Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: kunro new along time ago....

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    kunro new along time ago....

    some one prolly saw this but in
    http://www.mangareader.net/97-1215-4...hapter-53.html

    gantz screwed up or deliberately took kie from the time when he was running out of the bird house, ore restored him from this time.....

    why????

    or was roof kei sent some where else, or simply not taken....back....???? another kei on the loose

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: kunro new along time ago....

    Some of us have discussed this before... It seems as though Gantz doesn't heal any injuries. What he does is he transfers the last 'safe' version of the person. When Kei fell from the rooftop he may have been injured (was a long fall). In this case Gantz chose to bring back Kei as he was running from the house, before he was picked up by the bird alien.

    We've seen an actual example of this from Katou. He was injured like halfway through a fight with an alien and when he finally transferred back he had no idea what had happened or how it had ended.

  3. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: kunro new along time ago....

    he appears to have been ported from here
    http://www.mangareader.net/97-1212-8...hapter-50.html

    this means that Ganz records all time frames of your existence as well, though the gun is missing...

    ---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Some of us have discussed this before... It seems as though Gantz doesn't heal any injuries. What he does is he transfers the last 'safe' version of the person. When Kei fell from the rooftop he may have been injured (was a long fall). In this case Gantz chose to bring back Kei as he was running from the house, before he was picked up by the bird alien.

    We've seen an actual example of this from Katou. He was injured like halfway through a fight with an alien and when he finally transferred back he had no idea what had happened or how it had ended.

    So this means their is a slight injured 3 rd Kei still around.....

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: kunro new along time ago....

    No...

    Gantz transfers them out (effectively deleting them) and then transfers IN an uninjured copy.

    ---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

    But yes, he was transferred from around that time. Once he was picked up by the giant bird transfer was impossible... the bird would have transferred with him.

    How far into the series are you anyway?

    EDIT: Kei was seen running again in the next chapter. As far as we know he still held the X-gun, however in the chapter after that he's in the air and the X-gun is actually shoved into the back of his pants, or something. He pulls it out midair and shoots the bird. So it's something of a mistake on Oku's part perhaps, however the transfer scene is probably accurate while the earlier scenes were the mistake... if that makes sense.

    That was a pretty good mission. Couldn't help re-reading some of it.
    Last edited by Damura; July 30, 2011 at 11:55 PM.

  5. #5
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: kunro new along time ago....

    I have read the whole series a few times...because I really like it...and it the only way I can get my (blunted) fix....just re reading a few sections....I am surprised that Nishi was so easily beaten...really....it must have been bad lick as kei suggests as the Tanka aliens were not that tough.....or nishi suxxxxx

    also I am convinced (and posted this before) that the lady who says hello at the train station means KEI has been in gantz before, because it is identical to how th old man says hello in the train station...

    Also if giant aliens knew about kei....do they know....do they have time travel...or just really do prediction programs....

  6. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: kunro new along time ago....

    ^

    I think the main problem was he was stuck in a river in the middle of the night, or whatever it was. He'd dropped his gun and the damn thing was like a torpedo in the water. Extremely fast, effectively invisible... Kei never really had to deal with them shooting stuff at him or flying around like crazy. Neither did Katou or the others, really, if I remember correctly. Kei's extremely lucky that the giant bird didn't rip him in half instantly.

    I wish I could re-read the series. Not really possible at the moment. Looking at them online fucks up my eyes if I do it for too long. It's funny looking back at how different the drawings are... the characters look so weird.

  7. #7
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Alderney
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: kunro new along time ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^

    I think the main problem was he was stuck in a river in the middle of the night, or whatever it was. He'd dropped his gun and the damn thing was like a torpedo in the water. Extremely fast, effectively invisible... Kei never really had to deal with them shooting stuff at him or flying around like crazy. Neither did Katou or the others, really, if I remember correctly. Kei's extremely lucky that the giant bird didn't rip him in half instantly.

    I wish I could re-read the series. Not really possible at the moment. Looking at them online fucks up my eyes if I do it for too long. It's funny looking back at how different the drawings are... the characters look so weird.
    Yeah, the art changes through the arcs. I mean, look at Reika.

  8. #8
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ownage404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: kunro new along time ago....

    I thought that scene was to show the first time Gantz is malfunctioning, something like a foreshadow of when it fully fucks up.

  9. #9
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: kunro new along time ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    No...

    Gantz transfers them out (effectively deleting them) and then transfers IN an uninjured copy.
    One thing about that though.

    When Cherry lost his arm recently, during the whole counter attack malarkey. When they got transferred back by the zaibatsu guys, you can see that he's relieved to have regained his arm.

    It contradicts every other similar instance before it.

    More likely to be a slip by Oku than anything else, but still...

  10. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: kunro new along time ago....

    ^

    Not necessarily. The rules have changed, different people are in control and they aren't using the technology in the standard way. We know Gantz can heal stuff. This includes things like scars and cancer. There are also a couple of 'modes' of the transfer. Then again Oku could just be doing whatever the hell he wants again. Good point though.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts