Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greetings to y'all

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Greetings to y'all

Heyy, I decided to make an account here after I saw that this site probably has some of the most/best discussion on all kinds of different manga anywhere

Anyways some background info... I enjoy manga more than anime to begin with! I'm especially go through phases of loving sports manga, which I've read quite a bit of! My favorite manga's currently published would have to be: Air Gear, Liar Game, Ao No Exorcist ! As for completed: Slam Dunk, Cross Over, Eyeshield 21, GTO !

And an exception for anime is that I've fallen in love with Steins;gate this season

Outside of manga/anime I love playing basketball (pretty much my only recreational activity) and listening to music. That's pretty much all there is to knowing me. Glad to be here

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greetings to y'all

Hey there, Ush! Welcome to MH and I hope you have an awesome time here!

I'm Iceiphoenix, one of the mods of the Member Zone and the General Category. If you ever need any help, feel free to PM me~

Anyway, enough with the formalities! Ohh~ Another LG, AnE and E21 fan!! You should go and check out their respective boards and revive some discussion! In my opinion, E21 is one of the most epic sports manga, and I've read it about... 5 or 6 times. Who's your favourite character or team?

Ehh... that's all from me for now! o/

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to MH! (First time doing this)

Since Icei already asked about ES21, who's your favorite SD character/player? team? match?

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, Ush. Welcome to MH! What a short, easy to say, and cute user name. :3

Another fan of Steins;Gate! *dances* You should join in the discussion for Steins;Gate at Otaku Theater section. Definitely need more love there, haha~ What made you think that series is awesome? Any other anime you're following?

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    Hey there, Ush! Welcome to MH and I hope you have an awesome time here!

I'm Iceiphoenix, one of the mods of the Member Zone and the General Category. If you ever need any help, feel free to PM me~

Anyway, enough with the formalities! Ohh~ Another LG, AnE and E21 fan!! You should go and check out their respective boards and revive some discussion! In my opinion, E21 is one of the most epic sports manga, and I've read it about... 5 or 6 times. Who's your favourite character or team?

Ehh... that's all from me for now! o/
    Hey! I'll try reviving some discussion! Yea ES21 is epic, I've read it 3-4 times myself My favorite character would have to be Monta to the max. Gives hope to all the little wide receivers out there!

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    Welcome to MH! (First time doing this)

Since Icei already asked about ES21, who's your favorite SD character/player? team? match?
    My favorite SD character is definitely and simply Sakuragi :P I know, typical, but I absolutely LOVED how his character was done. Comic relief, and to watch him struggle throughout a game then in just one epic moment make peoples head turn in shock of what he has done was amusing to no end. Those moments when he shined were so well done, I have never felt that from another manga's protagonists success before. My favorite match is definitely Sannoh, although I kind of wish it hadn't happened since then the manga would of gone on longer :P I always wanted to see Sakuragi go up against that 6'8 freshman beast from Meihou tech I think it was? Well here's hoping for SD2... someday... Or at least a remade, finished anime !

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Hi there, Ush. Welcome to MH! What a short, easy to say, and cute user name. :3

Another fan of Steins;Gate! *dances* You should join in the discussion for Steins;Gate at Otaku Theater section. Definitely need more love there, haha~ What made you think that series is awesome? Any other anime you're following?
    I will definitely check it out and start some discussion of my own! I've read and watched so much action/adventure stuff, that a deep, intricate anime like Steins;gate was just a new change of pace for me. I just love how the story is set up and incorporated real world stuff like the story of John titor. Oh and the plot twists. That really got me hooked. In fact I kind of want to play the Visual Novel now (never played one before).

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ush View Post
    I will definitely check it out and start some discussion of my own! I've read and watched so much action/adventure stuff, that a deep, intricate anime like Steins;gate was just a new change of pace for me. I just love how the story is set up and incorporated real world stuff like the story of John titor. Oh and the plot twists. That really got me hooked. In fact I kind of want to play the Visual Novel now (never played one before).
    See you there already. Thank you!

Haha, you're kinda like me then. I tend to watch action ones or romance ones so when I watched something which involves some kind of thinking like Steins;Gate, it feels different. I almost dropped that series before, though; too confusing and unclear during the first few episodes. But glad I didn't drop it. XD

Hmm, if you actually checked the visual novel later on, do let me know what you think. There is this anime with similar situation like Steins;Gate (which kinda requires you to think further of the plot) named Umineko no Naku Koro ni and it's based off on a visual novel as well. Ever heard of it? I watched the anime, felt like it was not enough, so I switched to the visual novel. Still reading it now. XD But the visual novel provided more information than the anime so it feels quite different.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

See you there already. Thank you!

Haha, you're kinda like me then. I tend to watch action ones or romance ones so when I watched something which involves some kind of thinking like Steins;Gate, it feels different. I almost dropped that series before, though; too confusing and unclear during the first few episodes. But glad I didn't drop it. XD

Hmm, if you actually checked the visual novel later on, do let me know what you think. There is this anime with similar situation like Steins;Gate (which kinda requires you to think further of the plot) named Umineko no Naku Koro ni and it's based off on a visual novel as well. Ever heard of it? I watched the anime, felt like it was not enough, so I switched to the visual novel. Still reading it now. XD But the visual novel provided more information than the anime so it feels quite different.
    I will consider watching/reading that too, if it is as similar as you say to Steins;gate! Actually I think the VN for Steins;gate is also a lot more detailed in a few scenarios (ex. the recent [sp]making feyris send a d-mail back to change the past back to what it was[/sp] is explained in much more detail.) The anime seems to be doing a great job of adapting the VN so far though.

I'll let you know what I think if I read the VN, but it seems to be taking forever to translate so that might not be for awhile :P

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I will consider watching/reading that too, if it is as similar as you say to Steins;gate! Actually I think the VN for Steins;gate is also a lot more detailed in a few scenarios (ex. the recent [sp]making feyris send a d-mail back to change the past back to what it was[/sp] is explained in much more detail.) The anime seems to be doing a great job of adapting the VN so far though.

I'll let you know what I think if I read the VN, but it seems to be taking forever to translate so that might not be for awhile :P
    Haha, okay then. Basically in Umineko you can choose two sides; only if you choose certain side that you'll be forced to think of a 'way out' of the plot... which requires quite lots of thinking, I suppose. Well, check it out for yourself. I hope you'll like it.

Oh, I see. Does Steins;Gate's VN have certain sites which translates it? Like Umineko has this site called The Witch Hunt which translates the episodes of its VN from Japanese to English. If not, certainly it's gonna take some time. XD

I wonder if you've read any other VN before?

edit: Liar Game! Manga or live action?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, okay then. Basically in Umineko you can choose two sides; only if you choose certain side that you'll be forced to think of a 'way out' of the plot... which requires quite lots of thinking, I suppose. Well, check it out for yourself. I hope you'll like it.

Oh, I see. Does Steins;Gate's VN have certain sites which translates it? Like Umineko has this site called The Witch Hunt which translates the episodes of its VN from Japanese to English. If not, certainly it's gonna take some time. XD

I wonder if you've read any other VN before?

edit: Liar Game! Manga or live action?
    I'm not sure if there's a specific site translating it, all I know is the translation is taking awhile. And actually, I have never read a VN before, Steins;gate is the first to get me interested haha.

As for Liar Game, right now manga but I am considering trying the live action as I hear its excellent!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. I've only seen the live action so I can't say much about it compared to the manga, but I really enjoyed it. The casts did a pretty good job; even though Akiyama is not very handsome and Nao is not very cute and that there is barely any romance between time, it was nice. XD The manga is in hiatus, right? I wonder if the game had actually finished in the manga or if it's still the same one round. Since the live action ends at the final stage.

Your sig is cute, by the way. Is Kururu the name of the girl or the series the girl is from? :3

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. I've only seen the live action so I can't say much about it compared to the manga, but I really enjoyed it. The casts did a pretty good job; even though Akiyama is not very handsome and Nao is not very cute and that there is barely any romance between time, it was nice. XD The manga is in hiatus, right? I wonder if the game had actually finished in the manga or if it's still the same one round. Since the live action ends at the final stage.

Your sig is cute, by the way. Is Kururu the name of the girl or the series the girl is from? :3
    I think the live action is a little different from the manga, has a few other games and such. The manga doesn't show much romance between Akiyama and Nao either (or at all really) so that kind of makes sense I guess :P

The manga isn't really on hiatus, more like one of its scheduled break. It always goes on break for a year or so after an arc like the one that just happened. Guess the author needs time to work on his other manga and think about how to keep LG interesting.

And yes Kururu is the name of the girl, she's from Air Gear

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I'm a little bit late to welcome you here. Teehee~

You're talking about Liar Game, eh? Everyone says it's a great series and someone gave me the live-action to watch... I tried to watch it but then... I dropped it in season 2. I'm a bit bored with how it goes. There's a pattern that goes on and on. Boring.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Hi. I'm a little bit late to welcome you here. Teehee~

You're talking about Liar Game, eh? Everyone says it's a great series and someone gave me the live-action to watch... I tried to watch it but then... I dropped it in season 2. I'm a bit bored with how it goes. There's a pattern that goes on and on. Boring.
    Heyy, it's never too late to welcome somebody ha

I guess Liar Game is an acquired taste, and not for everybody. If you didn't like the live action, I doubt you would enjoy reading the manga either then.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Heyy, it's never too late to welcome somebody ha

I guess Liar Game is an acquired taste, and not for everybody. If you didn't like the live action, I doubt you would enjoy reading the manga either then.
    Hahaha. Right.

Yeah, I think I need someone more brain-challenging. XD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hummingbird's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Ush!

Here's a welcome from a fellow new member <3

Eyeshield21 is a fantastic series! It's one of two series I collect religiously (if you can say collecting manga was religious heh) I was disappointed by the final arc though, it felt so rushed, it could have been awesome! I love Monta and Shin. Who are your favourites?

Liar Game is also really good. Started off slow and simple though in my opinion, but the smuggling and musical chairs arc were great

Random recommendation here: Deadman Wonderland, you might like it. The art style reminds me of Air Gear for some reason...

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast