Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2003

Thread: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    I don't know where people got that from. Most of the time I was paying attention to it, Killua seemed taller. Like in the first ED.

Anyway, on to the episode. It was... simply fantastic. It felt really nice paced, good musical choices. Little to comment on... I can only say it was solid in every way, specially in leaving the spectator craving for next week's episode.
    There were time where Gon was taller, and other where they are the same height.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Height fluctuates a lot in animation especially when two characters are so close in height. It's nothing worth fussing over. I however will sign that petition for Popo's comparisons to return.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as height goes Gon vs Killua

According to the wiki....

Gon is 154 cm or 5 feet 1 inch for the sake of simplicity
    Killua is 158 cm or 5 feet 2 inch for the sake of simplicity

That's REALLY not much of a difference and it can very difficult to determine their height from sight alone considering the rules of perspective.

Heck do we even know how the two were measured? I mean did they count for the fact that Gon has hair that is like ten feet tall and that he wears boots?

Truth be told I just saw them as equal in height.

I mean c'mon this isn't something like Gon being taller than Hisoka. Now THAT would be silly. And I mean Kid Gon. No Macho Gon!

And as for them being short in general...

Well they're like 5 feet tall. Whereas someone like Leorio is 6 feet 4 inches tall or 193 cm and there seems to be a good deal of tall characters in HxH.

So of course they're going to look short.
    Last edited by Uriel; April 23, 2012 at 04:08 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think comparison conversations are good, they make for good conversation. I just think some people get defensive and arguments ensue. I really like the idea of making the wiki better though. I've already noticed there are some notes on 1999 anime or 2011 anime only changes, so far so good. Wiki's are always a bit of a so so source of information. I'd be nice if there was a place like Kanzenshuu (dragonball) for Hunter x Hunter, but understandably there aren't a ton of english HxH fan sites. Hopefully there will be some good ones one day.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to know how everyone first felt about Nen. Because to be honest, I don't like it. Why? Because it took away the realism of the fights that we got in the first two arcs.

The fights and abilities were normal and had some realism in it, and it was a thing I liked about HxH. But now, it's going to be Nen vs Nen, a clash of super powers like any regular shonen, my power level is greater than yours, etc, and it took the mysterious, scary side from Hisoka and Illumi.

Did Togashi had to add such a shonen cliche to his series?!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're not wrong (it's your opinion), but I don't think it made Hisoka less scary. At least not to me, I love Nen! The Phantom Troupe are incredibly scary, and Hisoka is one of the strongest among them during the Yorknew arc!

While I was put off by Nen in the beginning, I thought how it was introduced was incredibly engaging and entertaining. I just worried what it would do to the story, it wasn't until Yorknew that I began to feel much much more comfortable with it. Now it's just a very accepted part of Hunter x Hunter to me, and explaining Nen and its mysteries is one way I was able to get a few friends excited to watch/read the series.

Still I enjoy how realistic the earlier arcs felt, but I consider Nen to be just a further explanation of things hinted at throughout the first two story arcs. And while power levels do exist, its well balanced for the most part (till NGL perhaps), but its not like my power is stronger then yours didn't exist during say Zoldyck arc or the Hunter Exam. Just look at Gon vs Hanzo, no strategy was going to make that fight easier for Gon to win.
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; April 23, 2012 at 04:08 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    I don't like the insistence to encourage users to not post here and post on wiki. Be warned.

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    Did Togashi had to add such a shonen cliche to his series?!
    He added a lot of cliches just to deconstruct them later, so I don't mind. I also appreciate power systems because it make a good context to avoid stupid powerups. And to be fair Nen is the best system out there to make almost any power.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Togashi constructed nen in a way that it pretty much encompasses any type of power and gives way to much more complex and intricate battles. Of course not all battles are complex, some are straight up simple. But as with all things you need a balance. I appreciate the truly detailed and meticulously plotted battles and how strategy is just as important as strength. But I also appreciate the to the point battles that aren't so complicated.
    Last edited by futurefrog; April 23, 2012 at 04:49 AM.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the old anime got so thoroghly bashed a few pages back... I kinda don't understand that, honestly... I mean, I enjoy both versions, I enjoy the manga, and I really appreciate the fact that we have two very different interpretations of the same story. The dark and movie-like feeling of the York Shin arc that I liked about the old verion doesn't prevent me from appreciating the brighter color palette and closer sticking to the manga of the new series, or from being excited about the new take on my favorite arc, and, likewise, the liberties that were taken in the old series compared to the manga and the new series are absolutely not enough for me to start hating it. Both version had/have their flaws and things I'd want to be changed (but it's not happening, so no use crying about it too much, but just a little is OK) and strong points because perfection is unattainable, so I really don't see how you could just bash one version or the other...

And I find York Shin darker, more brutal and mature in comparison not only because the scale of disaster and killings skyrocketed (500 mafia people killed during the auction, countless numbers later), but also because York Shin had people like Kuroro and Shizuku and, to a lesser degree, Neon and Shalnark, and that's what I found the most terrifying (and enticing) aspect about it, psychology wise.

When you look at Uvogin or Nobunaga or Phinx, you're not surprised they're bandits, they look and act the part. But the members like Shizuku or Kuroro...
    A quiet megane girl, a bit of a klutz, who is in no way looks evil or even malicious... yet is a member of the fearsome and notorious gang of bandits, cleans up messes of dead bodies on a regualr basis and can kill without batting an eye. A charming, attractive young man, calm, intelligent and rational, likeable and charismatic enough for people to take to him immediately, never gets angry, doesn't hate anyone and overall looks rather innocent (with his hair down, anyway)... but also happens to be the founder and the leader of the worst band of thieves and killers in existence, killing at the drop of a hat with the same soft smile and thinking nothing of wiping out a whole tribe village just for their eyes. That's 'appearances deceiving' taken to the new extreme right here.

As to the actual episode. No complains, I never was too keen on lots of explanations, but it wasn't boring to watch which is more than I could've wished for. The receptionist lady looked so completely exhaused and maltreated I felt for her. Always thought she should change jobs, asap.

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone noticed that Wing used different kanji when he was explaining the Nen the first and the second time? I caught that when I was reading the manga when he asked Zushi to practice Ten and the kanji was different.

The fake ones

The real ones

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Wing used different kanji when he was explaining the Nen the first and the second time? I caught that when I was reading the manga when he asked Zushi to practice Ten and the kanji was different.

The fake ones

The real ones

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah the gimps. I like the gimps in the same sort of way I enjoy Tonpa. They're sneaky but overall pretty pathetic and petty. I hope this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGDDtMVhP34 (which seemed to play for a lot of Tonpa's underhanded moments) is used for these guys in Heaven's Arena.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Ah the gimps. I like the gimps in the same sort of way I enjoy Tonpa. They're sneaky but overall pretty pathetic and petty. I hope this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGDDtMVhP34 (which seemed to play for a lot of Tonpa's underhanded moments) is used for these guys in Heaven's Arena.
    They should play that for every villain. :P
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, I wouldn't want it to get overused honestly. I've just noticed, it got played specifically for Tonpa a lot. it has this underhanded sneaky vibe to it. Which a lot of HxH villains do have. I think Genthru/Bomber would also be a good fit for this song, when he's explaining his powers to the other players for instance. Welfin is pretty sneaky, maybe during one of his internal monologues to become the shadow king, I could see that too. But it was one of my favorite tracks from the first soundtrack.

Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast