Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2003

Thread: I now have my own personal and awesome minion :wtf

  1. #31
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    How does it feel being a nii-chan? Do you feel like this is the relationship you want with your students, like Iruka/Kakashi and Naruto?

  2. #32
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Nah , for now on i will only play football with some friends and not as often as i would want to.
    I would love to see your skills

    Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Yeah Portugueses teams did well specially Porto and Braga. Yeah and i hope that Porto put up a good fight. This sunday porto has already an important game against another portuguese team and if we win it's another important trophy.
    Hopefully there will be a german team going against you this time
    Good luck today!


    Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Darker than Black fan
    Is hei your fav character like me ?
    But I really really like Suou too, she's really cute.
    I'm glad that you watched Bakemonogatari, since you've watched that I don't think I have anything to recommend to you anymore because Bake is really great.
    Yeah, my favorite this season is Usagi Drop too, its the anime that I look forward every week. But, I like Steins;gate more but thats from the last season
    Do you watch Steins?

    FMA: Brotherhood is the 2nd place for "overall best" in my chart, Gintama being first
    but I like it alot too, you might say that every episode was a blast watching.
    Uh, but that's also because I didn't read the manga and jumped right into brotherhood.
    Yup he's my favourite from the series! Do you think it will get another season? The last one was kinda... disappointing
    A few people recommended me Code Geass, did ya watch it?
    That's great to hear, then come over to the thread and discuss it with us
    Nope I watched the first two eps and kinda lost interest after that. How would you rate it?

    Never watched Gintama but that's just because most of the japanese comedy series are just not funny enough, at least for me. And to be honest, I prefer series where the plot moves forward regularly, episodic events are not really my thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I think it depends on the major, right? Like in medicine, you can say that the ratio between male and female is quite balanced; I think the boys win in a small margin like you said. But on some other majors (mostly those involve techniques like engineering, machine, building, etc.) the ratio is more towards boys. I think my friend once said that there were only 3-4 girls compared to 10-12 boys in a class. XD But it's true; I think women are more eager to study than men. lol. :3
    But gender doesn't matter anymore, right? So just do your best. XD
    Yup it depends on the major, still I would prefer if my would be a bit more balanced. Well it's going to start in two days, let's see what awaits me :3
    Do you really think women are more eager? XD I think studying is a very important thing nowadays, nearly every one wants to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    It was only for 3 days. XD Technically speaking, I wouldn't pick it as my lifetime work. I don't think I can devote my heart as much as those who dedicated their life solely for teaching handicapped children. Still, it was a nice experience. I just wanted to know how it felt like. And I think I offended one of my students by trying to teach her something she had known before (and I asked like, "I bet you didn't know this, right? Have you never learned about this before?" Later on I heard that her mental was not very stable either, so yeah. ^^")
    yeah I feel the same way, but I'm sure it's an interesting experience
    well it's not your fault, sometimes you can't prevent dropping a clanger. Still I'm sure you did a good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    That's right. I think I'm not very philanthropic, but like you said, I have to. In fact, we were taught to be so in one of our classes about humanity and empathy. =___= No matter how important it is, the classes are sooo boring. :3 (well, maybe I am indeed an evil, narrow-minded woman who wears a mask at the moment).
    And you too will be a good teacher.
    well those classes tend to be rather boring, our ethics class was like that too. Still I think a good teacher can make even boring things kinda interesting (I hope I will be able to do that :3 )
    And I really got the impression that your philantropic, that's why I can't believe you're not XD No matter what you say, I'm sure you will be a caring and kind doctor.
    Btw, why did you choose to study medicine? If it's because you wanted to help people, there's no way you aren't philantropic


    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    What other members? ._.

    Nice. You prefer manga over anime? What other manga do you read?
    It's a secret

    Not really, both have their strengths and weaknesses. Both are very enjoyable, if done good. Here's my reading list: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Naruto-niichan

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    How does it feel being a nii-chan? Do you feel like this is the relationship you want with your students, like Iruka/Kakashi and Naruto?
    Dunno Actually I was thinking about changing my name because it's a bit long the kids where I was working at saw my like a nii-chan/ni-san, at least that what they and my superior said. It's not like I would prefer just being like a big brother but it's a nice thing. Do you have any siblings?

  3. #33
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    *stares at the word "Code Geass"*

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Yup it depends on the major, still I would prefer if my would be a bit more balanced. Well it's going to start in two days, let's see what awaits me :3
    Do you really think women are more eager? XD I think studying is a very important thing nowadays, nearly every one wants to do it.
    Two days? School started on Tuesday? O.o Wait, is it still Saturday at your place now? XD
    And at high school, I have to say yes. At high school, more women seemed to be eager to study. There were some boys too, of course, but compared to girls they still lost the ration. XD But in general I agree; education is something important and I'm sure lots of people realize it, regardless of the gender. The problem is the will from each person. ^^"

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    yeah I feel the same way, but I'm sure it's an interesting experience
    well it's not your fault, sometimes you can't prevent dropping a clanger. Still I'm sure you did a good job!
    Thanks so much, naruto-niichan. :3

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    well those classes tend to be rather boring, our ethics class was like that too. Still I think a good teacher can make even boring things kinda interesting (I hope I will be able to do that :3 )
    And I really got the impression that your philantropic, that's why I can't believe you're not XD No matter what you say, I'm sure you will be a caring and kind doctor.
    Btw, why did you choose to study medicine? If it's because you wanted to help people, there's no way you aren't philantropic
    Yeah. There are few teachers who are less boring than some others. But we don't have that class very often anyway, so I think it's okay.
    And thanks for that! Guess I really need it. XD Haha, yeah, sure, I take medicine because I'd like to help people. I also like biology. Thus, combined. But thinking about it deeper, I didn't really have another choice. My other interests were music and language. Those two things could actually be studied outside formal education, so it'd be a waste to take majors in it, or so my parents said. They had their points. And I'm not interested in fields like economy, management, or engineering. ^^"

  4. #34
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    *stares at the word "Code Geass"*
    I'm going to watch it today or tommorw :3 Saw that there's a third season planned, what do you think about it?

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Two days? School started on Tuesday? O.o Wait, is it still Saturday at your place now? XD
    And at high school, I have to say yes. At high school, more women seemed to be eager to study. There were some boys too, of course, but compared to girls they still lost the ration. XD But in general I agree; education is something important and I'm sure lots of people realize it, regardless of the gender. The problem is the will from each person. ^^"
    It's sunday here as well XD It's just an exception, usually it starts on monday but there's a bunch of new pupils this year, that's why they will have the first day for themself. I don't mind, one more free day is a nice thing.

    maybe you're right, boys don't like to study that much and their will isn't as great as womens (at least most of the time). My will is not that strong either but fortunately I found something I enjoy.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Thanks so much, naruto-niichan. :3
    You, Dr.Phio, are definitely a kind person :3

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Yeah. There are few teachers who are less boring than some others. But we don't have that class very often anyway, so I think it's okay.
    And thanks for that! Guess I really need it. XD Haha, yeah, sure, I take medicine because I'd like to help people. I also like biology. Thus, combined. But thinking about it deeper, I didn't really have another choice. My other interests were music and language. Those two things could actually be studied outside formal education, so it'd be a waste to take majors in it, or so my parents said. They had their points. And I'm not interested in fields like economy, management, or engineering. ^^"
    I actually experienced both ways. Back in secondary school, we had a bad english teacher and when we finally got a new one, he was shocked how little we actually knew. Thanks to him, we were able to compensate a lot of it.

    Yup biology is very interesting, I would have thought about becoming a doctor too if I hadn't been that lazy :/
    so you definitely are philantropic how long will it take until you become a doc?
    So your parents had an impact on your decision? Do you regret choosing it as your major or are you happy with your decision? Sorry for all the questions, I'm a very curious person
    then we feel the same, I was never interested in any of those. I prefer working with people, not numbers.

  5. #35
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I'm going to watch it today or tommorw :3 Saw that there's a third season planned, what do you think about it?
    The planned third season, as far as I found out from CLAMP's international community website, is more of a prequel than a sequel. Personally I'm expecting sequel more than prequel, though making a sequel might be quite impossible considering the ending. I don't even know how far the development of the third anime is now; I can't say much about it. Still, if it's something related to Geass, I think I'd still check it out. :3

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    It's sunday here as well XD It's just an exception, usually it starts on monday but there's a bunch of new pupils this year, that's why they will have the first day for themself. I don't mind, one more free day is a nice thing.

    maybe you're right, boys don't like to study that much and their will isn't as great as womens (at least most of the time). My will is not that strong either but fortunately I found something I enjoy.
    Ah, I see. Like orientation period? Talking about it, have you ever been interested in joining orientation period's committee? XD

    Talking about wills, mine might not be as strong as what people thought too. As I described from my first post, the background of my choice was not entirely, completely, wholeheartedly because I like this field. Sure, I do have a certain liking to this major, but I can't say that I'm deeply in love with it. I guess that's one of my weaknesses. And I get lazy easily. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    You, Dr.Phio, are definitely a kind person :3
    Aww. You too, Teacher naruto-niichan.
    (No idea about your name, so lol. XD)

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Yup biology is very interesting, I would have thought about becoming a doctor too if I hadn't been that lazy :/
    so you definitely are philantropic how long will it take until you become a doc?
    So your parents had an impact on your decision? Do you regret choosing it as your major or are you happy with your decision? Sorry for all the questions, I'm a very curious person
    then we feel the same, I was never interested in any of those. I prefer working with people, not numbers.
    Haha, I see~ If you can choose, would you like to teach biology? XD

    To become a general doctor, it takes around five years. For specialization, I think it takes at least three more years. Still a long way to go for me. Technically speaking, if you want to 'exist' in the world of medicine, you need to have a specialization. But specialization costs a lot. And by a lot, I really mean a lot. So that's why there aren't many specialists here.

    Ahaha~ My only concern is that this is actually your thread, so it's kinda strange for you to ask it to me. XD But I'll answer. I'm not unhappy with this decision. This major is hard; very hard that sometimes I feel like I had made the wrong choice. Sometimes I feel like I'm not gonna be able to finish this. But then I look at those around me; friends, seniors, and families; they could all do that despite the crazy, hard, winding road they had. So I'm trying to put my whole heart into this medicine. Not that I dislike this major, but I still can't bring myself to say "I completely love this major" because sometimes I still feel discouraged.

    (Sorry for the long rant. )

    What about you? Have you ever felt like you had made the wrong decision? What would you do when you are in such situation?

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #36
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    Nope, I'm a lone child, unfortunately. What about you?

    Give Good Ending a try. You like romance, seeing as how you like Kimi no Todoke, and GE in my opinion is more realistic than Kimi (I love both manga though).

    It is nice to be viewed as a brother though. Students are more relaxed with you and more easily go to you for help if they need it. May I ask why they view you as that?

  8. #37
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    The planned third season, as far as I found out from CLAMP's international community website, is more of a prequel than a sequel. Personally I'm expecting sequel more than prequel, though making a sequel might be quite impossible considering the ending. I don't even know how far the development of the third anime is now; I can't say much about it. Still, if it's something related to Geass, I think I'd still check it out. :3
    That sounds interesting, hopefully I will like Code Geass as much as you. I already heard a lot about Lelouch, who is labeled as an awesome character by quite a few members here, so I'm definitely looking forward to know more about this show!

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Ah, I see. Like orientation period? Talking about it, have you ever been interested in joining orientation period's committee? XD

    Talking about wills, mine might not be as strong as what people thought too. As I described from my first post, the background of my choice was not entirely, completely, wholeheartedly because I like this field. Sure, I do have a certain liking to this major, but I can't say that I'm deeply in love with it. I guess that's one of my weaknesses. And I get lazy easily. XD
    Yup that's it XD I don't even know if such a section exists at our school but no, I'm not interested in something like that. Holidays are supposed to be a time where you shouldn't need to work for school/university (at least that's how I see it, I'm very lazy sometimes. Did I already mention that? XD) and I wouldn't want to sacrifice my free time for a relatively easy to handle thing. I don't even think that we are in need of any orientation time, that's how I felt back when I joined the school. If the orientation time would really be of need, I might have considered it.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Aww. You too, Teacher naruto-niichan.
    (No idea about your name, so lol. XD)
    Thanks My real name's Kevin XD What's yours? Or is Phio your real name?


    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Haha, I see~ If you can choose, would you like to teach biology? XD

    To become a general doctor, it takes around five years. For specialization, I think it takes at least three more years. Still a long way to go for me. Technically speaking, if you want to 'exist' in the world of medicine, you need to have a specialization. But specialization costs a lot. And by a lot, I really mean a lot. So that's why there aren't many specialists here.
    No, not really. My second choice would have been to become a doctor but that's already out of range :/ I'm happy with what I'm doing right now so I would never change to biology but if there should ever be a possibility, I might try it
    that really is a long time, especially considering the specialization O_o It takes five years to become an educator too but 8 years sounds very hard.
    Are you in your first year? And did you already decide on a specialization? Or don't you want to do any because of the money? Is it really that hard without a specialization? (too much questions popping up in my head XD)

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Ahaha~ My only concern is that this is actually your thread, so it's kinda strange for you to ask it to me. XD But I'll answer. I'm not unhappy with this decision. This major is hard; very hard that sometimes I feel like I had made the wrong choice. Sometimes I feel like I'm not gonna be able to finish this. But then I look at those around me; friends, seniors, and families; they could all do that despite the crazy, hard, winding road they had. So I'm trying to put my whole heart into this medicine. Not that I dislike this major, but I still can't bring myself to say "I completely love this major" because sometimes I still feel discouraged.

    (Sorry for the long rant. )
    well it's a thread to talk with each other, so questions on both sides are bound to happen. Nothing strange there
    Aww you really are a kind/sweet person x3 (there's no way you are a narrow-minded, evil person XD) I really like your resolution, that despite the hardship you're trying your best because you thought of other people with the same or even greater difficulties. I knew it, there's no way you are not philanthropic, otherwise you wouldn't even think that way
    Still that really sounds hard, I wish you the best for the coming years and that the day comes when you will be able to say that you love this major!


    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    What about you? Have you ever felt like you had made the wrong decision? What would you do when you are in such situation?
    well I'm not sure but there's a decision I questioned afterwards and I'm still not sure if it was the right or wrong thing to do. Three years ago I dropped secondary school because I lost most of my interest. It was nothing grave but it would have been only one more year to get my "Abitur", the highest degree you can get before studying. My parents were going on a rage and didn't understand my decision but I had not enough resolve to stay at the school. Afterwards I joined the school I'm at right now and I don't regret it, still things are easier with an "Abitur". Right now I'm limited on what to study, only the "Abitur" allows you to study every major you want to. It doesn't affect me at the current situation but if I ever should feel the urge to study f.ex. medicine, I would need a lot of money to improve my degree to "Abitur", because you have to pay for the teachers (a teacher getting teached by teachers lol XD). Still it's a thing for the far future, so I don't know if it was right or wrong yet :/

    ah, I remembered something I was quite curious about some days ago XD how did ya become a mod for the noblesse secion(so fast )? To be honest, I'm playing with the thought of becoming a mod


    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Nope, I'm a lone child, unfortunately. What about you?

    Give Good Ending a try. You like romance, seeing as how you like Kimi no Todoke, and GE in my opinion is more realistic than Kimi (I love both manga though).

    It is nice to be viewed as a brother though. Students are more relaxed with you and more easily go to you for help if they need it. May I ask why they view you as that?
    I'm a lone child too but it would have been great to have siblings, at least that's what I think.
    Thanks for the advice! I will try it after I've read Blade of the Immortal up to the current chapters.

    Yup that's true, that's why I'm happy about it. Well the kids told me that they can always rely on me when they need help or when they're feeling bad, that they can talk to me when there's something bothering them. My superiors told me the kids noticed that I'm a very caring person. If you ask me, it's a mix of a lot of different trivia but the most important thing is that you are honestly interested in the kid as a person. Still there are kids you kinda dislike and who kinda dislike you, so it's not something you can accomplish with everyone.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; August 07, 2011 at 02:46 PM.

  9. #38
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    How do you treat the kids that you dislike and how do the kids that dislike you treat you?

    WAAAAAAAAAAR?

  10. #39
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    That sounds interesting, hopefully I will like Code Geass as much as you. I already heard a lot about Lelouch, who is labeled as an awesome character by quite a few members here, so I'm definitely looking forward to know more about this show!
    Definitely awesome. I'm not a fan of mecha series, but this one contains quite lots of battles with mecha and still stays awesome. Aww.

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Yup that's it XD I don't even know if such a section exists at our school but no, I'm not interested in something like that. Holidays are supposed to be a time where you shouldn't need to work for school/university (at least that's how I see it, I'm very lazy sometimes. Did I already mention that? XD) and I wouldn't want to sacrifice my free time for a relatively easy to handle thing. I don't even think that we are in need of any orientation time, that's how I felt back when I joined the school. If the orientation time would really be of need, I might have considered it.
    I'm touched at how much alike we are.

    Spoiler show


    Personally speaking, I despise orientation periods here in my country. The seniors bully the juniors too much; sometimes up to the point of physical contact. There was even a case when one of the newbies died because of excessive physical 'training'. Yeah, died. Disgusting. Now people give more attention to cases like this so the school and seniors can't do something too much. Still, an orientation period would always have this part where seniors shouting and bullying and acting like some kings/queens talking to the stupid servants. What's the point? They have walked too far from the word 'orientation' itself. ..I think I better stop here or I can continue ranting about how stupid these orientation periods are. I hope such things don't happened at your place. ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Thanks My real name's Kevin XD What's yours? Or is Phio your real name?
    Ah, hi, Kevin. Hmm, I'd rather not share my real name online; had bad experiences because of that. Sorry. But if you'd like to know, I can send you a PM or add you at Facebook. Do you have account there? ^^ But Phio sounds like my real name indeed. It's a nickname given to me by my friends. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    No, not really. My second choice would have been to become a doctor but that's already out of range :/ I'm happy with what I'm doing right now so I would never change to biology but if there should ever be a possibility, I might try it
    that really is a long time, especially considering the specialization O_o It takes five years to become an educator too but 8 years sounds very hard.
    Are you in your first year? And did you already decide on a specialization? Or don't you want to do any because of the money? Is it really that hard without a specialization? (too much questions popping up in my head XD)
    Nice! I hope you can give it a try someday. ^^
    I've just finished my first year. Specialization, not yet. When I was on high school, I found out about a specialization called 'chiropractic', about backbones. I'm actually interested since there are not many doctors with that specializations at Indonesia. But it must be hard as well, for not having too many people interested in it. XD Aside from that one, my parents suggested specialization in internal organs, like my uncle. It's actually interesting as well. Both must be hard. I'll leave it later on to decide. XD My parents would love to have me take my specialization later on, but I'm thinking to work a bit after I graduated as a general doctor. Well... at least try to gather some more money before continuing my education. It's just crazy. XD And it actually depends on where and how you work. At remote places, I think general doctors are more needed. Good general doctors can get lots of patients as well. :3

    I wonder if you're going to take some kind of specialization as an educator as well? Does such thing possible? XD

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Aww you really are a kind/sweet person x3 (there's no way you are a narrow-minded, evil person XD) I really like your resolution, that despite the hardship you're trying your best because you thought of other people with the same or even greater difficulties. I knew it, there's no way you are not philanthropic, otherwise you wouldn't even think that way
    Still that really sounds hard, I wish you the best for the coming years and that the day comes when you will be able to say that you love this major!
    Aww, thanks a lot, Kevin!

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    well I'm not sure but there's a decision I questioned afterwards and I'm still not sure if it was the right or wrong thing to do. Three years ago I dropped secondary school because I lost most of my interest. It was nothing grave but it would have been only one more year to get my "Abitur", the highest degree you can get before studying. My parents were going on a rage and didn't understand my decision but I had not enough resolve to stay at the school. Afterwards I joined the school I'm at right now and I don't regret it, still things are easier with an "Abitur". Right now I'm limited on what to study, only the "Abitur" allows you to study every major you want to. It doesn't affect me at the current situation but if I ever should feel the urge to study f.ex. medicine, I would need a lot of money to improve my degree to "Abitur", because you have to pay for the teachers (a teacher getting teached by teachers lol XD). Still it's a thing for the far future, so I don't know if it was right or wrong yet :/
    I see.
    Your story is similar to my parents, should I say. My mom dropped school because she wasn't interested enough and not allowed to go to another city to continue her education. And she said she regretted it now. Over here it's hard to find a work somewhere without proper education, unless you want to start your own business. So if my mom was there when you wanted to drop school, she'd lecture you till death, I believe. XD But you had made the choice and all you can do is to keep moving forward.
    I wonder if you want to get 'Abitur', do you have to join a special class with lessons like in secondary school, or by paying teachers as you said you're going to have some kind of home schooling and then join the exam somewhere?

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    ah, I remembered something I was quite curious about some days ago XD how did ya become a mod for the noblesse secion(so fast )? To be honest, I'm playing with the thought of becoming a mod
    I agree, so fast. I didn't know how I could be one too; I think admins would know the answer best. XD I was just trying to be as active, positive, and helpful as much as I could, especially since I like the series so much and I enjoy talking about it with other members. Then the offer just came suddenly. XD I suppose if you keep your active, positive, and helpful attitude, that offer would come to you someday. ^^

  11. #40
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    8th Day
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    I've only watched the first season of CG, haven't or never got to try the 2nd season.
    But it's good, that I'm sure.
    I can't help but click your manga list and noticed you read "Alive" and rate it 9
    What is your favorite thing about Alive?
    It's one of those manga that is amazing but people don't read those much.

  12. #41
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    You watched CG's first season and not tempted to continue? The ending of the first season is just... O.o

  13. #42
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    8th Day
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    You watched CG's first season and not tempted to continue? The ending of the first season is just... O.o
    That time it was because..
    I forgotten.

  14. #43
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    Hi Narutard, haven't seen you a lot in Narutard heaven lately...

    Narutards need to stick together man!

  15. #44
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Definitely awesome. I'm not a fan of mecha series, but this one contains quite lots of battles with mecha and still stays awesome. Aww.
    Finished the first season a few minutes ago, it was awesome!
    The first days at school were quite busy but I managed to watch 3-4 eps per day because the show was really intriguing, thank you very much for recommending it

    I will answer anything else later on, now I'm going to watch Season 2 because I can't wait to see what actually happened at the end of season 1. Just ignore my fangasm but this show is SO MUCH WIN!!

    ---------- Post added August 21, 2011 at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was August 14, 2011 at 04:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Definitely awesome. I'm not a fan of mecha series, but this one contains quite lots of battles with mecha and still stays awesome. Aww.
    I'm not that much of a mecha fan either but the show really was awesome
    still a third planned season without Lelouch will be... odd o__o

    thanks for your advice, I wasn't that excited about an anime since long ago!


    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm touched at how much alike we are.

    Spoiler show
    Laziness is great


    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Personally speaking, I despise orientation periods here in my country. The seniors bully the juniors too much; sometimes up to the point of physical contact. There was even a case when one of the newbies died because of excessive physical 'training'. Yeah, died. Disgusting. Now people give more attention to cases like this so the school and seniors can't do something too much. Still, an orientation period would always have this part where seniors shouting and bullying and acting like some kings/queens talking to the stupid servants. What's the point? They have walked too far from the word 'orientation' itself. ..I think I better stop here or I can continue ranting about how stupid these orientation periods are. I hope such things don't happened at your place. ^^
    well no, at least my orientation periods were rather peaceful but mostly not really necessary.
    That sounds very hard O____O looks like things really went out of control at your school, it sounds like the juniors were (are?) some kind of inferiors
    I'm sure that it was a huge shock when one of them died, I can't believe how stupid some people are.... What happened to the seniors who were responsible for him?
    Now I'm kinda happy that something like this didn't happen at the schools I visited, we were never treated like servants. Only bad thing I remember is the seniors pushing back the juniors when they wanted to buy something from our old kiosk (there was a serious inrush every break).
    We had another orientation period this year but it was just breakfast with a class one year above us, so it actually was a good experience. Not that we learned anything grave but it was enjoyable.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Ah, hi, Kevin. Hmm, I'd rather not share my real name online; had bad experiences because of that. Sorry. But if you'd like to know, I can send you a PM or add you at Facebook. Do you have account there? ^^ But Phio sounds like my real name indeed. It's a nickname given to me by my friends. XD
    Hi ... phio oh I'm sorry to hear that :/ can I ask what happened?
    Just send me a PM, I don't have a facebook acount (yeah, really XD)
    Now I wonder even more what's your name, phio is a rather unusual nickname (at least over here)

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Nice! I hope you can give it a try someday. ^^
    I've just finished my first year. Specialization, not yet. When I was on high school, I found out about a specialization called 'chiropractic', about backbones. I'm actually interested since there are not many doctors with that specializations at Indonesia. But it must be hard as well, for not having too many people interested in it. XD Aside from that one, my parents suggested specialization in internal organs, like my uncle. It's actually interesting as well. Both must be hard. I'll leave it later on to decide. XD My parents would love to have me take my specialization later on, but I'm thinking to work a bit after I graduated as a general doctor. Well... at least try to gather some more money before continuing my education. It's just crazy. XD And it actually depends on where and how you work. At remote places, I think general doctors are more needed. Good general doctors can get lots of patients as well. :3
    thanks! Still I'm happy with what I'm doing right now
    I heard about chiropractic, it definitely sounds like an interesting specialization. Still whatever you may choose, I'm sure it will be a good choice
    Working after graduation sounds fine, I'm planning to do the same. Who knows, maybe you will be happy with being a general doctor. Do you want to live at a more remote place?

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I wonder if you're going to take some kind of specialization as an educator as well? Does such thing possible? XD
    Yeah, there are specializations XD (for example "social casework" or "social pedagogy") Still as stated above, I want to work after graduating so I don't know if I will ever do any. Those specializations are relatively expensive, nothing outrageous but still enough to think about it twice.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I see.
    Your story is similar to my parents, should I say. My mom dropped school because she wasn't interested enough and not allowed to go to another city to continue her education. And she said she regretted it now. Over here it's hard to find a work somewhere without proper education, unless you want to start your own business. So if my mom was there when you wanted to drop school, she'd lecture you till death, I believe. XD But you had made the choice and all you can do is to keep moving forward.
    I wonder if you want to get 'Abitur', do you have to join a special class with lessons like in secondary school, or by paying teachers as you said you're going to have some kind of home schooling and then join the exam somewhere?
    XD well it's the same over here, it's hard without a proper education but I have the second highest education level so it's not that bad. My parents wanted me to become a psychologist or something like this and you need the highest level for that, that's why they were disappointed. Still they have accepted it now, because they see that I'm happy with my decision
    It's called evening school here, that's where you are able to get your "Abitur" if you didn't made it at a regular school. You have to pay the teachers and attend to lessons + there will be different exams from time to time. Still you have to do a lot at home so it's not that easy.


    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I agree, so fast. I didn't know how I could be one too; I think admins would know the answer best. XD I was just trying to be as active, positive, and helpful as much as I could, especially since I like the series so much and I enjoy talking about it with other members. Then the offer just came suddenly. XD I suppose if you keep your active, positive, and helpful attitude, that offer would come to you someday. ^^
    I see. Well I'm not that active sometimes so it will be difficult but it was just a thought. Still if I should ever get a offer, I'm definitely going to give it a try.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I've only watched the first season of CG, haven't or never got to try the 2nd season.
    But it's good, that I'm sure.
    I can't help but click your manga list and noticed you read "Alive" and rate it 9
    What is your favorite thing about Alive?
    It's one of those manga that is amazing but people don't read those much.
    You should definitely watch the second season if you liked the first one!
    It's good to see another fellow "Alive" fan
    I thought the setting was very interesting, if I would have to pick a favourite thing, it would be the characters. It was interesting to see that most of the villains were not portrayed as being absolutely evil but were fighting for their own (partly understandable) reasons. The art progression was amazing as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    How do you treat the kids that you dislike and how do the kids that dislike you treat you?

    WAAAAAAAAAAR?
    I treat them the same way it's difficult sometimes but that's how you should do it. Still I sometimes tell a lie when a very dislikeable kids asks me to play with him and I don't want to because my mood is rather bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Hi Narutard, haven't seen you a lot in Narutard heaven lately...

    Narutards need to stick together man!
    Hi bene! You're right, I should visit the section more
    I promise to come back there sometime soon!

  16. #45
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutard's showing up :nuts

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Finished the first season a few minutes ago, it was awesome!
    The first days at school were quite busy but I managed to watch 3-4 eps per day because the show was really intriguing, thank you very much for recommending it

    I will answer anything else later on, now I'm going to watch Season 2 because I can't wait to see what actually happened at the end of season 1. Just ignore my fangasm but this show is SO MUCH WIN!!

    I'm not that much of a mecha fan either but the show really was awesome
    still a third planned season without Lelouch will be... odd o__o

    thanks for your advice, I wasn't that excited about an anime since long ago!
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Code Geass is indeed awesome. You made me wanna go to re-watch it again, though I'm a bit lazy. XD
    Yeah, third season without Lulu would be lonely. Still, I guess I'll check it out. No more news about it, though, I think? :O

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    well no, at least my orientation periods were rather peaceful but mostly not really necessary.
    That sounds very hard O____O looks like things really went out of control at your school, it sounds like the juniors were (are?) some kind of inferiors
    I'm sure that it was a huge shock when one of them died, I can't believe how stupid some people are.... What happened to the seniors who were responsible for him?
    Now I'm kinda happy that something like this didn't happen at the schools I visited, we were never treated like servants. Only bad thing I remember is the seniors pushing back the juniors when they wanted to buy something from our old kiosk (there was a serious inrush every break).
    We had another orientation period this year but it was just breakfast with a class one year above us, so it actually was a good experience. Not that we learned anything grave but it was enjoyable.
    Yeah. Juniors are usually regarded as inferior. Not in all universities, but most of them. And the seniors who killed this junior was sent to prison. But then nothing more. This case was very popular and it got lots of attention from the community, but strangely that didn't bring any grave change to orientation period rules. I don't understand why. I'm glad to hear that you guys don't have something like that there. ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Hi ... phio oh I'm sorry to hear that :/ can I ask what happened?
    Just send me a PM, I don't have a facebook acount (yeah, really XD)
    Now I wonder even more what's your name, phio is a rather unusual nickname (at least over here)
    I was attacked at e-mails, Facebook, and at some sites I went to, saying that I was a spammer, scammer, and other curse words which I believe you know. Simply because I'm best friend with a boy this-person-who-attacked-me liked. Ridiculous, huh?
    Okay, I'll PM you, hohoho~ :3 My name is even unusual here in my place. I guess. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    thanks! Still I'm happy with what I'm doing right now
    I heard about chiropractic, it definitely sounds like an interesting specialization. Still whatever you may choose, I'm sure it will be a good choice
    Working after graduation sounds fine, I'm planning to do the same. Who knows, maybe you will be happy with being a general doctor. Do you want to live at a more remote place?

    Yeah, there are specializations XD (for example "social casework" or "social pedagogy") Still as stated above, I want to work after graduating so I don't know if I will ever do any. Those specializations are relatively expensive, nothing outrageous but still enough to think about it twice.
    Thanks! I hope so too. ^^
    Haha, probably. I'm not really setting myself that I must go into specialization no matter what. I'll see again once I've arrived there. Still a long way to go. At remote places, I'm not sure. I think I'm used to the modern life that maybe I'd find quiet life in remote places painful. But that's still a subject to change.
    LOL, specializations are expensive everywhere, hahaha~ XDD

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    XD well it's the same over here, it's hard without a proper education but I have the second highest education level so it's not that bad. My parents wanted me to become a psychologist or something like this and you need the highest level for that, that's why they were disappointed. Still they have accepted it now, because they see that I'm happy with my decision
    It's called evening school here, that's where you are able to get your "Abitur" if you didn't made it at a regular school. You have to pay the teachers and attend to lessons + there will be different exams from time to time. Still you have to do a lot at home so it's not that easy.
    It's great that your parents finally supported you. That means your efforts didn't go to waste. ^^

    I see. I'm not sure if we have something like that over here, though maybe it's just that I don't know if it exists (which reminds me that it's a Devil's Proof and reminds me of Umineko, lol). Maybe it's similar to home schooling, where you pay for teachers to come to your house so you can have classes like in school. But I think home schooling is more lenient in terms of time management. I think they still have to do exams. Well, of course. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I see. Well I'm not that active sometimes so it will be difficult but it was just a thought. Still if I should ever get a offer, I'm definitely going to give it a try.
    Being a moderator doesn't really require you to be active 24 hours on board, but you do need to visit quite much, and more importantly encourage activity at the place you're taking care of. That's the hardest thing to do, compared to technical issues. :3

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts