Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 110 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2003

Thread: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Well thing is I DON'T want another 1999 series.

I don't mind if it's just a quick cameo or even a "Hi, I'm your teacher. Let's train..." Scene cuts to Gon and Killua type scene.

But I just don't want to have to sit through a Kurapika training arc before we get to Whale Island and Yorknew.

Now you might think "But then you later have to watch one half of the battle and then sit through a Kurapika training arc and the rest of the battle"
    and that's true. But I WANT that. The first half of the battle is Uvo "winning" the fight and the second half is Kurapika murdering Uvogin.
    The training flashback is the threshold between. It's like a way of saying "Now this is where things get serious."

Basically this is how I want the fight to go with Kurapika vs Uvogin

The first episode starts off with Gon, Killua, and Leorio trying to make money or something like that and focuses mostly on that.
    Than at the end of the episode we get to Kurapika vs Uvogin which we all would be waiting for. Kurapika will be like

"You will pay for your crimes". Uvogin charges up. Next time on HxH!

Next episode. They fight. Kurapika captures Uvo. Ad break.
    Return from ad. Training in flashback. Emperor Time activated. Next time on HxH

Last Episode (of the fight). Kurapika murders Uvogin. Episode moves on to other stuff like Gon looking for Greed Island. Ad break.
    More looking for Greed Island stuff. Next time on HxH

The 1999 series to me put TOO much emphasis on the fight. Like it made it into this big fight of honor or whatever like Sasuke vs Itachi. I don't want that.

I want Kurapika to murder Uvogin and then the episode just acts like "Well he's dead. Let's see what's going on with Gon". You know? Really cold.
    Because that's how I feel the manga is like.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Ugh. Why must everyone think this way? The flashback is less than a chapter long. It can hardly be called "dragging".
    I WANT the fight to feel disjointed. It's SUPPOSED to. Hell by the time we get to the flashback the "fight" is over.

think of it this way

Before flashback: Uvogin (unknowingly) struggles against Kurapika until Kurapika reveals that he's got him cornered.

Flashback: Explains Kurapika suddenly dominating the fight and shows us just how much Kurapika hates the spiders with the oath

After flashback: Kurapika murders Uvogin iin cold blood.

Without the flashback between it just doesn't have the same feeling. It would be too spoilerish to explain Emperor Time and the oath.
    in a training arc before. And if they did training but only showed part of it before the fight and then the key points during the
    fight that would be even worse since it would just be repeating itself.

Let's not sacrifice good storytelling for the sake of having a fight "flow" when it never was suppose to.

Now I could understand if this was like Naruto vs Sasuke, valley of the end fight where we suddenly have a volume worth of flashback in the middle of the fight.
    THAT, was dragging on and disjointed the fight. There was really no need for that. Kishimoto should have had that whole flashback BEFORE the fight.
    So that we go into the fight understanding both Naruto and Sasuke's motives. Hopefully Kishimoto has learned his lesson and doesn't have another
    volume long Uchiha flashback during the final fight of Naruto vs Sasuke and they just duke it out.

We already understand Kurapika's motives in HxH. So having the training arc beforehand is redundant.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Ok if they are going to have Kurapika's trainer introduce early and train with Kurapika here is what I'm fine with seeing...

Training for using CONJURATION.

That's it.

No Emperor Time.
    No Oath.

And add in some Leorio filler scenes too!
    Leorio needs love!
    I propose an alternative, what if Mizuken gets a filler expansion of his character? What if we see more of Kurapika's meeting with him? What if we slowly gets bits and pieces of Kurapika/Mizuken until the battle and then get the flashback as seen in the manga?

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

So he's Kurapika's nen teacher. And why they give us that instead of Kite?!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I propose an alternative, what if Mizuken gets a filler expansion of his character? What if we see more of Kurapika's meeting with him? What if we slowly gets bits and pieces of Kurapika/Mizuken until the battle and then get the flashback as seen in the manga?
    I like it. But I like to one up that.

I think that next episode if there is time what they should do is show a tiny portion of nen training for the hunters...

Gon and Killua meditating
    Kurapika meeting his trainer (I take back the learning about Conjuration. He shouldn't learn that until Hatsu has been explained.)
    Leorio studying and maybe during that he finds out out about nen

then

Hanzo ninja training
    Pokkle and Ponzu training nen together (hey something for the shippers)

Hisoka waiting patiently for Gon and Killua

Illumi on some random assassination mission.

though not in that order and it doesn't need to include all those characters. I just picked them because besides Killua they are the finalists.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am on your side mrsticky :P I do want it to be different, I've read (most) of the manga and seen the 1999 series a bunch of times. That's why episode 24 was probably my favorite episode cause it brought something new to the table for Canary's character. It would be cool to see most things like it is in the manga (its mostly better this way). Just when things are translated from books to film sequences of events sometimes change for pacing reasons. I wasn't trying to imply I want the series to be 1999 series again (not at all)

I think futurefrog's suggestion would be neat too, expanding on his character. So Mizuken? That's seriously his name? I have the 2004 guide book but :P I don't read japanese very well, can anyone tell if his name is mentioned prior to the new series? I'm excited to see what sort of fillers we'll get (nothing big just small touches) in the next few episodes. This is where I first really heavily fell in love with HxH and its happening all over again XD. I'd be really happy if we got indepth Conjurer training details maybe or Mizuken talking with the Hunter Committee (we know they informed him about Kurapika or was that 1999 filler? I know Wing finds out about Kurapika later on too)

Would anyone want more Phantom Troupe foreshadowing or do we already have enough as it is? I am thinking we have enough, but I wonder if they'll add anything with Machi's tiny cameo in Heaven's Arena this time around.
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; April 30, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    I am on your side mrsticky :P I do want it to be different, I've read (most) of the manga and seen the 1999 series a bunch of times. That's why episode 24 was probably my favorite episode cause it brought something new to the table for Canary's character. It would be cool to see most things like it is in the manga (its mostly better this way). Just when things are translated from books to film sequences of events sometimes change for pacing reasons. I wasn't trying to imply I want the series to be 1999 series again (not at all)

I think futurefrog's suggestion would be neat too, expanding on his character. So Mizuken? That's seriously his name? I have the 2004 guide book but :P I don't read japanese very well, can anyone tell if his name is mentioned prior to the new series? I'm excited to see what sort of fillers we'll get (nothing big just small touches) in the next few episodes. This is where I first really heavily fell in love with HxH and its happening all over again XD. I'd be really happy if we got indepth Conjurer training details maybe or Mizuken talking with the Hunter Committee (we know they informed him about Kurapika or was that 1999 filler? I know Wing finds out about Kurapika later on too)

Would anyone want more Phantom Troupe foreshadowing or do we already have enough as it is? I am thinking we have enough, but I wonder if they'll add anything with Machi's tiny cameo in Heaven's Arena this time around.
    I rather keep the Phantom Troupe a mystery for the time being.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post

This is the first instance of his name. It has never been said prior, which gives extra gravitas to the theory that he will recieve a filler expansion. It also leads me to believe he may in fact return in the manga in the future (Togashi is said to be working alongside Madhouse afterall). I would be interested to see him somehow connected to Kurapika's storyline once the manga returns, that is if he can prove to be an interesting enough character (we have only seen a few pages of him). Would be interesting to say the least.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Too much cackling from the three of them but otherwise I enjoyed the episode. Also, quite interesting to see Gido in red.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Too much cackling from the three of them but otherwise I enjoyed the episode. Also, quite interesting to see Gido in red.
    Mousiehamster, from my recollection you are a big fan of the 99 series, what did you think of this episode in comparison with it's 99 counterpart?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one anime that has me doing back flips every time i see an episode... this has slowly became my fav manga/ anime currently haha

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Mousiehamster, from my recollection you are a big fan of the 99 series, what did you think of this episode in comparison with it's 99 counterpart?
    There are some interesting differences between them. I liked the way Nen is depicted in 2011, being a good deal more flamboyant whereas the nen in the 99 series, particularly for characters in York Shin, was an ugly smudge (that hideous green buzz surrounding the Injuu for example). Its depiction was also rather inconsistent imo. On the other hand, I preferred 99's take on the sound effects, which sounds sort of like a yoga mantra ("OM") heavy on the vibrations - makes sense, considering that Nen is a projection of ones will and is something intrinsically cerebral. In fact the character Nen in chinese means "mantra", "will", "idea" or "desire" . In the 2011 version the aura sounds like swirling wind emitted from the body.

Glad to see the series has made it very explicit that the Gido and his buddies suffered some real consequences from their initiation, a deliberate contrast to the 1999 series. I'm guessing the director of the '99 series simply missed out on the detail to be honest (seemed to be something quite tame to censor).

Also interesting to see the name of Gido's hatsu flashing on screen when he performed the move. I didn't find it off putting. The 99 series played it straight.

Visually in this episode the 2011 series wins. The characters are detailed and Hisoka was magnificently devilish. I found it strange how Zushi was portrayed though. Lots of slanting eyebrows that make him look darkly ambitious in this ep upon seeing Gon and Killua's aura. In the 99 series as well as the manga I recall that Zushi was amazed instead.
    Last edited by mousiehamster; April 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else like the visualizations of the waterfall and the lake when Gon and Killua first performed Ten?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Ten will look even better like this :

It looks like the Manga.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I think that Ten will look even better like this :

It looks like the Manga.
    It looks like that might be ten when it is agitated.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys think that the name "Wing" comes from the phrase taking someone under their wing?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no clue where half the Hunter x Hunter names drew their inspiration from. I'd love to know about some of them.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Thread Closed
Page 110 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast