Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 34 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

This was a pretty awesome episode. I loved Hisoka's epic rape face after talking with Kurapica and Leorio, and he looked pretty insane when he went in for the kill like that. Was kinda sad Hisoka didn't have the dude's head like in the manga but at least we got to see him dead and it would have been a bit much for the timeslot...

One thing I found interesting though was the thing with the butterfly being trapped in the web since I know that wasn't in the manga. I thought it was a pretty interesting metaphor to the kind of situation Gon is in now thanks to Hisoka letting him live...
    Last edited by Divinenega; January 22, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
    Some new news about the upcoming arcs in the anime

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-6745.html

Somebody hasn´t tranlated it, but make a little summary of that: From what I could make out with the director for the anime says the real fun is yet to come or something. The problem of the how dark the series gets and making it acceptable for the time slot it's in is brought up, but the director says he wants to remain as close to the atmosphere of the original anime/manga as possible. I do see something about the atmosphere drastically changing with the introduction of the Genei Ryodan.
    Popo translated it, and put it in Narutoforums, :

Quote Originally Posted by Popo
    Hunter × Hunter Anime Director: "I'm happy to hear the general response to the new series, criticism included. From here is where it starts to get really interesting"

Anime Questionnaire: "Hunter × Hunter" From here is where it starts to get really interesting

Tell me, what's the series about and what's so charming about it?

The main character, Gon, after being abandoned by his own father, has yearned to become a "Hunter." Since aiming towards the job, he meets various people and overcomes many trials; it's a coming of age story. Its principles of morality and views on "bad things" are much different from the norm. It's also become a profound work in which a lot of characters can enter the story and each speak in ways incredibly deep.

When adapting the work into animation, what essence of the series was the most important to depict?

Because the original manga first started being published 13 years ago and since the first Hunter x Hunter animated series ended 7 years ago, we made this series because we wanted people who don't know about "Hunter x Hunter" (especially children) to see its charm. Of course, we've had to avoid some grotesque imagery. However, we were especially careful not to ruin the atmosphere present in the original work.

What makes you happiest about being able to create this work? And the opposite--is there anything difficult about it?
    Since the original work is fairly well known, sometimes I get comments after it's been animated. I've been quite happy to hear the general response to the new series, criticism included; I feel as if it's a difficult work to do again. I'm a bit worried as to whether or not we'll have to alter the unavoidable grotesque imagery from hereafter.

Please leave a brief message for the readers.
    In the Hunter Exam arc, Gon at his core seems like he'd belong in a typical Shonen anime series. But after the Zoldyck Family and the Phantom Troupe are introduced, the ambiance changes. And I think from here is where it starts to get really interesting. I would be happy if you would watch the show with a long-term view.

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Music was particularly good this chapter. The one in the exact moment when Gon caught it gave me chills.
    This was an above average chapter, IMHO. Not so good in terms of "action" but still intense enough.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The rape face looked even better than the one in the preview! Great episode, especially the face-off between Gon and Hisoka. I still think this episode, as well as the previous ones, felt a little slow but maybe that's just me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hunted's Avatar
    Country
    Bhutan
    Post Thanks / Like

good ep ...
    i think they use face of hisoka from the last chapters
    when he hiding him self from killua and illume ..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy this new anime series a whole lot! I especially like how stylized the colors and characters' proportion are, it's more fitting to the vibe of the early volumes of the manga...it reminds me of looking at a wondrous illustration book that takes you to a different world, instead of attempt to be dark and realistic like the old series was. The shadows have a nice pastel blue color and I love that hisoka's hair turn a shade of hot pink/purple under lighting.

It was long time ago when I watched the original anime adaptation in real time back then and remembered being very frustrated by the changes, fillers and the characters being OOC. I especially couldn't stand how they portrayed Gon back then -- that overtly cheery innocent voice, innocent face and big eyes annoyed me so much, and Killua in the old anime was basically a complete different character than the manga. It's like they tried too hard to fit them neatly into stereotypical shounen cliches.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought the pacing was excellent on this episode. It made Hisoka vs Agon seem a lot more intense. Reading the manga and seeing ho the two were going to meet it was just like ok they are going to run into each other. and Hisoka is going to rape him. Here it was like OH SHIT THEY ARE GOING TO RUN INTO EACH OTHER AND HISOKA IS GONNA RAPE HIM.

Also I love the ending with how Gon is sitting under the tree and he's all quiet. You can tell from the look in his eyes he wants payback.

Best moment of the episode: Hisoka's crazy scream when he attacks Agon. So freaky.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely forgot posting some gifs :P
    Leorio knows some skills. lol, that plus his scene as kid makes me think of him as He was from a brazillian fabella.

Punched Gon. Freaking awesome animation there. I love bouncing bodies xD

As always Hisoka has the best gifs :O

Peekabo.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

mmmm I think everyone should wear hisoka's rape face as their sig then we go dominant the "best villain" thread

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to add a Hisoka pic in my sig because it's just epic!
    Last edited by Netero; January 23, 2012 at 04:08 AM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ~Andrew~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

When adapting the work into animation, what essence of the series was the most important to depict?

Because the original manga first started being published 13 years ago and since the first Hunter x Hunter animated series ended 7 years ago, we made this series because we wanted people who don't know about "Hunter x Hunter" (especially children) to see its charm. Of course, we've had to avoid some grotesque imagery . However, we were especially careful not to ruin the atmosphere present in the original work.

So the greatest wish they had was to show children an Anime Adaption of a Manga in which Human-sized Ants cut off children's/woman's/everyone's heads and taste pieces of their brain.

On a serious note... It sounds like the Guy is an idiot who would sell XXX-Films without a single sex/erotic scene to children who don't know about sex. I'm just kidding that's bullshit (of course), but some people could get a little bit angry/confused, if they only read this answer from him, because HxH's atmosphere, which they want to keep, isn't supposed to be seen by children. It sounds a little bit contradictory.

BUT as I read the whole Interview it made MUCH more sense for me and I'm kinda relieved.

Here is why:

Let's have a look at another question&answer first.

What makes you happiest about being able to create this work? And the opposite--is there anything difficult about it?

Since the original work is fairly well known, sometimes I get comments after it's been animated. I've been quite happy to hear the general response to the new series, criticism included; I feel as if it's a difficult work to do again.

There're a few reasons as to why I'm believing now a whole lot more in them and their work:
    - They knew how famous HxH was from the start, but my guess is that they got even more feedback than expected.
    - They've got to fulfill wishes from new fans, old fans and hardcore-fans ( hardcore hxh fans endured every hiatus over years so it's a delicate situation).
    The new fans are probably children and teenagers, the "old" fans who knew the manga from the start but didn't watched it from the start to the end and the hardcore-fans who are the oldest fans. So they've got an audience with people from 10 to 25 (or maybe 30) years old fans.

- He said he's happy to get comments (critisism included) and that alone is a very good sign and shows that he respects the fan's wishes (that's always good. just remember Infamous 2 and the new hero they had at the beginning, but the fans conplained and they listened to them. For an opposite example look at the new Devil May Cry game, the chef of Ninja Theory made an Emo out of dante and most fans complained but he said he won't listend and so on, but in the end he changed his look a bit, you see that in the new trailers). They should listen to their fans to a certain point, that's how it goes in this age xD.

- I wrote too much again, sorry. I could've just wrote 2 sentences to make my point clear. xD
    - The main reason I'm relieved is this :
    I'm a bit worried as to whether or not we'll have to alter the unavoidable grotesque imagery from hereafter.

They understand that it's unavoidable, but if they keep the violence reduced then the atmosphere will without any doubt be ruined and crushed to bits.

So, is he thinking about completely removing the "grotesque imagery" or does that sentence mean he's thinking about raise the violence level from here on?

In both cases I'm relieved, because if they remove more violence the atmosphere will be ruined and the ratings will go down or the critisism will raise, but if they try to keep the manga's atmosphere AND violence (because violence isn't the only part of HxH's atmosphere, don't get me wrong there) 1:1 then most fans will be happy.

An Anime containing the true atmosphere of HxH will be the most epic Anime since years.
    The Emotions I felt while reading HxH were just mind blowing.

Well, anyways they should decide on their course as fast as possible because it will be impossible to Animate the Chimera Ant arc if they don't take it serious.
    I don't want the Anime to end after Greed Island again O:

What do you guys think of this Interview?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hunted's Avatar
    Country
    Bhutan
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks uriel
    that face what i mean by the last reply of mine

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Hunter x Hunter episode 16 comparison show

19. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Although for the most part I am happy with what the 2011 anime is doing (some scenes like Pokkle's arrow, and Hisoka fighting against that one guy in the trick tower were breathtaking.) I am a little let down that the one filler episode in which Gon is alone in the woods recovering from his encounter with Gereta and Hisoka won't be covered in this version. I like many first saw the HXH anime before reading the manga, (which I am collecting now.) so I was convinced that the episode with Gon reflecting on his journey thus far and fearing Hisoka was part of the manga. I really liked how the episode was presented in this 'stream-of-conciousness' style as it probably reflected Gon's jumbled up thoughts after being hit with the relaxer dart and getting his clock cleaned by Hisoka. So when I read the manga I was really surprised to see that he really recovered quickly, and that the 1999 anime had added all of that. In a way it detracts from Gon's character a little bit -he's supposed to be this kid that gets back up from ANYTHING. While in another sense it humanizes him -a kid who just experenced true fear for the first time.

As for the later atmosphere and whatnot while I can understand others worrying and speculating on how it will be handled I think it's probably for the best that we just watch and see. If anything Madhouse has shown that action scenes will be handled proficently so I'm looking forward to how they'll do things when the series shifts from the Hunter exam to Yorkshin and beyond. I hope for big things, and other than the fact that the pace has been a little slower than I would have liked (which to be fair is because of the anticipation for later arcs), it has been delivering. Lets not forget that 1999 had to deal with censorship as well, and for the most part people still enjoyed the series. One thing that bugs me though is that they note them as 'grotesque' scenes, which isn't wrong but denotes that the staff themselves find them too disgusting to animate. I may be reading into things too much, but that may create a bias that keeps them from staying close to the manga version. Togashi isn't Togashi without the gore after all.

Also Popo-san I take it you're also Toto on the Animesuki boards? Thanks so much for the comparisons. I enjoy reading them as much as I do actually watching the anime. I have reasons as to why I don't join Animesuki, so I really appreciate you going through the trouble of posting them here as well. Thanks.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Although for the most part I am happy with what the 2011 anime is doing (some scenes like Pokkle's arrow, and Hisoka fighting against that one guy in the trick tower were breathtaking.) I am a little let down that the one filler episode in which Gon is alone in the woods recovering from his encounter with Gereta and Hisoka won't be covered in this version. I like many first saw the HXH anime before reading the manga, (which I am collecting now.) so I was convinced that the episode with Gon reflecting on his journey thus far and fearing Hisoka was part of the manga. I really liked how the episode was presented in this 'stream-of-conciousness' style as it probably reflected Gon's jumbled up thoughts after being hit with the relaxer dart and getting his clock cleaned by Hisoka. So when I read the manga I was really surprised to see that he really recovered quickly, and that the 1999 anime had added all of that. In a way it detracts from Gon's character a little bit -he's supposed to be this kid that gets back up from ANYTHING. While in another sense it humanizes him -a kid who just experenced true fear for the first time.
    I think it depends on how you feel Gon's character is. These both represent major turning points for him, in some ways. I think it's out of character (only in the manga/2011 series) for him to be deathly afraid of Hisoka--in the 1999 series, Gon is traumatized. He's frightened and it's something he has to overcome. It's an expected response to the whole matter, considering that he's a kid and was just hit in the face by an adult. But in the manga and 2011 series, his reaction is the opposite of what you might expect. Gon doesn't fear Hisoka like he does the boogeyman, but he spends the night in anger instead of fear. Gon gains a new desire as a result, and his personality is warped in a way because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Also Popo-san I take it you're also Toto on the Animesuki boards? Thanks so much for the comparisons. I enjoy reading them as much as I do actually watching the anime. I have reasons as to why I don't join Animesuki, so I really appreciate you going through the trouble of posting them here as well. Thanks.
    Thank you for even taking the time to say this! I appreciate it.

Thread Closed
Page 34 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast