Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 634 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 634 Discussion / 635 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Hrathgrath View Post
    Anyone think that puffy has progressed so far that hodi doesn't stand a chance? And whatever happened to the giant ship that was sent at shirohoshi. On that note, if that ship is pluton, I'm going to shit.
    The ship should be heading their way, i think it will hit them at the end of the fights...

I dont think that ship is Pluton, its called the ark, just like Noah's arc. I would assume its a ship that carried fishmen species to the floor or will be used to carry them to the surface.. Besides, Pluton was a weapon, dont think this is

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oni Giri View Post
    since they are a fictional race i fail to see the harm in "holding prejudices", so to speak

it wasn't stated but was heavily implied that they are a stupid race compared to humans. of course there may be exceptions.
    I haven't followed the whole conversation, but this seems a little off...

Yes, isolated communities like small human populations in a rain forest are not exactly the brightest around, however, take a child from there and raise it in our own community, the child could "potentially" grow up to rival Einstein or Mozart, give or take.
    It's heavily culture based, brains mostly evolve from how it's formed through experience, and most what you're born with are small advantages or instincts.

If they're less smart than humans on land, it's because of the different cultures, it does not make them inferior as a race (watch what you say too, some would probably easily call you a Racist for saying something like that)... Add some more education and they'd raise and rival the humans.

btw given that they seem so human in all areas, their potential "brain" intelligence seems roughly equal to humans, just to make that clear

Anyway, you'd see plenty of humans acting more weird, yet I think the fishman acted pretty normal in this chapter.. Given culture differences and all

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Also remember, judging Arlong like you do, makes you the exact same as him, just opposite.
    Arlong also has a "small" picture of how humans are, but judge them all as same.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omnion_1990's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    The ship should be heading their way, i think it will hit them at the end of the fights...

I dont think that ship is Pluton, its called the ark, just like Noah's arc. I would assume its a ship that carried fishmen species to the floor or will be used to carry them to the surface.. Besides, Pluton was a weapon, dont think this is
    exactly. the arc was shown to be half the size of fishman island. and somewhere i THINK there was a reference where it said that the merfolk built it themselves a long time ago. so by using those two facts im assuming it was intended to take every fishman up to the surface.

however i dont know whats going to happen now. im assuming luffy is going to haki x gear third the ark. also someone said that luffy will tramp on hodi. i agree with this, this is basically the "reboot" of onepiece onto the "final ten year homerun". at the start of onepiece luffy tamped on his enemies with little effort. the fat acne lady, captain morgan etc. its only fitting that at the start of the new world he tramps on someone, especially now he has haki up his sleeve. if he didnt.... lol the time skip was worthless. but super saiyan hodi did a good job of "tanking" luffys hit.

however one fight im looking forward to is zoro vs hyozou. im also interested to see if van derkens power has a limit. i mean can he send ISLANDS into people???!!
    Last edited by Omnion_1990; August 09, 2011 at 05:43 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I might be the only one who doesnt want to see Zoro fight Hyouzou..

I think its gonna be too easy for Zoro. Hyouzou doesnt have any special sword, and uses poison which would mean he needs physical contact with his opponent... SAnji would be more interesting match. Zoro should fight someone who can either not get cut or the blade passes thru like a knife thru jelly. Is there any jelly fishmen? The catastrophe about to happen after the ark hits the island is when most of the SH get to show their abilities..... I want the weaklings to defeat all the fishmen till then.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've already said Brook needs to fight Hyzou because he can't het poisoned by him, and it will show his progress

PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Another week without chapter? ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    I might be the only one who doesnt want to see Zoro fight Hyouzou
    I think exactly the same. It would be boring since Zoro already reaches a level of a master and it should be a short fight. I would enjoy more Brook into it, but I know that wont happen. ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

7. Like 13 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BlindMunkey's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

off topic.
    Let me add to it.
    He whore[d] [himself or not ]to gain blackmailing materials.

on topic.

Zoro vs Hyouzou is probably like that Zoro vs Ryuuma. ofc they were said to be equal in strength and that might not be the case here but i would not surprise to see hyouzou putting up a decent fight. who knows zoro might get a sword from him too. and also hyouzou hasnt taken ES so once he does he might be a good warm up for zoro. [though i think booze is his ES]
    Spoiler show

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky: DOCKING COMPLETE

Spoiler show

lols

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

11. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee-tyme7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

THE SUNNY-VOLTRON!!! just like I mention before. lol!

Anyway can't wait for next chapter...btw are there any new chapt out this wk?

Love is like a hurricane.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-tyme7 View Post
    Anyway can't wait for next chapter...btw are there any new chapt out this wk?
    Nope, It's a holiday in japan. Obon if I'm not mistaken.

So that makes two weeks without OP and the rest of the SJ series.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait wait! No chapter this week?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blindmonkey, I don't think zoro will be getting a new sword anytime soon, he hasn't really used the one he got from thriller bark(been consistently injured)

Who wants to guess the power UPS chopper will show in the upcoming fights? (im guessing 1 other point other than ninja, and mastery of monster form

)

Uriel, just wanted you to know your response just made me want to start posting again Haha...I always thought if I did something wrong with Akainu around he would burn a hole through my chest...

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 634 Discussion / 635 Prediction → Next Chapter on Aug.17

I can't burn everyone, but I've a huge whip that I love using it.

And I changed the thread name to avoid posts about when the next chapter will be released (Thanks Schabrak for the tip) So this works as a warning too. IF ANYONE POSTS ABOUT THE RELEASE I'LL DELETE IT.

Although I don't have any issue with emo posts about it, since we're low on activity lately. I envy Naruto forums currently. ;_;
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Just so there are no misunderstandings, not all Shounens are from break this week as it has been hinted in this thread. Hope it's ok I say this Uriel.

Some had their holiday break last week, while others will this week.
    It means the top manga's like Naruto, Bleach, HxH & One Piece and others are on break this week, while some mangas like Fairy Tale who had their break last week will appear this week.

I guess it's made so that only 1 magazine is on break pr. week, since Fairy Tale and others always was released 2-3 days after Bleach, Naruto, One Piece etc. So it's not the same magazine.
    But as far as I can tell, Fairy Tale is still a shounen, so it puzzles me why it does not appear in the shounen jump.

So don't take a break from Mangahelpers if you're reading other series, like Fairy Tale or the others that had their break last week
    Last edited by Quantized; August 10, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 634 Discussion / 635 Prediction → Next Chapter on Aug.17

you know what, having this break kind of benefits me because i have exams next week. that i should really be studying for and focusing on. Since every week i wait for one piece.....oh the agony!

in other news, i think just when luffy is about to gear 3rd on the NFP, a beam will shoot right out of the sunny, and than we have luffy admiring it with stars. hahaha

New Reply
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast