Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Gear 325 Discussion/ 326 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 325 Spoiler Thread

The way Nike was rag dolling her around, I'm surprised she isn't at least crippled again.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

If Rika joins Genesis, it's over. Kilik, Mikan and Ringo won't be able to fight her properly and also, she's pregnant, she has a shield. Even if Kilik have the Hardest Apostolica, I think it should be a win for Genesis, and if Kilik wins, he won't allow Sora to survive.

Uncle Minami's team will dominate Sleeping Forest. Specially if he has a plan B to Nike and if that Pyon can fight... Win.

But I hope Sleeping Forest to win and Sora somehow disappears to prepare the final blow.
    Last edited by bbms; August 02, 2011 at 01:30 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zuriel's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't even seem to be a surprise that all the dramatic consequences of the battle were almost an exaggeration solely for getting all of us hyped up.

1. Ship appears to be stable.
    2. Simca didn't die.
    3.Kazu is probably alive (unless translated otherwise).
    4.Nike wasn't obliterated and is used for comedic relief.
    5. etc..

I do like the bringing back Genesis vs. Sleeping Forest thing though. Something tells me Koga is getting a break. And did Simca really join them? Not sure what use she really is when more than half the time she's the victim. (but we love her anyways)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Simca never really got injured enough to die; Nike didn't punch in the stomach that hard, for one thing. And that blood on her chest also isn't hers. It's probably Nike's; it must have fallen there from his face when he was hovering over her right after having fallen on her.

And the ship isn't that stable . . . it's still sinking and Kogarasumaru and the rest of the people on it need to quickly abandon ship, after Ikki obtains the Storm Regalia.

I want Kazu to still be alive, so yeah, I'd be happy if he survived. But Nike . . . the imagery used in this chapter should make it obvious that he's dying. Simca was the comic relief here, it seems, as she's jumping naked (lol). Good thing Ikki lends her his jacket, though.

And she can be a use to Kogarasumaru as a Tuner. I mean, Yayoi is Agito's Link Tuner so she isn't fixing ATs for the whole Team, she's only fixing and Tuning Agito's. And Kururu is Ikk's Link Tuner, so same situation as with Agito and Yayoi, but Kururu isn't really a part of Kogarasumaru to begin with; she's the Pledge Queen and is also the leader of Tool Toul To. So Kogarasumaru needs another active Tuner, one who might (might) fix ATs for everyone in the Team, not just Agito or Ikki.

But Kazu is still going to need a Link Tuner. Simca might not agree to be his Link Tuner since she's in love with Ikki (there's that really close bond the Tuner forms with the "King" because of the Tuning, that we, and they, have to consider). So Kazu will need to get a Link Tuner of his own out of the girls in Tool Toul To, if I'm right and Simca won't agree to be his Link Tuner. And they did also say, in the Kogarasumaru vs. White Wolves Clan battle, that Tuning is like falling in love with someone. If Simca did Tune for anyone except Ikki, she might start to get mixed feelings about who she loves. It'll be hard on her.

As for the Sleeping Forest vs. Genesis battle. Ringo is still on the aircraft carrier, which will be disadvantageous for Sleeping Forest since their main strength in battling in the "Forest" lies in the fact that she's their trump card because of the Sonia Road making her practically immune to the extreme pressures down in the Skylink room, with the air-lock released. Rika is also a King-level Sonia Road Rider, with the real Thorn Regalia (making her the Thorn Queen), meaning that she, too, will have the same advantage in the Skylink room as Ringo. Genesis will have the advantage due to this, since Rika is joining as their Thorn Queen. So yeah, Sleeping Forest is screwed, but it's not just because Rika is on Genesis' side; it's also because Ringo is still on the aircraft carrier.
    Last edited by DragonOsman2; August 02, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Genesis will probably win, but the only victory that will be attained from the whole thing is maybe saving Rika somehow. Then Genesis will go on to battle Koga, for the inevitable Sora vs Ikki showdown. At least, I'm hoping they save Rika.. I don't want her new brain charger brain washed personality to be drawn out too long. Hoping that Kilik or something saves her.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

That personality is probably her true self. Just, maybe the brainwashing (yes, it's one whole word) could be undone so that the two personalities could work together, like how Agito, Agito, and Lind are (they consider Lind their enemy, but still).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifec View Post
    Did you somehow miss him dying? The imagery was pretty self explanatory.
    Hmm... Now I feel like an idiot.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    That personality is probably her true self. Just, maybe the brainwashing (yes, it's one whole word) could be undone so that the two personalities could work together, like how Agito, Agito, and Lind are (they consider Lind their enemy, but still).
    How could it be her true self? The brain charger project overwrites the original personality and in turn a new one is made. It seems that maybe with the new personality, Minami has also tinkered with it a bit so that it obeys him.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Minami did say that Rika was born with the Virgin Blade. That means she must also have been born with a latent Brain Charger personality, which Genesis knew about. Minami said that it seems Genesis was aware of it as well. If he's right, then Genesis did this deliberately trying to get her Brain Charger personality to awaken, so that they could brainwash it and have it work for them. And Minami is allying with Genesis right now, it seems.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

kazu pwns, nike dies?, simca lives, and o!g can't make it clear if he can't do math or fails at making a clear time skip

-virtual!spitfire is checking out kazu's file and sees tons of people accessing the data file on kazu because everyone just witnessed kazu's can of whoop@$$ on nike.

-kazu collapses and ikki catches him, ikki commends kazu on being the best (remember that very rarely -almost never- does ikki actually admit that someone else is better than him).

-nike isn't actually dead yet... benkei panics a bit over this. even though nike is still standing and mumbling, ikki isn't concerned since he knows that kazu had broken nike mentally (lit: "Kazu y'know, he didn't break you body of ice, just your spirit") benkei starts to get it as well and narrates a bit on how nike was all about 'victory' that in being beaten by kazu, became the finishing blow to him

-of course, in the next moment a part of the ceiling collapses right on top of nike. this makes simca rather ecstatic. she claims that she's fine and that she was simply a bit jostled after being thrown around like a ragdoll, also claiming that the blood on her is actually from Nike's. ikki, for all his perverted ways, is a gentleman and gives his coat for simca to cover up (he even looks away).

-ikki hauls onigiri and kazu over his head to carry. simca comments on how ikki had shown onigiri and kazu 'how to spread their wings' which is why they were able to come so far (taking on nike and putting up a good fight).

-sora had watched that whole thing from his outpost and doesn't looked pleased. pyon states the obvious in that team genesis is now just down to sora himself and asks if he will still fight(i don't think pyon remembered or realizes the coming of rika).

-sora cooly brushes it off saying that 'genesis' was simply a project name (not a team name so team members aren't that important i guess). sora recalls back when spitfire and simca had 'opposed' him by stating their beliefs that they don't need the sky regalia. that everyone was born with 'wings' from the beginning, but sora believes otherwise (that strength is only his).

-the clock tower signals midnight, sf and sora prepare to begin their match.

*air gear is going on break and will be back in issue 39.

so, i don't know if sora has serious lag time from the stream of the battle on the ship, or if o!g simply can't keep the timing right because we just skipped from 9 o'clock being the start of sleipnir vs koga to roughly another half hour to get to the ship and then all that fighting ensues within the span of 10ish minutes back to sf and sora getting ready to duke it out in their match even though the agreed time for their battle was midnight. what happened to the other 2 hours? was sora just rewatching the same video feed over and over again for 2 hours!? (i have to go dig for that one post i made that broke down the amount of time that had passed from the start of the sleipnir match to getting to the ship).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait this doesn't make sense.

"sora recalls back when spitfire and simca had 'opposed' him by stating their beliefs that they don't need the sky regalia. that everyone was born with 'wings' from the beginning, but sora believes otherwise (that strength is only his)."

I thought Spitfire and Simca were all about the Sky Regalia. Wasn't that the whole point of Ikki to make him the Sky King? It's also the reason they opposed Kiric and joined Sora because they believed they needed it to fly.
    Last edited by Carnevil; August 02, 2011 at 11:16 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post

*air gear is going on break and will be back in issue 39.
    I died on the inside a little. Not now! It's just getting good!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnevil View Post
    Wait this doesn't make sense.

"sora recalls back when spitfire and simca had 'opposed' him by stating their beliefs that they don't need the sky regalia. that everyone was born with 'wings' from the beginning, but sora believes otherwise (that strength is only his)."

I thought Spitfire and Simca were all about the Sky Regalia. Wasn't that the whole point of Ikki to make him the Sky King? It's also the reason they opposed Kiric and joined Sora because they believed they needed it to fly.
    I was a bit confused on this as well. I'm pretty sure Genesis was after the Sky Regalia or at least that was Simca's intentions when making Ikki the leader, as he was said to be closest to being Sky king. Some clarification on this part would be welcome...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

back with old sf, simca had said to kiric that her and the rest of sf wanted to 'unseal' the sky regalia for the sake of people (so they can fly). as they got older and met people like ikki, they realized that the sky regalia wasn't needed for people to fly freely. the original intent of even going after the sky regalia back then was for to give 'freedom' to all people but kiric was of the mindset that the people were not ready for the sky regalia because it was 'too powerful' and can easily be used to oppress others (at least something like that). that way of thinking is what made simca and spitfire continue to support sora when he formed genesis but spitfire and simca finally realized that they didn't need the sky regalia to do that.

the only one who is simply after the sky regalia is sora (and maybe minami) but it is for his own selfish gain. he made up lies to old sf that he would use the sky regalia for the world's benefit... if old sf had realized the evilness of sora, they would likely have not sided with him against kiric.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    oyos

back with old sf, simca had said to kiric that her and the rest of sf wanted to 'unseal' the sky regalia for the sake of people (so they can fly). as they got older and met people like ikki, they realized that the sky regalia wasn't needed for people to fly freely. the original intent of even going after the sky regalia back then was for to give 'freedom' to all people but kiric was of the mindset that the people were not ready for the sky regalia because it was 'too powerful' and can easily be used to oppress others (at least something like that). that way of thinking is what made simca and spitfire continue to support sora when he formed genesis but spitfire and simca finally realized that they didn't need the sky regalia to do that.

the only one who is simply after the sky regalia is sora (and maybe minami) but it is for his own selfish gain. he made up lies to old sf that he would use the sky regalia for the world's benefit... if old sf had realized the evilness of sora, they would likely have not sided with him against kiric.
    It still doesn't make sense, what was the point of making Ikki their leader and going after the Sky Regalia if they didn't want to use it. If they changed their opinion as they got older then everything they did earlier in the manga contradicts everything they believe in. Nothing they've done in this manga would have made anybody believe they didn't want the Sky Regalia.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it really doesn't. Before anyone was aware of Sora's betrayal, there was a impending battle about to begin between Genesis and Sleeping Forest anyways over the Sky Regalia, even leaving Sora out of this all. Sleeping Forest was trying to sway Ikki over to their side right when Sora was revealed as a traitor actually. Genesis had all intentions to make Ikki the Sky king and release the Sky regalia's power it seems.

Difference is Sora wants to keep it to himself, while Simca and Spitfire wanted to give it freely to everyone. I think that's a pretty key difference between them. I never recall anywhere where they even hinted at not seeing the Sky regalia as important.

Not saying you're not correct, but this means theres just a inconsistency with O!G.

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast