Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Noblesse: Chapter 196 Discussion/197 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse: Chapter 196 Discussion/197 Predictions

As some of you are asking yourself: Why is there that all Noble clan Leaders have no parents ???

My hypothesis:

It was stated by Rael that if he and Seira marry they would combine their power, and only one "powerful" clan Leader would be born. As Rael is not a clan Leader, he wants this to happen.

Let's look this from this angle:

If a Noble clan Leader has a child with a human, than a new clan Leader is born with a body, wich is potentially as powerful as that from his Noble parent, without a soul weapon. Only like this the child becomes a "Noble person" and has a long life span.

Also a Noble person, has only one parent who he or she always mentions, becouse the other one was a human, and a human is soon forgotten (human compared to Noble person has a short life span).

Now, if a child from a Noble person inherits a soul weapon from his ancestor. Than the power of a soul weapon increases as well as this Noble child's power and he or she becomes more powerful.

As for Rai I believe he was made from forbiden love between two strong Noble individuals, who are long dead becouse they were forced to go in eternal sleep by all people who did not aprove of this act (first Union people in the past).

At the end only the child (Rai) might have been found and saved by the people from the previous Lord, thuz Rai has no soul weapon, but is stronger than any other Noble person.

The previous Lord would raise Rai as his own child and at the end he wanted for Rai to become the next Lord instead of his daughter.

This would explain everything to me, why Rai is such a person as he is.

For the future plot/story:

Something like this could give us countless varieties and questions like:

"What if someone from the traitors took the soul weapons Rai's parents posessed ???" He or she might purpesfuly hid them away from Rai, becouse the power from only one soul weapon was so big that nobody could destroy it (not even one out of two soul weapons could be destroyed). To top it all he or she (the traitor) was not able, and is still unable to use those soul weapons. In a matter of fact nobody in Union with all the modern technology isn't able to wield them, what angers all the people in Union the most. So, the Union wanted to obtain Rai's body to be able to use the soul weapons, but instead Rai hid himself and has gone to sleep for 820 years.

When the time passes Rai would fight the Union and the traitors who would be more an more powerful. But when Rai would find only one out of the two soul weapons, Rai's power level up would be unimaginable.

Than Rai would defeat a lot of his strong enemies a lot easier, but his soul weapon would not be complete and Rai would realize that he still can not defeat the final viligan with that power. So Rai would go and look for the second soul weapon from his parents.

TO BE CONTINUED (if my hypothesis is correct... )
    Last edited by Monsterguy; August 03, 2011 at 02:07 AM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I am going to make a bold statement here, I think it was Franky who made the Lord realize what humans have accomplished. He was the first human who was recognized by the Lord. Irrespective of the methods how he gain the strength, the Lord realized the potential the humans possess.
    I think so too. Or at least, Frank was the trigger than made the previous Lord started to wonder more about humans, and I think he had been watching the humans more ever since then, until he reached the conclusion that nobles no longer need to protect the humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I think they will still be traitors because despite that they are no longer honor bound to follow her, there is almost certainly a deeper divide that caused them to betray her 500 years ago.

My guess is that humanity is going to be that point of contention. If any of the former traitors are still around they will probably want to control humanity and rule over them(as seemed to be the old way) If that's the case the current nobles and the current lord can't let that stand. So conflict would be inevitable between the two factions.
    Or, the traitors knew the previous lord's plan and his acceptance towards human that they no longer need to protect human. Maybe these traitors are feeling very superior towards humans, like Raell, and seek of a way to control them up to the point that they made some kind of relationship with the Union. In my opinion Union is much too informed for the level of humans only, so I suspect there might be some of the traitors who helped them.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    If a Noble clan Leader has a child with a human, than a new clan Leader is born with a body, wich is potentially as powerful as that from his Noble parent, without a soul weapon. Only like this the child becomes a "Noble person" and has a long life span.
    I thought soul weapon was given? In Rai's case, probably, but I'm more into the guess that he might be the only one of himself. I think if a noble has a child with a human, the child will inherit the strength of the noble, but he will not be legitimate to be next clan leader simply because he is not a pure noble. Half-breed, that is.

As for Rai I believe he was made from forbiden love between two strong Noble individuals, who are long dead becouse they were forced to go in eternal sleep by all people who did not aprove of this act (first Union people in the past).

At the end only the child (Rai) might have been found and saved by the people from the previous Lord, thuz Rai has no soul weapon, but is stronger than any other Noble person.
    Or maybe there was a different system, thousand of years ago, when the nobles were still the powerful ones. Maybe at that time there was a specific family line for Noblesse, but as time went by they were forgotten (maybe because they committed unforgivable sin and went to eternal sleep like you said) leaving Rai alone over the past centuries.

"What if someone from the traitors took the soul weapons Rai's parents posessed ???" He or she might purpesfuly hid them away from Rai, becouse the power from only one soul weapon was so big that nobody could destroy it (not even one out of two soul weapons could be destroyed). To top it all he or she (the traitor) was not able, and is still unable to use those soul weapons. In a matter of fact nobody in Union with all the modern technology isn't able to wield them, what angers all the people in Union the most. So, the Union wanted to obtain Rai's body to be able to use the soul weapons, but instead Rai hid himself and has gone to sleep for 820 years.
    I wonder if the wielder can feel the presence of its soul weapon in case they are being far apart. Frank demonstrated this skill before, I think, but I could be wrong (on the process of re-reading the whole series. xD). Somehow I think it is not possible, even more that it's said that Rai's soul weapon has no physical form, so it can't be stolen. But there's always the possibility of things being different, so I think your idea could actually be true as well. ^^

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

well and who were the clan leaders that betrayed the current lord?? the former clan leaders or their descendants?, i mean, that we know there have been three generations(for sure more but three that matters):
    1-gejutel generation
    2-gejutel's son
    3-rejis an the current clan leaders.
    so which was?

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

lol if your hypothesis is correct it would be awesome, but i think rai has not a physical soul weapon like everyone else (that is what gejutel said)
    it's more like his soul weapon is pure power.
    moreover, i believe that rai is actually older than the previous lord (which made me suspect is the chapter when the previous lord joked with rai's birthday.
    rai could be the first and only one noblesse in history

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by burritoxxx1 View Post
    rai could be the first and only one noblesse in history
    I'm pretty sure he is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If that assumption turns out to be true that Rai is the first and only Noblesse in the history of Nobles then the level of his awesomeness or in this case his level of elegance is untouchable. You just have to imagine his life before he met Frankenstein as the Noblesse living in the shadows and protecting them from the likes such as Werewolves etc. He must have live a life of solitude, which would be unbearable. And that for many thousands of years...

Credits:Shinsatsu

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    If that assumption turns out to be true that Rai is the first and only Noblesse in the history of Nobles then the level of his awesomeness or in this case his level of elegance is untouchable. You just have to imagine his life before he met Frankenstein as the Noblesse living in the shadows and protecting them from the likes such as Werewolves etc. He must have live a life of solitude, which would be unbearable. And that for many thousands of years...
    The current chapter seems to point that way as well. I had some issues with a couple of the translated lines as they were not easy to grasp.

The old lord mentions that he doesn't know how old he is because he has not kept any records.

He also does not know Rais birthday either, which is like saying the same thing.

So, perhaps its true that Raizel was the first or something along those lines...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe rai's soul weapon gets more powerful with age
    Last edited by burritoxxx1; August 05, 2011 at 04:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why Rai has to live in solitude. What prevents him to be known to the rest of Nobles and live among them? The Old Lord was right, he should get out more :P

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so damn glad that Rai didnt use his soul weapon, we he merely showed the aura of it but didnt use it
    The organization must have soem incredibly strong guys to make the author hide rais soul weapon hitherto.

i think the grp will safely depart from the noble's land after this the next chap will be some comedy based or light stuffs

i am dying to see the human characters, they are absent for a looong time now

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    I don't understand why Rai has to live in solitude. What prevents him to be known to the rest of Nobles and live among them? The Old Lord was right, he should get out more :P
    Maybe because Noblesse existence are not to be known by the other nobles? I wonder why the Lord and the other clan leaders were so surprised when Gejutel told them that Rai is a noblesse. It was as if they had never heard of such person before. So it could either be kept in secret from a long time ago, or because the previous lord didn't want the future generations worried too much about having a greater power/existence to watch over them so he didn't tell it to anyone but only those he trusted like Gejutel.

But I still agree; Rai has to socialize more. XD

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question Natli.

From what I recall it was said that virtually nobody knew Raizel was the noblesse expect the clan leaders and up.

The old lord mentions how if it were not for his summons that Raizel would have never left his house.

Perhaps, since the noblesse is someone who deals with things in the shadows, he doesn't like to involve himself with others unless needed. Raizel is a superior being, high-class and doesn't meddle with or interfere with the rest of the nobles?

His laid back personality? I'm not sure, perhaps a combination of all three.
    Last edited by Charlie; August 05, 2011 at 10:39 AM.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well you know Noblesse is a kind that hides in shadow
    may be they have seen through a lot of troubled time which prompted the noblesse to be hidden in shadows
    Rai looks out to be much younger than previous clan leaders which makes me think that there was another noblesse b4 him, may be his father or sb.
    he may have gone through some very tough situations when he ran amokk or sth like that that put him adn his superiors position in jeopardy
    may be he learned it the hard way that the only way to establish balance is to retain himself in shadows. and that lesson got carved within so he is quite adamant
    ofcourse these are plain speculation

19. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Rai does look young, but I don't think his age is that much different from the other clan leaders. He is at least 820 years old, counting from his slumber only. We have no idea how long he has lived before he went to the long sleep. But from the looks of it, I think they are all mostly in in near age with one another, while Gejutel has this very old look with him. I bet he must already be very old, thousands of years of living, just like the previous lord. XD Age usually doesn't mean much to immortal beings, right? :P

Still, there is always a possibility that Rai actually had a predecessor, who taught him how to use his powers and what it meant to be a Noblesse. :3

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand Gejutel's look.
    He looks too old. But I've been thinking that how old they may appear to look couldn't possibly describe how old one is.
    I highly doubt that Gejutel is older than the Lord or the Noblesse. With Nobles I think their aging appearances depends on their genetics.
    They will reach a point where their skin stabilizes - at their peak. I am not sure why we haven't seen a child as a clan leader.

When I say child, I mean something like this:

It would have been funny if the old lord looked like a baby.
    It seems like the youngest that a noble can be considered strong is when they look at least like a teenager.
    I wonder if a Noble can die from old age.

23. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3