Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Jairo plotline

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Jairo plotline

Anyone gets what the whole Jairo thing is about? To be completely honest this is one of the parts of the plot which I outright do not get. Has Jairo appeared? Is jairo meleoron? Meleoron seems hardly bent on spreading evil as jairo apparently was.... Can someone explain this to me?

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jairo plotline

I don't think that any one will be able to explain to you beyond Togashi, cuz i also still haven't understood what is his paper on all this arc. Togashi will probably explain this to us in the end of the arc, but i don't think he is Meleoron.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought Jairo is Meleoron. It's funny though because I can't give one concrete proof about how one is the same as the other. But I was thinking Jairo is Meleoron because of his intense drive to exact vengeance against the King himself. No other Ant had the gut to actually go out there and connive with the enemy to fight the King like him.

Sure, the other division commanders (like Zazan and Leol) wanted to become King (or Queen, in Zazan's case). But they never had the gumption to rebel. They never moved to be the King to avenge their past human life, if they had some.

Meleoron is special because his reason to fight is to... avenge someone from his past life. He claims it is Peggy, his father. I think that's a lie, to hide his true intention and identity from Gon. Think about it, he's the only one who had the strongest link to his past human life, and this link is strong enough to drive himself to vengeance. He must be the strongest amongst the consumed humans then. That's what led me to believe he's Jairo.

Additionally, I think his stealth powers are somewhat linked to Jairo's (if he is Jairo) beliefs and style.

http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/Hunt.../153401-1.html

It explains a little something there about how he was able to sleep without the slightest movement.

http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/Hunt.../153401-2.html

It says there Jairo treasured the words "Do not be a nuisance to humans". If you don't wanna be a nuisance to humans it figures you should develop you actions in stealth.

http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/Hunt.../153401-5.html

Jairo developed the belief that the universe has no interest in him, that might lead to feelings of just wanting to disappear, or not being discerned at all by the populace.

It's also possible that Peggy was the "old man next door" who took care of Jairo, and whom he may have actually looked up as his father.

About spreading evil, maybe Meleoron is just biding his time. He still has business to attend to (kicking the King's ass).

About Jairo's shoes: Hey Jairo wears shoes and Meleoron doesn't. So Jairo is not Meleoron? Well Meleoron's feet is kinda small enough for him to wear normal human shoes. Besides, if you want to go unnoticed amongst the crowd, would you want to walk around barefoot? You'd have to at least wear sandals. And if Meleoron is Jairo you would want to wear shoes instead of sandals.

Still, those are just guesses and there's still a large possibility that Jairo is not Meleoron.
    Last edited by NoFreakingWay; July 29, 2011 at 02:33 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ~Andrew~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be clear that Jairo's time/real story has yet to come.
    He was the original King of NGL and after the Chimera Ants killed him and "borrowed" his kingdom, he was rebirthed as a (most likely) real strong Ant.
    He is now strong in at least 2 terms:
    1. He snapped out of the Queen's controll and never even lost his memories (or regained it right/shortly after his rebirth). That alone means he is extra-ordinary strong. Because the latest Chapter finally confirmed a few things regarding lost memory/regained memory among the Ants.
    1.1 Strong Ants had a hard time regaining their memories, but they were able to gain a few memories with the help of other ants which remembered their past life (Welfin is a good example).
    1.2 Over-average Strong Ants could easily regain their memories, if they want.
    But they have to want to remember their past-life in the first place, because this was the other confirmed factor influencing the chance: Strong resolution/Strong Will.

2.0 He is strong in terms of intelligence. He got killed by Chimera Ants, thus he wasn't physically strong (at least not extreme strong).
    Putting two and two together and we now have a Jairo/Gyro with hatred/determination and the power of the ants.

The Chimera Ant Arc prepared Jairo's plot (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the whole Arc solely served as Jairo's hype XD).

And what I said isn't excluding the theory of our beloved comrade "NoFreakingWay" I don't see Meleoron as Jairo yet, but I think it's possibly. Meleoron's abilitys and personality would just perfectly fit in with my idea of Gyro's character. Meleoron could lead a Kingdom if he won't tell anyone about his ability anymore. But he is physically weak and cooperated with humans, humans he hate. Well, but as he met with Gon, Meleoron said something about Gon having an "inhuman" side to him.....I haven't decided what to think about this, yet.

To cut a long story short: I think Gyro/Jairo will definitely proceed with his plan, no matter what, until he eventually gets killed/dies. That's the sole reason he lives ; to spread evil all over the world. And the distribution of "Drug B" was only one "shemes" he wants to carry out.

I'm so happy that the Chimera Ant finally ended. I liked it, though, but now I want to see so many other storylines in HxH <3.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a thread already about it. I'm unsure if I should merge them and make a thread about Jairo as a character with the proper sub-discussions OR if you should somewhat change the topic focusing more on his future on this manga and not with the Meleoron-Jairo thing.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So far all we know is that Jairo is plotting behind the scenes all this time and he's up to no good.

He is clearly one of the strongest character in mental toughness, as he can defy the Queen's will, though there is absolutely no reason to believe he's physically strong.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    though there is absolutely no reason to believe he's physically strong.
    Wrong.
    There WAS no reason to assume that he's physically strong.
    But since he's now an Ant he should've got at least a considerable amount of strength.
    I don't think that he's extra-ordinary strong, but what's important is his will-power/resolution.
    We'll see how strong he is (physically), but I'm more curious about his will-power, he'll be an kickass Character/Villain (even without much physically strength). =3

The Powerlevel Scan shows an "?" for Jairo and the King. As for the King's Powerlevel, I think he got a "?" because of his limitless potential (he only needs to keep eating strong nen user to reach higher powerlevels ; at least that's what the Manga said). (Powerlevel Scale scans Link: http://bbs.iiikl.net/topic.php?topic...e=2&class_id=0 )

Jairo is fu**ing intelligent. As for any other feat, he has yet to show them.
    I always pictured him as an strategist. Pulling the strings from behind the curtain
    Last edited by ~Andrew~; September 15, 2011 at 02:54 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The physical ability of an Ant is clearly highly correlated to the class they're born in. Yes there are exceptions (Meleoron) but right now we sure haven't seen any soldier level Ant that turns out to be super strong (relative to Hunters, not mere humans). Jairo's picture never showed up (at least nobody that remotely looks like they could be him) when Netero was assessing both side's strength. It's clearly implied that the higher ranking Ants at least talk to each other on a regular basis, and we can assume Jairo is clearly an indivdual that stands out, yet nobody actually met Jairo. Sure it could be that he was missing from the start, but someone should have noted that one of the higher ranking guys left and never came back. It'd only make sense if Jairo was born as a soldier class, which would explain how despite having all these friends, nobody actually knew he was around (since there are clearly a ton of soldiers).

I think it's safe to rule out Jairo will be a threat as a function of physical prowess. It'd also be extremely redundant to have another villian that relies on physical force consider the last arc featured Meryem, who is a force so powerful that it was not possible to fight him head on (I don't think using a bomb to blow him up can be considered a head on fight).

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I can partially agree with you.
    Ants of every class are stronger than average human, that was my point. I wanted to say that Jairo only benefits of his situation. He saw himself never as a human, now he is no longer humern. He's not a human in two terms now: 1. No Human Mind (dunno how to put it else) 2. No Human body. His Character went through a growth which was in his favor.

You're saying that it's safe to assume that Jairo will be no threat in terms of physically power and that's just not proven/indicated enough.
    He will be threat or else it would be pointless for him to be an villain.
    On the other hand you're absolutely right regarding Meruem being the only enemy able to pwn all and everything due to his outstanding and "UNIQUE" power in all terms, and togashi won't create another villain with such feats because it just doesn't fit in the usual HxH fights.

Meruem was an exception, only to show humanity their limits.

Let's reach an agreement. We both assume that Jairo won't be anywhere near to the King's/Royal Guard's level but I still believe he'll be strong enough to give Gon and Killua a hard time (physically). But what's more important: We both are convinced that the true danger indeed is Jairo's will-power fueled by his hatred towards humanity and his intellect.

The last and most important thing on which we should agree is that fights in HxH are more about strategy and trying to take advantage of the enemies weakness. That said, we can predict that the next Arc will cover fights where the winner will be decided by intelligence, experience and personal abilitys. And raw power is just an extra feat that could help in a fight.
    That's my point. And
    Agreeable?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the world of Hunter it's clear politics plays a huge role behind the scenes. Gin, for example, can change your name just because he doesn't like it and he's described as someone who has a president-level authority. Netero said in the worst case, the Hunter's Association will have to take responsibilty for everything that happened in the invasion. This presumably includes the usage of Rose, so let's say that was somehow caught on TV, it's clear the Hunter's Association eats the blame. This would pretty much destroy the reputation of the Hunter's Association, but Netero agreed to that while on a phone call with some unknown entity. So it's pretty clear that even the Hunter's Association can be a pawn, at least compared to the entity that supplied Netero with the Rose in the first place, and there is no indication whoever these mysterious guys are strong enough to beat Netero let alone the entire Hunter's Association in a fight.

So I think Jairo's power is going to be like those mysterious entities. For example it wouldn't surprise me if you see Jairo on a phone call and say, "Let's nuke the nation" and it happened. He'll probably be given a physical power level so we don't have to ask, "Why not send in a sniper to take him out if he's so weak?", but I really don't think he's going to be a villain that relies on his physical attributes to get his job done.

That said, aura is not limited to just physical. It is entirely possible he'll have a very powerful aura ability, but I doubt it'll be geared toward fighting.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, most of what you said is common knowledge for a HxH reader but it isn't as simple as you pictured it . Jairo isn't on par with netero and I don't mean the difference in brute strength but rather the huge difference in connections they both have. Sure, Jairo should at least be able to nuke some bombs, but he would gain batshit from such actions.
    We have to look at him from the perspective that was provided to us by the Manga. He's about to spread more "evil" like the "Drug" he already distributed and it's stated that his goal contains more shemes which he will eventually carry out.
    Strong or not.

Btw: You don't need to explain me the basics of aura/nen or en. I don't know why you even tried to lecture me but nevermind, pal.
    Enough said.
    We both are explaining unnecessary things already.

I'll stick with my opinion, which includes some of yours as well. And what kind of a villain he'll be.. Well, that we will see. :A
    I hope you enjoyed our little discussion as I much as I did. :3
    Last edited by ~Andrew~; September 15, 2011 at 02:53 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply