Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2003

Thread: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Did anyone else love Machi's monologue about Hisoka? I thought her delivery was spot on and the revelation that Hisoka (who was just revealed as one of the Spiders) is actually deceiving her just goes to add further gravitas to her words 'He is his own man'. It was a perfectly captured moment.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I thought it was neat how they had Machi and Hisoka talk about the fight. In the manga all that appears to be narrated.

Also hope we get knife Killua

and I hope it ends with the narrator saying "Killua wins by default". Then the end credits. That would be beast.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Beastly episode was beastly. 10/10 for me.
    I love how they translate the two meaning of Hisokas attacks.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Madhouse did a good job on this episode. They certainly handled Hisoka's characterization really well. 10/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode was great indeed. The fight was just epic.
    The only thing is why Hisoka was actually speaking about past when saying Bungee Gum was his fav gum? But meh, it fitted greatly so I'll just let it pass =3
    Who would say now that the old Hisoka was better? =D

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    Episode was great indeed. The fight was just epic.
    The only thing is why Hisoka was actually speaking about past when saying Bungee Gum was his fav gum? But meh, it fitted greatly so I'll just let it pass =3
    Who would say now that the old Hisoka was better? =D
    He says that in the manga as well. It's the only hint at all that we have ever gotten about Hisoka's past to date.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    He says that in the manga as well. It's the only hint at all that we have ever gotten about Hisoka's past to date.
    If I remember correctly, in the manga the whole explaining, as well as this part, was done by narrator.
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14064...hapter-55.html
    Not 'I' but 'He'.

I kinda like that we don't know anything about his past, and he doesn't care about it a bit as well =D Don't wanna see another "enemy with a sad past" =/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    No, I agree that it shouldn't have been left out. I just think that the circumstances were rather peculiar. Perhaps there was pressure from the broadcasters or something because the Kastro fight actually had its own theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkgJ9...feature=relmfu
    I don't know if the fight had its own theme song or not, but any way, that does not change the fact that the old version skipped the whole thing.

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

I liked that they used the Phantom Troupe theme song when Machi was talking about them.

This episode was the best. 10/10
    Last edited by Beans; May 20, 2012 at 04:08 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to make a gif of kastro's dance?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Another magnificent episode.

Spoiler: Episode 32 - Anime vs Manga show

Spoiler: Episode 32 - Old vs New show

No huge image gallery this time around. Sorry
    Last edited by SHINOBI-03; May 20, 2012 at 06:03 AM.

11. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    The final moment was cool when Hisoka slapped the fake tattoo on the mirror. And speaking of which, how did they put the tattoo on? Texture Surprise mimics the looks, but not the feeling. How did they put the tattoo without noticing that they are doing it on a fake surface and not on his actual back?
    Maybe Hisoka just copied the tatoo texture and told spiders that he has already got a tatoo by himself? =D
    We actually don't know if the Phantom Troupe members control the tattoing of new members or the newcomers think of it themselves.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone else, I loved how they pulled off the Kastro fight. Even with the (minor) censorship, the episode was very faithful to the manga. A very satisfying episode that I think many of us were anxious about.

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Did anyone else love Machi's monologue about Hisoka? I thought her delivery was spot on and the revelation that Hisoka (who was just revealed as one of the Spiders) is actually deceiving her just goes to add further gravitas to her words 'He is his own man'. It was a perfectly captured moment.
    Yeah, I agree. I liked the extended dialogue between the two as well (Hisoka explaining his inspirations and Machi expressing a lack of interest), it gave a bit more depth to their relationship. A very fitting way to reveal Hisoka's profile. Hopefully they'll do something similar for the Ryodan members (eg. Franklin deliberately chopping off his finger tips).

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    I kinda like that we don't know anything about his past, and he doesn't care about it a bit as well =D Don't wanna see another "enemy with a sad past" =/
    I wouldn't mind eventually knowing a few things about Hisoka's past, even if he himself doesn't care/doesn't remember. Maybe Hisoka's dad is Kefka??

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

The fight was awesome: better than I expected and nearly perfect. It would've been perfect if they had added that remark of Hisoka's about Kastro being enhancement but misusing his potential and wasting his nen on a technique suited for another Nen type and not his own.

I was worried about Machi's voice, but it's good, great even, at times. I also have to say I love her new appearance. At least some of my worries have been put to rest.

The scene in Hisoka's room was... okay. I get that they needed to find some way to incorporate that explanation of Hisoka's tricks, and they chose to put the words in the characters' mouth, but, unlike a few people above, I liked it much better in the manga where it was done by the narrator, and the scene with Machi and Hisoka was short. In the manga you really could see that Machi wasn't fond of being in Hisoka's company and was hardly inclined to talk to him at all, much less at length, but, well, you can't have it all. The part where Genei Ryodan was mentioned was perfect, though, and, being a girl, I appreciated the fanservice-y bath scene, and the ending bit with the fake tatoo was powerful as well, so I'm perfectly content for now.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steadynco View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I liked the extended dialogue between the two as well (Hisoka explaining his inspirations and Machi expressing a lack of interest), it gave a bit more depth to their relationship. A very fitting way to reveal Hisoka's profile. Hopefully they'll do something similar for the Ryodan members (eg. Franklin deliberately chopping off his finger tips).
    The thing is that it was said in the manga itself where did Hisoka's abilities names come from. When speaking about Phantom Troupe, their info was on the cover page. I think it will be covered as a bonus in the Gon and Killua's Huncyclopedia. On the other hand, everything mentioned in Huncyclopedia is mentioned in anime as well, so maybe there'll be some bonus talk about Troupe members.

As we know, starting from about Yorknew, the chapters get shorter. So I've recently counted the pages, and I can say that Yorknew and Greed Island are both about 55 19-page chapters long (~52 for Yorknew+Kaito flashback; ~58 for GI), while Chimera Ants Arc is about 111 chaps long. That's not to mention that pages become less informative than in early HxH.
    That means that both Yorknew and GI would last about 25 episodes each. And both would finish mid-season with NGL arc starting-finishing mid-season as well. As we've seen until now, Madhouse are trying their best to finish each 13-ep pack on a great moment. And they don't want to rush things as well. Do you guys think they'll drag the story to finish GI by the 100 episode or not? What other options do you think they have? I thought from the beginning that they'd cover GI by the 3rd season's end, but now I doubt it. On the other hand, some chapters do miss extra scenes, so that might help.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pokymonn View Post
    BD's Cover for the 7th Volume

what episodes does this contain???

Quote Quote:
    What other options do you think they have?
    they announce a movie... if the rumors are true... there is gonna be a break after York shin arc....
    then movie...
    and who knows Season 2 will start with GI...
    that move is better than dragging...
    Last edited by riniloves; May 20, 2012 at 08:11 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast