Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2003

Thread: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Well I knew it was on the video. I was just hoping for a screen capture. But still thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Another thing. The whole train scene right afterwards...is filler. Actually come to think of it practically that whole episode is filler.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

I didn't like how Kurapika was shown right before Whale Island. It made Whale Island feel like filler (even though the Kurapika episode was the filler)
    and it was like it got me waiting for Kurapika vs the spiders and I wasn't able to appreciate the part about searching for Greed Island as much because
    it seemed like it was just a side thought to the "main" story of Kurapika vs the spiders. But with the manga has it I like it better because it seems more
    like there is a parallel going on between Kurapika hunting the spiders and Gon and Killua hunting Greed Island. In short the 1999 put WAY too much
    focus on Kurapika. I hope the 2011 makes it a bit more balanced as the manga does.

Also I REALLY hope they don't have the silly Killua is about to murder a injured foxbear cub to put it out of it's misery filler.

It's like they think Killua can't control his murderous impulses when in fact he most certainly can.
    I hated the Killua and Fox Bear Cub filler. God damn Furuhashi didn't understand Hunter x Hunter -_-'
    Look at this video, it opens with Killua struggling with his killing urges:

I hate how Killua acts like a stuck up rich boy as well mocking Whale Island.
    Another qualm is how they somehow get a satellite dish out of nowhere and set it up on the roof of Gon's house 'to get internet'.
    Then you have the horrible.. HORRIBLE fox bear filler.. watch the video to see how ridiculous it gets.
    HE EVEN ATTACKS MITO... KILLUA ATTACKS MITO... What in the hell Furuhashi...
    Oh and then Gon and Killua somehow heal the Fox Bear with Nen? Then the Fox Bear has NEN. THE FOX BEAR HAS NEN...
    I don't even...

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shareme View Post

If you think about it, the way Gon and Killua met Zushi and Wing and how eerily close it is to when Kurapika met Mizuken, we can conclude that
    Spoiler show
    Actually, the whole thing of how the new hunter meets their nen master does get me wondering.I feel that most hunter were taught nen by another hunter.
    Considering how low the number of person who passed the hunter exam a year ,the hunter association most likely been observing them after they passed and had alerted the other hunters who are qualify to teach nen. So their meeting is probably not a "coincidence".
    Spoiler show

On a side note, I find that Wing teaching Killua nen to be a bit of an issue.
    It was stated by Wing himself that nen is a dangerous ability and it can't simply be taught to anyone who plan to use it for harm.That's why only hunters can learn it.
    Killua didn't even pass the hunter exam that year and is a former assasin who occasionally threaten people and still kill them. I find that Wing wanting to help them through the 200th floor to be a weak reason in teaching Killua nen. Maybe it's just me who find it a bit unconvincing.

@futurefrog -The fox bear having nen and the "internet " was probably the most dumbest thing in the filler.
    Last edited by Akia999; May 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my first time watching Hunter x Hunter, but I don't know why Im feeling more impatient this week than usual, to get to the next episode, its probably because you guys are saying a lot of good things about the scenes to come.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I hated the Killua and Fox Bear Cub filler. God damn Furuhashi didn't understand Hunter x Hunter -_-'
    Look at this video, it opens with Killua struggling with his killing urges:

I hate how Killua acts like a stuck up rich boy as well mocking Whale Island.
    Another qualm is how they somehow get a satellite dish out of nowhere and set it up on the roof of Gon's house 'to get internet'.
    Then you have the horrible.. HORRIBLE fox bear filler.. watch the video to see how ridiculous it gets.
    HE EVEN ATTACKS MITO... KILLUA ATTACKS MITO... What in the hell Furuhashi...
    Oh and then Gon and Killua somehow heal the Fox Bear with Nen? Then the Fox Bear has NEN. THE FOX BEAR HAS NEN...
    I don't even...
    The worst thing about the Cub Fox filler that does not make any sense and contradicts what they learn from Wing is that, if you force your aura into another Person/Creature, it will open their Aura Nodes, and aura will continuously leak out until you run out, which could be fatal. The only way to stop it is to learn to prevent your aura fom leaking away from your body, which i am pretty sure a Cub Fox does not know how to do, So Ironically Gon and Killua putting their Aura in the baby Fox, Is just Killing it faster.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry I misworded my question I meant BEFORE the 2011 series.
    I don't remember if this was implied in the manga. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    Actually, the whole thing of how the new hunter meets their nen master does get me wondering.I feel that most hunter were taught nen by another hunter.
    Considering how low the number of person who passed the hunter exam a year ,the hunter association most likely been observing them after they passed and had alerted the other hunters who are qualify to teach nen. So their meeting is probably not a "coincidence".
    Spoiler show
    That is what I'm actually driving in w/o actually stating it out loud. I mean at this point in time, we don't know that
    Spoiler show

The way I see it, the Kurapika meeting Mizuken at the time Gon and Killua started studying nen reinforces the "coincidence" meeting and "I know nen. You obviously don't. See how powerless you are? Want me to teach you?". (There is no way that Wing doesn't know Killua was eavesdropping when he scolded Zushi.)

On a side note, I find that Wing teaching Killua nen to be a bit of an issue.
    It was stated by Wing himself that nen is a dangerous ability and it can't simply be taught to anyone who plan to use it for harm.That's why only hunters can learn it.
    Killua didn't even pass the hunter exam that year and is a former assasin who occasionally threaten people and still kill them. I find that Wing wanting to help them through the 200th floor to be a weak reason in teaching Killua nen. Maybe it's just me who find it a bit unconvincing.
    I have a theory with this.

Spoiler show

Good thing that Killua's always together with Gon and that Wing at the time he gave the real nen lecture doesn't know about Gon's "monster" disposition.

I also think that because Gon was with Killua the first time they asked about nen, Wing teached them the "other" nen. But when Gon and Killua got on the 200th floor, he had no choice but to teach them the "true" nen... or leave them to their fate.
    Last edited by shareme; May 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: added stuff
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168866_1.gif

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

That is what I'm actually driving in w/o actually stating it out loud. I mean at this point in time, we don't know that
    Spoiler show

The way I see it, the Kurapika meeting Mizuken at the time Gon and Killua started studying nen reinforces the "coincidence" meeting and "I know nen. You obviously don't. See how powerless you are? Want me to teach you?". (There is no way that Wing doesn't know Killua was eavesdropping when he scolded Zushi.)
    I never thought about that,actually.It is plausible
    While we're at it,
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    I have a theory with this.

Spoiler show

Good thing that Killua's always together with Gon and that Wing at the time he gave the real nen lecture doesn't know about Gon's "monster" disposition.

I also think that because Gon was with Killua the first time they asked about nen, Wing teached them the "other" nen. But when Gon and Killua got on the 200th floor, he had no choice but to teach them the "true" nen... or leave them to their fate.
    I do agree with the first half of the theory.I did say in the previous post that the HQ might alert the other hunters about the newbie and the one who are closest to them will teach the newbie.So,they do have the option.As for the part of the applicants,it is not necessary true.
    Spoiler show

While i know, it never been mention, I'm pretty sure there are other nen user who are qualified teachers are living close to the heaven arena tower.There are hunters who like to fight after all.It just that Wing is the "closest " to Killua and Gon.So,he ended up teaching them.Killua being with Gon is probably the most logical explanation as to why Wing taught him nen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about that,actually.It is plausible
    While we're at it,
    Spoiler show

I do agree with the first half of the theory.I did say in the previous post that the HQ might alert the other hunters about the newbie and the one who are closest to them will teach the newbie.So,they do have the option.As for the part of the applicants,it is not necessary true.
    Spoiler show

While i know, it never been mention, I'm pretty sure there are other nen user who are qualified teachers are living close to the heaven arena tower.There are hunters who like to fight after all.It just that Wing is the "closest " to Killua and Gon.So,he ended up teaching them.Killua being with Gon is probably the most logical explanation as to why Wing taught him nen.

Here's how I see it.

Those who passed the Hunter Exam do not need to learn nen.
    They can pass the Hunter Exam. Get their license and sell it for mucho dinero.
    However without nen nobody will hire them as a hunter. So while their license
    is legit their status as a hunter is not.

Learning is not a requirement in the sense that they have no choice
    but to learn nen. It is a requirement in the sense that if they want
    to be recognized as hunters they have to learn nen.

I do not think that every hunter who gets a license will be taught nen.
    Of course there are those like Hisoka and Illumi who learned nen before.
    As to why the Hunter Association gives psychopaths like them licenses: money.
    The fact of the matter is that people like Hisoka aren't gonna be arrested and
    put in jail any time soon. Hisoka does as he pleases. If the Hunter Association
    can make a quick dolla off of Hisoka's thirst for blood then well why not?

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Here's how I see it.

This, exactly! It was fortunate for Hisoka and Illumi that they knew nen beforehand because I doubt anyone would want to teach them.

Now imagine if Tompa, by a stroke of luck, passed the Hunter exam...

Now that I think about it, this is the reason why "charisma" for a Hunter is rated highly in the last Hunter exam phase. You want them to want you to be taught by them...

[edit] The part about Wing being the "closest", this is the reason why he brought Zushi along. What better way to get "close" to gifted children than to bring another gifted child to "play"? Ironically, Wing's master looking like that is also the reason why that person got close to Gon and Killua.
    Last edited by shareme; May 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168866_1.gif

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched ep 31 with KeyHoleTV. The censoring was ok.

The only omitted scene is Hisoka eating his own arm. The rest is almost the same but less bloody. And, even if the omitted scene was pretty badass, it wasn't specially relevant.

The arm:
    Spoiler show

The light seems to be some rest of Kastro's nen.
    Last edited by Salce; May 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's how I see it.

True.It makes sense.As for the bolded part,I'm not too sure.
    The way the hunter exam is being conducted , it pretty clear they only want the strongest to qualify through.They don't care whether that person is a criminal.Netero is someone who wants to play with the strongest people , so it's obvious he wants to be surrounded by strong people.

Spoiler show

This, exactly! It was fortunate for Hisoka and Illumi that they knew nen beforehand because I doubt anyone would want to teach them.

Now imagine if Tompa, by a stroke of luck, passed the Hunter exam...

Now that I think about it, this is the reason why "charisma" for a Hunter is rated highly in the last Hunter exam phase. You want them to want you to be taught by them...

[edit] The part about Wing being the "closest", this is the reason why he brought Zushi along. What better way to get "close" to gifted children than to bring another gifted child to "play"? Ironically, Wing's master looking like that is also the reason why that person got close to Gon and Killua.
    I think the people who taught them nen beforehand didn't expect they will become murderer.
    If Tonpa passed the exam ,I doubt anyone would want to teach him nen.Having join the hunter exam for 35 years ,I'm sure every single hunter would remember him,particularly those that have grudges against him.
    I think it is just Netero's doing and has nothing to do with that.
    The last bolded part seem a bit far-fetched...

Hisoka hands is sparkling!!XD

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

You all talk like if Nen is a knowledge exclusively to Hunters. Any Hunter that pass the first exam is BOND to know the existence of Nen, sooner or later. I think they have some few masters located everywhere. So you end "picking" your own master. And they get their second star if they teach well.

Also, better to educate someone rather than leaving a killer learning by its own without any kind of control.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow just finished the latest ep. It was awesome!
    The animation was beautiful and the fight was as epic as it should be.
    Next ep preview promises to have more blood (Look at Hisoka's face, its very bloodied)
    I am not sure whether we will see the arm bite or not next ep, but I don't mind it's omission.
    Otherwise great episode, very pleased to see this fight animated FINALLY.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The Way They show/ represent someone using Zetsu is just Awesome!! Amazing Episode!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished the episode and... it was awesome! The animation looked great. The fight isn't as gory as the manga, but that's to be expected. Anyway I can't wait to see the rest of the fight next week
    Last edited by Netero; May 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a great ep! The animation was definetly better than last weeks and they showed the arm fly off with pixie dust following! JK but that was to be expected. I understand the cloning part alot more now than I did in the manga which is good, because it'll go further into play next week when its rape time! XD Aside from the fight I found the opening scene pretty funny and I laughed when Wing showed up in front of them and their reactions, I had ust got off the "Oh crap" Page on TV tropes and I think this should be added somewhere XD

But really I was just sad when it ended. I WANTED TO SEE MOAR! NOW I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE WEEK URAGH!!!! 8/10 for leaving me like this...

welp on to my other stuff. I have a long night ahead of me.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast