Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto

    91 73.98%
  • Minato

    32 26.02%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 118

Thread: Naruto vs Minato

  1. #61
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Infernal Stigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    It doesn't matter who wins, at the end of the day Kushina will still hold the trophy up in the living room saying "That's my boy!"

  2. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #62
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by rell250 View Post
    Minato can dodge almost every attack in the manga as well as Naruto's attacks. If Minato blindsides Naruto who doesn't have eyes in the back of his head its game over. Naruto can certainly dodge him as well. If Naruto isn't in Rikodou Mode he's dead. His Sage Mode is no doubt strong but his speed wouldn't be able to compete with Minato.
    How would he blindside Naruto, when the dude in either form can sense where he's coming from? Naruto may not be a "once in a generation genius" Like his dad but he damn sure isn't an idiot when it comes to combat. Minato's best bet would be to try and blindside Naruto but thats not gonna happen because of Naruto's sensing abilities. Also with reflexes like his Father Naruto will be able to dodge every attack his dad throws at him. Minato would be able to do the same but Naruto would figure out the trick to hirashin and put a stop to it with clones. At which point Minato would be screwed. Add on the fact that Hirashin takes chakra., and Minato's situation just gets worse. Naruto's Jutsu take chakra as well but it's almost to the point that it's not an issue for him at all. So I really don't see a way Minato could win this other than popular vote
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; July 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #63
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Actually, Naruto can in fact follow each and every kunai Minato attempts to throw. Naruto can instant create enough clones to follow the tags so that wherever Minato tries to jump to, a clone will be there to hit him. So there will be no escaping with Hiraishin for Minato.
    a) not in RM mode
    b) that situation is still unanswered - did Kishi forgot or there will be consequences
    c) in base mode Naruto is in lots of troubles, his speed is still medicore at best

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    You must mean like this. He used Tajuu Kage Bunshin while in RM...I think he'll be able to use KB to guard the kunai, so to speak.
    a) still unanswered see above
    b) in actual fight with Nagato and Itachi he didn't use any - so it might not be as safe as you might think ... also in that situation it's like 20 clones at best
    c) and so what if Naruto gets to that Kunai? It only helps Minato he will get rid of the holder of the kunai

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    That was to send them to different areas to fight, not for a one-on-one situation. He'll use KB but not as wastefully as he usually will.
    I think so too also see above - we still don't know what will happen or if Kishi just simply forgot

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    If Naruto is in Rikudou mode or Sage Mode, he'll detect Minato and be able to react to him. Naruto has show good reaction and speed, and his speed is even better in either mode. I think Naruto's speed is pretty good in Sage mode as he was able to save Tsunade despite being quite a distance away.

    Minato can dodge attacks, but Naruto can come up with ways to hit Minato. He nearly hit Neji and found a way to ram FRS into Kakuzu, there's no reason why he can't hit Minato. While he may not be able to, he should be able to. Minato is smart, but Naruto's smartly unpredictable as well. Not even one of the most experienced shinobi who fought Hashirama himself was able to see Naruto's real body being mixed in as a diversion, which could have killed him if Kakuzu went with taking about the kage bunshin. No one would be able to think of that kind of plan, and Minato certainly wouldn't expect that kind of insanity from Naruto.

    If nothing else, Naruto's unorthodox ways in my opinion would help him figure out a way to hit Minato in a way that no one would expect.
    Saying that Naruto is able to outsmart Minato because he was able to outsmart Kauzu is ridiculous. Sorry but this is edge that Naruto can't overcome IMO. He got hold of Madaras tech in like 5 seconds and got him pretty bad. I doubt Naruto would be able to do the same.
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

    Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

  6. #64
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    a) not in RM mode
    b) that situation is still unanswered - did Kishi forgot or there will be consequences
    c) in base mode Naruto is in lots of troubles, his speed is still medicore at best
    a) We have seen Naruto make more then a dozen clones in Rikudou Mode.
    b) Really doesn't matter at this point. We have seen Naruto make clones after running around the whole night.
    c) Fortunately Naruto can go into Sage Mode and Rikudou Mode nearly instantly.

  7. #65
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    I voted for Naruto.

    The only areas in which Minato outclasses Naruto in this fight are fuinjutsu and possibly genjutsu. I have no idea how effective Minato is at genjutsu, and thus this is not really a factor. Fuinjutsu is quite powerful and could be a game changer since Naruto has not really shown any effective way of dealing with it up to this point, but I have my doubts on how effective Minato could be with it in the heat of battle if he were to use it to mess with Naruto's chakra supply.

    Spoiler: Little soapbox rant about fuinjutsu show

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #66
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    a) We have seen Naruto make more then a dozen clones in Rikudou Mode.
    b) Really doesn't matter at this point. We have seen Naruto make clones after running around the whole night.
    c) Fortunately Naruto can go into Sage Mode and Rikudou Mode nearly instantly.
    a) not when fighting
    b) in RM mode? I don't think so
    c)The whole point we are talking about is that Naruto seems reluctant to make KB when fighting in RM.
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

    Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

  10. #67
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,947
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    a) not when fighting
    b) in RM mode? I don't think so
    c)The whole point we are talking about is that Naruto seems reluctant to make KB when fighting in RM.
    Bub Naruto used clones and sent them ALL on the battefield to fight on diferent locacions AT THE SAME TIME lol. Yes he used them for combat ... Naruto was also ready to use clones vs Raikage but then Bee jumped in and stoped him.
    Naruto was running that entire night and using his RM to "light up the way" like a HUGE flashlight. Hell Bee and Kyuubi both worned him of how much chakra he is wasting with that...

    Now Naruto already got 10+ clones out and fighting on diferent places when they found Itachi and Nagato. So he was already splitting his chakra with multiple clones. He probably belived it would be to risky to create more under those circumstances.

  11. #68
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Bub Naruto used clones and sent them ALL on the battefield to fight on diferent locacions AT THE SAME TIME lol. Yes he used them for combat ... Naruto was also ready to use clones vs Raikage but then Bee jumped in and stoped him.
    Naruto was running that entire night and using his RM to "light up the way" like a HUGE flashlight. Hell Bee and Kyuubi both worned him of how much chakra he is wasting with that...

    Now Naruto already got 10+ clones out and fighting on diferent places when they found Itachi and Nagato. So he was already splitting his chakra with multiple clones. He probably belived it would be to risky to create more under those circumstances.
    he didn't use them against white zetsus ... also still there is the question about him using rasengan in RM mode ...
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

    Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

  12. #69
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,947
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    he didn't use them against white zetsus ... also still there is the question about him using rasengan in RM mode ...
    He never used them vs the white Zetsus as there was no need for it. Again he was ready to use clones vs Raikage but what stoped just before he used it.

    The last part makes no sense at all...
    He used multiple rasengans and he never even needed a clone to do that.
    Mini FRS, multi rasengans on his back, rasengan vacum, and that super huge rasengan here:
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/30783368/17

    That was a rasengan right? Not sure looks more lika a small moon:P
    Last edited by xXan; July 29, 2011 at 09:23 AM.

  13. #70
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    the final!a very hard fight,but I think naruto would win.kakashi said it too,he said naruto was the only ninja able to surpass minato.and minato did not complete the rasen shuriken.

  14. #71
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    He never used them vs the white Zetsus as there was no need for it. Again he was ready to use clones vs Raikage but what stoped just before he used it.

    The last part makes no sense at all...
    He used multiple rasengans and he never even needed a clone to do that.
    Mini FRS, multi rasengans on his back, rasengan vacum, and that super huge rasengan here:
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/30783368/17

    That was a rasengan right? Not sure looks more lika a small moon:P
    no need for them because he has multiple hands ... and after that it was shown that he didn't any clone at all vs A ...

    no sence at all? This is the biggiest puzzle in recent chapters ... I agree I might be more technical than most of you guys and maybe I tend to think about it too much but from logical stanpoint it doesn't make any sense

    In chapter 519 page 7 and further there is part about Naruto learning Bijuu dama but because Naruto can't turn into full Nine-tail Bee and Hachibi put this technique at rest and focuses on Naruto and using Riddukou mode with his own techniques - as said in chapter 519 page 13 http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/519/13 - Naruto is explaining he can't do NORMAL RASENGAN without clone

    After that Bee tells him to imagine another pair of hands and do it anyway - in chapter 519 page 14 (http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/519/14) Naruto therefore attempts to perform NORMAL RASEGAN but it immediately goes into Bijuu Dama and not into NORMAL RASENGAN

    so explain me how is Naruto able to perform NORMAL RASENGAN in his Riddukou Mode when in all actuality it should go straight into Bijuu Dama and not into Rasengan.

    You guys might not thought about that but I did.

    Also there isn't any mentioning about Naruto training to go into SM instanly only training on prolonging it's effect but OK because SM doesn't represent problem for Minato IMO.

    Anyway that KB in RM is still unanswered by Ksihi and I am suspecting he might suffering from alzheimer's because he tends to forget many things: like Susanoo draining life force and such ...
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

    Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

  15. #72
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,947
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    no need for them because he has multiple hands ... and after that it was shown that he didn't any clone at all vs A ...

    no sence at all? This is the biggiest puzzle in recent chapters ... I agree I might be more technical than most of you guys and maybe I tend to think about it too much but from logical stanpoint it doesn't make any sense

    In chapter 519 page 7 and further there is part about Naruto learning Bijuu dama but because Naruto can't turn into full Nine-tail Bee and Hachibi put this technique at rest and focuses on Naruto and using Riddukou mode with his own techniques - as said in chapter 519 page 13 http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/519/13 - Naruto is explaining he can't do NORMAL RASENGAN without clone

    After that Bee tells him to imagine another pair of hands and do it anyway - in chapter 519 page 14 (http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/519/14) Naruto therefore attempts to perform NORMAL RASEGAN but it immediately goes into Bijuu Dama and not into NORMAL RASENGAN

    so explain me how is Naruto able to perform NORMAL RASENGAN in his Riddukou Mode when in all actuality it should go straight into Bijuu Dama and not into Rasengan.

    You guys might not thought about that but I did.

    Also there isn't any mentioning about Naruto training to go into SM instanly only training on prolonging it's effect but OK because SM doesn't represent problem for Minato IMO.

    Anyway that KB in RM is still unanswered by Ksihi and I am suspecting he might suffering from alzheimer's because he tends to forget many things: like Susanoo draining life force and such ...
    Naruto can do normal rasengan, with 1 hand and no need for clonse when he is using Kyuubi chakra even back in part 1....
    Here you go:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-237-12...apter-232.html

    Now going forword.

    He probably was able to reach a primitive version of that. He is just doing a normal rasengan and not the super biju bomb.
    Now in the end is irrelevant what VERSION of rasengan he is doing. it is STILL RASENGAN.

    The evidence is enough... All you need to do is read what he states when using this move:
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/545/12
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/545/13

    He can even do a FRS:
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/545/14

    Again just read the names lol. How can you state that is NOT rasengan? Even if it is BIJU BOMB RASENGAN and it still is rasengan. Rasengan is the miniaturizate biju bomb...

    Even Bee states this:
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/519/15

    You are just comparing a porsche and stating its a car to a mercedes and stating the last is not lol.
    Also your previous post does not contain the NORMAL part from normal Rasengan. Anywhay i find it irrelevant if he can't do a normal rasengan like in part one when he can do a more powerfull one.

  16. #73
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Quote:
    Saying that Naruto is able to outsmart Minato because he was able to outsmart Kauzu is ridiculous. Sorry but this is edge that Naruto can't overcome IMO. He got hold of Madaras tech in like 5 seconds and got him pretty bad. I doubt Naruto would be able to do the same.
    I never said that, I'm giving an example of how Naruto's unorthodox way of fighting gives him the edge. Minato was able to figure out Tobi but still couldn't do a thing without Hiraishin v2. Naruto has shown to trick his opponents and predict their moves, he can do the same against Minato as well.

    Naruto doesn't have space/time ninjutsu like Minato does, which is the main reason Minato's even this strong. Without Hiraishin, Minato would have been dead against Tobi and quite possibly against Raikage, even.

  17. #74
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I never said that, I'm giving an example of how Naruto's unorthodox way of fighting gives him the edge. Minato was able to figure out Tobi but still couldn't do a thing without Hiraishin v2. Naruto has shown to trick his opponents and predict their moves, he can do the same against Minato as well.

    Naruto doesn't have space/time ninjutsu like Minato does, which is the main reason Minato's even this strong. Without Hiraishin, Minato would have been dead against Tobi and quite possibly against Raikage, even.
    I don't get your post that much, so you are saying is if minato don't have hirashin a tech. he created himself, than he is good as dead agaisnt those guy, then I can said the same for those guy like if madara don't have that intangibility, or A without his cloak, or naruto without his rm mode. Him using hirashin is nothing wrong what so ever, in fact it well be the tech that allow minato to beat naruto too, for naruto is unaware of how hirashin work so he won't have his clone all over the tags like some of you claim, and I have yet to see his great defense in Rm mode, sure he block A's punch with his hand, but he did said has he not block it he would have been dead, which mean has the punch hit him in the chest, then he would have die, so a kunai in the chest can still kill him in rm mode.
    Also for instant if naruto didn't have any info on pain's power then do you guy still think he can come up with something to counter it. Don't kid yourself, he won't be able to unless he survive their attack and witness those power.


    PS. has naruto ever been in a fight where he don't have any info on his opponent at all and win using his power only without going to berserker mode, the only one was against kiba if I remeber correctly. In the manga so far, who ever naruto faces, he in some form or another have so info on them which allow him to come up with tatics to beat them, but it's not happening here.


    @rikodou king
    In your post you said bee was faster than hirashin minato, if he was, then he could have stab minato while minato was talking to A , for all we know he move his knife next t ominato in those conversation, but as he got close minato notice it, so your interpreatation the right one so don't try to make it so fact, also you keep refering to shi'd statement to interpret minato's reaction time is comparable to base A ,but you are totally ignoring A 's statement in that minato was faster. I would take the statement of someone fighting minato first hand over some random guy any days. Plus you keep ignoring that sure naruto never saw A at full speed, but he witness his speed first hand several time beforehand, and this make him more aware, as for minato all the guy got is a rumor in that A is pretty fast, he have absolutely no idea how fast at all.
    Last edited by huynhlan; July 29, 2011 at 01:29 PM.

  18. #75
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto vs Minato

    My point is, Minato had the jutsu to beat Tobi, Naruto doesn't. It's not really fair comparing how they'd do against a certain opponent or how they did against an opponent. Plus, we all know Tobi survived Minato's stab to the head only because of his intangibility, otherwise he'd have been owned there and then.

    I thought Naruto said if it weren't for RIkudou Mode, he'd have been unable to get up from that punch. Unless Minato goes for the instant kill successfully after using HIraishin, it may not work because Naruto will figure out Hiraishin and have his clones go to the tag.

    He could have been able to beat Pain even without info. Naruto may not be as smart as Minato or as quick, but Naruto is smart in his own right. One of the reasons why Deva lost was because Naruto was very unconventional, using his clones to add speed to Naruto when he did the rasengan.

    One of the few times where he used berserker mode without a plan was against Haku and Orochimaru. Against Neji and Gaara, he actually had a plan, which helped him win. We saw Yugito going berserker but lost because she didn't have as good a plan. Naruto comes up with good plans and is unpredictable that even Minato would have some difficulty knowing what Naruto will do.

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts