

And LOL at your spoiler. Nice imagination there, although I would definitely go if it really happened.

The questiones that bother me the most:

How could there be traitors among clan Leaders and why, if they knew what the previous Lord wanted from them ???

Next, if there are traitors: How many of them are there ???
    Probably because they refused to join the previous lord in his eternal sleep, but then once they saw the current lord they realized it's true. And so they wanted to bring her down for a better change. This is just my speculation; I believe it would be explained later on. ^^

For the time being, I like how the tension behind the battle has settled down so quickly. Anyways, I cant wait to see how things progress in the next chapter. Also as some have mentioned, I would love to see the lord and some clan leader attend the school and Rai impress them with his ability to play video games, do math, open doors, etc.
    I'm not sure if they will really do that... They are nobles anyway... What happened to Rai was... fate's play. XD But it's definitely gonna be funny if they did that, and all resides in Frank's home. He can charge them for staying, really.

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Rai : Who ever thought he couldn't be more EPIC. Seriously, I love him . He chose the role of Noblesse because the path is darker and more lonesome. But with Franky around, I am sure it will not be as bad.
    It's more like because it is what he is. He lived for only-the-authors-know-how-long-Rai-has-been-living years, believing in his destiny as a Noblesse and willing to go walk that path no matter what. That makes him too cool. And epic, as you said.

Deducing from what Lord said, it seems to me that the series will focus on Humanity and Nobels and how their roles are changing. It is quite beautifully done. It may be the Nobels, with greater power but not changing, who have to survive in the world of change----->human beings.
    Somehow I feel like the previous lord wanted nobles to 'let go' of their nobility. Bind by the chains of nobility and tradition, they refused to change. And so the previous lord wanted to change this; he wanted them to become 'human', who can choose and change on their own will. And assist the human in the change, not 'protecting' them again.

Hmm, it has never been mentioned before. Probably the wives are not given special place in the nobility or something like that... No direct explanation, so it's hard to say. Hopefully we can later learn about why the wives (or the husband, if the clan leader is a woman in case) don't seem to have strong position in the nobles world.

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, that's one hell of a post you made there phio-chin XD I'm too lazy now to go into details but I completely agree with your points! Still I would like to see a few Nobles at school or at least at Franky's house. Rael would definitely need some education but I'm sure the other Nobles could learn quite a bit too + I can imagine a lot of funny scenes with them being in the human world
    The laid-back, funny days are a very strong point in Noblesse and I'm really looking forward to them!

The chapter was as great as ever, the previous Lord is very likeable/funny and I hope that wasn't the last we saw of him. Only thing I wonder about is why he didn't told his daughter any of those reasons before he went into eternal sleep. The doubts and questions must have been really hard on her and it was heart-warming to see how much she relaxed after she heard his words

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The questiones that bother me the most:

How could there be traitors among clan Leaders and why, if they knew what the previous Lord wanted from them ???
    It could be that they had an idealogical difference. What the Lord wanted must have seemed pretty extreme. Leaving everything in the hands of the children, and changing the very nature of the nobles existence. There is a lot of things about that which could have made it impossible for them to accept.

- They might not have been able to accept the previous Lord's view on humans. They have lived, possibly for millennia, with the idea that they are basically the shepherds of humanity; accepting that role was no longer needed had to be difficult.

- They would have all had to give up their lives, on what must have seemed like the previous Lord's whim. Which is no small thing.

- They also might not have wanted to throw everything on the shoulders of the younger generation. Perhaps they just didn't think the young ones were up to the task.

I totally agree.

But i also think there might also be an element of "those who refuse to change". Nobles who view humanity as sheep or vermin. Seeing them as not something to learn from, but something to be controlled or exterminated.

Good question. Clearly they do get married since that little blonde douche kept trying to get Siera to marry him.

I suppose it's possible that vanilla mortals could be the answer. I mean, if nobles and mortals got together the noble parent would outlive the mortal by like a billion years, Which would explain why there are so many single parents around.

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Sooner or later, I think that Rai will get laid. With the Lord. For some reasons, I find that scene similar to Luffy-Hancock meeting, where she basically fell in love out of respect. Well, Luffy is an asexual being and so he ignored her, but I have the feeling Rai is as much as asexual as Luffy is. Oh boy, poor women!
    That aside, great chapter as always. Now we're left with no clues at all about the next. I love it!
    I don't think that is ever going to happen. You can't do that particular thing while looking noble. So therefore i don't think he could bring himself to do it, psychologically or physically.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    wow, that's one hell of a post you made there phio-chin XD I'm too lazy now to go into details but I completely agree with your points! Still I would like to see a few Nobles at school or at least at Franky's house. Rael would definitely need some education but I'm sure the other Nobles could learn quite a bit too + I can imagine a lot of funny scenes with them being in the human world
    The laid-back, funny days are a very strong point in Noblesse and I'm really looking forward to them!

The chapter was as great as ever, the previous Lord is very likeable/funny and I hope that wasn't the last we saw of him. Only thing I wonder about is why he didn't told his daughter any of those reasons before he went into eternal sleep. The doubts and questions must have been really hard on her and it was heart-warming to see how much she relaxed after she heard his words
    LOL, my apologize. I just feel the urge to reply to everyone's post there because this chapter is just "wow". XD

Haha, yeah, Rael definitely need some education, though I think it won't be the normal kind of education, considering how.. wild.. he is. XD Yeah, the comedy is one of Noblesse strong points. They can even put comedy in the middle of serious moments like what happened in this chapter. ^^ And about why the previous lord didn't tell this to his daughter... I think he wanted to show her first the 'unchanging' nobles. I don't think she would be able to grow further as a lord if she didn't have to go through such situation. Maybe. :3

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, this is so elitist! As if only the line of inheritance mattered. This is not only in Noblesse I find this problem in many other stories.

@Jammin
    For a long time, I had this theory that Nobles found human partners. I can't imagine how they could prevent inbreeding with such a small population. Also, humans die fast, so they won't have a strong influence upon the child. But Rael not only proposed to Seira, he was described as a pure-bred Noble, and that suggests that the 'elite' does not mix with humans.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Somehow I feel like the previous lord wanted nobles to 'let go' of their nobility. Bind by the chains of nobility and tradition, they refused to change. And so the previous lord wanted to change this; he wanted them to become 'human', who can choose and change on their own will. And assist the human in the change, not 'protecting' them again.
    May I add a little more, in my opinion, the Lord realized that the same human kind that they protected, do not need it anymore. He saw them change, becoming stronger. I am going to make a bold statement here, I think it was Franky who made the Lord realize what humans have accomplished. He was the first human who was recognized by the Lord. Irrespective of the methods how he gain the strength, the Lord realized the potential the humans possess.

Lord also realized that Nobels were too bound to their responsibilities and this fact also barred them from changing. With humans like Franky, gaining the strength equivalent to a clan leader or perhaps more, Nobles did not need to continue to hold their old traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I totally agree.

But i also think there might also be an element of "those who refuse to change". Nobles who view humanity as sheep or vermin. Seeing them as not something to learn from, but something to be controlled or exterminated.
    Indeed. Your observation reminded me of Nobels like Rael. Not every Nobel would be happy to consider humans as his/her equal. Those who betray the previous lords should be the ones who wanted not to change but to dominate as the stronger beings.

23. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Lord also realized that Nobels were too bound to their responsibilities and this fact also barred them from changing. With humans like Franky, gaining the strength equivalent to a clan leader or perhaps more, Nobles did not need to continue to hold their old traditions.
    How do you think the old lords position of the nobles needing change affect the story in-terms of the other 6 clan leaders betrayal? I dont think you can ask for more change than that, right? My question is are they or will they still be considered traitors, seeing how they've changed from their old ways (serving the lord with no question).

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. Your observation reminded me of Nobels like Rael. Not every Nobel would be happy to consider humans as his/her equal. Those who betray the previous lords should be the ones who wanted not to change but to dominate as the stronger beings.
    Interesting that you would mention Rael. If some of the nobles who turned traitor escaped, as many of us suspect, I think he might be an excellent candidate betray the new nobles and join "the dark side".

Where the idea of being less bound by the old ways seem to appeal to most of the new nobles, for him that's probably a nightmare. He's the type that wants to use power to force others to do what he wants. I'd imagine the last thing in the universe he wants to do is treat those around him like peers. Just look at the way he wanted to strong arm Siera into a marriage for the sake of elevating his own influence.

How do you think the old lords position of the nobles needing change affect the story in-terms of the other 6 clan leaders betrayal? I dont think you can ask for more change than that, right? My question is are they or will they still be considered traitors, seeing how they've changed from their old ways (serving the lord with no question).
    I think they will still be traitors because despite that they are no longer honor bound to follow her, there is almost certainly a deeper divide that caused them to betray her 500 years ago.

My guess is that humanity is going to be that point of contention. If any of the former traitors are still around they will probably want to control humanity and rule over them(as seemed to be the old way) If that's the case the current nobles and the current lord can't let that stand. So conflict would be inevitable between the two factions.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 02, 2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

27. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast